PDA

View Full Version : Lazy Infinity Bun- video

arylkin
October 29th, 2008, 02:18 PM
So today I figured out a way to do an infinity bun that doesn't have little hairs sticking out everywhere (like when I do it the regular way- where you make a cinnamon bun and flip the first roll over).

It's super easy and kind of like a variation of a lazy bun.

I made a video (my first one!) HERE (http://s136.photobucket.com/albums/q161/Arylkin/?action=view&current=infinitybun.flv):

I hope that helps another person who's infinity bun challenged like I was. :D

You can also pull out the rolls a bit to make it look more loose (I probably would have if I were in front of a mirror).

Late edit by Anje: If that video doesn't work, try this link:
http://s136.photobucket.com/user/Arylkin/media/infinitybun.mp4.html

Hypnotica
October 29th, 2008, 02:51 PM
Now I regret that I washed my hair. I need to try that!

jeno
October 29th, 2008, 03:30 PM
WHY is my hair too short?!? I'll have to bookmark this excellent video for ten years or so until I reach your length. Very nice bun!

Fencai
October 29th, 2008, 03:34 PM
that's awesome!!! but like Jeno said... "WHY IS MY HAIR TOO SHORT!"

Tashomani
October 29th, 2008, 03:41 PM
That is sooooo neat! I love it and am going to try and see if just maybe.....my hair is long enough.....!!

Islandgrrl
October 29th, 2008, 03:42 PM
Very excellent tutorial. I got the mechanics down even if my hair is just a little too short yet to stay up this way. Three more inches! I need three more inches!!!

Teazel
October 29th, 2008, 03:49 PM
Coool! I just tried it, and it works! :D

Sammybunny711
October 29th, 2008, 03:59 PM
omg...SO JEALOUS!!! I can't wait until my hair is that long!!!!

mooglewoo
October 29th, 2008, 04:03 PM
Great video! Ima try that tonight^^

ALenee
October 29th, 2008, 04:55 PM
I COULD JUST KISS YOU!!!!!!!!!! :smooch: I tired your hair style with my super crappy, cheapo hair stick and IT WORKED LIKE A CHARM!!!!!!!! IM SOOO HAPPY! Finally I can wear an easy updo! :joy:

joyfulmom4
October 29th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Cool! I was struggling with getting a neat infinity bun, but I think I can actually do this method. THanks.

Mishka_84
October 29th, 2008, 05:11 PM
Oh, you are awesome! I could kiss you right now!!! :D

This is one that I struggle with, as my hair is just long enough to do. That was much easier!

Dolly
October 29th, 2008, 05:36 PM
Thank you!! I did it, and it came out messy, but I think with some practice, I can actually do this!!

RetroKitten
October 29th, 2008, 05:39 PM
The video was awesome - and I especially loved your smile at the end :thumbsup:!

Now I only need the hair length *joins the 10 year wait*

Anje
October 29th, 2008, 05:39 PM
Wow... that worked really well. I've even managed to get it centered, which I can never manage with an infinity done with the beebutt or Lady Godiva methods.

Hang in there folks... My hair was chopped to shoulder length in 2004, and had a few major trims before I started seriously growing. It probably won't take you 10 years.

arylkin
October 29th, 2008, 05:40 PM
Cool! I was struggling with getting a neat infinity bun, but I think I can actually do this method. THanks.

I'm so glad! I'm the same way- I love the way Infinity Buns look, but I always have bits sticking out when I do it the regular way. :)

florenonite
October 29th, 2008, 05:53 PM
Thanks! My hair's not nearly long enough for a regular infinity, but I got a pretty awesome half-up with it, which I never managed with a normal infinity without fuzzy bits.

