PDA

View Full Version : i chopped off my hair! new year, new hair!

azi
December 31st, 2017, 05:58 PM
i've gone from mid-back to chin length! i had many split ends but now, i'm starting fresh! do y'all have any tips on how to maintain fairytale ends? i don't ever want to cut my hair again (not even trims, honestly). my ultimate goal is to be at classic length! can you guys give some suggestions on how i can work towards this? thanks all! much love, happy new year! BLESSED BE!

akurah
December 31st, 2017, 11:39 PM
To maintain fairytale ends?

Start with layers, then leave it alone and hope that your hair doesn't catch up and grow them out into something more even?

My hair doesn't fully fairytale, it's too thick to reaaaaaaaaaaally call it that and be honest. But it does a little bit. I have layers in it starting from... if you exclude my shoulder length or thereabout bangs, I think it's about elbow? (My hair is between tailbone and classic.) They're really subtle, it might be more accurate to call it "a bit more than a u shaped hemline cut" and "a tiny bit less than full on layers".

I like the layers, though. When I hit knee, if I can find a stylist who can follow directions (and who is willing to trim with me standing up, maybe in a chair?), i may get layers again from hip to knee.

lapushka
January 1st, 2018, 04:17 AM
Maintain fairytale ends? If you want them cut in, then yes do go for layers; otherwise just go for a blunt hem and join a no-trimming thread around here and hope for the best. You sound like you welcome the ends. From chin it can take a long long time for hair to start doing that naturally, though, keep that in mind.

Good luck with your fresh new start, and happy growing!

azi
January 1st, 2018, 08:16 AM
thank you both! ^^