PDA

View Full Version : Looking for EU-available pocked-sized scissors for S&D

Fimu
January 5th, 2018, 01:17 PM
I'm looking for sharp scissors with a size of about 3.5 - 4" (9 - 10 cm) to cut individual strands during S&D.

Can someone recommend me brands and types (e.g. for sewing or mustache/beard) that are available in EU? For example, do you have good experiences with Tweezerman scissors for S&D?

lapushka
January 5th, 2018, 03:37 PM
I'll link you to the scissors section of the site where I bought my "Ultron" shears from. They are 10+ years old and as sharp as ever. They are Japanese steel (that is THE thing to look for in shears). Anyway, the link:

http://www.flash-world.nl/catalog/index.php?cPath=31&osCsid=ula9norj7rtvnsihgmjrjnu383

Oh and the ones that are about 10 euro aren't Japanese steel (in the Ultron section). So do NOT go for those!

They are at least 5 inches though.

Or, you could use sharp embroidery scissors, but if you could I'd go with the regular ones.

akurah
January 5th, 2018, 04:15 PM
You can get small 3” scissors of adequate sharpness from sewing stores, I believe. I think they’re called embroidery scissors. They usually also come in a pouch.

Nini
January 5th, 2018, 05:37 PM
I think you'll be fine with any kind of embroidery scissors. I have a pair that I mostly use for my hair these days. I don't think they're a particular brand, but they're sharp and do their job.

Fimu
January 6th, 2018, 02:00 AM
Thanks everyone! Then I'll look for embroidery scissors :).