PDA

View Full Version : Ficcare clip

2gaits
December 30th, 2017, 10:37 AM
I ordered a new clip. After seeing so many beautiful ones on here and hearing how great they are I had to try one. I ordered a medium size since my hair isn't that long or super thick. I hope it works. I've been able to do a nice peacock twist lately so I think it will work. I ordered a honey marble one and boy they are an investment. Will let you know what I think when I get it.

Suze
December 30th, 2017, 10:54 AM
I hope you will enjoy your clip. You could also post in the Ficcare thread if you like to.:o

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=3005&page=2837

fhairyqueen
December 30th, 2017, 10:56 AM
I was looking at them earlier today after seeing another member post about them
Is it a definite fact that they won’t damage hair?
If so they are more than worth it

Suze
December 30th, 2017, 10:59 AM
For me, they won't damage my hair. BUT I always take them out carefully and check if hairs have folde around the part where the hinge is. Once you get used to doing that there should be no problem. Some people have issues with the teeth of the clip coming loose after some time, so the advice is to store the clip, clipped on to something when you don't use it.

The last clip I bought was a little rough on the edges and I carefully polished it with the smoothest part of a 4-way nail file. For the price of the clips I shouldn't have to do this...Ficcare is lucky people love there clips so much inspite of things like that.

akurah
December 30th, 2017, 11:45 AM
I was looking at them earlier today after seeing another member post about them
Is it a definite fact that they won’t damage hair?
If so they are more than worth it

Depends on your hair. Because they’re metal, they’re very heavy. You might find it actually does damage your hair. Alternatively you might find them incredibly uncomfortable. They don’t damage my hair and are my go-to clip but ymmv.

fhairyqueen
December 30th, 2017, 12:38 PM
Thank you both for your honest answers my hair is very thin and I’m new to caring for it so maybe I should learn a bit more before I start trying out things like this .

Suze
December 30th, 2017, 12:40 PM
Your welcome. If you like the shape of these clips you could try a plastic beak clip first, I did too. To make sure I woukd love a clip like this. They are pricy afterall.:o