PDA

View Full Version : Hashimoto's and hair loss

HeartofHaleth
January 8th, 2018, 10:15 AM
I'm back again! :)

I know there have been threads on this before, but I'd love some more input. A little over a month ago I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's, after dealing with the symptoms for ~3 years. I'm now taking NatureThroid (desiccated thyroid medication) and have noticed a definite difference in energy and cognitive function. For several months now my hair has slowly been losing thickness, and I was wondering if this was related, and if proper medication will help with that issue. Thanks!

lapushka
January 8th, 2018, 10:37 AM
I'm back again! :)

I know there have been threads on this before, but I'd love some more input. A little over a month ago I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's, after dealing with the symptoms for ~3 years. I'm now taking NatureThroid (desiccated thyroid medication) and have noticed a definite difference in energy and cognitive function. For several months now my hair has slowly been losing thickness, and I was wondering if this was related, and if proper medication will help with that issue. Thanks!

If your thyroid is out of whack, yes it can lead to hair loss. :flower: I hope you get proper meds for it and will get it under control soon. :)

HeartofHaleth
January 9th, 2018, 02:20 PM
If your thyroid is out of whack, yes it can lead to hair loss. :flower: I hope you get proper meds for it and will get it under control soon. :)

Thank you! I'm still waiting to see if some other issues will get resolved as well, fingers crossed!

lapushka
January 9th, 2018, 04:33 PM
Thank you! I'm still waiting to see if some other issues will get resolved as well, fingers crossed!

Yep, fingers crossed. I'm hoping right along with you! Keep us posted too. It's nice to get it off your chest sometimes!