PDA

View Full Version : SD & co washing

shaluwm_agape
January 17th, 2018, 11:47 PM
So I am no stranger to trying new things and I am quite curious. Does Anyone with SD cowash and what are you experiences?

I was told I had SD back in 2012. And had no clue what to do. All anti dandruff shampoos weren't working and I hated cortisone. So I went no poo up until the April 2017. I did like it how ever it didn't really help the condition of my scalp. I always had oily hair and scalp but since having SD I realized my scalp is super dry & my hair suffers from being super oily. no poo has definitely helped me train my hair. And I did find a dandruff shampoo & conditioner that works but am wanting to take my hair a step further. Should I try cowashing with my conditioner or just stick to my routine?

lapushka
January 18th, 2018, 07:45 AM
So I am no stranger to trying new things and I am quite curious. Does Anyone with SD cowash and what are you experiences?

I was told I had SD back in 2012. And had no clue what to do. All anti dandruff shampoos weren't working and I hated cortisone. So I went no poo up until the April 2017. I did like it how ever it didn't really help the condition of my scalp. I always had oily hair and scalp but since having SD I realized my scalp is super dry & my hair suffers from being super oily. no poo has definitely helped me train my hair. And I did find a dandruff shampoo & conditioner that works but am wanting to take my hair a step further. Should I try cowashing with my conditioner or just stick to my routine?

I have SD and can't CO-wash for the life of me. I need to keep my scalp squeaky clean, and that means sulfate shampoos. Even sulfate-free gave me flare-ups - to me, it's not worth it. I need to have a clear scalp. It is better to have a clear scalp because you need that health for growing hair properly. If you neglect this, it might lead to shedding more.

For me Nizoral 2% works really well (and anything else doesn't). It is prescription in the US, though, so you might want to check with a dermatologist.

:flower:

Also, if you have SD, the flakes aren't sign of "dryness". It's a sign of oil and the fungus overgrowing the scalp, and so: not keeping the scalp clean enough. But you first need medicated shampoo to get rid of it, before you can resort to a regimen of keeping it squeaky.

Obsidian
January 18th, 2018, 08:34 AM
I have SD and tried CO once, after 4 or 5 washings my scalp was so flared that it was bloody. I'm with Lapushka, I need to keep my scalp clean and that means a good sulfate. I can use sulfate free at times and am currently using solid shampoo bars made with mild detergents and its working great.

Arctic
January 18th, 2018, 11:27 AM
I tried CO as a new member and it messed up my scalp badly, and I even felt like it sensitized me to conditioners (on my scalp) on a long term.

shaluwm_agape
January 18th, 2018, 01:21 PM
I have SD and can't CO-wash for the life of me. I need to keep my scalp squeaky clean, and that means sulfate shampoos. Even sulfate-free gave me flare-ups - to me, it's not worth it. I need to have a clear scalp. It is better to have a clear scalp because you need that health for growing hair properly. If you neglect this, it might lead to shedding more.

For me Nizoral 2% works really well (and anything else doesn't). It is prescription in the US, though, so you might want to check with a dermatologist.

Also, if you have SD, the flakes aren't sign of "dryness". It's a sign of oil and the fungus overgrowing the scalp, and so: not keeping the scalp clean enough. But you first need medicated shampoo to get rid of it, before you can resort to a regimen of keeping it squeaky.

I have SD and tried CO once, after 4 or 5 washings my scalp was so flared that it was bloody. I'm with Lapushka, I need to keep my scalp clean and that means a good sulfate. I can use sulfate free at times and am currently using solid shampoo bars made with mild detergents and its working great.

Thanks ladies i will just stick to my CWWC

shaluwm_agape
January 18th, 2018, 01:22 PM

I tried CO as a new member and it messed up my scalp badly, and I even felt like it sensitized me to conditioners (on my scalp) on a long term.

Oh wow ok thanks for the advice💖