PDA

View Full Version : Used monat for 3 months...

longmanedreamer
January 16th, 2018, 07:00 PM
So I always have a problem finding products that are actually good for my hair so I heard about monat and figured I would give it a try. Right now I regret using it. I feel like it has wrecked my hair. It just feels gross and nasty and so tangly. I am told this is due to the “detox” which your hair goes through from prior use of parabens and silicon’s which I always try my hardest to avoid so I don’t see why my “detox” has lasted 3 months so far. Has anyone else had experiences with this product? What are your thoughts?

Kristamommyx3
January 16th, 2018, 07:16 PM
I wonder if maybe a good vinegar rinse would help. It sounds like your hair is still out of balance. Balance is such a finicky thing and can take a bit of back and forth to find your happy place.

divinedobbie
January 16th, 2018, 07:31 PM
Did you clarify before using it? I don't know the exact science behind it but 3 months seems very unreasonable if it's just trying to "detox" your hair of silicones? Wouldn't a clarifying shampoo just do that and then the Monat go on a clean slate?

lapushka
January 17th, 2018, 03:51 AM
Yeah that "detox" period sounds like it is just a clarifying shampoo, in which case, no it shouldn't be taking 3 months at all. One wash, maybe two, is all you need.

If after 3 months, it's not working for you, I'd move on, if you can still get rid of Monat once you start it (because I heard they can be pushy with their "deliveries" and that it's not easy to get out of).

longmanedreamer
January 17th, 2018, 09:03 PM
Yeah I think I’m just going to move on. 3 months is way to long for this to happen. Especially since I clarify my hair every week to other week. There’s not much to detox from my hair lol

shaluwm_agape
January 18th, 2018, 01:12 AM
Any type of detox should only last a month MAYBEEEE 1.5 months but 3 no. move on

lapushka
January 18th, 2018, 07:42 AM
Any type of detox should only last a month MAYBEEEE 1.5 months but 3 no. move on

I've:

1/ never heard of "detox" - smart marketing "trick".
2/ never heard of something like that (say it's clarifying) lasting more than a few washes.