View Full Version : Is it weird to bring your own shampoo and conditioner to the hairdressers?

BrunetteOcean
January 9th, 2018, 11:44 AM
Hii girls, just wondering if it would be weird to bring my own hair products to the hairdressers? I'm in love with the shampoo and conditioner I use and I don't want to sound weird asking them to use it:o
Thanks!
Xx

Trip
January 9th, 2018, 11:47 AM
I dont think its weird
I would just say you have allergic reactions to most shampoos and these are the only ones you can use lol

lapushka
January 9th, 2018, 12:21 PM
I don't think it's weird. Just tell them your scalp is finicky and this works well for you. I don't know if their washing service includes the shampoo + conditioner, but maybe bring that up and you might not have to pay full price for the service. Depends on the salon, I think.

ggallagher27
January 9th, 2018, 12:23 PM
I have seriously considered bringing my own. I don't like using different products. I also have had allergic reations to some products at salons. Trust your thoughts, and bring your own! Also noted, you could just ask not to be shampooed, and have them use a spray bottle, could be cheaper.

lapushka
January 9th, 2018, 02:22 PM
Can I ask how long your hair is?

On this forum we frequently self-trim, by using Feye's self-trimming method (for blunt cuts, U-shapes, V-shapes and no layers) and the compact cut method for layering.

Might want to consider that; it will save you some £.

Groovy Granny
January 9th, 2018, 02:36 PM
Can I ask how long your hair is?

On this forum we frequently self-trim, by using Feye's self-trimming method (for blunt cuts, U-shapes, V-shapes and no layers) and the compact cut method for layering.

Might want to consider that; it will save you some £.
You beat me to this post lapushka ;)

It can save some length too; not everyone is happy leaving a salon.

At home you can snip what YOU want ....as little as you like..... when you like ...for FREE :eyebrows:

The 'under chin ponytail method' is also very easy for a U hemline.

DweamGoiL
January 9th, 2018, 05:18 PM
I have brought my own products to a salon in the past and I also bring my own comb and comb my own hair before the stylist cuts it. However, I don't expect them to change the price based on this. I just expect them to respect my personal quirks without judgment :)

PixieP
January 9th, 2018, 05:23 PM
I have had this discussion with a friend who is a hairdresser. She says most hairdressers (here in Norway at least) will not accept it, that they are taught not to. I argued that I have scalp psoriasis and I never know what will set it off, she countered that she doesn't know what's in my products and she doesn't want unfamiliar products on herself. I guess we both have a point. I would recommend calling or emailing the salon to ask.

Rebeccalaurenxx
January 9th, 2018, 11:44 PM
I’ve tried but I’ve had stylists kind of look at me funny when I ask.
So I never end up doin it. But it does feel weird asking for what reason.
I don’t know why. Lol. Anyway, go for it. If they say no, maybe it’s about time you learn to self trim.

shaluwm_agape
January 10th, 2018, 12:02 AM
I say try it or avoid all together and wash before you go. I used to do that all the time before i started self trimming