PDA

View Full Version : Ultra Cheap Sulfate Free Shampoos?

Lizabeth94
December 31st, 2017, 06:46 PM
So I'm having trouble finding sulfate free shampoos. :shrug: The few I have found (mainly online) were on the expensive side, and money is extremely tight. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Also I tend to have oily skin (scalp included), will sulfate free products really work to remove the oil, or will I end up with the greasies/waxies? :rolleyes: Should I just stick with sulfates if I have an oily scalp?

Obsidian
December 31st, 2017, 06:47 PM
What country are you in? If you are in america and get to costco, try the kirkland brand moisturizing shampoo. Its sulfate free and around $11 for 32 oz.

Rebeccalaurenxx
December 31st, 2017, 07:06 PM
It would really help if we knew where in the country you were.
You’re going to get a lot of American brand recommendations.

Lizabeth94
December 31st, 2017, 08:43 PM
I'm in America, on the east coast. :)

Rebeccalaurenxx
December 31st, 2017, 09:38 PM
I think the cheapest sulphate free brands around are probably L’Oréal (they have a whole sulphate free line) or not your mothers naturals line. I really like their curl shampo.
Hask brand is like 5$ and sulphate free but they do contain silicones so personally it didn’t work for me.

akurah
December 31st, 2017, 11:41 PM
Sulfates can sometimes encourage oil production, so it's worth trying to go sulfate free if you are prone to being oily. In cases where sulfates are not encouraging oil production, and you are naturally oily, you may find you dislike sulfate free.

hypersensitive
January 1st, 2018, 02:07 AM
Shampoo bars might be an option!

lapushka
January 1st, 2018, 03:50 AM
Sulfates can sometimes encourage oil production, so it's worth trying to go sulfate free if you are prone to being oily. In cases where sulfates are not encouraging oil production, and you are naturally oily, you may find you dislike sulfate free.

Yes because then it's the other way around almost; for me the sulfates help keep the SD and oil at bay. I got oilier faster with sulfate-free (and of course my SD didn't like it).

Lizabeth94
January 1st, 2018, 01:53 PM
Thanks guys, i will look for the loreal!