PDA

View Full Version : How long does it take you to go through a whole bottle of shampoo?

lapushka
January 23rd, 2018, 03:46 PM
Just because I thought the thread posted by gustavonut was so much fun, I thought of this one to accompany it.

How long does it take you?

I think I get through a 250ml bottle in about 6 to 8 times; depends on how much I need to use. I am now finishing up my KV (Kruidvat) herbal shampoo, which is an old 500ml bottle. I still have half of it left.

Blue Mermaid
January 23rd, 2018, 04:21 PM
smaller tubes 6-8 oz usually will last me 5-6 months. I shampoo once only , and only my very scalp. I have a liter of sulfate free shampoo (salon brand) that i've had over a year- I alternate between that and head and shoulders (Because otherwise my scalp would be a biohazard)

Arciela
January 23rd, 2018, 04:30 PM
Shampoo lasts a LONG time for me..I would say the 6-8 oz lasts over a year. But I cowash..haha and those run out pretty quickly, I'd say the family size of the suave stuff lasts me about 1-2 months?

Conditioner in general though for me runs out real fast as I use a ton ^^

Corvana
January 23rd, 2018, 05:02 PM
Gosh... I don't actually know? I know when I bought this current bottle of SM, so I guess I'll try to remember to come back here once it runs out!

gustavonut
January 23rd, 2018, 05:05 PM
Hey, great idea Lapushka! :D
It takes me quite a while to use up a 200ml bottle of shampoo. I’m assuming it’s because I have multiple shampoos that I like to rotate so that usually will add on to the time as well. My normal bottle of HH hello hydration shampoo isn’t even a 1/3 of the way used yet because I use such a low amount of shampoo when I wash (a couple dime amounts at best) and I wash my hair once-twice a week. My clarifying shampoo is a bit more used up because I have been swimming often and it works best for me after I swim in chlorinated and salty water.
All in all I’d say it takes me 4-6 months or so to use up one bottle, whereas the matching conditioner gets used up WAYYY sooner. The hair wants what it wants, haha. ;)

Jo Ann
January 23rd, 2018, 05:22 PM
I still have over 5/6 of a bottle of SM Intense Hydration shampoo that I got in August (love those offers of "Get 50% More FREE!!)...and I still have some OGX Coconut Milk shampoo from a couple of years ago. I was rotating shampoos to get rid of my backlog--finally finished off a bottle of Joico Moisture Recovery shampoo I got about 13 years ago (do they still MAKE that stuff??) :o

Andthetalltrees
January 23rd, 2018, 05:27 PM
Takes maybe 1-1.5 months? But I'm not the only one who uses it, Sometimes my mom or sister uses it too

Shorty89
January 23rd, 2018, 06:16 PM
Shampoo lasts a LONG time for me..I would say the 6-8 oz lasts over a year. But I cowash..haha and those run out pretty quickly, I'd say the family size of the suave stuff lasts me about 1-2 months?

Conditioner in general though for me runs out real fast as I use a ton ^^

Same here. Although, a bottle I think it's one litre, lasts me a month or so, sepending on if I SMT or henna.

Robi-Bird
January 23rd, 2018, 06:22 PM
I tend to have three or four shampoos going at once, so it takes me a little bit.

pailin
January 23rd, 2018, 06:52 PM
I don't even really pay attention to this. Probably around two months? I use maybe four times as much conditioner as shampoo.

cjk
January 23rd, 2018, 07:34 PM
Should work out to around 18 months, at my current rate of usage. I've not yet emptied it.

Dark40
January 23rd, 2018, 08:06 PM
It takes me about 3 months to get rid of a bottle of shampoo. I wash my hair once or twice a week with it. So, I use a lot of it for my thick curly hair.

spidermom
January 23rd, 2018, 08:51 PM
Other people here wash their hair. I have no idea how fast (or slow) I'd go through a bottle of shampoo. Plus bottles come in different sizes.

wannabe-rusalka
January 23rd, 2018, 09:25 PM
My 8oz shampoo with probably last me at least 6 months since I only shampoo once a week- my 8oz conditioner, however, will be lucky to last me a couple months.

Beckstar
January 23rd, 2018, 09:33 PM
I've been using the same bottle of Aussie Moist shampoo and it's still 1/2 way full. The conditioner is about the same. I had BSL hair less than 1.5 years ago and I was using the same bottles.
Most of the time I'm WO.
13.5 oz bottles

savannahfaery
January 23rd, 2018, 09:41 PM
A little over one month for me!! :o :blossom:

leayellena
January 24th, 2018, 12:58 AM
A year. I actually keep it almost up to expire date and then I find it's time to CWC or WCC

Sarahlabyrinth
January 24th, 2018, 01:12 AM
Well, with my shampoo, I'n not sure, to be honest, I don't keep a record, but I use only a small amount per wash and it's highly diluted, so - weeks, or possibly months.

