PDA

View Full Version : Cat Tales (OK...Dog Tales, Too!)

Jo Ann
January 11th, 2018, 08:52 PM
I've been puddy-tat http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/cats/purring-kitty-smiley-emoticon.gif sitting for a couple of weeks. The second oldest cat leaves me alone, but I had to start wearing my hair in a braid because the two younger cats think the hair on the back of my head hides some mystical animal or something :shocked: and attack it when I'm sleeping. The oldest cat has the run of Mom's room, but left my hair (and headphone cord) alone.

How do you cat ladies (and dog http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/dogs/cute-dog-smiley-emoticon.gif people) cope with keeping your critters/pets out of your hair (literally)? I tell the younger ones "NO!" and set them down on the floor. The braid is working (for now) but I'll get woke up when the younger ones want to (try to) play with the tassel. Kicking them out of my room is not an option--by choice, I sleep on the couch. When the weather's nice at night (above 65 degrees/18 degrees Celsius--I live in FL), I can kick the three cats onto the porch--they love it! But with the cold spells we've had, they've been inside, especially at night.

Any ideas? This will be going on for another three months, at most.

Sarahlabyrinth
January 12th, 2018, 12:28 AM
I wear a sleep cap :), it works perfectly!

hanne jensen
January 12th, 2018, 05:27 AM
I have both a dog and a cat. I wear my hair up in a bun during the day and a braid at night. When my cat thought it was fun to play with my braid at night I wore a braided bun to bed. Put the braid at the very top of my head so it doesn't bother me. After a month or so kitty gave up so now I can wear a loose braid to bed.

Jo Ann
January 12th, 2018, 05:57 AM
I'll have to check out a do-rag or something, Sarah--hide the ends :p

I'll also check out a braided bun, Hanne, but I'll use my short hairstick--they do try to play with my hairsticks on occasion. The first time one of the younger cats played with my hairstick, I thought it was Youngest Dear Son--until he went from his bedroom into the kitchen https://illiweb.com/fa/i/smiles/icon_eek.gif

lapushka
January 12th, 2018, 06:13 AM
Just try and take this "opportunity" (ahem) to try bun styles. If it's not there, they can't play with it. ;)

Lady Stardust
January 12th, 2018, 06:38 AM
Aw this makes me miss my youngest cat - she used to play with anything that stuck out of the bed. I often woke up with the feeling that I was being stared at and she'd be sitting on the floor next to the bed looking at me and stroking my knee.

The only thing I can think of is that most cats don't like the smell of citrus, maybe you can do something with that? Shove some orange peel under their nose each time so they have a bad association with it? Surround yourself with orange peel? Wrap some around your braid? I know these are ludicrous suggestions, just being lighthearted, this is what living with Bengal cats does to you - they never stop acting like kittens.

lapushka
January 12th, 2018, 06:55 AM
When I had cats my hair was shorter than or BSL at the longest. I was new into growing. Such a while ago. I no longer have any pets ATM. I used to have a German Shepherd Dog ("lady") and two cats (also "ladies"); lots of "attitude" in this place. LOL!

Jo Ann
January 12th, 2018, 07:07 AM
LOL! Attitude, I can deal with! :)

The occasional shredded role of paper towels, too--but leave my hair and headphone cord alone and don't even THINK about getting up close and personal with the CatTV!

https://ll-us-i5.wal.co/asr/efa3eb48-5cd2-416e-b949-b20afef5770d_1.53ad94caa9659a321d9d6762e2e87712.jp eg-8ba82810f568cdd59a9a7527f29a4e929f639a22-optim-500x500.jpg

Robi-Bird
January 12th, 2018, 03:53 PM
Occasionally my older cat will try and groom my hair, and he gets told off, then looks offended.

Beckstar
January 12th, 2018, 04:32 PM
My cat used to pounce on my hair and try to groom me while doing yoga. I was in downward dog and he jumped and wrapped his paws on my head and *lick* *bite* *tug*. It hurt trying to extract him. It was almost easier to let him finish grooming. I had to start bunning and he left it alone.

*Wednesday*
January 13th, 2018, 02:30 PM
I have 2 cats and a snake. I keep my hair up, especially with the snake. He likes to wind through things. My cats are older and have no interest in my hair. My one cat Patty Cake likes to cuddle. At times her claws will catch my hair when it's down drying. I carefully unclip her.

Chantalia
January 14th, 2018, 08:36 PM
I more so worry about my green cheek conure (bird) as she loves to play in my hair. When I used to oil it with coconut oil she'd try to eat it.. learned you should cover your oiled hair anyway. The only hair problem I encounter with my cat is waking up with her sleeping above my head on the pillow :eek: