PDA

View Full Version : Need help

brooks
December 28th, 2017, 12:43 PM
I am a boy and i have been growing out my hair for a long time now and my hair length is almost 10 inches. When i am home i just put my hair up in a messy bun or just use my sisters’ hair accessories like hair clips and what not and just put my hair up or i just use hairbands just to push the hair back from my face. But what i have noticed is that when i put my hair up in a messy hun, the top part like scalp area hair stays in the bun but the hair at back of my head falls out loose from the bun every 30mins-1h. So is there any way i can fix this because this woud not looks good when i go outside in public.

lapushka
December 28th, 2017, 01:15 PM
I am a boy and i have been growing out my hair for a long time now and my hair length is almost 10 inches. When i am home i just put my hair up in a messy bun or just use my sisters’ hair accessories like hair clips and what not and just put my hair up or i just use hairbands just to push the hair back from my face. But what i have noticed is that when i put my hair up in a messy hun, the top part like scalp area hair stays in the bun but the hair at back of my head falls out loose from the bun every 30mins-1h. So is there any way i can fix this because this woud not looks good when i go outside in public.

If it falls out at the back that means your hair is still too short, try putting your bun lower on the head, but then your front pieces might come out. It's a patience thing, I'm afraid. :flower: You can use bobby pins to put the back up.

brooks
December 28th, 2017, 05:25 PM
Yes im thinking its still too short. And when i try putting my bun lower, its still doesnt work. But when i put hair in a ponytail, somehow my hair stays in place but i dont know if ponytail is guys thing or girls thing so i dont know if i should wear it outside. And arent bobby pins girls thing?

Lizabeth94
December 28th, 2017, 06:30 PM
Ive seen alot of men, especially bikers, wear ponytails. Get a leather "masculine" looking hairtie.

Lizabeth94
December 28th, 2017, 06:39 PM
Here is a good example, shown on a girl, but would also look good on a guy. https://www.etsy.com/listing/512560909/leather-hair-tie-ribbon-accessory-girl?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=leather%20hair%20tie&ref=sr_gallery_9

brooks
December 28th, 2017, 10:42 PM
Ahh thats sounds like a good idea. Thank you! :)

brooks
December 29th, 2017, 08:07 AM
Does anyone else have any suggestions?

lapushka
December 29th, 2017, 08:33 AM
To tell you the truth, bunning can only be done on longer lengths; 10 inches is quite short in that respect. :flower:

A lot also depends on your thickness. I have iii hair and had to wait to bun until I had hip length. So I wore my hair in a peacock twist when it was still quite short. Maybe try that? You do a lower ponytail, twist it up and set it down with a barrette or claw clip.

yvsa
December 29th, 2017, 08:41 AM
Maybe you can try a half-up. So only the top half of your hair goes in the bun. Looks very good, also on guys.:)

Lady Stardust
December 29th, 2017, 10:09 AM
Could you do a half pulled through ponytail? You make a ponytail in the normal way but instead of pulling the tail the whole way through you catch the ends in the loop.

brooks
December 29th, 2017, 01:05 PM
To tell you the truth, bunning can only be done on longer lengths; 10 inches is quite short in that respect. :flower:

A lot also depends on your thickness. I have iii hair and had to wait to bun until I had hip length. So I wore my hair in a peacock twist when it was still quite short. Maybe try that? You do a lower ponytail, twist it up and set it down with a barrette or claw clip.

Yes indeed 10 inches is small for a bun. And thank you i’ll try that. I dont have a barrette but i do have few claw clips so i hope it works!

brooks
December 29th, 2017, 01:06 PM
Maybe you can try a half-up. So only the top half of your hair goes in the bun. Looks very good, also on guys.:)
Thank you so much for the suggestion! :)

brooks
December 29th, 2017, 01:07 PM
Could you do a half pulled through ponytail? You make a ponytail in the normal way but instead of pulling the tail the whole way through you catch the ends in the loop.

I havent tried that, even my sister suggested me that. Thank you! :)

Reyn127
December 29th, 2017, 01:42 PM
If you're up for it, learning to braid might help keep the shorter ends contained. All it would really take is a few passes of a french braid and it would probably look more sleek. But it is a bit of a hassle to braid if you haven't done it much.

I would also maybe try some small hair clips, like the ones that you bend one direction to open, and bend the other direction to snap closed. They make some with rubber grips, which hold really well, and although they don't disappear like a bobby pin would, they tend to hold better for me, at least.

CreatureBailey
December 29th, 2017, 01:48 PM
Hello. :) Don't worry, I'm sure you'll be able to bun without any hair sticking out before you know it. ^^ How long are you planning to grow?

brooks
December 29th, 2017, 05:21 PM
If you're up for it, learning to braid might help keep the shorter ends contained. All it would really take is a few passes of a french braid and it would probably look more sleek. But it is a bit of a hassle to braid if you haven't done it much.

I would also maybe try some small hair clips, like the ones that you bend one direction to open, and bend the other direction to snap closed. They make some with rubber grips, which hold really well, and although they don't disappear like a bobby pin would, they tend to hold better for me, at least.

Hey, thank you. I never braided my hair but i can get my sisters to help me. And i have the hair clips the one you’re talking about but without the rubber grips.

brooks
December 29th, 2017, 05:22 PM
Hello. :) Don't worry, I'm sure you'll be able to bun without any hair sticking out before you know it. ^^ How long are you planning to grow?
Hopefully ahaha. And im thinking if growing my hair out 15-20inches. :)

brooks
December 30th, 2017, 09:12 PM
Does anyone know if hair oil can help me with my problem?

HaMalka
January 2nd, 2018, 09:00 AM
I have found that hair oil can help control flyaways but that it is not strong enough to hold larger pieces of hair up unless you use a lot of coconut oil and it is really cold so the oil solidifies.