AutobotsAttack
January 24th, 2018, 01:23 AM
Depends for me.

I have two types of shampoo I use. The first one is a sulfate free moisturizing shampoo from the shea moisture line, and it’s practically conditioner just a step down, and I train quite a bit so I’m constantly sweating, so I wash either everyday or every other day, and I’ll run through that in less than a month, lately I’ve been diluting everything, and substituting with baking soda rinses and ACV rinses so it’ll last maybe two month five or take.

Then my second shampoo is for neutralizing my hair after relaxers and doing a heavy buildup removal, which I use maybe every two or every three weeks. And usually that will last for well into 6 months. Sometimes the entire year.

Hexen
January 24th, 2018, 01:35 AM
Probably about a month. (about 10 oz) I wash frequently.
That is unless I knock it over and it falls, and I then accidentally step on it...

By the way....forget Legos. Anyone ever stepped on a strangely shaped cap of whatever hair product unexpectedly in the shower? Not fun. :)

Stray_mind
January 24th, 2018, 01:56 AM
250 ml bottle lasts me about half a year.

lapushka
January 24th, 2018, 03:39 AM
Hey, great idea Lapushka! :D
It takes me quite a while to use up a 200ml bottle of shampoo. I’m assuming it’s because I have multiple shampoos that I like to rotate so that usually will add on to the time as well. My normal bottle of HH hello hydration shampoo isn’t even a 1/3 of the way used yet because I use such a low amount of shampoo when I wash (a couple dime amounts at best) and I wash my hair once-twice a week. My clarifying shampoo is a bit more used up because I have been swimming often and it works best for me after I swim in chlorinated and salty water.
All in all I’d say it takes me 4-6 months or so to use up one bottle, whereas the matching conditioner gets used up WAYYY sooner. The hair wants what it wants, haha. ;)

Thanks, I thought it was a nice accompanying thread to yours! :D

And don't I know it. LOL!

I still have over 5/6 of a bottle of SM Intense Hydration shampoo that I got in August (love those offers of "Get 50% More FREE!!)...and I still have some OGX Coconut Milk shampoo from a couple of years ago. I was rotating shampoos to get rid of my backlog--finally finished off a bottle of Joico Moisture Recovery shampoo I got about 13 years ago (do they still MAKE that stuff??) :o

13 years? My oldest bottles (Nivea shampoo) were 10+ years, it about evens out, I guess. Let me just tell ya, I love the preservatives in shampoo. LOL!

Corvana
January 24th, 2018, 01:42 PM
Gosh... I don't actually know? I know when I bought this current bottle of SM, so I guess I'll try to remember to come back here once it runs out!

So I looked at the bottle, it's 13oz and I've barely used any! I honestly think it might last me at least an entire year.

DweamGoiL
January 24th, 2018, 01:51 PM
Hmmm...My current shampoo is 13 oz or 384 ml. I have had it since August and it's about 1/3 way done. So...just guestimating here, but I would say about 15 months for that size bottle.

Flowerness
January 24th, 2018, 02:43 PM
I was just wondering this very question the other day. I've discovered my scalp is happier if I use more shampoo (I was neglecting the inner part of my hair, if that makes sense!). Now I'm going to wonder...! Good question!

RottenMango
April 25th, 2019, 09:21 PM
One month for a 22 oz. bottle of shampoo assuming I wash once per every three days.

Begemot
April 26th, 2019, 12:52 AM
My guesstimate is that 250 ml shampoo bottle used two or three times a week should last around two or three months.

lapushka
April 26th, 2019, 05:02 AM
I think I use about 50ml per wash. Easily. So I can go through it... fast!

The-Young-Maid
April 26th, 2019, 08:24 AM
With daily washing, my favorite 1L(33.8oz) shampoo last 3-4 months. I always use 2 pumps at a time.

Cg
April 26th, 2019, 09:16 AM
Weekly washing, > 1 year.

GrowinIt
April 26th, 2019, 09:19 AM
Forever, because when I'm half done with it, I've found a new one to try :). Otherwise, probably 2 months, if I actually used it all.

