PDA

View Full Version : The Innate Life products

longmanedreamer
January 16th, 2018, 06:46 PM
So I am really trying to figure out what’s best to use on my hair to help promote growth and keep it nice and healthy while growing. Thoughts on Innate life and what products of theirs do you love?

longmanedreamer
February 16th, 2018, 07:26 PM
Bumping!!!

Ophidian
February 16th, 2018, 08:59 PM
I hadn't heard of them before so can't offer any experiences, but the ingredients look good if you are interested in herbal hair care and mild cleansers work for your scalp. It might be worth checking in the conventional products section to see if there's a thread, but it's a new one to me. If you feel like experimenting, I'd say go for it and let us know what you think :).

amiraaah
February 17th, 2018, 06:41 AM
i haven't tried them myself,but i remember holistic habits(a channel on youtube)that girl's hair is really long and super healthy.she said innate life products are amazing and she used them in her hair care routine video so here's the link of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8qZ55hdoUA&t=78s

Gwyned
May 12th, 2018, 12:06 PM
Have you tried them yet? I plan on purchasing the complete hair care bundle towards the end of the month. I've watched a lot of reviews on YouTube and decided that I want to try them. I love herbs and oils and already include them in my hair care regimen, so these aren't really a massive leap for me. I do wonder how long the products last. I am a little heavy-handed when it comes to apply products--especially oils which is a habit I need to be mindful about. I'm interested in trying them because I like the combination of essential oils. I think that The Innate Life has a special going on for 15% off. I saw a coupon code on a few people's Instagrams. And of course now that I'm searching for them, I can't find them. :violin:

Trip
May 12th, 2018, 03:59 PM
They’re overpriced for what they are but good quality.

dagny
December 22nd, 2018, 02:08 PM
I purchased their hair care bundle (scalp treatment, hair mask, rose hair elixir). I have only used the rose hair elixir thus far and it is really nice. I don't like the scent of roses (and this smells like roses..) but I was surprised that it made my hair very silky and soft and shiny! After washing I towel dried my hair, flipped my hair to one side and then applied 2 drops of the elixir down the length from ears to tips. Then I flipped my hair over the other way and applied 2 more drops the same way. Then let my hair dry partially, and put it up in a sock bun. After it dried completely, I couldn't get over how lovely my hair looked.

Then I applied it the same way before bed (after first misting my hair ) and braided it. Today my hair is still soft and shiny and smells of roses.

Compared to my other hair oil blend, I actually liked this one better --- but just wish it didn't smell like roses! :p

blackgothicdoll
December 22nd, 2018, 02:16 PM
The only thing I've tried in their oil, it is the most high quality oil I've tried. The only oil blends that come close are Nightblooming's. It smells so good and it really seems to sink into my hair.

Haven't bothered with the scalp treatments, they're way too thick (judging by the ingredients) to even consider putting on my scalp. The conditioner seems like I'd only get one use out of it, and my hair hates organic shampoos.

SimplySmile
March 26th, 2019, 07:46 AM
I just bought their scalp treatment and the rose hair oil. I learned about it from Holistic habits on youtube. I love the smell. It smells like you are in a fancy salon but in reality you are just at home. They also make my hair feel so soft and conditioned. I highly recommend!

Mariekeeee14
February 19th, 2020, 10:24 AM
I just received my bottle of rose elixir and I’ve only used it once so far so my review will come shortly. Love the smell though!

ruthieannie98
April 7th, 2020, 01:47 PM
Has anyone tried the Innate Life? So far it’s been the only brand of hair care that doesn’t dry my scalp and give my skin a rash. I’ve been using it for the last 4-6 weeks or so. If I had to choose my favorite product out of their entire line, so far I would have to choose the rose hair elixir. It leaves my hair so soft and shiny! I would love to hear your experience with the Innate Life! Did/do you love it or not like it? Why?

Ylva
April 7th, 2020, 02:11 PM
I've heard so many good things about the rose hair elixir. I'm gonna have to give it a try at some point.

curly girl fla
April 7th, 2020, 03:55 PM
I never tried them (want to, though), but there's a small thread discussing the line here (https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=145192&highlight=innate).

PurpleKitty11
April 20th, 2020, 10:02 AM
I’m honestly not a big fan of their scalp treatments, I find they are overpriced for the results. Seems like DIY scalp treatments are much more effective. But I do like the rose hair elixir. It makes my hair extra soft and hydrated.

chestnutlocks
April 20th, 2020, 12:14 PM
I have tried the shampoo, conditioner, scalp treatment, and rose hair elixir. The shampoo and conditioner were nice but unless they had a sale, I don't think I would purchase them again. I didn't like the scalp treatment at all. I made my scalp itch. I did love the rose hair elixir and have repurchased it.

blackgothicdoll
April 20th, 2020, 07:54 PM
Rose hair elixir is my fav, coming from an oil snob and junkie. Have not tried anything else.

queencarrion
April 21st, 2020, 05:54 AM
I have tried the shampoo and conditioner for fine hair, the rose hair elixir, the neroli hair primer spray, and the leave in conditioner spray. While I do love their stuff and it makes my hair really soft and hydrated and shiny, I find that it doesn't provide enough slip for my hair. For reference I have classic length fine wavy hair that I've been hennaing for about 5 years. I would get a lot of tangles using only innate life products and also experienced more split ends even though I wear protective styles and sleep in a satin cap. I still use the products occasionally, especially the sprays and rose hair elixir (effective and smells AMAZING) but to be honest I get more manageable hair using loreal ever pure - nourishing.

