PDA

View Full Version : Hairstyles for under ski helmet

Zalicat
December 28th, 2017, 07:34 PM
Hey y'all I'm going skiing in January and was wondering how I should protect my hair because I find it always gets damaged from skiing please help me :( I'm almost apl btw x

lapushka
December 29th, 2017, 05:59 AM
A low ponytail at this length might be the better option.

leayellena
December 29th, 2017, 08:21 AM
Can you Dutch crown braid your hair?
Beebutt bun or cinnabun should work well with your length.
There are a lot of women with English or French braid at the olimpics.

megthehennahead
December 29th, 2017, 03:49 PM
I always did a French braid (or two) for snowmobiling. If you wear a balaclava under your helmet you can leave the ends down in the neck part, which will tickle a little, but it'll let the helmet fit close to your head. Honestly, for the helmet to be able to fit correctly so it can do it's job and protect you, you almost have to do a very, very low ponytail right at the nape of your neck, or an English or French braid. Again, I usually went with a French braid because if you've got any kind of layering or bangs, it'll help keep them contained.

Zalicat
December 30th, 2017, 03:31 AM
A low ponytail at this length might be the better option.

Yeah, I just worry that if it sticks out and flops around in the wind it would cause damage

Zalicat
December 30th, 2017, 03:31 AM
Can you Dutch crown braid your hair?
Beebutt bun or cinnabun should work well with your length.
There are a lot of women with English or French braid at the olimpics.

Haven't had success with a crown braid yet but I'll keep trying- just worry it might not let my helmet fit properly but if I learn how to I'll give it a trial run :)

Zalicat
December 30th, 2017, 03:33 AM
I always did a French braid (or two) for snowmobiling. If you wear a balaclava under your helmet you can leave the ends down in the neck part, which will tickle a little, but it'll let the helmet fit close to your head. Honestly, for the helmet to be able to fit correctly so it can do it's job and protect you, you almost have to do a very, very low ponytail right at the nape of your neck, or an English or French braid. Again, I usually went with a French braid because if you've got any kind of layering or bangs, it'll help keep them contained.

Yeah I think I might try one or two french braids and tuck in the ends, or a dutch braid but the french tend to be flatter which= better helmet fit I think...
Thank you so much everyone also apologise for the multiple replies but I havent worked out how to reply to multiple people at once :(

ladycaladium
December 30th, 2017, 04:48 AM
I always braid, slip on a buff or balaclava and make sure my braid is inside my shirt, like either inside the innermost or second innermost layer. It always stays in and my hair isn't long.

Where are you going skiing?