PDA

View Full Version : How long does it take you to go through a whole bottle of conditioner?

gustavonut
January 23rd, 2018, 08:27 AM
You read the title ladies and gents. How long does it take you to go through a 8 oz bottle of conditioner?
Or for the European peeps, a 200ml (6.7 oz) bottle of conditioner? ;D

I just realized that I use quite a lot of conditioner.. almost two whole 200ml bottles of conditioner are gone and after only 2 months :rolleyes:.. That’s quite a bit for me.. But how about you? :D

lapushka
January 23rd, 2018, 10:11 AM
I can use a 200 to 250 ml bottle about 3 to 4 times.

I last used the Inecto coconut conditioner (500ml) in about 3 goes, double conditioning though.

Beeboo123
January 23rd, 2018, 10:15 AM
I used about 3 bottles (8 oz each) in 4 months. I wash my hair everyday, but don’t use very much each time. I have a small bottle in my shower that I use to mix conditioner and water, it makes it much easier to distribute in my hair and saves a lot of product.

Robi-Bird
January 23rd, 2018, 10:18 AM
One month or so. I go through conditioner faster than shampoo.

Jo Ann
January 23rd, 2018, 10:19 AM
Two SMT's and one CO within a one week period. Hey, it was VO5 conditioner, and my hair didn't like the protein in it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Other than two bottles (I like to live dangerously), I don't usually buy conditioner in an 8oz--but when I do, they can last me about six months (I wash weekly).

pailin
January 23rd, 2018, 10:24 AM
I think mine is 250 cc, and I wash daily and condition twice. One bottle lasts about a week and a half....​

lapushka
January 23rd, 2018, 10:28 AM
Two SMT's and one CO within a one week period. Hey, it was VO5 conditioner, and my hair didn't like the protein in it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Other than two bottles (I like to live dangerously), I don't usually buy conditioner in an 8oz--but when I do, they can last me about six months (I wash weekly).

Here in Belgium conditioner only comes in 200ml bottles, that's the standard. Unless you want to buy Syoss (300ml) or Franck Provost (500ml) or Inecto coconut (500ml), and they're not that great (except for the F. Provost one for dry and damaged hair).

chantecler
January 23rd, 2018, 10:31 AM
When I had BSL hair I used about one for two months, then I bleached the ends and I used like one per month, and now with chin lenght I've had one for three months and I'm far rom having finished it even though I wash my hair more often.

Dark40
January 23rd, 2018, 10:35 AM
Since I have WL hair now I go through one 8 oz. bottle per month. I also use lots of conditioner on my hair too, and I also wash my hair everyday or every other day.

littlestarface
January 23rd, 2018, 10:39 AM
Alot the bigger the bottle the better. I have to buy in bigger pump form so it lasts.

Andthetalltrees
January 23rd, 2018, 10:58 AM
I buy conditioner every 3-4 weeks washing every other day, If I get one of those really big ones it'll last maybe a little over a month. I have really thick hair and I use A LOT, I hate to know who much I'll go through with longer hair :shrug:

divinedobbie
January 23rd, 2018, 11:04 AM
It takes me about 6 or 7 weeks of daily washing to get through a 955mL bottle. So 200 mL per about 1.5-2 weeks so about 10-14 washes.

savannahfaery
January 23rd, 2018, 01:05 PM
It takes me about two and a half months to finish with an average~sized bottle of conditioner, and it magically seems to never run out, even though I slather on half a palm full! :o My hair is currently a couple of inches past waist length. :blossom:

Jo Ann
January 23rd, 2018, 01:36 PM
Here in Belgium conditioner only comes in 200ml bottles, that's the standard. Unless you want to buy Syoss (300ml) or Franck Provost (500ml) or Inecto coconut (500ml), and they're not that great (except for the F. Provost one for dry and damaged hair).
My last bottle of Hello Hydration was about 34 oz (about 1L). I got it last summer and only use about 3-4 pumps when I do my hair

gustavonut
January 23rd, 2018, 01:50 PM
Some people need more and some less. My hair typically sucks up more moisture so I tend to use two handfuls of both conditioners from the ears down on my length, depending on how dry it feels, sometimes more. And I try to smoosh it into my hair as much as possible. :) It’s very interesting seeing everybody’s conditioner routine!

Sarahlabyrinth
January 23rd, 2018, 02:21 PM
About 3 to 4 washes for me (a 200ml bottle). I don't know why they make such small bottles in Europe.... :(

Corvana
January 23rd, 2018, 02:49 PM
My current conditioner is in a 30oz (or 887ml LOL) bottle. I got it at the beginning of December, and it's still 3/4 full. That means that I've used about 7.5oz in about a month (I wash weekly, but DC'd twice since I bought this conditioner, plus one week I just skipped entirely).