HazelnutDelight
October 29th, 2008, 08:04 PM
That is awesome. I can't make the infinity bun look good it doesn't matter how many times I try. I love the lazy wrap and this bun is as easy and looks great. I finally have a new bun!

banglaminerva
October 29th, 2008, 09:10 PM
Thank you so much for sharing!! I can do this much better than the traditional way and it's SO much neater!

missmanytoes
October 29th, 2008, 11:23 PM
WOOO-HOOO! This works GREAT! Thanks for posting that - I used to love to wear the infinity bun, but mine was looking kinda lopsided because of my length. With this method I don't have a zillion coils (OK, really it is only like 3 or 4 coils) on one side and just the one on the other side. I can wear an infinity again *happy dance, happy dance, HAPPY DANCE* THANKS!

Gumball
October 30th, 2008, 12:13 AM
That's an awesome video tutorial arylkin! I'll have to give it a try one of these days. I can do the infinity bun just fine, but if that's another easy and quick way to go about it then I'm up for it! Super nifty. 8)

Koskaan
October 30th, 2008, 03:44 AM
Wow, that's so simple. And it works great! :thumbsup:

gallows_gallery
October 30th, 2008, 04:08 AM
That's fantastic! Thanks for posting. I'm going to try this for uni tomorrow.

Wavelength
October 30th, 2008, 11:15 AM
Ooooh, this looks great! *runs off to try it*

MissMaryMac
October 30th, 2008, 11:27 AM
That was great, I can't wait to try it. I don't have any sticks like that though. Thank you!

Lady Godiva
October 30th, 2008, 11:44 AM
What a smooth process. My compliments! The end result is lovely, like a real infinity symbol. :grin:

Actually, this version is very similar to how I make mine - make infinity symbol first (so much prettier!) - except for two things. My hair's too long to manipulate easily out and around my head, twisting in smooth movements up and down. It's also thicker at the nape, so I have to control twisting more to keep the strands smooth and make coils small enough, but still bendy enough. My coils are pretty stiff. :? And then there's so much dang wrappy-wrapping around. The symbol can get lost.

Dang. :laugh:

I really like yours. :cool:

KatKeRo
October 30th, 2008, 11:50 AM
I tryed it and I'm happy with it.
Now I have to test it to see if this infiny is more secure than the other one who tends to slide down after a short time.

rileysmama32208
October 30th, 2008, 11:51 AM
that is AWESOME! thanks s much for sharing!

JessTheMess
October 30th, 2008, 01:18 PM
My hair is about 3 inches short of it holding snugly:mad: I have it up in a verrrrry loose replication. If I turn my head to quickly it will surely come undone. Thank you for an easy to follow video. I'm going to save this for when my hair gets a little longer :)

AngelInDisguise
October 30th, 2008, 01:49 PM
Oh why is my hair so short? This seems like an updo I also may manage to hold...

Well, just another bookmark for "better times". *sigh*

spidermom
October 30th, 2008, 02:03 PM
Hooray; good video! Very easy to follow.

Anje
October 30th, 2008, 02:09 PM
I'm wearing it today!

Actually, I have a variation, too (unintentional at first) that has a second diagonal cross-over. If I can figure out how to make a video, I'll post it, or at least a picture.

renarok
October 30th, 2008, 08:27 PM
I need about 2 more inches to do this one well. I measured 30.5 inches.....but it wont work. I tried it as a half up and it worked great..... my hair is too puffy. Dag-nabit.... I really like how this looks. How did you figure this one out? So so clever.

jojo
October 30th, 2008, 08:28 PM
I can do the infi :rolleyes:bit but will have to wait a couple more years to do the nity ;)bit! bookmarked, thanks for sharing x

Silver & Gold
October 30th, 2008, 09:19 PM
Well done! I can't even imagine how long it will be before I can attempt this. Someday . . .

lolabee
October 30th, 2008, 11:14 PM
i loooooooooooooooove youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
thank you for posting this! it works soo well and soooo easy!!!!!!!!!
tomorrows updo it is!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxc

sahiba
October 31st, 2008, 12:03 AM
Excellent video.:thumbsup:

SweetPea88
October 31st, 2008, 12:17 AM
Oooh great video! I'm off to go try this, my hair is a tad longer than waist (31 inches?) so it should work!! :D

ETA: Poo, I might need some more length...or I did it wrong?

