PDA

View Full Version : Satin Pillowcases

myn-d
January 3rd, 2018, 11:41 PM
I have just ordered a satin pillowcase for sleep at night. My hair is too short to be put up so I was hoping this would be kinder to my hair at night. Does anyone else use one?

victorian girl
January 4th, 2018, 12:02 AM
I use my satin nightgown as a pillowcase, but I'm going to make a pillowcase and a nightcap from mercerized cotton, which is also quite smooth.

myn-d
January 4th, 2018, 01:54 AM
I use my satin nightgown as a pillowcase, but I'm going to make a pillowcase and a nightcap from mercerized cotton, which is also quite smooth.

That sounds like a great idea. It's good to be crafty!

patches
January 4th, 2018, 02:59 AM
I use a half satin pillow case I made. The top is satin, the bottom is cotton. I figured that way it would be gentle on my hair but the pillow would stay put instead of slipping around. Though I've never used a full satin one so I'm not sure the slipping would actually be a problem or not.

lapushka
January 4th, 2018, 06:40 AM
I do have some but I don't use them. I much rather use my microfiber pillow cases (I have 3), they are so slick but still have a good "consistency" to them and I like that a lot. Microfiber bedding was probably the best discovery I ever made. :)

TatsuOni
January 4th, 2018, 08:55 AM
I use satin pillowcases that I made. They make a great difference for me! SO prefers them too and he's bald :laugh:

Stray_mind
January 4th, 2018, 09:29 AM
I use one. It certainly is good for my hair. It's so soft that my hair easily slides around without getting caught on it. :D

czech it out
January 4th, 2018, 09:34 AM
I use a half satin pillow case I made. The top is satin, the bottom is cotton. I figured that way it would be gentle on my hair but the pillow would stay put instead of slipping around. Though I've never used a full satin one so I'm not sure the slipping would actually be a problem or not.

:bigeyes: Mind blown! I was just about to explain how mine always slips out from under my head. Brilliant idea - my sewing literate boyfriend is going to have a new project on his hands.

Groovy Granny
January 4th, 2018, 02:13 PM
I use and love them; bought from a seller on Amazon a few years ago and still are nice :thumbsup:

myn-d
January 4th, 2018, 04:36 PM

That's a great idea, I never thought about the slipping.

myn-d
January 4th, 2018, 04:37 PM
I use and love them; bought from a seller on Amazon a few years ago and still are nice :thumbsup:

I ordered mine from a seller on Amazon also. I hope it works for me.

Groovy Granny
January 4th, 2018, 04:38 PM
Slipping is not an issue for me, and I use an incline pillow under me for health issues.

EliseMarie
January 4th, 2018, 08:16 PM
Mine is not real silk but a polyester satin. I got it at Sally Beauty and I love it. It makes all the difference for me in being able to wear second day hair.