Fimu
July 29th, 2020, 06:08 AM
I just received my bottle of rose elixir and I’ve only used it once so far so my review will come shortly. Love the smell though!

Where have you ordered it? I couldn't find a webshop in our country that sells them when I did a quick google search.

Also bumping this thread because I want to hear more thoughts, especially on the detangling performance of the conditioners.

Snowbelles
September 13th, 2020, 12:15 PM
I apologize if I have missed a thread with this, searched 6 pages back but didn’t see anything. I just ordered the rose oil and the hair mask. Several long hair YouTubers have recommended the products and the founder has beautiful long hair. I love the ingredients on these products!
Anyone used their products before?

Mariekeeee14
September 13th, 2020, 12:27 PM
Where have you ordered it? I couldn't find a webshop in our country that sells them when I did a quick google search.

Also bumping this thread because I want to hear more thoughts, especially on the detangling performance of the conditioners.

I’m only now seeing this xD I ordered at so natural beauty

Mariekeeee14
September 13th, 2020, 12:29 PM
Here ya go, a thread! :) (https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=145192)

Lesley8
March 6th, 2021, 08:55 AM
Hi ive been looking for a while to buy innate life in the UK and have finally found some.
Has anyone used this product? And what do you think of it?
Thanks

Ylva
March 6th, 2021, 10:11 AM
I did an Innate Life merge!

If you find more threads related to this brand, please let me know, and I'll combine them, too, with this one.

Lesley8
March 6th, 2021, 01:07 PM
I did an Innate Life merge!

If you find more threads related to this brand, please let me know, and I'll combine them, too, with this one.

Thank you!:)

Rapunzelwannabe
October 11th, 2021, 11:05 AM
Shampoo= great. Conditioner= solid. hair primer= a revelation. Leave in conditioner= solid. Scalp treatment= great. Elixir oil= bomb. Hair mask= will not come out on the first try short of washing it with dawn dish soap. Takes at least 3 washes over the course of 2 days, and I'm fairly confident I'm no better off than when I started. I get so frustrated because it feels great in shower and I think 'finally, I've got the hang of this!' then just stays wet, coated and thick feeling.

Mariekeeee14
October 11th, 2021, 11:11 AM
Shampoo= great. Conditioner= solid. hair primer= a revelation. Leave in conditioner= solid. Scalp treatment= great. Elixir oil= bomb. Hair mask= will not come out on the first try short of washing it with dawn dish soap. Takes at least 3 washes over the course of 2 days, and I'm fairly confident I'm no better off than when I started. I get so frustrated because it feels great in shower and I think 'finally, I've got the hang of this!' then just stays wet, coated and thick feeling.

Can you tell me why the primer is a revelation? It sounds so redundant.

Rapunzelwannabe
October 11th, 2021, 11:26 AM
Can you tell me why the primer is a revelation? It sounds so redundant.

I have absolutely terrible water. It's not hard in the sense of a high content of calcium or magnesium, rather in the total dissolved solids that corrodes pipes & messes with the ph even after using a softener and two showerhead filters that I replace twice as often as recommended. The primer being mostly ACV 'fixes' a lot of the built up feeling I get that I used to only get washing with a chelating shampoo in bottled water. If you have nicer water you might not notice a difference but it's turned me on to the importance of ph balance and made a big difference in my 2nd & 3rd day hair. I can go 4 days without washing even when I wear it down whereas before it was every other day regardless of what I did

Mariekeeee14
October 11th, 2021, 02:29 PM
I have absolutely terrible water. It's not hard in the sense of a high content of calcium or magnesium, rather in the total dissolved solids that corrodes pipes & messes with the ph even after using a softener and two showerhead filters that I replace twice as often as recommended. The primer being mostly ACV 'fixes' a lot of the built up feeling I get that I used to only get washing with a chelating shampoo in bottled water. If you have nicer water you might not notice a difference but it's turned me on to the importance of ph balance and made a big difference in my 2nd & 3rd day hair. I can go 4 days without washing even when I wear it down whereas before it was every other day regardless of what I did

Thanks for that answer, that makes complete sense! In that case I don’t need it but I get why you like it, and call it a revelation

Hellebore
April 13th, 2022, 11:54 AM
Rapunzelwannabe I'm glad to hear that the hair primer worked for you - I just bought the hair primer because I have hard water and I was hoping the hair primer would help with that. I also had the same experience with their herbal hair mask when I used it a few years ago. I couldn't get it out of my hair without washing with a pretty harsh shampoo several times, which felt counterproductive.