So about a month, at near-APL! Curious to see what it changes to as my hair grows tbh.

Rowdy
January 23rd, 2018, 03:30 PM
My current bottle is a 778 ml pump of Aussie 7in1 and they tend to last me a year washing WCC every 5 - 7 days. So that's about 200ml every 3 months.

Slightly OT - I had to look up my bottle online to see how many ml and ended up finding an even bigger 900 ml bottle of it at Walgreens.com for 1$ less than the 778 ml size. $5.99 and free shipping to the store, so thanks for starting this thread OP :D

lapushka
January 23rd, 2018, 03:35 PM
My last bottle of Hello Hydration was about 34 oz (about 1L). I got it last summer and only use about 3-4 pumps when I do my hair

1/ HH is no longer sold in BE or NL, appears to be discontinued
2/ you guys are so lucky

Oh well, gives me a chance to use up my stash. I still have quite the HH bottles left, so need to use those up, and before I'm using those up I am to go through about 16 containers of "older" conditioners.

lapushka
January 23rd, 2018, 03:37 PM
About 3 to 4 washes for me (a 200ml bottle). I don't know why they make such small bottles in Europe.... :(

I have no clue either. The Syoss ones are 300ml, and probably in FR too, and the Franck Provost is most definitely in FR and about 500ml (the one for dry damaged hair is silicone free and awesome).

cathair
January 23rd, 2018, 04:13 PM
250ml every two months maybe. You're all making me feel very frugal! Benefits of non-existent ends I guess.

I wash about every 6 days probably. I condition twice. One big condition to get all the tangles out. Then one little condition just before I hop out of the shower to make sure it's all still smooth. Ears down only.

Blue Mermaid
January 23rd, 2018, 04:18 PM
8 oz? probably twice. Three if i stretch it a bit and my hair isn't feeling too velcro-y

Beeboo123
January 23rd, 2018, 04:56 PM
cathair, I’m feeling really frugal too!

AutobotsAttack
January 24th, 2018, 03:01 AM
For a while I used to go through those big Aussie conditioner bottles within a few weeks. Now I’d say my conditioner lasts a month even the big bottles. The deep conditioners I use last maybe a month and a half to two months.

gustavonut
January 24th, 2018, 03:37 AM
For a while I used to go through those big Aussie conditioner bottles within a few weeks. Now I’d say my conditioner lasts a month even the big bottles. The deep conditioners I use last maybe a month and a half to two months.

Ugh I wish we had those big bottles here in Germany!! Then I wouldn’t need to buy new ones so often :/ and for some reason Aussie is really expensive here, so I always stick with herbal essences or garnier fructis. ;)

Stray_mind
January 24th, 2018, 03:41 AM
I'd say about 6 to 8 months, since i always condition after shampooing.

lapushka
January 24th, 2018, 03:54 AM
Ugh I wish we had those big bottles here in Germany!! Then I wouldn’t need to buy new ones so often :/ and for some reason Aussie is really expensive here, so I always stick with herbal essences or garnier fructis. ;)

Yeah! Aussie costs about 8 euro for their deep conditioner in Belgium, I consider that expensive; while it is what? About 3 dollars in the US?

gustavonut
January 24th, 2018, 04:15 AM
Yeah! Aussie costs about 8 euro for their deep conditioner in Belgium, I consider that expensive; while it is what? About 3 dollars in the US?

Yes! 8 euros is wayy too much compared to the 2-4 bucks for the deep conditioners back in MO. In America they are known as a cheap brand much like Tresseme (miss that conditioner so much..) Why Europe.. why?? :,(

Fia
January 24th, 2018, 04:34 AM
250 ml (little less than 8.5 oz) bottles of GM Cream Shampoo and GM Cream Rinse have lasted me close to a year. They will likely last the full year out as there is still some left in them. Wash every 7-11 days (closer to 11 nowadays, used to be 7 when I started out). I've just started a 60-second conditioner bottle (also 250 ml), will likely last up towards two years as I only condition every second wash.

YvetteVarie
January 24th, 2018, 05:17 AM
I finish mine (average 400ml) in 3 - 4 washes. I have a lot of hair, and I noticed if I use more conditioner, it is easier to detangle my hair

school of fish
January 24th, 2018, 05:43 AM
I've never tracked it, so I have to take my best guess. I buy the largest bottles of Pantene, which are 595mls here (20oz US). I shampoo and condition daily, but with small amounts - shampoo is a dollop about the size of a shelled peanut and conditioner about the size of a peanut shell, so I go through my conditioner at maybe 3 times the rate of my shampoo. I also use the same conditioner for SMT every week or two generally, so that further speeds the rate of consumption on the conditioner.

