View Full Version : Chopped from Classic to APL, over 14 inches [Pictures before & after!!]

hypersensitive
December 26th, 2017, 10:38 PM
I chopped my hair! I was around classic length and it's now APL length. Measured, it was over 14 inches!

Before going into this, I knew I didn't just want to cut it myself and be done with it like I'd always done when it was time for a trim. I decided to seek a hair salon. I researched all the local businesses in my area and ended up choosing the closest one to me. The hair stylist who did my hair was so experienced and professional, from the consultation, to the cut, and the styling. I think she did a really great job! No horror stories here- only a fantastic experience from start to finish.

My hair now has long layers and almost all of the old highlights got cut out- just some colored tips remain but it actually gives a nice complexity to the hair cut, especially when it's wavy or curled. I love my new hair so much and I have no regrets about the chop. I feel so happy and excited to have "short" hair.

Before
https://i.imgur.com/LYzlNVz.jpg

After
https://i.imgur.com/rlLpHek.jpg

Here is me at the hair salon
https://i.imgur.com/6QJFBhv.jpg

Eastbound&Down
December 26th, 2017, 11:04 PM
It looks very nice, glad you had a nice experience :)

torosaurus
December 26th, 2017, 11:06 PM
Wow! Look at that beautiful shine! Your hair looks great, I’m glad you were happy with the result.

DweamGoiL
December 26th, 2017, 11:16 PM
Looks lovely! :)

diddiedaisy
December 27th, 2017, 01:10 AM
Wow, it looks beautiful, so healthy and shiny looking. You must be very happy :)

Beeboo123
December 27th, 2017, 01:12 AM
Your hair is SO sleek and shiny, at both lengths! Gorgeous

Stray_mind
December 27th, 2017, 01:54 AM
Enjoy the length, your hair looks very nice!

Futurapunzel
December 27th, 2017, 01:54 AM
I love your hair equally in both photos. Congrats on your new cut :)

Sarahlabyrinth
December 27th, 2017, 02:13 AM
Your hair is so beautiful! Enjoy your new length :D

lapushka
December 27th, 2017, 02:58 AM
The most important part is that you're happy with it, and that you have no regrets. Can I ask you why you decided to go so "short"? Other than maybe the highlights bothering you; if they did?

Lanalavallama
December 27th, 2017, 04:12 AM
Wow!

:thudpile:

Gorgeous at classic, gorgeous at APL

Pumpkin3826
December 27th, 2017, 07:42 AM
Oh wow, it looks so beautiful and healthy!!! :o

school of fish
December 27th, 2017, 08:02 AM
Stunningly stunning! I love it!

NightSister
December 27th, 2017, 08:23 AM
Beautiful at both lengths! The remaining highlights add interest :)

Jo Ann
December 27th, 2017, 08:34 AM
Gorgeous before and after shots! I'm happy your're happy!

Suze
December 27th, 2017, 08:37 AM
Looks really beautiful at both lengths!! :crush:

spidermom
December 27th, 2017, 08:43 AM
I love the new cut and am sure you will enjoy it.

yvsa
December 27th, 2017, 08:52 AM
Looks great, and so shiny:sun:.

AmaryllisRed
December 27th, 2017, 10:07 AM
Beautiful! I love it!

Corvana
December 27th, 2017, 02:13 PM
Wow!! Sooo stunning :crush:

Groovy Granny
December 27th, 2017, 02:26 PM
Beautiful ~ I am so happy that YOU are happy with it :thumbsup:

Dendra
December 27th, 2017, 02:37 PM
Gorgeous hair before and after, but the movement in the after picture - wow! Congrats on going for it :)

Raevyngoddess
December 27th, 2017, 02:57 PM
Looks beautiful

hypersensitive
December 28th, 2017, 12:20 AM
Thank you all! You guys are so supportive,
I feel very lucky to be in such a community :flower:

The most important part is that you're happy with it, and that you have no regrets. Can I ask you why you decided to go so "short"? Other than maybe the highlights bothering you; if they did?

It was time for a change. And I was right! - I haven't been so excited about my hair in a long time.

Gorgeous hair before and after, but the movement in the after picture - wow! Congrats on going for it :)

The hair dresser listened to what I wanted and she definitely delivered!

embee
December 28th, 2017, 05:47 AM
Glad you are happy with it, and *very* glad the lady with the scissors listened to you!

DiL just did this a few weeks ago and I miss seeing her long waves of hair, but I'm sure she is happier: full time job, a toddler, a new house, and a baby on the way is a lot to deal with.

lapushka
December 28th, 2017, 08:46 AM
It was time for a change. And I was right! - I haven't been so excited about my hair in a long time.

Oh OK. :) That's for sure a good thing! :D

marvel-lover
December 28th, 2017, 08:53 AM
That's so pretty! I'm glad you love it!

Xan
December 28th, 2017, 10:23 AM
Looks lovely before and after, I'm a little more partial to the before pic, but as long as you love it that's what counts. You can always grow it back if you choose that's the good thing about hair.lol

Nyrak
December 28th, 2017, 11:44 AM
It turned out lovely!

*Wednesday*
December 28th, 2017, 12:36 PM
Your new style is adorable. From my point, I love your long hair in your siggy. I'm prejudicial.😌

GrowingOut
December 28th, 2017, 01:09 PM
Your hair is just thudworthy!! :D That cut looks super cute! :D

Xan
December 29th, 2017, 12:20 AM
Love your length hope to get there at classic now, but I think I want floor.lol

hypersensitive
December 29th, 2017, 10:26 PM
Looks lovely before and after, I'm a little more partial to the before pic, but as long as you love it that's what counts. You can always grow it back if you choose that's the good thing about hair.lol

Your new style is adorable. From my point, I love your long hair in your siggy. I'm prejudicial.��

Yes I love the look of long hair! It was very lovely but I didn't like it on ME anymore. I really love what I have now. And I can always grow it back, I know it can get there!

Dark40
December 30th, 2017, 05:39 PM
Your hair looks beautiful at all lengths! But I do have to tell you that the first photo with the longest length isn't classic. It's tailbone length. Classic length goes under your buttcheeks. I know classic length is different on others but I've always known that classic length is under your buttcheeks.

Dark40
December 30th, 2017, 05:41 PM
Love your length hope to get there at classic now, but I think I want floor.lol

Yeah, I know the feeling! I want mine ankle length. Which is not too far from the floor.lol

hypersensitive
December 30th, 2017, 06:01 PM
Whoops! You are right! I can't believe no one has caught that!! Ugh I'm sorry. I definitely meant tailbone.