PDA

View Full Version : 1 Year LHC Anniversary! Pics included

Jas
January 13th, 2018, 03:37 PM
I've seen quite a few people do these and thought I'd do one too as I always like reading those threads :D Always fun to see the changes.

I joined at the end of January 2017 and took my first picture the night before getting it cut and coloured (back to MBL/Waist).

It's now at the same length it was then, however you can see the direct impact LHC habits have made on my hemline:

http://i67.tinypic.com/2a4pr85.png

That is purely as a result of putting it up most of the time and oiling the ends regularly.

As for a picture of my growth - here is my hair January 2017 after the cut and colour versus January 2018. I put a line where hip is in both pictures so it's easier to see length gained.

http://i68.tinypic.com/mtkp6x.jpg

I started properly growing out my roots, my last colour was in April 2017 and this picture is from November 2017 - 7 months growth. I haven't seen my natural hair colour since my early teens!

http://i67.tinypic.com/2ufezhz.png

As for my routine, I really have kept it simple - I put it up daily, usually in a nautilus bun (although I've been trying to change it up and have been practising plaits every so often). I wash my hair Wednesdays and Sundays, use sulfate shampoo (the sulfate free one ended with me getting dry scalp), wash that out and put conditioner in from roots to the ends. Leave it down to let it dry, put some oil on the length and ends when it's damp. I finger detangle once it's mostly dry (I can't detangle damp, I lose a lot more hair and it tangles more than when it's dry). I use my Tangle teezer once per day in the mornings, loosely plait it at night to sleep.

I am only just at BCL now, hoping to get to classic by the end of the year :D

lapushka
January 13th, 2018, 03:51 PM
I have to say, I like your natural color, and your hemline looks fantastic. :)

Happy anniversary. :D

I'm also hoping for classic this year. Yay! :cheer:

Sofialu
January 13th, 2018, 04:05 PM
Well done, your hair looks to have grown so much in that time and I agree that your natural colour looks really warm and pretty. I'm sure you will have no trouble hitting your hair length goals :)

embee
January 13th, 2018, 04:33 PM
Very pretty! Good growth, too.

hobbitlocks
January 13th, 2018, 04:45 PM
Great progress! Your looks so soft and pretty!

Deborah
January 13th, 2018, 04:57 PM
Nice improvement!

Corvana
January 14th, 2018, 12:35 AM
Amazing!! Happy LHC anniversary!

Sarahlabyrinth
January 14th, 2018, 02:23 AM
That's a lovely improvement - and your natural color is so pretty and glossy! :D Happy 1st hairiversary!

Pinni
January 14th, 2018, 03:28 AM
Congrats at 1st anniversary!:cake: I am little bit jealous of that progress! So much progress. My natural color looks very much the same.

Jas
January 14th, 2018, 03:47 AM
I have to say, I like your natural color, and your hemline looks fantastic. :)

Happy anniversary. :D

I'm also hoping for classic this year. Yay! :cheer:

Thank you - hopefully we'll both reach classic together! I really didn't like it when it started growing out, it looked so dark but now that it's grown out more it's a bit lighter than I thought and I quite like it :D The hemline I have to say I'm surprised it's still looking ok considering I've never gone a year without trimming before. In the interest of full disclosure though, I did make my husband take like 5 pics until I found one I was happy with :P

Well done, your hair looks to have grown so much in that time and I agree that your natural colour looks really warm and pretty. I'm sure you will have no trouble hitting your hair length goals :)

Thank you! Fingers crossed. I wish I had taken measurements since January 2017 so I knew my average growth - and I'm a bit worried it won't continue to grow as much as this is officially the longest it's ever been.

Very pretty! Good growth, too.

Thank you!

Great progress! Your looks so soft and pretty!

It is pretty soft :P Thank you!

Nice improvement!

Thanks Deborah :D

Amazing!! Happy LHC anniversary!

I can't believe it's been a year!

That's a lovely improvement - and your natural color is so pretty and glossy! :D Happy 1st hairiversary!

Ah thank you - hopefully it'll be healthier and thicken up a bit too.

Congrats at 1st anniversary!:cake: I am little bit jealous of that progress! So much progress. My natural color looks very much the same.

Are you going to grow out your natural colour? It takes a while to get used to it after dying hair but I think I'm over the worst of the urge to re-colour. Thank you ref progress :D Having a year side by side really helps with motivation - I am now taking my hair pics 3 monthly. It's worth doing, not often enough that it drives you crazy but often enough that you see progress.

