PDA

View Full Version : New hair growth in receeding hairline

Kirin
March 8th, 2008, 09:59 AM
Since LHC has been down, i posted on the bb of a wonderful thing thats been happening to me. I ditched chemical color about 6 or 7 months ago, and use only henna and amla. Though i occassionally use sls shampoo for clarifying, my daily routine has now been to take a daily multi with biotin, wash with queen helene mint julep, and use vo5 condish. I use V7 Hair oil (tea tree, carrot, oilive, sunflower) at night, bbb that through gently, and brush my scalp (it feels great personally). For detangling when wet and during the day for hair fixes, I only use a conair WIDE tooth comb.

With quite some amazement, in my once receeding temples, i had fine babyhairs whorling, which are now an inch long. My "widows peak" in front, which had been gone since my twenties, is returning with light baby hairs (that i notice the second i rinse out henna, OMG hair!).... around my ear fronts, and the back of my neck.

I am absolutely astonished, quite frankly, but wanted to check in with it, that its still going on, and though my hair as a whole seems no different, these new hairs are quite shocking to me.

FrannyG
March 8th, 2008, 11:21 AM
Oh, Kirin, I'm so happy for you! I'm delighted that you found an answer that works. :)

DavidN
March 8th, 2008, 11:27 AM
Hi Kirin, that is wonderful news to hear, and congratulations to you!:)

sibylla
March 8th, 2008, 11:28 AM
I´m happy for you!Have you also been massaging your scalp?I thought that that really could stimulate new growth.

kate46
March 8th, 2008, 11:47 AM
Kirin that is exactly what happened with me too, although I no longer use henna those same baby hairs are now several inches long :) it would be interesting to know if it is down to stopping the chemical dyes or the henna, or a combination of both, whichever, its a pleasure to see them there :D

CurlyNinja
March 8th, 2008, 12:09 PM
That's great news! I'm so happy your hair is coming back in.

redbark
March 8th, 2008, 12:23 PM
That is great news Kirin. It isn't too often that a receding hairline fills up (I wish mine would) so it is truly an achievement!

Do not discount the V7(?) oil either.

Gaelic Girl
March 8th, 2008, 12:48 PM
CONGRATULATIONS, KIRIN!!!! That's wonderful! And thanks for sharing the tips!! I have this problem (minus the dye), so I'm certainly going to give these steps a go!

Tell me, where do you buy the Queen Helene mint julep? Do you go through their site?

Thanks very much, and again, well done!!:D

MissHair
March 8th, 2008, 01:07 PM
I am really really happy for you. I have a terrible receeding hairline too which has been haunting me for over a year now. Congrats!

Kirin
March 8th, 2008, 07:52 PM
The mint julep I get at Sally's, its under three dollars for a 16 ounce concentrate. It has protein (i think) but whatever kind it is doesnt bother my protein sensitive (hateful) hair.

The V7 oil, was something i found in a sample size at a local ethnic hair beauty supply, "Hair Town". I cant find any information on it, except it has Carrot oil, Olive, tea tree, sunflower and an acetate of some nature....... it is the ONLY oil i've found to work on my hair. (smells great too). It was a 99 cent sample bottle (i think it will last me six months) but I think i better stock up before i cant find it again. Its by "natural products, inc." in New York. i cant find any information on it.

I havent been "massaging" my scalp more like brushing, at night only, for a long while but gently and smoothly with a boars bristle brush after i oil, sort of pressing at the scalp. I suppose that might be considered scalp stimulation.

My once exhuberantly oily scalp is now just fine...... not oily, not dry, no itchies, no flakes, nothing. Its a pretty happy head. Granted, i still have hair fall in the shower daily that vexes me, but it might be normal daily shed that now that its getting a little longer i notice, and didnt before.

my hair growth in the once devoid regions isn't overly flourished, but its definately there. It may be from a combination of gentler handling, vitiimins every day (never took one before this), and kicking out a lot of chemicals, and whatnot. Though I am a F/1b, i wish i had MORE hair......... i'll take what i can get.

Wanita
March 8th, 2008, 08:05 PM
New growth is an exciting thing, especially when it's the kind that's filling in areas! :D

Wanderlust
March 8th, 2008, 08:15 PM
I've noticed the same thing happening numerous times when I've stopped using chemical hair dyes. Using the chemical hair dyes pushes my hairline back/out and the longer I go without any scalp applications, the more my hairline will come down again. I'm convinced that chemical hair dyes thin your hair from the scalp as well as from breakage, so I would say it's because of not using hair dyes rather than anything else.

fae
March 8th, 2008, 10:58 PM
Thanks for sharing that information and congratulations!

barbievange
November 11th, 2015, 09:15 PM
Hi, everyone. I noticed that this thread is all about hair growth. I am curious, can you recommend products to use for hair growth not just in the scalp but may also be for facial hair for men. Thanks!

Knifegill
November 11th, 2015, 09:44 PM
Bag Balm applied topically suppresses the hormones in males that cause baldness. It may well stimulate hair growth elsewhere, but the scalp is scientifically confirmed.

Ingrid
November 12th, 2015, 12:26 AM
Congratulations!!! I experienced the same thing after stopping the dye, widow's peak filling in, baby hairs all over :)

Sweets
November 12th, 2015, 03:09 AM
Congrats, that's awesome! I bet that you are getting new baby hair everywhere on your scalp, too! Keep up the good work and happy growing :)

QuirkyCorky
November 12th, 2015, 04:42 AM
I'm thrilled to bits for you! I'm also growing out my hairline, so I understand what a big win this is for you :)

lapushka
November 12th, 2015, 06:45 AM
This thread is from 2008, so remember that when you try and answer the OP. ;)

barbievange
December 2nd, 2015, 09:23 PM
Congratulations to everyone who's starting to grow baby hairs! :)

Ingrid
December 2nd, 2015, 09:49 PM
This thread is from 2008, so remember that when you try and answer the OP. ;)

You never know, they might still be around? :shrug:

barbievange
December 15th, 2015, 12:48 AM
Bag Balm applied topically suppresses the hormones in males that cause baldness. It may well stimulate hair growth elsewhere, but the scalp is scientifically confirmed. Would it work for growing some facial hair?

Wildcat Diva
December 15th, 2015, 09:23 AM
You never know, they might still be around? :shrug:
Last activity April 2, 2014. I am afraid they are not so much.

Bergelmir
December 15th, 2015, 12:49 PM
Daily shed should be a natural matter up to around 50 hairs or so. Peronally, the few times i checked it, i seem to have around 20 hair shedding a day but can vary a lot. But the shedding is usually only affecting the hairs sidewards of my head. Basically the kind of hairs with a very high regrowth rate and usually not a issue on almost any human. The problematic hairs are the one with highest growth phase. Those hairs seems to grow maybe up to 10 years or longer but once they are gone a possible regrowth can become a issue, especially on the front. Hairs with shortest phase may only grow up to 2 to 3 year, so they are not all the same. When a hair is outside active phase they may have lesser vulnerability as the body is prepared for restoring them.

Anyway, congratulation on your new growth, after all those years, maybe 2 decade this is nothing less than amazing and a solid proof that the hairs may still be able to be restored in a very long time.