PDA

View Full Version : Help

shaluwm_agape
January 6th, 2018, 11:57 AM
Every time I do a hot oil treatment on my hair and wash it out I literally have to shower twice?! I washed my hair 3xs in the shower last night and my hair now dry still looks oily yet crunchy almost at my ends. This ALWAYS happens every time I do an oil treatment. How can I fix this?!

littlestarface
January 6th, 2018, 11:58 AM
Ahh don't use shampoo use conditioner to take it out, if only shampoo your scalp but conditioner will get out all that oil, trust me, I pour oil on my hair like literally and conditioner only always gets it out.

shaluwm_agape
January 6th, 2018, 12:07 PM
Ahh don't use shampoo use conditioner to take it out, if only shampoo your scalp but conditioner will get out all that oil, trust me, I pour oil on my hair like literally and conditioner only always gets it out.

THANK YOU! Will try it today

i

akurah
January 6th, 2018, 12:08 PM
Honestly?

I wouldn't do the treatment. It sounds like it's adversely affecting your hair.

littlestarface
January 6th, 2018, 12:11 PM
You can put it the conditioner on dry hair or while you take a bath but make sure to leave it for like 15mins I leave mine anywhere from 30mins to 5 hours depending on how lazy I am :rollin: then I wet my scalp shampoo twice scalp only and then rinse the conditioner out with the last shampooing and my hair is always squeaky clean then I apply 10 drops of oil to my hair and conditioner then rinse it out.

Always nice and clean no crunchy greasy hair, I hate that feeling yuck. I like nice clean hair or else I feel like one of those ducks who got that black sludgy oil spilled on them.

Trip
January 6th, 2018, 12:15 PM
I had the same problem every time i tried to dc with coconut oil! Til i tried putting conditioner on it before rinsing as well as after and now it comes out very nice. I never oil my scalp with it though

Sarahlabyrinth
January 6th, 2018, 12:15 PM
Yes, put the conditioner on dry hair and let it sit for up to 30 minutes, then wash your hair. The oil will come out much easier that way.

shaluwm_agape
January 6th, 2018, 12:17 PM
Honestly?

I wouldn't do the treatment. It sounds like it's adversely affecting your hair.

I have low porosity hair and this happens with any treatment/ oiling I do how can I show my hair some love without oiling?

shaluwm_agape
January 6th, 2018, 12:19 PM
thanks ladies !

queenbee1
January 6th, 2018, 12:26 PM
I have low porosity hair and this happens with any treatment/ oiling I do how can I show my hair some love without oiling?

You can SMT, do the ROO method or like me use lesser oil (pretty and post wash). I condition the oil out and post wash I use about 10 drops of oil on my high porosity waist length hair. You may need to use less on your low porosity hair :) YMMV

akurah
January 6th, 2018, 12:29 PM

Depending on your hair type, it may not NEED it, and doing it is more harmful than good. I don't know the porosity of my hair, but I do know it gets really mad and unmanageable if I get fancy with putting stuff in it.

For example, my routine is this:
Shampoo with Head and Shoulders 2-in-1 fragrance free stuff (medical reasons), anywhere from twice a week to once every two weeks, usually closer to once every week and a half.
Detangler spray (Carol's Daughter currently) as needed (usually whenever I thoroughly detangle, which is not daily)
Coconut oil very rarely (maybe once a month, sometimes as frequently as once every two weeks), on the ends, and not so much that it needs to be washed out (a miniscule amount goes a long way)

If i do hot oil treatments? Throws a FIT.
Deep conditioning? Greasepit.
Protein treatments? That ticks the hair off too.

Your mileage may vary, but your hair may be such that it wants to be left the bleep alone.

ETA: but before giving it up, try washing it out not with shampoo, but with conditioner instead, as the others suggest.

shaluwm_agape
January 6th, 2018, 12:46 PM
what is the ROO method exactly

littlestarface
January 6th, 2018, 01:00 PM

It's when you apply oil to wet hair after washing it but before conditioner so it all gets rinsed out.

shaluwm_agape
January 6th, 2018, 01:00 PM
Depending on your hair type, it may not NEED it, and doing it is more harmful than good. I don't know the porosity of my hair, but I do know it gets really mad and unmanageable if I get fancy with putting stuff in it.

For example, my routine is this:
Shampoo with Head and Shoulders 2-in-1 fragrance free stuff (medical reasons), anywhere from twice a week to once every two weeks, usually closer to once every week and a half.
Detangler spray (Carol's Daughter currently) as needed (usually whenever I thoroughly detangle, which is not daily)
Coconut oil very rarely (maybe once a month, sometimes as frequently as once every two weeks), on the ends, and not so much that it needs to be washed out (a miniscule amount goes a long way)

If i do hot oil treatments? Throws a FIT.
Deep conditioning? Greasepit.
Protein treatments? That ticks the hair off too.

Your mileage may vary, but your hair may be such that it wants to be left the bleep alone.

ETA: but before giving it up, try washing it out not with shampoo, but with conditioner instead, as the others suggest.

Thanks I use the H&S classic clean line and honestly my hair really only likes avocado oil. So I will try the conditioner method first but you are probably right

shaluwm_agape
January 6th, 2018, 01:02 PM
It's when you apply oil to wet hair after washing it but before conditioner so it all gets rinsed out.

thanks I only tried that once and don't remember the results so I will be trying all of these suggestions hopefully one works

torosaurus
January 6th, 2018, 01:14 PM
In addition to the great advice the other ladies in this thread have given you, I wonder if maybe you are not using the right oil for your hair. Coconut oil makes my hair feel frizzy, crunchy and unhappy. However, many other oils, like jojoba, apricot, sunflower, argan and rosehip oil are all great alternatives for me. If you wish to continue hot oil treatments maybe you can expirament with other oils until you find one which suits you.

lapushka
January 6th, 2018, 01:42 PM

The link to the explanation (rinse-out oil method) is in my signature. HTH!

shaluwm_agape
January 6th, 2018, 01:58 PM
In addition to the great advice the other ladies in this thread have given you, I wonder if maybe you are not using the right oil for your hair. Coconut oil makes my hair feel frizzy, crunchy and unhappy. However, many other oils, like jojoba, apricot, sunflower, argan and rosehip oil are all great alternatives for me. If you wish to continue hot oil treatments maybe you can expirament with other oils until you find one which suits you.
I don't think my hair likes really thick oils especially since the cuticles lay completely flat

shaluwm_agape
January 6th, 2018, 02:03 PM
The link to the explanation (rinse-out oil method) is in my signature. HTH!

just saw it thanks soooo much for your help

spidermom
January 6th, 2018, 02:23 PM
I used to use oil very sparingly on the bottom half of my length only - I'm talking 2-3 drops. Conditioner always removed it and left my hair smooth and shiny.

shaluwm_agape
February 24th, 2018, 02:49 PM
I need to thank you ladies!!!! I officially have cured my hair oiling blues. CWC has been a life saver. Though I CWWC washing 2xs always made my scalp amazing.And I have realized my hair does not like coconut oil. So no more cocnut oil in hair for me!