My best guess is that I might buy maybe 2 (or less) of those sized bottles of shampoo per year, and maybe 5 or 6 of the matching conditioner - maybe? Hard to say, but I get the sense I go through a fair bit less than many fellow LHCers gauging by the responses so far.

Dewdrop
January 24th, 2018, 06:17 AM
I think about 4-5 times. I condition twice; first without cones, squeeze out all that will go out, then apply coney condition, let sit, rinse out. So I always use two bottles at any given time which does stretch it out, but I think 4-6 washes?

MusicalSpoons
January 24th, 2018, 07:00 AM
I'm not sure exactly but I think my current bottle has lasted about 3 months so far. I've tweaked my routine recently so I've only washed my lengths once or twice a week for the last couple of months. Before that I was trying to either CWC or only wet the scalp whilst lathering before rinsing the whole lot.

Pre-LHC I used to use Aussie 3MM on the last 12" or so, washing every other day, and a bottle of that lasted around 6 months+. Now I see that all my lengths need conditioner, so I use more but wash my lengths less frequently (thanks to oil rinsing the ends).

[For reference, my current conditioner is Henara Gold shine 250ml, though appears to have been discontinued over here. Need to find another HG before my stash runs out in a couple of years!]

samanthaa
January 24th, 2018, 07:20 AM
Oh wow. I last ordered conditioner in June 2017 (16 oz), and I'm only about halfway through it. Granted I think I was still using up a little bit of my old conditioner right when I got the new one in June, and I've been using an even newer conditioner for the last two weeks, but, yeah, it's been 6+ months. I use conditioner once a week. I don't have to use much with my fine, thin hair.

I think I was experimenting with trying to go conditioner free sometime throughout the past six months, but I'm almost certain that experiment lasted no more than 3 weeks (I don't have a good hair type for natural alternatives). My goal has always been to cut down on conditioner, because plastic bottles are super wasteful/bad for the environment, and I'm kind of pleased to see how long I've made this bottle last!

JadedByEntropy
January 24th, 2018, 08:40 AM
I'm going to put a date on my next bottle. its been 3 months and i've still got a 1/4 left. i use tons, but rarely wash. i'm kind of weekly xD

Flowerness
January 24th, 2018, 04:00 PM
Good question! I was just combining some old conditioner to use it up & I was wondering how long it lasts me. I just got a new bottle of VO5 for my first C of WCC.
It is runny, though. I tend to use a palmful-ish of each conditioner. Lately, using more shampoo to get all my scalp (we have crazy hard water here). Been focusing on having fun & enjoying washing my hair. One bottle lasts at least a month I think- for each conditioner I believe. Now I'm going to have to keep track, just to be sure! I'm totally curious now!

Salwety
January 25th, 2018, 04:27 AM
The more curlier the hair the more it needs conditioner I think. And with length we can use even more. Now at WL I might use a 200ml bottle of conditioner in a month, if not less. I water wash my hair once or twice per week. And each time I use 2 palmfuls of conditioner to detangle and style. When it was only 4 or 5 inches of natural hair ( in the transition period) a bottle of that size lasted about 4 month.

gustavonut
January 25th, 2018, 05:29 AM
I’ve been wondering how much the double conditioning helps my hair.. Then I remember before when I was just shampoo + conditioner and that’s it, my hair was much more grabby and I couldn’t detangle it without breaking quite a few hairs. But now that I’m WCC or CWC its like night and day. I can actually brush it without hearing breaking and it feels so much softer.. I think my only complaint is sometimes it is just so slippery that I can’t manage an updo without a few tries (and fails). But I definetly don’t want my hair any rougher because I feel like that would cause more breakage for me! :eek: Maybe I’m due for a protein treatment :T

lapushka
January 25th, 2018, 05:41 AM
I’ve been wondering how much the double conditioning helps my hair.. Then I remember before when I was just shampoo + conditioner and that’s it, my hair was much more grabby and I couldn’t detangle it without breaking quite a few hairs. But now that I’m WCC or CWC its like night and day. I can actually brush it without hearing breaking and it feels so much softer.. I think my only complaint is sometimes it is just so slippery that I can’t manage an updo without a few tries (and fails). But I definetly don’t want my hair any rougher because I feel like that would cause more breakage for me! :eek: Maybe I’m due for a protein treatment :T

