PDA

View Full Version : Rebellious hair! Share your stories :D

Wavybrunetteuk
January 1st, 2018, 07:55 PM
I haven't seen a thread about this yet.

I have heard people say how their hair has a mind of its own and does what it wants or doesn't listen to the owner, to which I always nod and agree enthusiastically! I've even heard people describe their hair as is own entity or person and given it a name HAHA I can relate! I might even give my rebel hair a name.

My hair sometimes just just does that exact opposite of what I want XD throughout my whole life. For a large portion of my life I wanted straight hair, and it just disagreed and wanted to be frizzy and wavy instead XD. I even had a bob once and it insisted on flicking out. When I decided "you know what? I kind of like the waviness", my hair simply stopped curling and went limp!

now that I want curly hair... nope my hair has decided to be 2a/2b now XD.

how about your hair? Does it listen to you or have a mind of its own? XD

spidermom
January 1st, 2018, 07:59 PM
My hair definitely has a mind of its own. I never know if it's going to be full and fluffy or limp and flat. It ranges from 1B straight to 2C wavy/curly.

school of fish
January 1st, 2018, 08:37 PM
My hair has its own unique way of asserting its personality - it likes to defy many of the popular LHC best practices :p A quick read of my signature will give a few highlights... ;)

It also insists on being simultaneously 1a and 2b texture, with nothing in between!

What an awesome idea for a thread! :D

littlestarface
January 1st, 2018, 09:07 PM
Mine definitely has a dumb mind of its own and it listens as bad as I do, heck even worst then I do. It's most rebellious when I go outside, my hair is covered outside but this dumb hair wants to show itself and tries to climb out grrr. Another is when i'm cleaning and I have to bend down to clean up a mess,my hair will literally try to throw itself in the mess or in the cleaning product.

Robi-Bird
January 1st, 2018, 09:20 PM
My top layer of hair is the wiriest in my overall wirey and coarse mane so trying to have my waves looking nice without these tough suckers sticky out is interesting work. Too little product, ha ha ha ha. Too much product, ha ha ha. And my nape hairs are the closest thing to fine I have and they are tangly long bastards.

I cannot do a sleek updo. It just will not happen.

Hexen
January 1st, 2018, 09:42 PM
My hair grew out of a rebellious person. Therefore it is rebellious hair.

Hail hair! :toast:

Wavybrunetteuk
January 2nd, 2018, 12:21 AM
I wanted to share the feels with people. I can't be the only one haha.

Beeboo123
January 2nd, 2018, 01:58 AM
My hair does not want to be contained. Hair sticks, forks, claw clips, spin pins, even rubber bands, they never stay on my hair. They all get spat out of my bun, or slide off my braid, and i leave a trail behind me wherever I walk. I wouldn’t have got lost in the woods if I was Hansel or Gretel

GalaMoon
January 2nd, 2018, 04:09 AM
My hair also seems to have a mind of it's own, I actually started seeing it as an individual entity. Half of it is straight (the canopy), half wavy (my underlayers, especially around my hairline and the nape hairs), and I've spent most part of my life wishing it would just make up it's mind. Also, my roots are on the oily side and my ends are always dry. Braiding is a real challenge, the strands just slip right through my fingers and the braids fall apart after an hour or two. I've started accepting it for what it is now, instead of trying to tame it (and fail).

victorian girl
January 2nd, 2018, 04:35 AM
My hair also seems to have a mind of it's own, I actually started seeing it as an individual entity. Half of it is straight (the canopy), half wavy (my underlayers, especially around my hairline and the nape hairs), and I've spent most part of my life wishing it would just make up it's mind. Also, my roots are on the oily side and my ends are always dry. Braiding is a real challenge, the strands just slip right through my fingers and the braids fall apart after an hour or two. I've started accepting it for what it is now, instead of trying to tame it (and fail).

I've even heard people describe their hair as is own entity or person and given it a name HAHA I can relate! I might even give my rebel hair a name.

I've started thinking about the name I could give to my hair, and the only name I came up with instantly is Tatiana. Alexander Pushkin wrote to his friends about Tatiana, the female protagonist of "Eugene Onegin", that she suddenly got married, even though he as an author didn't want her to (quite rebellious!). The only thing is... my name is also Tatiana :) Maybe, that's why my hair is as stubborn as I am - when I want it to fall in nice 3a curls around my face, it's always an epic fail - I get something limpy and not even wavy instead.

Stray_mind
January 2nd, 2018, 05:43 AM
That's basically my hair, but i learned to live with it and just let it do it's thing, hence my Benign neglect practice... I rarely even comb it. :D

lapushka
January 2nd, 2018, 06:23 AM
When it was short to about BSL/waist; oh boy! And when I was a teen and changed textures from 1b/c to 2b/c that was something. It was so poofy that I started to crimp it to keep it in check (it was fashionable at the time too, 80s). And at least I told the poof where to go, without the poof telling me where to go. LOL :lol:

Since it was hip, I could bun it, and so it "behaved" better. I quite like bunning throughout the week. When it's down, oh boy, it is a big thing and a lot to deal with.