Deborah
October 31st, 2008, 12:18 AM
I think there is something wrong with me. I simply cannot do this.

When the OP twists her hair, she does it in the opposite direction from the way I twist mine. When I twist my way, the looping is all wrong. When I try to twist her way, I am all thumbs. I end up with hair all over, and feeling pretty much like an idiot. It's a bit embarrassing that everyone else finds this easy.

Well, I'm not asking for help I guess. I'm just venting. :brickwall Okay, I am finished whining now.

ljkforu
October 31st, 2008, 12:35 AM
So today I figured out a way to do an infinity bun that doesn't have little hairs sticking out everywhere (like when I do it the regular way- where you make a cinnamon bun and flip the first roll over).

It's super easy and kind of like a variation of a lazy bun.

I made a video (my first one!) HERE (http://s136.photobucket.com/albums/q161/Arylkin/?action=view&current=infinitybun.flv):

I hope that helps another person who's infinity bun challenged like I was. :D

You can also pull out the rolls a bit to make it look more loose (I probably would have if I were in front of a mirror).
Ah ha! We have the same length. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.

Amoretti
October 31st, 2008, 02:12 AM
That was a great idea!
I think my hair might be too long for this though. I'll have to practice some more.

Teazel
October 31st, 2008, 03:40 AM

When the OP twists her hair, she does it in the opposite direction from the way I twist mine. When I twist my way, the looping is all wrong. When I try to twist her way, I am all thumbs. I end up with hair all over, and feeling pretty much like an idiot. It's a bit embarrassing that everyone else finds this easy.

Well, I'm not asking for help I guess. I'm just venting. :brickwall Okay, I am finished whining now.

Don't be embarrassed Deborah: I found it difficult as well, because I twist my hair clockwise too. It took a few tries until I was able to get my head and fingers around arylkin's way! :)

Kaeri
October 31st, 2008, 04:24 AM
That looks pretty cool. I always seem to manage an infinity bun thats second loop almost gets lost (and my boyfriend says if never looks like an infinity symbol) I'll have to go try this to see if its any better for me :)

Cheers for posting a vid I can actually watch from work too :P
(mental note - work blocks youtube.. It doesnt block photobucket yay)

winter_star
October 31st, 2008, 04:25 AM
Thank you!! Very easy and it's not giving me a headache!

arylkin
October 31st, 2008, 08:08 AM

It would probably work if you did everything backwards then (are you left handed?) since you twist your hair clockwise instead of counter clockwise. Try winding it around your right hand (would that work?)instead of your left.

Molster
October 31st, 2008, 08:23 AM
Yay - brilliant! It's just the way I have been doing Figure-8's, coz I couldn't work out the 'conventional' coil-flipping method.

I haven't really tried it in earnest for a Infinity bun, but you have inspired me. Thanks!

Peggy E.
October 31st, 2008, 08:28 AM
I can't do this bun to save my soul and I LOVE it!

Okay. So you wind up your hair, then wrapped it figure 8 style around thumb and index fingers - do you keep wrapping them, or just the one time and the remainder is wound underneath?

I ask because it didn't look like you kept winding around your fingers, but there was too much hair for it to go around the fingers that one time.

Thanks for posting the video and your hair is super!

arylkin
October 31st, 2008, 09:07 AM
I can't do this bun to save my soul and I LOVE it!

Okay. So you wind up your hair, then wrapped it figure 8 style around thumb and index fingers - do you keep wrapping them, or just the one time and the remainder is wound underneath?

I ask because it didn't look like you kept winding around your fingers, but there was too much hair for it to go around the fingers that one time.

Thanks for posting the video and your hair is super!