TatsuOni
January 14th, 2018, 04:00 AM
Congrats! Great progress! Your hair looks good! :)

Hippuris
January 14th, 2018, 04:02 AM
Amazing progress in a year! Your hair is just the length I want to reach some day. :)

Groovy Granny
January 14th, 2018, 04:03 AM
Looks great ~ congrats :applause:

chomsky
January 14th, 2018, 05:13 AM
Congratualtions! Your hair looks amazing, and your natural colour... wow!

Dendra
January 14th, 2018, 10:27 AM
Happy anniversary Jas! You know I'm a fan of your natural colour and also, wow, your hair grew a lot! Congrats on all the great progress you've made on the condition of your hair too :thumbsup:

Pinni
January 14th, 2018, 10:51 AM
Are you going to grow out your natural colour? It takes a while to get used to it after dying hair but I think I'm over the worst of the urge to re-colour. Thank you ref progress :D Having a year side by side really helps with motivation - I am now taking my hair pics 3 monthly. It's worth doing, not often enough that it drives you crazy but often enough that you see progress.[/QUOTE]

I am not sure what I do. Some days I am happy to see my own color but some days my hair looks very unkept. I also get comments that I should color it. I have stopped to think that too much. I TRY not to color it atleast anytime soon.

Your hair looks so pretty and is so long, that I hope you stay motivated to not color it. It makes growing so much easier!

Suze
January 14th, 2018, 11:12 AM
Such great progress! I always enjoy these kind of threads so much so thanks for posting. Your hair looks great. Love your natural color! Happy lhc-versary.:)

_fred_
January 14th, 2018, 11:26 AM
I's wonderful to see how much you've gained in a year. and how much of a difference LHC habits have made to your ends. Your hair looks so lovely - natural and dyed - and it's so glossy!

Reservechic
January 14th, 2018, 11:29 AM
Jas, your hair looks so incredibly amazing! As, you ought to be super proud of all of the fantastic progress you've achieved! :joy:

Guitargod
January 14th, 2018, 12:46 PM
That's a lot of growth in one year and your hair looks great.
If you won't reach classic by next year with that kinda growth then it's at least going to be very close.

Sofialu
January 14th, 2018, 01:17 PM
Thank you! Fingers crossed. I wish I had taken measurements since January 2017 so I knew my average growth - and I'm a bit worried it won't continue to grow as much as this is officially the longest it's ever been.

Mine is also the longest it's ever been and I find it hard to imagine that it will ever grow any longer. Yours looks really healthy and the ends look to have thickened up lots so I don't see why it won't continue to grow as it has :)

Jas
January 14th, 2018, 01:47 PM
Congrats! Great progress! Your hair looks good! :)

Thank you! Your signature pic hemline is to die for, I hope I get to that someday.

Amazing progress in a year! Your hair is just the length I want to reach some day. :)

You can do it! Just stick it in protective styles and it'll creep up on you.

Looks great ~ congrats :applause:

Thank you!

Congratualtions! Your hair looks amazing, and your natural colour... wow!

Ahh really? Thank you :D It's nice to have so much appreciation for my natural colour actually, really helps me feel that bit more positive about growing it out.

Happy anniversary Jas! You know I'm a fan of your natural colour and also, wow, your hair grew a lot! Congrats on all the great progress you've made on the condition of your hair too :thumbsup:

Thank you, the condition really surprised me actually - really shows how much LHC has helped in a year. I love your hair too, you've got a head start on me with virgin hair length :D

I am not sure what I do. Some days I am happy to see my own color but some days my hair looks very unkept. I also get comments that I should color it. I have stopped to think that too much. I TRY not to color it atleast anytime soon.

Your hair looks so pretty and is so long, that I hope you stay motivated to not color it. It makes growing so much easier!

I get the looking unkempt feeling - it's difficult to get past it (and I still feel a bit iffy on having long roots now) but I think it'll be worth it on the quality of hair and I feel like having grown out more than a few inches I am able to see the colour my hair actually is. Against light blonde hair anything would look dark. Do you really get comments to colour it? That's quite rude of people, don't feel pressured to do anything with your hair. Your album pictures of your hair are gorgeous and I think it would be gorgeous in any colour.

Such great progress! I always enjoy these kind of threads so much so thanks for posting. Your hair looks great. Love your natural color! Happy lhc-versary.:)

Ahh thank you, yeah I always read through and love to see people's progress through the years on here. After all these comments on my natural colour I'm definitely feeling much much better about growing out and suffering through the "roots" look :D Thank you.