And I have 4 cowlicks, each "corner" of my head up top. At least those behave with added length. :)

Zesty
January 2nd, 2018, 09:29 AM
My ends are rebellious. They so rarely lie straight for length pictures! Though I guess it often gives the illusion of a fuller hemline.

Today my hair is super slippery from a light oiling I did last night. Bun feels like it's going to fall out. I have like four spin pins in there! How the heck!

Wavybrunetteuk
January 2nd, 2018, 10:55 AM
I'm still thinking of a name for my rebellious hair. Reading people's posts, it really shows how different everyone's hair really is.

At the end of the day 'imperfections' are actually perfections.

Robi-Bird
January 2nd, 2018, 07:02 PM
I'm still thinking of a name for my rebellious hair. Reading people's posts, it really shows how different everyone's hair really is.

At the end of the day 'imperfections' are actually perfections.

I call my Houdini.

LaLola73
January 2nd, 2018, 08:51 PM
Yep, I have Houdini hair too. Some mornings it does not want to bun, or hold bobby pins. Other times it won't let me close my flexi (that fit fine the day prior). Braids? Ha-ha! Can you say shred at the speed of light?

Cg
January 3rd, 2018, 10:46 AM
.... At the end of the day 'imperfections' are actually perfections.

My imperfections are downright inconsiderate. Almost always when I absolutely must look put together, Houdini hair contravenes.

WildandSeawhite
January 3rd, 2018, 03:11 PM
I can relate to a lot of these comments!

When I was very young, my hair was stick straight. It wouldn’t hold curl no matter how much hairspray was used. Then I got a perm in middle school, and it started to develop some natural wave. In high school, I never wore my hair down, because it always looked so horribly frizzy and unmanageable. I tried cutting it super short, and it was just thick and fluffy.

At SL, I have to blow dry and straighten it or it flips out and bends at odd, unflattering angles. At my current length, I have to let it air dry down or it will stay wet and get these weird bends and kinks. It defies most clips and pins. They tend to just fall out. I’ve learned to just embrace the fact that, unless I use unhealthy heat styling, it always looks a little wild and untidy. Updos with my air dried hair always look messy with a halo of lots of crazy little hairs sticking out everywhere.

The only way that my hair has ever been cooperative is that it lightens very easily with low levels of bleach. :lol:

TatsuOni
January 4th, 2018, 09:07 AM
I have Houdini-hair that always does what it wants and never listens to me. Houdini hair wants to be free and knows what to do to escape any type of updo. If it behaves it just means that it's planning it's next tantrum...

Wavybrunetteuk
January 4th, 2018, 09:45 AM
My imperfections are downright inconsiderate. Almost always when I absolutely must look put together, Houdini hair contravenes.

Unfortunately, after a bad hair day today when I did everything to look after my hair and do TLC, I have to agree with you, because it still decided to frizz right up! My colleagues suggested I should put my hair up T_T you got me this time, hair!

Wavybrunetteuk
January 4th, 2018, 10:09 AM
Got a name for my hair: I played with options such a "Fluffy", "Rainy", etc. I've decided on Gale, maybe, as I never fail to look like I've come out of a gale force wind with my hair! =.=

yahirwaO.o
January 4th, 2018, 06:49 PM
My hair grew out of a rebellious person. Therefore it is rebellious hair.

Hail hair! :toast:

Well you said it just fine. Why my hair has to be any different when I'm not a tamed person at all? :P

My hair is king of slipperiness. All LHC toys my hair simply laughs at them. I can only make them work if I ponytails first which kinda deceives the whole point.

It is also stravy. Not straight enough to lie smoothly not wavy enough to make awesome finger coil waves.

Wash day, It looks like a poofy animal is on top of my head.

Curl? Yeah sure only when I leave in them 2 days all tight up against my head in heatless thing and put some product. At the end of the day when it is revealed its barely wavy.

Buns? Sure only when my hair loaded in products or in greasiness ha ha ha

Braids? Only when wet and again loaded on product or sticks out like a porcupine tail.

Awkward length???? OH MY DEAR LORD. This was the most difficult thing, not long enough to twist, not short enough to leave it down. So my only option for almost this recent year was to cover it and wait for the best.

Still I love my hair, I wouldn't change it and in fact I have embrace almost all its aspects because I'm just grateful for still having it so nice! Usually my hair behaves about Chest lenght so until then I just have to be patient and treat as good as I can!

Dancing Giant
January 9th, 2018, 11:04 AM
My hair has a tendency to just stick up at the back of my head when I slept on it after washing. It is always the same few strands and it is so annoying ... But I hope that this will get better when my hair grows longer.

Trip
January 9th, 2018, 11:45 AM
i tried to do braid waves and had my mom do frenh braids on me then slept in them the most uncomfortable feeling ever. Woke up took it down and just had one giant kink in my hair so theres that