Thanks! After winding the two sides of the infinity bun, just wind the rest of your length around underneath (like how you do with a lazy bun). It would probably look cool wound round your fingers more than once, I just don't have enough hair for that... :D

KatKeRo
October 31st, 2008, 09:28 AM
I did this bun today and the bun stays better, it doesn't move at all. Not like the classical one who always slides down.

Bene
October 31st, 2008, 09:49 AM
bookmarked for 10 inches from now

Anje
October 31st, 2008, 10:29 AM

Another option, if you're right-handed but you twist the other way is to loop the hair over the thumb first, then the index finger. (I can't try it right now -- braids in and I'm all thumbs twisting that direction, but it seems like it should work.)

eadwine
March 29th, 2009, 03:48 PM
Yay I can kick this one up since I finally have enough length to do this bun.

I am getting serious thick hair issues when I see these pictures.. and truth is.. I can't compress the hair too much really, so it COULD be thicker than it was. June will sort that one out when I measure again.. but for now:

http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/1111/infin1.th.jpg (http://img238.imageshack.us/my.php?image=infin1.jpg) http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/4633/infin2.th.jpg (http://img238.imageshack.us/my.php?image=infin2.jpg) http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/7064/infin3.th.jpg (http://img238.imageshack.us/my.php?image=infin3.jpg)

Teazel
March 29th, 2009, 04:03 PM
Very nice, eadwine! :applause

Coincidentally, I'd just decided to wear this style tomorrow. :)

JamieLeigh
March 29th, 2009, 04:10 PM
Awesome video, thanks for sharing! :D I also tried a Figure-8 the same way you did the infinity, and it seems to actually stay up better for me than the traditional way of doing it. I love a good shortcut! :cheese:

eadwine
March 29th, 2009, 04:22 PM
Same here.. better than the tranditional. And I like things being easy hehe.

And Kermit is freaky in your siggie by the way hahah!!

eresh
March 29th, 2009, 04:37 PM
Looks great Eadwine!! Big & Beautiful :D

eadwine
March 29th, 2009, 04:39 PM
Thanks Eresh!!

So big that when I do it with a flexi my large is too small!
And my large maximas is suffering as well.

Ok wow.. yeah. :lol:

sherigayle
March 30th, 2009, 10:06 AM
I love that. I just need a little more length so it stays put. Thanks!

Bean13
March 30th, 2009, 10:44 AM
I tried it with wet hair and a pencil, but did not work. Guess my hair is too short. Will try again in a month.
Love your video.

Elyce
July 19th, 2009, 10:22 AM
Pulling this one up to say, wow, Arylkin, great video! This style really worked for me, and I'm usually totally updo-challenged. Thank you for sharing.

Smokie
July 19th, 2009, 10:32 AM
Hah! I can actually do this one! Updos like this make me glad to have fine/thin hair. Thanks for the video!

neon-dream
July 19th, 2009, 10:39 AM
Wow that's really good! I'd never have thought of doing it that way :D!

danacc
July 19th, 2009, 11:48 AM
I'm glad you pulled this one up, Elyce.

Arylkin, you're my hero! I've always loved this style, but I could never get it to work when starting with a bun. It was always too loose, and didn't hold well. This method gives great hold in my hair.

This needs to go in the Article section.

cowgirltresses
July 20th, 2009, 07:51 AM
Thanks so much for posting this!! I finally have a new bun style that I can wear! Your video was great and I love you smile!

blondekate
July 26th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Very pretty bun--I need some more length before I can wear it, but it's something to look forward to!
:)

Reptilia
July 26th, 2009, 04:56 PM
I can't wait for my hair to long enough to do this!

Nyghtingale
July 26th, 2009, 06:23 PM
it's very pretty, mine is a little too long, but I just wrapped it around the outside.

Leneveu
December 9th, 2009, 01:04 PM
Oh, wow! I can do this! :)

RoseRedDead
December 9th, 2009, 03:07 PM
This is WAY better and more balanced than the original Infinity bun, if you ask me.

Thanks so much! You could make this vertical and turn it into a lazy Figure-8!