I've been WCC for years, without a break and I've never needed a "special" protein treatment. I do have mixed conditioners and conditioners that have a bit of protein, but a dedicated protein treatment I've never ever done. I do clarify-wash every time (sulfate wash) and maybe that is what helps. IDK. :shrug:

gustavonut
January 25th, 2018, 05:49 AM
I've been WCC for years, without a break and I've never needed a "special" protein treatment. I do have mixed conditioners and conditioners that have a bit of protein, but a dedicated protein treatment I've never ever done. I do clarify-wash every time (sulfate wash) and maybe that is what helps. IDK. :shrug:

To be honest I haven’t done a protein treatment in about 3 years LOL (and tbh, I don’t think it changed anything). I’m not exactly sure what my hair needs at the moment but I do know that it has started feeling like some kind of silky soft cotton candy texture after using the wet brush. Almost poofy. :confused: But, Oh boy do I like that :cheese:
I am exactly like you in that I technically clarify wash every time too considering I use a really sulfatey shampoo every time. Non-sulfate shampoo makes my hair feel heavy and gross.. Anyways, I believe hello hydration has protein in it, or no? I’m not sure exactly, but that’s what I’ve been using along with garnier fructis oil repair 3.

LadyCelestina
January 25th, 2018, 06:22 AM
Sometimes I go through a bottle and then some during a wash. It's getting kinda costly and that's why I'm considering maintaining :/

Normally it's at the very least half a bottle, but I do tend to use a light conditioner and then a thicker one on top so maybe a bit less.

My hair is curly and almost BCL when straight.

LadyCelestina
January 25th, 2018, 06:25 AM

Can you get Kallos? They make 1l bottles of condtioner for 2.50 e.

gustavonut
January 25th, 2018, 06:27 AM
Can you get Kallos? They make 1l bottles of condtioner for 2.50 e.

I’ve never heard of that brand! Or maybe I’ve passed it before but never noticed.. hmmm..
Are they available at Müller or DM? Where do you find yours? I’m in Germany by the way :)

LadyCelestina
January 25th, 2018, 06:30 AM
I’ve never heard of that brand! Or maybe I’ve passed it before but never noticed.. hmmm..
Are they available at Müller or DM? Where do you find yours? I’m in Germany by the way :)

It's a Hungarian brand and I can get it here in Slovakia in another drugstore chain (not DM) now, but before that they could only be ordered online. Kallos is listed as a hairdresser brand so maybe try searching online in stores meant for hairdressers?

not if it works for you sure but I found this https://www.notino.de/kallos/

chomsky
January 25th, 2018, 09:49 AM
I've got a very nasty habit of opening one, forgetting then opening other, and so on. From that's I've usually got 3/4 bottles open and being used at any one time. :lol:

When I next open a fresh one, should be soon, I'll make note and see. With 3 open I can go about 6-7 months, so I'm going to guess 2 months per 400ml bottle. I'm very liberal with conditioner!

Beeboo123
January 25th, 2018, 10:55 AM
Sometimes I go through a bottle and then some during a wash. It's getting kinda costly and that's why I'm considering maintaining :/

Normally it's at the very least half a bottle, but I do tend to use a light conditioner and then a thicker one on top so maybe a bit less.

My hair is curly and almost BCL when straight.

Yikes! Where I’m from, a bottle of the cheapest conditioner would cost at least $10. Fortunately, my hair does not need much conditioner.

littlestarface
January 25th, 2018, 11:59 AM
Yikes! Where I’m from, a bottle of the cheapest conditioner would cost at least $10. Fortunately, my hair does not need much conditioner.

$10 for a cheap conditioner???????????!!!!!!!!!! i'm dead, you killed me.

Beeboo123
January 25th, 2018, 12:09 PM
$10 for a cheap conditioner???????????!!!!!!!!!! i'm dead, you killed me.

Yeah, $10 (okay, $9.90, like the $0.10 makes much of a difference to my poor pocket) for Pantene or Herbal Essences. I was so surprised when LHC members recommended Garnier Fructis as a cheap conditioner. I saw it selling at the drugstore for $30 here. *faints*

littlestarface
January 25th, 2018, 12:36 PM
Yeah, $10 (okay, $9.90, like the $0.10 makes much of a difference to my poor pocket) for Pantene or Herbal Essences. I was so surprised when LHC members recommended Garnier Fructis as a cheap conditioner. I saw it selling at the drugstore for $30 here. *faints*

$30!! for garnier :shocked:

gustavonut
January 25th, 2018, 03:05 PM
$30!! for garnier :shocked:

Say WHAT? :disgust:

chomsky
January 25th, 2018, 03:36 PM

Is this in USD? I remember when I was in Singapore (staying with a friend for a month) and I had to continuously remind myself to convert before buying, it was a shock paying S$12 for toiletries but then realising that it's only £6 and fits the price back home. But obviously I don't know where you are, haha.

