PDA

View Full Version : Is it still getting long?

M.McDonough
January 23rd, 2018, 06:05 AM
Hello everyone,

So I kinda have the feeling that my hair isn't getting any long. Or it could just be in my head cuz I think I have OCD:rolleyes:

I dug up some photos and decied to share them with you all because you know what they say.. you are your own worst critic..

https://s10.postimg.org/ieos7cwp5/IMAG2541.jpg

This was about 20 months ago. I think this where my hair started to lose volume and definition, kinda

https://s10.postimg.org/j47kjghqh/IMAG0674.jpg

15 months ago

https://s10.postimg.org/yr3fadxp5/20170619200024_IMG_0970.jpg

This was 7 months ago

https://s10.postimg.org/7ql188zi1/20180123001731_IMG_1632.jpg

Took this one yesterday

So let me know what your honest opinion is. And what about you? Have you experienced this? If you reached your goal, how long did that take. If you haven't, how long do you think that will take?

Cheers. :)

lapushka
January 23rd, 2018, 06:36 AM
In the yellow shirt you for sure have marked / a lot of growth.

M.McDonough
January 23rd, 2018, 06:39 AM
In the yellow shirt you for sure have marked / a lot of growth.

Got any comments regarding what I said at the end? :)

Beeboo123
January 23rd, 2018, 06:39 AM
Your hair was the longest in the yellow shirt, but it looks like the thickness travelled down in the white shirt. It’s really hard to tell when the photos aren’t the same size and aren’t lines up. Maybe wear a shirt with stripes for length shots?

lapushka
January 23rd, 2018, 07:53 AM
And what about you? Have you experienced this? If you reached your goal, how long did that take. If you haven't, how long do you think that will take?

I have experienced growth yes, and I can't discuss a blunt hemline that has started to fairytale, because I have layers cut into my hair and so an "unnatural" fairytaling going on.

How fast you will reach your goal lies totally with you. No one else can tell you how long it is going to take *you*. Measure to where you want to go, then multiply that number by 2, that is how many months it is going to take you. HTH. :flower:

browneyedsusan
January 23rd, 2018, 08:09 AM
You're making headway. :) I felt the same way too in the "mid-back abyss": some days it looks like you're growing hair, and some days, it look like you aren't! One day, you'll be drying, fixing, brushing your hair, and go "what's this?" "Oh my goodness!!! It's grown 3 inches!!!"

Good grief, I've thought I'd reached terminal A BUNCH of times! lol! (I've never had hair longer than my shoulders, so it's hard to know what will happen?)

I started maintaining my length around hip length, and the first trim was about a dozen hairs. I trimmed 1/2" monthly for 6 or 8 months, and the last trim was too many hairs to count. (A little less than the thickness of a pencil?) Now, I'm at TBL, and maintaining again. I might grow some more, though. Who knows?

When I compare length shots, it's really hard to tell that I've made any progress over the last year or so. In fact, some pictures from TWO years ago look about the same to me. Chalk it up to hair dysmorphia. You're growing hair. Slowly but surely, you're growing hair. :)

*Wednesday*
January 23rd, 2018, 01:57 PM
If you are handling your hair with care, not a lot of manipulation, heat etc., the trajectory is hair length gradually increasing. Your ending pick in the white shirt you took yesterday, it looks like you cut it since the yellow shirt picture which would be 7 months earlier.

I experienced growth when I committed to growing my hair in Oct. 2015. I went from MBL (Oct-2015) to Hip (Oct - 2017). 2015-2016 with 3 small trims. 2017, 2 no cut challenges, 1 dusting.

My next milestone is full hip. 2018 no trim. My goal is TBL. How long do I anticipate? I photo measure once yearly, every Oct. We’ll see.

M.McDonough
January 23rd, 2018, 02:39 PM
If you are handling your hair with care, not a lot of manipulation, heat etc., the trajectory is hair length gradually increasing. Your ending pick in the white shirt you took yesterday, it looks like you cut it since the yellow shirt picture which would be 7 months earlier.

I experienced growth when I committed to growing my hair in Oct. 2015. I went from MBL (Oct-2015) to Hip (Oct - 2017). 2015-2016 with 3 small trims. 2017, 2 no cut challenges, 1 dusting.

My next milestone is full hip. 2018 no trim. My goal is TBL. How long do I anticipate? I photo measure once yearly, every Oct. We’ll see.

Nuh uh actually I've never really cut my hair since Aug 2013 when I started growing it out. I usually take photos on the same day I wash my hair
So maybe cuz I slept on it, I don't know..

lapushka
January 23rd, 2018, 03:39 PM
Nuh uh actually I've never really cut my hair since Aug 2013 when I started growing it out. I usually take photos on the same day I wash my hair
So maybe cuz I slept on it, I don't know..

It would be easier to see if we had actual markers (like a hand on the hip, or the elbows / arms showing).

Sarahlabyrinth
January 23rd, 2018, 03:41 PM
You could measure it every few months to see.