PDA

View Full Version : Trampoline theory

fhairyqueen
December 28th, 2017, 12:47 PM
My fiancé has this theory about hair growth
i’m going to explain this to you how he explained it to me as it kind of makes sense
Does anyone ever notice when a trampoline is left in one spot the grass underneath is always super long and healthy ?
Well my fiancé always wore a hat (trampoline) and his hair (grass) would grow really fast even in the winter
his theory is that it keeps your scalp warm and protects your hair from the elements as a trampoline sort of does for the grass
what do you think of this ?
i always thought a hat worn almost 24/7 was bad for your hair
im so sorry if this has ever been discussed before but I thought the idea migh interest some of you as it intrigues me

littlestarface
December 28th, 2017, 12:50 PM
I always thought that happened because its being shaded by the sun and the lawn mower cant reach it.

DweamGoiL
December 28th, 2017, 01:09 PM
I know people have seasonal sheds. Keeping a hat on all the time would simulate Winter because of the lack of sun and would most likely result in shedding or some type of delayed growth. I think sunlight stimulates growth. For men, wearing a hat continuously has been linked to hairloss. The good thing is that this is a really easy theory to test. All you have to do is wear a hat with your bun completely contained continuously for a year or two and record your growth.

fhairyqueen
December 28th, 2017, 01:12 PM
Haha I think you’re right and I feel like an idiot I think he’s been having me on and getting away with not mowing ALL the grass each time and I fell for it !!

I always thought that happened because its being shaded by the sun and the lawn mower cant reach it.

lapushka
December 28th, 2017, 01:20 PM
Yep and where the feet and supports are the grass is absolutely ruined. LOL!

I wouldn't compare this to hair growing at all, but it's interesting!

Beeboo123
December 28th, 2017, 01:29 PM
If the grass under the trampoline is long because people don’t walk on it, there’s no breakage. However, I’ve observed that grass under permanent shade shrivels and dries up and does. *shrug* I wouldn’t compre this to hair

fhairyqueen
December 28th, 2017, 02:12 PM
No I wouldn’t either now
I guess in the moment I thought oh wow this is a great theory but in fact it’s not
Please nobody experiment with this
The evidence speaks for itself so many members here have such long beautiful hair and they didn’t go by this theory
I should have thought this through before I started this thread sorry .

lapushka
December 28th, 2017, 02:18 PM
No I wouldn’t either now
I guess in the moment I thought oh wow this is a great theory but in fact it’s not
Please nobody experiment with this
The evidence speaks for itself so many members here have such long beautiful hair and they didn’t go by this theory
I should have thought this through before I started this thread sorry .

It's fine, at least it's something fun to think about! :)