I'm not surprised about Garnier Fructis though, I've never seen it in the UK (and I really wanted to try it once because everyone loves it) apart from import shops or those online ones, and the price, oh lord, £8 for a small conditioner! We only have the Ultimate Blends here, and I'm still not up for paying £3 for a small bottle. :lol:

lapushka
January 25th, 2018, 04:06 PM
To be honest I haven’t done a protein treatment in about 3 years LOL (and tbh, I don’t think it changed anything). I’m not exactly sure what my hair needs at the moment but I do know that it has started feeling like some kind of silky soft cotton candy texture after using the wet brush. Almost poofy. :confused: But, Oh boy do I like that :cheese:
I am exactly like you in that I technically clarify wash every time too considering I use a really sulfatey shampoo every time. Non-sulfate shampoo makes my hair feel heavy and gross.. Anyways, I believe hello hydration has protein in it, or no? I’m not sure exactly, but that’s what I’ve been using along with garnier fructis oil repair 3.

Yeah HH has some protein in it, a little bit.

gustavonut
January 25th, 2018, 04:09 PM
Yeah HH has some protein in it, a little bit.

That’s good enough for me.

Beeboo123
January 25th, 2018, 09:05 PM
Is this in USD? I remember when I was in Singapore (staying with a friend for a month) and I had to continuously remind myself to convert before buying, it was a shock paying S$12 for toiletries but then realising that it's only £6 and fits the price back home. But obviously I don't know where you are, haha.

I'm not surprised about Garnier Fructis though, I've never seen it in the UK (and I really wanted to try it once because everyone loves it) apart from import shops or those online ones, and the price, oh lord, £8 for a small conditioner! We only have the Ultimate Blends here, and I'm still not up for paying £3 for a small bottle. :lol:

Yeah that’s after conversion to USD. US$12 for the Loreal conditioner I use... I just buy it on Amazon, it’s so much cheaper, and the shipping prices aren’t as exorbitant.

Zindell
January 26th, 2018, 03:14 AM
YHow long does it take you to go through a whole bottle of conditioner?

Conditioner? What's that? :confused:

Just kidding. But I stopped using conditioner some year back when I realised it only made my flat hair 'flatter'. I have typical nordic hair, and without conditioner it gets fuller/thicker. :)

gustavonut
January 26th, 2018, 04:15 AM
Conditioner? What's that? :confused:

Just kidding. But I stopped using conditioner some year back when I realised it only made my flat hair 'flatter'. I have typical nordic hair, and without conditioner it gets fuller/thicker. :)

Wow, I wish I could do that! I’d probably save a lot of euros
Do you use anything to condition your hair besides commercial conditioners? Like oils, herbs, etc?

Simsy
January 26th, 2018, 05:16 AM
And here I was thinking that Pantene and Treseme are the higher end conditioners around here at about $10 for reasonable sized bottles.

I can and have killed a litre of conditioner in 4 washes, but that’s still a month and really heavy use. My average is 2 months, if I remember to oil and apply moisture treatments on occasion.

MusicalSpoons
January 26th, 2018, 05:59 AM

I used to use Garnier Fructis as a kid, when we had to be really careful with money so it must have been cheap enough back then! It's weird how things can change so much. I actually recently got a couple to try from Savers at £1 each but I found my HG in the meantime so haven't used them yet. I've not seen them elsewhere this decade though, which I realise now you mention it.

MusicalSpoons
January 26th, 2018, 06:04 AM

Yikes!! :shocked: that's absolutely crazy! Are you somewhere where imported stuff has to be flown in, or something like that?
And here's me begrudging paying more than a couple of pounds for conditioner :oops: (thanks, cheapie shops!)

Beeboo123
January 26th, 2018, 08:07 AM
Yikes!! :shocked: that's absolutely crazy! Are you somewhere where imported stuff has to be flown in, or something like that?
And here's me begrudging paying more than a couple of pounds for conditioner :oops: (thanks, cheapie shops!)

Ah that’s what I get for living on an island. Weirdly, Kerastase isn’t as crazily expensive here- US$60 for the giant 1 litre bottle. ‘Tis strange

littlestarface
January 26th, 2018, 10:03 AM
Ah that’s what I get for living on an island. Weirdly, Kerastase isn’t as crazily expensive here- US$60 for the giant 1 litre bottle. ‘Tis strange

Heck i'd rather just buy that one.

Eastbound&Down
January 26th, 2018, 10:09 AM
I have no idea because I buy 32 oz shampoos and conditioners. But those tend to last me about 3-4 months washing once a week.