Reyn127
April 26th, 2019, 10:39 AM
I never really payed attention until lately, and I’m still not done with the bottle, but it looks like 350mL will last me 7-8 months, at a rate of about 3 washes per month.

desisparkles
April 26th, 2019, 02:45 PM
It lasts me forever too but I'm realising I may be using far too little. I'm going to up my shampoo amount by 5x starting next wash. Goodness I have enough different unopened shampoos waiting to be used - thanks ulta for the half off not your mothers sale, hahaha.

eadwine
April 26th, 2019, 02:50 PM
It lasts me so long that I forget when I bought it.

lapushka
April 26th, 2019, 04:11 PM
It lasts me so long that I forget when I bought it.

That's when you know it almost pays for itself, right? :p

MusicalSpoons
April 26th, 2019, 05:48 PM
I opened my current 400ml bottle at the end of February, and share it with my Mum. Neither of us washes very often (I do wash more often if I need to be presentable though!) with her maybe 3 times every fortnight, and me ~weekly plus maybe a scalp wash in between. I think I use more per wash than I used to though, but that's because my hair's greasier! We're not quite halfway through the bottle in 2 months, so I estimate 4 months between the 2 of us to finish it.

Strwberryfields
April 26th, 2019, 06:23 PM
About a month. Depends on how often I need wash during that time. The liters last me probably 6-7 months though.

Ylva
April 26th, 2019, 07:41 PM
I think I use about 25 ml of shampoo when shampooing my scalp only, and maybe 50 ml if I am shampooing all of my hair. So after that it just depends on the size of the bottle. I do rotate a few different shampoos, though - one of those being a purple shampoo, another one a clarifying/chelating shampoo, one is a "basic" sulfate shampoo and then there's usually a milder/gentler one as well - and use them based on what I feel like my hair wants and needs.

alewyn
June 29th, 2022, 07:29 AM
Thought of this question today and wanted to resurrect this thread to hear more responses! :) I actually CO wash, so I don't use shampoo at the moment (couldn't find a corresponding thread for conditioner, though I'm sure one exists). How often I wash varies a little depending on my scalp's needs, but it's usually between 10-15 days. It takes me around a year to get through a 3.5 oz conditioner bar.

Sarahlabyrinth
June 29th, 2022, 07:50 AM
I've never timed how long it takes, but it would be ages because I dilute it a lot with water, like 10 to 1.

Nox_Inber
June 29th, 2022, 08:51 AM
I'm a daily washer and shampoo lasts me a few months usually. My shampoo comes in the big bottle, otherwise a smaller sized bottle would be gone in a month.

lapushka
June 29th, 2022, 10:39 AM
These days? A 250ml bottle lasts me about 5 "goes". I use up approximately a sample size (50ml) every time. A dime size does not suds up for me for my entire head, no way ma'am.

Aunt Rapunzel
June 29th, 2022, 12:52 PM
I've never timed how long it takes, but it would be ages because I dilute it a lot with water, like 10 to 1.

I hadn't thought about diluting shampoo. I may give that a try and see how my hair likes it!

I'm not sure how long it takes me to go through a bottle of shampoo, because I have several shampoos that I rotate. I only wash my hair a couple of times a week, because otherwise it gets very dry. I use more conditioner than I do shampoo.

Cyclamen
June 29th, 2022, 01:11 PM
1 litre lasts about two years. But it depends a lot on shampoo and water (hard water won't sud much, I have soft now). I use a ton more conditioner.

dancedance
June 29th, 2022, 02:19 PM
I honestly have no idea, I only wash my hair once a week. Over 6 months I'd say. I don't use just a little dime sized amount though, I'm like lapushka, I need close to a sample sized amount of shampoo to wash my scalp thoroughly.

lapushka
June 29th, 2022, 03:04 PM
I honestly have no idea, I only wash my hair once a week. Over 6 months I'd say. I don't use just a little dime sized amount though, I'm like lapushka, I need close to a sample sized amount of shampoo to wash my scalp thoroughly.

For me it's the density of my hair, for the most part. I need to put some globs here and there and all about to suds every bit up and sort of "connect the dots" all over my scalp to get to a lather.

SandyBottom
June 29th, 2022, 08:00 PM
Hmm...I have no idea, but it's a long time. I only wash about once a week and use less than a teaspoon at most, scalp only. I have noticed in the past (for anyone who likes lather) that if you have olive oil (probably others) on the crown, the shampoo will lather a lot.

Taliesyn
June 29th, 2022, 09:45 PM
Shampoo bottles never seem to end, while the conditioner and mask bottles always empty so fast.
I would guess my shampoo bottles last about 6 months. I wash may hair every 5-6 days and only shampoo my scalp.
Since I don't have high density hair, about a tbsp or less will be enough for me.

Hedwig
June 30th, 2022, 04:53 AM
If I'm consistently using it, a 250ml bottle lasts me about 2 months.