Carolyn
December 9th, 2009, 05:04 PM
How did I miss this thread? I see it's been resurrected about 3 times since it was started. I'm glad it was brought back again. I need to practice but i can do this one. I have a hard time with the left hand placement. I'll eventually get it.

jasper
December 18th, 2009, 06:01 AM
Grrrr! I can't do it!
I've watched and followed along with the video a dozen times.
But I refuse to be defeated!
I'm going to keep trying.

ETA: aha! I was twisting the opposite direction at the very first. Twisted my hair the other way this time and I got it. :)

lucys
December 18th, 2009, 06:13 AM
WHY is my hair too short?!? I'll have to bookmark this excellent video for ten years or so until I reach your length. Very nice bun!

Seconded! (or thirded or maybe even fifteethed by now...)

morguebabe
December 18th, 2009, 06:38 AM
Nice...I like it. Ar eyou also putting two sticks in at once.

Gvnagitlvgei
December 18th, 2009, 07:35 AM
I had purple hair once upon a time but it was short cropped in the back, asymetrical, one shaved side and long spikes on the top...it was way kewl....oops...I just gave up my age. But her hair is super gorgeous, purple or not...just beautiful.

Wicked Princess
December 20th, 2009, 03:58 AM
*jaw drops* OMG! This works really well!

Thank you so much for posting this! I've been having trouble getting my infinity buns to look like the actual infinity symbol, instead of...squiggly worm thing.

Now I finally know!

:flower:

Edit: Eek! I just noticed that this thread was from over a year ago, from before I joined. No wonder I haven't noticed it, hehe. Still, my belated thanks!

HildeMV
December 20th, 2009, 05:19 AM
Yay, it worked on me.

I have to practice not to make it off center like I do with the lazy bun though.

Crysta
December 20th, 2009, 05:50 AM
Nice one, I'd do that right now if i didn't have dreads in :P

Neoma
December 20th, 2009, 09:38 AM
That was a great idea!
I think my hair might be too long for this though. I'll have to practice some more.Amoretti, what if you did the figure-8 wrap two times (or three?) instead of just once before you wrap the remaining length around the base? Then you could insert the hairstick in the resulting two loops exactly the same way as the video and, presumably, come out with the same look, only fatter?

little_acorn
December 20th, 2009, 10:51 AM
Looks great :D - now where were those extra inches........

Neoma
December 20th, 2009, 01:13 PM
This is a fabulous, easy style and the instructions are very clear. Thank you so much for posting this.

I'm wearing this infinity bun now.

Not to state the obvious, but one could easily turn it into a figure-8 bun, no?

InTheCity
December 20th, 2009, 04:21 PM
How easy you made that look!
A few more inches and I'll certainly try it.

PS - beautiful hair! (And your smiley face made the whole video quite cute.)

kaiakai
January 3rd, 2012, 06:22 AM
I'd love to see this video, but....

This is a Private Album

Please enter the password from album Arylkin to view this private album.

:(

oniboni
January 3rd, 2012, 08:51 AM
oh too bad.. same here

can someone describe the steps to make the bun??

the normal infinity-bun wont hold on my hair at all, so i'm really interested :D

arylkin
January 3rd, 2012, 09:02 AM
Weird- I didn't have the album set to password protected, just private. I changed it to public, so you should be able to see it. :D

Long_hair_bear
January 3rd, 2012, 09:11 AM
Won't let me see it either. :(

Kes
January 3rd, 2012, 09:14 AM
Love it, thank you. My hair is just long enough, problems with my shoulder but this is so quick to do and feels secure with outs roots screaming for mercy after an hour.

Fairlight63
January 3rd, 2012, 09:35 AM
I just went to the first posting on page 1 & clicked on the link. I could get in this time but it said that the video did not exist. ???
Is there another link to click on to see the video??