Ariel love
February 21st, 2018, 08:04 PM
I just wash it twice a week and use a bottle of 24oz of conditioner, it lasts me about maximum 2 months.

unheardletters
February 24th, 2018, 10:44 AM
My conditioner lasts more than a year. I only wash my hair once a week and I use about a teaspoon of conditioner. I go though shampoo much more though, as it takes quite a bit to get the oil out.

vampyyri
February 24th, 2018, 04:20 PM
About a month. I stock up heavily on Suave Green Apple conditioner and get 6 bottles at a time, so it keeps me set for half a year! :graduate:

Natalina
February 24th, 2018, 08:09 PM
I stocked up on a lot of conditioners (from different brands, I'm more "adventurous" trying out new conditioners than I am with shampoos) but I actually don't use a lot of it, and I use it twice a week after shampoo.

I use barely half a palm of conditioner per use for runnier ones like my Elseve Nutri-Oil, and half that amount for thicker ones like my L'ilan Grapefruit and Orange. That 325ml bottle of Elseve has lasted me for a year so far (I'm still trying to use it all up), the same for my 150ml L'ilan one, I think the latter has at least 3 more washes to go, but possibly more.

I've been using these two products every week for a year and still going strong, but I've only MBL hair so that's probably why they lasted this long.

gingham_bay
February 24th, 2018, 11:44 PM
My hair's comparatively short but I found that I used up an entire small bottle of conditioner in 2 washes... so a week only! Usually it lasts a little longer than that though, maybe a month. But I also use Pantene occasionally and I use less of that because it is so thick.

hayheadsbird
February 25th, 2018, 01:11 AM
I feel like an anomaly! It takes a good while to go through a whole bottle of conditioner, maybe 4 months or more? Down to washing once a week from twice a week and only use a couple of dollops of mine at a time. Just switched over to a different first conditioner and only using a little bit of that as well, prob comparable to how much shampoo I use per wash, and the current shampoo bottle is almost empty after being on the go from July!

Simsy
February 26th, 2018, 03:36 AM
1-2 months depending on how grouchy the mop has been. If it’s dry and grumpy, or I’ve been lazy with the oil; I will kill a litre in 4 washes. But if I remember to keep up with the oil and everything plays nice; I can get 7-8 washes out of a bottle.

chomsky
February 26th, 2018, 03:47 AM
Apparently a very long time when I don't like the conditioner. :lol:

Dark40
February 26th, 2018, 08:29 PM
With me washing every single day I can use a lot of conditioner. I have a lot of hair. So, I would say I can use up an 12oz. bottle of conditioner in a month.

Rebeccalaurenxx
March 3rd, 2018, 01:27 PM
Depends on the brand!! I think some of us forget some conditioners are thicker than others.
I have some that are really watery and light, a few shea moisture conditioners and my live clean - its so watery and light I need a huge glop of it to see a difference in my hair which usually means I go through a tube/bottle within 3 months or so, which is awhile I think, the lighter conditioners seem to last me longer because the bottles are different. But heavier conditioners last me maybe a month or two because I tend to use lots and use them like deep conditioners. Depends really on the brand though. Some last me 2 months, some last me 6 months. Some sit for a year LOL

RottenMango
April 25th, 2019, 09:16 PM
About a week and a half for a 22 oz. bottle of conditioner. I use conditioner everyday whether I shampoo or not.

Begemot
April 26th, 2019, 01:30 AM
My SL-APL hair doesn't require that much conditioner. I'd say a 250 ml bottle lasts 1,5-2 months. Deep conditioners don't last long because I apply them to damp hair.

lapushka
April 26th, 2019, 06:21 AM
Still about 3 times use for a 250ml bottle. I have a Gliss Kur mask that contains 150ml (from a time where they tried to keep prices low but you got less), I should be able to use it up in this next wash since I condition twice. So we'll see.

LongHairM
April 26th, 2019, 06:40 AM
I have almost APL hair and a 250mL bottle of conditioner lasts me for about 4 months, a 250mL shampoo bottle lasts me for about 6 months. I wash my hair once a week.

lapushka
April 26th, 2019, 07:22 AM
I have almost APL hair and a 250mL bottle of conditioner lasts me for about 4 months, a 250mL shampoo bottle lasts me for about 6 months. I wash my hair once a week.

I wash once a week as well. :) :D

LongHairM
April 26th, 2019, 07:35 AM
I wash once a week as well. :) :D

But your hair is about 4 times my length :lol: Or maybe I'm jut not using enough conditioner, because it seems like everyone finishes their conditioner faster than me :lol:

The-Young-Maid
April 26th, 2019, 07:59 AM
With daily use, an average 12oz bottle can last between 1-3 months for me. I have a LOT of hair but my stands are pretty fine so too much will weigh my hair down. I use a *small* palm-full, since I have small hands. This is my best guess because I usually get bored and switch after a several weeks then come back.