So I have the hair primer, normal scalp treatment, conditioner, and a mini of the shampoo, and am hoping for some good results! I'm trying to encourage my husband to buy the problematic scalp treatment for himself since he has flaky scalp that he's very insecure about.

I also have the Rose Hair elixir, which is nice but I prefer Nightblooming's hair oils more.

Lesley8
April 13th, 2022, 12:53 PM
I have the problematic scalp treatment, neroli spray, mask,rose elixir and the rosemary scalp treatment. I tried the shampoo and conditioner and didn't like them :)

Mariekeeee14
April 14th, 2022, 12:50 AM
I have the problematic scalp treatment, neroli spray, mask,rose elixir and the rosemary scalp treatment. I tried the shampoo and conditioner and didn't like them :)

How do you like the rosemary scalp treatment? Is it better or different from the scalp treatment in a jar?

Lesley8
April 14th, 2022, 12:53 AM
How do you like the rosemary scalp treatment? Is it better or different from the scalp treatment in a jar?

Hi, I really like it. It's easy to apply and it seems to be helping my irritated scalp. I also love the problematic one as well but if I had to choose it would be the rosemary one it smells amazing! And cools my scalp down quickly.

Mariekeeee14
April 14th, 2022, 08:12 AM
Hi, I really like it. It's easy to apply and it seems to be helping my irritated scalp. I also love the problematic one as well but if I had to choose it would be the rosemary one it smells amazing! And cools my scalp down quickly.

Thanks! The applying aspect is what is drawing me in too. The jar is messy! On the list it goes xD

Hellebore
April 14th, 2022, 09:35 AM

How do you like the scalp treatment?

Lesley8
April 14th, 2022, 10:29 AM
How do you like the scalp treatment?

I really like the scalp treatment helps my sore scalp a lot definitely worth the money.

Hellebore
April 21st, 2022, 09:09 AM
I really like the scalp treatment helps my sore scalp a lot definitely worth the money.

Thank you. My husband has scalp issues and I thought this might be a good option for him.

Unrelated, I got my Innate Life shipment in last week, and the neroli hair primer is an absolute godsend. I love it so much. It completely fixes my frizz issue post washing.

Lesley8
April 21st, 2022, 09:14 AM
Thank you. My husband has scalp issues and I thought this might be a good option for him.

Unrelated, I got my Innate Life shipment in last week, and the neroli hair primer is an absolute godsend. I love it so much. It completely fixes my frizz issue post washing.

Your welcome.
I really like the neroli spray like you say its great for frizz and it gives my hair a great shine.

Agate
April 27th, 2022, 08:57 PM
I've tried all of their products. My favorite is the Rose Hair Elixir, it smells amazing and my hair loves it. What I liked about their products is that they smelled good but are not overpowering like so many conventional hair products. I'm always on the lookout for mildly scented (not unscented) products. But none of their other products outperformed my other go-to products and I found them expensive for what they are. The shampoo was particularly disappointing to me as my scalp got itchy very soon after using it. The conditioner didn't seem effective. The scalp treatment did not improve my scalp (but my scalp doesn't like oil anyway) but it felt nice and tingly before washing it out. I do like the packaging, i must say! It looked really cool in my shower. :p

sipnsun
May 9th, 2022, 02:21 PM
I have tried some of their products and my favorites are the Rose Elixir and the scalp treatment which I will repurchase when I run out. The leave-in conditioning spray is my least favorite (trying to use it up) and the shampoo and conditioner were just okay (shared with DH to get rid of them faster).

Hellebore
May 11th, 2022, 09:06 AM
I used the problematic scalp treatment on my husband last night. He said it didn't feel tingly or anything, but enjoyed the free head massage. He's committed to letting me do this once a week to see if it helps with his dandruff.

I used the rosemary scalp treatment...and was underwhelmed. It smells like oregano, which drove my dogs crazy (a medium sized pit bull trying very hard to sniff my hair was not something I was expecting). The stuff in the jar is tingly, but a pain to apply and I had a lot of shedding when I would wash it out. The rosemary scalp treatment didn't do that, and I had a normal amount of post-wash shed. I'll keep using it and see how I feel about the results in a few weeks.

LittleQuill
March 14th, 2024, 10:23 PM
I've been super curious about this brand for some years now and would love to give them a shot one day, but they're so expensive (I can see why). I live in Australia and they're (I think) a Canadian company, so shipping cost would probably be so high. For those of you who are international like me, how did you find the shipping costs plus the cost of the products? Is it 'not really worth purchasing again' expensive?

Mariekeeee14
April 17th, 2024, 04:16 AM
I've been super curious about this brand for some years now and would love to give them a shot one day, but they're so expensive (I can see why). I live in Australia and they're (I think) a Canadian company, so shipping cost would probably be so high. For those of you who are international like me, how did you find the shipping costs plus the cost of the products? Is it 'not really worth purchasing again' expensive?

I found a local shop (like in my country) that sells and ships it. Maybe an Australian shop imports it?