Thanks!

bunzfan
January 3rd, 2012, 09:48 AM
I managed to see it, when you get on the page and it says image doesn't exist click on media and from there you can look at the video's .

kaiakai
January 3rd, 2012, 10:30 AM
Thanks!! :)

Kindredraeven
January 3rd, 2012, 10:48 AM
Awesome!!!! Thanks, I will be trying that one! :)

Sissilonghair
January 3rd, 2012, 11:00 AM
How nice! I am definately going to try that on my hair....I love hair videos:)

PrairieRose
January 3rd, 2012, 11:32 AM
Thanks for the video! My hair may be long enough to try it, can't wait:)

WaitingSoLong
January 3rd, 2012, 01:49 PM
So that is the way I have always done it (since I joined). Someone else on YouTube has the same bun method. I could never do the coil method. I never understood why you would do it that way anyway, it puts too much bulk on one side.

Anyway, this particular method stopped working for me recently. Infinity is my go-to bun. It is the easiest way to get a decent look. I can't do lazy-wraps anymore for some reason, all the bulk wants to sag out the bottom and it looks TERRIBLE.

So, the other day I invented yet another way to do the infinity. It just alters part of it slightly. Yougo around the thumb first then up behind and over, THEN around thefinger, then wrap, wrap, wrap, secure with stick.

Also, Spidermom's bun-that-stays is another way todo an infinity type bun. Consequently, I have dicovered about 2 other ways to accomplish her bun, too, since I could never master separating the loops onher method.

One day I will make videos, write LHC articles. I mean, who has time?

SoulOfTheSea
January 3rd, 2012, 02:02 PM
The video doesn't work for me sadly. :/

WaitingSoLong
January 3rd, 2012, 06:51 PM
Soul, it didn't work for me either but ifyou click "videos" on the page that gives you the error, it let's you choose it.

SoulOfTheSea
January 3rd, 2012, 07:08 PM
Soul, it didn't work for me either but ifyou click "videos" on the page that gives you the error, it let's you choose it.

Why thank you. :)

sycamoreboutiqu
January 5th, 2012, 08:59 PM
Same here - got the "media does not exist" error then that horrible pop up (even though I block pop ups) that when you click close takes you to their page then won't close. I think maybe you should switch media storage providers - I had no choice but to exit the page to get away from it.

Darn, wanted to see the video.

Anje
April 15th, 2014, 01:59 PM
I just managed to get the video to work again, though it only did it in Chrome, not Firefox for me... (This could totally be because I've got plugins screwed up in Firefox right now!) But because it came up in a discussion with a friend, I'm bumping this ancient thread.

http://s136.photobucket.com/user/Arylkin/media/infinitybun.mp4.html

Toffeemonster
April 15th, 2014, 02:05 PM
Thanks anje, think this will work better for me.

Long_hair_bear
April 15th, 2014, 02:38 PM
brilliant!

Peggy E.
April 17th, 2014, 10:57 AM
thanks, anje. hadn't seen this and it works really well for me!

patienceneeded
April 17th, 2014, 12:42 PM
Why have I not seen this video before?!? This actually works with my @%&^%$ thick hair! Plus it feels like the weight is distributed nicely.

I still can't do a regular infinity or figure8 yet. I can almost do them...

Sarahlabyrinth
April 17th, 2014, 03:29 PM
Gosh why haven't I seen this thread before! I can do an infinity bun now, I could never figure it out doing it the other way. Plus I have enough length now too, which helps. That is such a good video!

Squiggy
April 18th, 2014, 06:43 AM
Woohoo! I can do this bun! I tried it a few months go, when WaitingSoLong posted a tutorial (I think it was her, anyway), but I didn't have enough length. Forgot all about it until now, and I finally have enough length! I finally have another bun to put into rotation!

followingup
April 18th, 2014, 07:39 AM
oh thank you :) my hair is very similair to yours, and i'll have to try this bun as soon as my hair is dry :)

Nightshade
April 18th, 2014, 07:41 AM
Attempt 1: Nope

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-qLd2WgnpGC0/U1Eq7B0k0NI/AAAAAAAAG8s/CIBLVXtWa9Q/s720/Infinity-Fail-1.jpg

Attempt 2: Nope, but at least it looks like *something* just not an infinity

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-4iYt4-epJR4/U1Eq7KUbjNI/AAAAAAAAG8o/d7cAWLWZ_1Y/s640/Infinity-Fail-2s.jpg

:wail: Why is this hard?