Cg
April 26th, 2019, 09:18 AM
Same as shampoo. Weekly wash/condition, a bottle lasts > one year.

lapushka
April 26th, 2019, 10:43 AM
But your hair is about 4 times my length :lol: Or maybe I'm jut not using enough conditioner, because it seems like everyone finishes their conditioner faster than me :lol:

Yes 4 times out of a 250 ml bottle you say? At about APL? I get about 3 uses out of a 200ml bottle with classic length hair.

You do seem to be using quite a bit there yeah. LOL!

But maybe you condition the scalp? I don't, I only apply ears down.

AshtangiPNW
April 26th, 2019, 10:49 AM
Yes 4 times out of a 250 ml bottle you say? At about APL? I get about 3 uses out of a 200ml bottle with classic length hair.

You do seem to be using quite a bit there yeah. LOL!

But maybe you condition the scalp? I don't, I only apply ears down.

Just to help clarify, I think that LongHairM actually said that it lasts 4 *months*, washing once a week. So, around 16 uses out of the bottle! :o

LongHairM
April 26th, 2019, 11:28 AM
Just to help clarify, I think that LongHairM actually said that it lasts 4 *months*, washing once a week. So, around 16 uses out of the bottle! :o

Yes, precisely :)

Mine lasts for 4 months, and Lapushka said that for her it lasts for 3 uses, I said that it's probably because her hair is 4 times longer than mine or because I use too little :lol:

Rowdy
April 26th, 2019, 12:03 PM
I had to go back and check my calendar. My 900 ml bottle of Aussie 7N1 is on pace to last me exactly 1 year by May 11th. I wash my hair twice a week and use between 2 - 4 pumps.

lapushka
April 26th, 2019, 03:46 PM
Yes, precisely :)

Mine lasts for 4 months, and Lapushka said that for her it lasts for 3 uses, I said that it's probably because her hair is 4 times longer than mine or because I use too little :lol:

Oh gosh, me and my reading skills. :( Ugh. I thought it said 4 weeks / 1 month. My bad. Sorry guys!

Stray_mind
April 26th, 2019, 11:26 PM
It depends on the bottle, but usually it takes me about one or two months.

Corvana
April 27th, 2019, 02:21 AM
My current conditioner is in a 30oz (or 887ml LOL) bottle. I got it at the beginning of December, and it's still 3/4 full. That means that I've used about 7.5oz in about a month (I wash weekly, but DC'd twice since I bought this conditioner, plus one week I just skipped entirely).

So about a month, at near-APL! Curious to see what it changes to as my hair grows tbh.

Update! This bottle lasted me about a year, however the second one is definitely not going to last nearly as long. More hair means more to condition!

LongHairM
April 27th, 2019, 02:37 AM
Oh gosh, me and my reading skills. :( Ugh. I thought it said 4 weeks / 1 month. My bad. Sorry guys!

Haha! No worries!

gustavonut
April 27th, 2019, 08:19 AM
This is really interesting for me to read. Looks like I need to be using more conditioner than I though :o

hayheadsbird
April 28th, 2019, 03:58 PM
Same as shampoo. Weekly wash/condition, a bottle lasts > one year.

I use 2 conditioners, lighter on my lengths, heavier on my ends, so about the same for me.

JennGalt
April 28th, 2019, 05:38 PM
I generally use about 75-80 mL (1/3 C) for each application of conditioner. My husband and I have been talking about moving to his home country (in Europe) once he finishes his degree, so this talk of teeny tiny 200 mL bottles worries me a tad. I’d be buying conditioner every 2-3 weeks :lol:

Ylva
April 28th, 2019, 05:44 PM
I generally use about 75-80 mL (1/3 C) for each application of conditioner. My husband and I have been talking about moving to his home country (in Europe) once he finishes his degree, so this talk of teeny tiny 200 mL bottles worries me a tad. I’d be buying conditioner every 2-3 weeks :lol:

You'll also probably be paying the same price or more for those 200 ml bottles than you now do for the big ones in the US. :) The joys of being European!

JennGalt
April 28th, 2019, 05:50 PM
Ugh, I know! I will do some experimenting and have diy replacements I know will work for me for, well, everything hair care before we go. If we go. I basically have diy backups for everything except shampoo now :) all made from stuff I should be able to find fairly easily in the city we’d likely move to. But my beloved SM products and KCKT would become a rare treat instead of staple products :sad:

Ylva
April 28th, 2019, 06:22 PM
Yup, you should definitely take a stash of Shea Moisture with you, and only purchase it when visiting the US or something like that.

