PDA

View Full Version : How to get Sarah Palin hair

LadyGoddess
October 29th, 2008, 09:54 AM
I'll be at work on Friday so I can't dress up as crazily as I usually do. So instead I'm going as Gov. Palin! Now the problem is how to get her hairstyle. I'm going to get bangs today (which is scary but I'm so tired of this huge forehead) but for the back end I have no idea.

My hair is right past the uh...butt-cheek meets leg length so I have a lot of hair that needs to be gotten up. I'm also not very suavy with hair styling terms which go beyond "braid, bun, etc" so I'll also need diagrams if you can be any help.

Thank you so much!

Islandgrrl
October 29th, 2008, 10:38 AM
Okay, I found this in an article - be warned, it involves teasing (which I think you could get around easily with the volume of hair that you have to work with):

Here he tells us how to get a similar look:

— Take a horizontal section across the middle of the head and move a small section forward and out of the way. You’ll be using that later to cover up the teasing you’ll be doing.

— Working behind the section you just moved forward, take 1/4-inch sections and tease, pushing the hair to base with a comb. Tease a couple more sections working back toward the crown.

— Take the first section that you moved out of the way and gently brush it over the teased sections. You don’t want to flatten the areas that you teased. This helps conceal the teased sections.

— Pull back the sides and gather them with the the first section and make a loose chignon in the back, or twist up into a bun or clip.

— Smooth out the bangs. Make them a little piecey.

So, I think to avoid teasing, you could take that section that would have been teased, and roll it up into an in-place rat and pin it. Then comb the little section you saved over the rat section and proceed.

ETA: Oooops, I somehow posted prematurely :bigeyes:

Maybe start like you're going to make a French Twist, but clip and drape the ends over the whole thing like a peacock twist? It's going to take some creativity to get the back right with your length, heck, I can't even do it at BSL - I have too much hair.

LeaM07
October 29th, 2008, 11:34 AM
You might want to PM dor3girl (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/member.php?u=11096)and see if she has any tips. Check out her album for a Palin pic. :)

LisaJaney
October 29th, 2008, 12:15 PM
Iggy, those're good instructions, but I gotta say: your "posted prematurely" has me in FITS of giggles here. Must be the big-eyed guy that pushed me over the edge. Bwahahahahahahha!

Islandgrrl
October 29th, 2008, 01:20 PM
Iggy, those're good instructions, but I gotta say: your "posted prematurely" has me in FITS of giggles here. Must be the big-eyed guy that pushed me over the edge. Bwahahahahahahha!

Funny is my middle name.

Well, really it's Lena, but you get my drift. :face: