PDA

View Full Version : Wearing hair the same way, Everyday.

Andthetalltrees
January 12th, 2018, 07:11 PM
I've been really into crown braids lately(And loose, But that's besides the point), Like having them in for several days "into" them. I know this topic gets thrown around here a lot about varying hairstyles, But with my scalp being super picky and I am definitely a creature of habit to the point where I don't like doing different things it's hard to make myself do anything else. I've done it before, I had my hair in basically the same half up for about 3 years, and after that a dutch braid of some sort for about a year. It didn't seem to really matter much. My hair is generally very resistant to damage, So maybe it depends more on hair type? It confuses me though because I see "doing the same thing will make you have bald spots/damage" being thrown around here a lot so it makes me feel like I shouldn't be doing it :confused:. Maybe changing it up every few months is do able, should I aim for that? hahah

Groovy Granny
January 12th, 2018, 08:51 PM
If your hair does not easily damage....wear it as you like; you are aware of what to do and watch for....so check now and then..... and ENJOY IT :cheer:

I wear it down in some fashion in cold weather and up more in Summer.

My hair is fine and wispy but I have no damage, so I must be doing something right....as you are ;)

I would go nuts wearing it in a protective style day in and day out ~ IMHO of course ~ and I am careful with it :o

JadedByEntropy
January 12th, 2018, 09:45 PM
fine hair has issue with this, as does sensitive scalps. my hair is coarse like yours so damage from hairbands and consistent hairdos isn't a problem for me either. its much more about what your hair can handle. if you notice a lot of hairloss or patches or pain or breakage..then you'll know. if you haven't seen any yet- you probably wont. just don't wear crazy tight braids (which it sounds like you dont).

Simsy
January 12th, 2018, 11:12 PM
Echoing Groovy Granny if it works for you; go with it. My hair lives in braids for work, only because I need to wear a hard hat over the top. I don’t see a lot of damage.

Sarahlabyrinth
January 13th, 2018, 01:53 AM
As long as the updo is done gently, and is protective, and the hair is not pulled tightly, I don't see why you couldn't wear the same style for decades if you wanted to.

lapushka
January 13th, 2018, 06:40 AM
I've been really into crown braids lately(And loose, But that's besides the point), Like having them in for several days "into" them. I know this topic gets thrown around here a lot about varying hairstyles, But with my scalp being super picky and I am definitely a creature of habit to the point where I don't like doing different things it's hard to make myself do anything else. I've done it before, I had my hair in basically the same half up for about 3 years, and after that a dutch braid of some sort for about a year. It didn't seem to really matter much. My hair is generally very resistant to damage, So maybe it depends more on hair type? It confuses me though because I see "doing the same thing will make you have bald spots/damage" being thrown around here a lot so it makes me feel like I shouldn't be doing it :confused:. Maybe changing it up every few months is do able, should I aim for that? hahah

I have worn a LWB for more than 3 years now, constantly when I'm up, 6 days out of 7.

When I wash it and it is oily and I "massage" the shampoo in, I can feel that I had my hair up, but it is like a weak muscle ache. I have no bald spots or thinning of any kind, and my hair withstands this pretty well.

I wear my LWB up high, over my ears high. The top just about shows above my head. So there is tension (even though I don't do my buns tightly, but just from being "up there" on the head I mean).

A crown braid hardly creates tension, I think.

I wouldn't worry about the same style (being harmful); unless you like variation. ;) :p

Andthetalltrees
January 13th, 2018, 08:53 AM
I definitely don't do anything tight since my scalp will tell me if even one strand is being pulled a bit tight(and my braids are usually tied off just enough to stay put). Glad to know others have experienced it being okay, I guess I will stick with alternating between crown braids and just down!

bparnell75
January 13th, 2018, 10:57 AM
So instead of my usual Spock buns I have been wearing more Celtic buns, and mini helix buns. Thanks for this challenge.