Arciela
May 2nd, 2019, 03:13 PM
200ml seems to last me a long time..but I always switch between all my conditioners so I'd never be able to tell unless I stuck with one product Haha

My hair is BSL now so I will probably go through them faster.

Wusel
May 2nd, 2019, 11:22 PM
2 days. I just got through a bottle of conditioner in just 2 days. Europe. 250ml bottle.

Xlena
May 3rd, 2019, 12:16 AM
Umm... a month or two. I buy the TRESsemé XXL 900ml bottle and always have 2 in the shower xd I don't use much tho, just like... the size of a walnut shell aprox xd Btw I wash my hair almost everyday, and I remember I used to buy 200ml bottle in the past and for me it lasted maybe 2 weeks, but my brother when had long hair could use those ones... twice.

Corvana
May 3rd, 2019, 05:11 PM
My current bottle (30oz, 887ml) is shaping up to last about 6 months! I have so much more hair than I did even a year ago :laugh:

sumidha
May 3rd, 2019, 11:00 PM
Probably around 8 months? I use quite a bit of conditioner, but only wash once a week.

clandestine
May 4th, 2019, 08:54 AM
I have a ton of conditioners in rotation so it takes me a long time to use up bottles.

demonamay
March 31st, 2020, 07:27 PM
It takes about three months to use a bottle. I only wash once a week.

Beckstar
March 31st, 2020, 07:41 PM
1+ year or more.

Natalia_A00
March 31st, 2020, 07:56 PM
It depends on the bottle, usually a 2-3 months?

Ylva
April 1st, 2020, 12:00 AM
My second conditioner use is down to half of what it used to be. Just all of a sudden. I have no idea why. I used to use like two palmfuls, one per side, and now it's just one altogether. I seem to be using up a 360 ml bottle in just less than a month now.

AutobotsAttack
April 1st, 2020, 02:41 AM
If the tangles are bad? I’ll go through a 16oz in two washes. So...within a week I can get through a regular 16oz bottle. Usually I can get through two 32 oz pump bottles in the span of 3 weeks to a month. 8oz bottles don’t even get me through 1 wash.

LadyMikaelson
April 14th, 2020, 12:08 PM
About a month or so, but that's with me using the bare minimum. That's just enough to get the comb through it. I have to be honest with myself I need to start using more conditioner, it's just I always tried to use the shampoo and conditioner at the same pace.

RunOnCaffeine
April 14th, 2020, 02:34 PM
About 3 months for 400ml used every other day, assuming I'm not cowashing.

MusicalSpoons
April 14th, 2020, 02:52 PM
About a month or so, but that's with me using the bare minimum. That's just enough to get the comb through it. I have to be honest with myself I need to start using more conditioner, it's just I always tried to use the shampoo and conditioner at the same pace.

Yeah, that's not going to be at all possible with more length anyway ;)

blackgothicdoll
April 14th, 2020, 03:42 PM
5, maybe 10 minutes.

desisparkles
April 14th, 2020, 05:14 PM
:rollin: :rollin: :rollin:

SleepyTangles
April 15th, 2020, 10:26 AM
Difficult to say, as I like to switch from different conditioners... My guess is 4 months, but my hair Is currently at shoulders so It doesn't 'eat' so much product.

Jane99
April 15th, 2020, 06:30 PM
Probably about six weeks with a 16 oz bottle... so about 3 weeks for an 8 oz bottle... I wash daily. But lately actually I’ve been doing experiments and haven’t been using on a daily basis.

lithostoic
April 15th, 2020, 07:58 PM
One 16oz bottle every couple months. My boyfriend has collarbone length hair and we share products.

Servana
April 15th, 2020, 08:41 PM
Maybe 3-4 months? Hair is waist length, iii and I wash every other day.

Bri-Chan
April 16th, 2020, 02:26 AM
It will be funny to see difference in some months, now that I'm using a lot more conditioner and I do the WCC. I wash twice a week. I used to have two kind of conditioner per time (a lighter and a heavier. Often a mask and a conditioner) to switch, mask in 300 ml and conditioner in 200 ml. I used up about one mask and two conditioner in a year. I recently used up a mask I bought in June lol. So about 300 ml every four months.

With shampoo things change. A shampoo last me between 10 and 15 washes more or less, depending buy the kind of shampoo I'm using, but my shampoo bar will last years I think. Here I switch too. Shampoos usually comes in 250 ml bottles here. So I guess a single bottle could last me for about one month and half.

Gabrielina
April 16th, 2020, 04:34 AM
100 ml per wash (almost BSL) so that's one bottle (200 ml) every 2 weeks (one wash/week)