I's wonderful to see how much you've gained in a year. and how much of a difference LHC habits have made to your ends. Your hair looks so lovely - natural and dyed - and it's so glossy!

Yeah LHC has made a shocking difference. I rarely had it up before because it would give me a headache having those hair half pulled through with a hairband buns.. *shiver* never again - sticks, forks and spin pins are the way forward! Not had a headache since either.

Jas, your hair looks so incredibly amazing! As, you ought to be super proud of all of the fantastic progress you've achieved! :joy:

Thank you! It's so nice to have such positive comments on my hair, and I'm so glad I took before pictures on impulse when I joined here. To see the difference makes me feel like I'm really on my way to my goal hair :D

Jas
January 14th, 2018, 01:49 PM
That's a lot of growth in one year and your hair looks great.
If you won't reach classic by next year with that kinda growth then it's at least going to be very close.

It's definitely more growth than I realised until I put them side by side and it's really motivating knowing picking up LHC habits has worked - I just really hope it keeps going at that rate, this is officially the longest it has been so from here is uncharted territory. Definitely fingers crossed for classic though, I'm feeling hopeful :D Thank you

Mine is also the longest it's ever been and I find it hard to imagine that it will ever grow any longer. Yours looks really healthy and the ends look to have thickened up lots so I don't see why it won't continue to grow as it has :)

It will grow longer judging by the thickness in your albums, it's gorgeous and I love your colour. Fingers crossed ours keep growing!

TatsuOni
January 14th, 2018, 01:50 PM
Thank you! Your signature pic hemline is to die for, I hope I get to that someday.

Thank you! :flower:

marvel-lover
January 14th, 2018, 03:20 PM
:thudpile: Incredible! Look at the progress you have made! That color is amazing, and it looks so soft! Congratulations!

chiapommama
January 14th, 2018, 07:50 PM
Beautiful. Love the length too.

Flowerness
January 14th, 2018, 09:23 PM
Your hair is so beautiful! Every time I've tried to straighten my hair, it was to achieve your shine and smoothness! (Naturally, it would wait 30 minutes, and rebel!)

Pinni
January 15th, 2018, 10:01 AM
Thank you. :) Not so much bad comments really, but it is that you remember the few not so nice comments well. Nobody should comment that way, that is true.

I get the looking unkempt feeling - it's difficult to get past it (and I still feel a bit iffy on having long roots now) but I think it'll be worth it on the quality of hair and I feel like having grown out more than a few inches I am able to see the colour my hair actually is. Against light blonde hair anything would look dark. Do you really get comments to colour it? That's quite rude of people, don't feel pressured to do anything with your hair. Your album pictures of your hair are gorgeous and I think it would be gorgeous in any colour.

Shorty89
January 15th, 2018, 10:18 AM
Awesome progress! I live your natural colour.

Sofialu
January 15th, 2018, 10:29 AM
It will grow longer judging by the thickness in your albums, it's gorgeous and I love your colour. Fingers crossed ours keep growing!

That's so sweet, thank you :o Yes fingers crossed for us!

MlleMC
January 15th, 2018, 10:59 AM
Congrats! Your hair looks really healthy and nice, and your natural colour is pretty!

I had the same worries around hip length, since it was the longest I had ever worn my hair before. I honestly thought it had stopped growing... and then one day I sat on my ends.

Jas
January 15th, 2018, 02:55 PM
:thudpile: Incredible! Look at the progress you have made! That color is amazing, and it looks so soft! Congratulations!

Thank you! I think that's my first thud! :D I'm still really surprised at how much love my colour is getting, it's great though! Makes me wonder why I avoided it for so long.

Beautiful. Love the length too.

Thank you, I'm pretty happy with the length (for now) :P

Your hair is so beautiful! Every time I've tried to straighten my hair, it was to achieve your shine and smoothness! (Naturally, it would wait 30 minutes, and rebel!)

Aww that's such a lovely comment, thank you! <3

Awesome progress! I live your natural colour.

Thank you! My natural colour seems a real hit with LHC :D

Congrats! Your hair looks really healthy and nice, and your natural colour is pretty!

I had the same worries around hip length, since it was the longest I had ever worn my hair before. I honestly thought it had stopped growing... and then one day I sat on my ends.

I so hope that happens to me! To one day sit on my ends randomly :D I'll have to stop pulling my hair in the shower to see if it's grown any more in between! I'm happy now I've got to BCL to just leave it alone and not keep measuring it monthly. Thank you <3