Komao
April 18th, 2014, 08:04 AM
Thanks for great video! :)

tuanyiji
November 17th, 2022, 09:16 AM
Sadly, the links no longer work, can anyone point at me to the exact method for this? Has anyone else done a video or text tutorial about it?

AmaryllisRed
November 17th, 2022, 10:01 AM
Sadly, the links no longer work, can anyone point at me to the exact method for this? Has anyone else done a video or text tutorial about it?

I had never heard of the lazy infinity, but my research (https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=136947&page=2&p=3192216&viewfull=1#post3192216) suggests it was shortened to the L-infinity.

bparnell75
November 17th, 2022, 10:25 AM

I think this is it. There was one by "Waiting so Long" of the LHC but I can no longer find it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eWgtPF9a7c&t=14s

tuanyiji
November 17th, 2022, 05:36 PM
I had never heard of the lazy infinity, but my research (https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=136947&page=2&p=3192216&viewfull=1#post3192216) suggests it was shortened to the L-infinity.

I think this is it. There was one by "Waiting so Long" of the LHC but I can no longer find it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eWgtPF9a7c&t=14sThank you both, now I have a better idea. I’ve tried Neko and Sarah’s L-infinity versions, Trapper’s finger placement is indeed different. I also found Hypno’s infinity version that’s a bit similar - great for the left-handed.
It’s frustrating to go to a thread and see many of the video links don’t work anymore, that’s why I insist on describing every step in my ABC Hairstyle Challenge, because even though text tutorials might be harder to understand, they are also most likely to survive in this forum. The texts will become my sort of legacy even if I am no longer active in the community.
Let me gather the workable links here for future reference in case someone else is also looking for them.

All the following links work currently as of November 18th, 2022.
Hypno: https://youtu.be/EgsQEUvWnT0
Nekokawaii: https://youtu.be/7mlyaRdVq40
Sarahlabyrinth: https://youtu.be/evS6fNxrmcU
Sarahlabyrinth: https://youtu.be/MuUKaF3BuRw (vertical)
TrapperCreekD: https://youtu.be/-eWgtPF9a7c
Habioku: https://youtu.be/qCvC_MU0To8 (Spidermom and Infinity)

AmaryllisRed
November 17th, 2022, 06:28 PM
tuanyiji, I think it's awesome all the work you're putting into those style posts. I don't do different styles much anymore, but I did for a while and I remember being frustrated when some styles didn't have much information. It will be excellent to have photos and text tutorials for future LHC-ers to refer to!

KokotheHen
November 17th, 2022, 07:25 PM
I second what Amaryllis said about the work that you are putting in Tuanyiji! It’s going to be a great resource for LHC-ers for many years to come.

tuanyiji
November 18th, 2022, 12:11 AM
tuanyiji, I think it's awesome all the work you're putting into those style posts. I don't do different styles much anymore, but I did for a while and I remember being frustrated when some styles didn't have much information. It will be excellent to have photos and text tutorials for future LHC-ers to refer to!

I second what Amaryllis said about the work that you are putting in Tuanyiji! It’s going to be a great resource for LHC-ers for many years to come.

Aww, that's very sweet of you two.
I am thinking about making a Pictionary of hairstyle, like a printable handbook in the future, LOL or a Rolodex, that I can just spin and pick a random style on a given day. How fun it would be.

SandyBottom
November 19th, 2022, 08:32 PM
tuanyiji, thanks for the above links! I checked them out and had fun playing with my hair today:)