PDA

View Full Version : Cassia Buildup

Michiru
December 31st, 2017, 04:22 AM
So I just finished a cassia treatment where I mixed my cassia with warm water and applied to dry hair and let sit for 2 hrs. I'm waiting for it to dry hoping my hair will feel fuller. I did henna 8 years ago and while I did get a pretty red color I just like my natural color more. I did love the thickness henna gave me. I know that I have to keep using cassia because it will wash away. The recommendation is once a month. If I do it every week 5x will it last for 5 months? Or does it just not work that way. I bought 5 packages and 100g was plenty for my thin almost tailbone hair.

young&reckless
December 31st, 2017, 09:14 AM
It lets go after about a month in the same way we think of hair dye fading away. Once a month seems to work for most people, I mix in some henna with mine and go every six weeks.

samanthaa
January 2nd, 2018, 11:43 AM
I don't think it builds up the way that you're hoping. Cassia does give me lovely heaviness and shine, but the results don't really last a whole month for me. Maybe two weeks. If it were me, I'd just re-cassia once I felt the effects wearing off.