PDA

View Full Version : For those who grew CL -> WL+, how long did it take you?

WantingWL
December 26th, 2017, 09:19 PM
Hello!!! ^^ As the title says, I'm wondering how long it took you?

Context: I'm yearning for my hair length 3 years ago so I'm planning on growing my hair to WL (30" (I have a short torso)) and I'm at about CL (10" all around) right now. I've grown out my pixie to a bob over the last 8 months (which was a painful process I will never ever repeat no matter how cute pixies are). I'm not prone to split ends at all so I think I'm trying the method of benign neglect trim-wise until I get to WL. ( I think the last time I did something like this was 5th->8th grade where it went jaw-length to waist due to forgetting about it sans a few inches here and there but unfortunately I'm a little older now :lol: )

Gem
December 26th, 2017, 10:17 PM
It took me about 3 1/2 years, I think. I had two small trims during that time.

diddiedaisy
December 27th, 2017, 01:21 AM
Took me about 31/2 years as well, but I cut off more than I kept during that time. I suppose it will be depend on how fast your hair grows and how much you need to trim during that time :)

longmane
December 27th, 2017, 01:45 AM
If CL means collar bone length, it took me around 1 year and 9 months to get from collar bone to waist.

valkyrie90
December 27th, 2017, 02:21 AM
if CL means chin length then it took me 22 months . But I'm so short just 5"1.

Arciela
December 27th, 2017, 02:37 AM
Mine took about a year and a half :flower:

lapushka
December 27th, 2017, 02:55 AM
It takes several people different time lengths. The best idea would be to measure on yourself, in inches, then multiply that number by 2 for the N° of months it will take you.

It's not that hard to do, and you'll have the true figure! :) :flower:

leayellena
December 27th, 2017, 05:46 AM
From chin length to collarbone length took like 8 months. But I have a short neck so...
From collarbone to waist length it took 3.5 years. I am now at full hip length after another half a year.
Notice I don't know exactly how much time it took to grow my hair because I didn't care before I found LHC

Stray_mind
December 27th, 2017, 05:48 AM
I grew from a little below CL to hip length in Three years, but i am only 5"3, so my milestones are close to eachother :D

I used to do the monthly length photo projects and one stripe of my shirt was abut an inch in width,my hair usually covered one stripe in a month.

WantingWL
December 27th, 2017, 10:24 AM
Thank you all :)

bparnell75
December 27th, 2017, 04:01 PM
It took me about three years to get past APL but then I just started concentrating on hair toys instead of obsessing so much about my hair length next thing I knew it was past my waist at hip and now I'm at Classic. It's been 7 years now

Norcalhiker
December 27th, 2017, 07:25 PM
In July 2015, my hair was cut in a chin length bob. It’s now waist length even after cutting is at least twice during the past 18 months. Each cut took off 1 1/2” - 2” in length.

I find I get nearly an inch of growth per month if I eat right and take supplements. This also keeps my hair from falling out.

Protein: at least 80 grams protein per day. A mix of animal and vegetable proteins. Examples of animal proteins I eat are: chicken, ground turkey, eggs, salmon, kefir, yogurt, and whole milk. Vegetable protein includes tofu, quinoa, peas, chickpeas, and lentils.

I use a food tracker similar to My Fitness Pal to track my protein intake.

Supplements:

Biotin: 10 mg per day

Folic acid: 800 mcg per day

Marine collagen: 2000 mg per day

Vitamin D3: 20,000 mg per day ( I take high dose to treat psoriasis, but my doctor tells me a standard dose should be at least 1000 mg per day)

Active B12: 3000 mcg per day

Vitamin B6: 400 mcg per day

Alissalocks
December 27th, 2017, 07:36 PM
Like lapushka said, you can calculate your time using her method to find the time for your own growth.

Mine was chin length (~14") to waist+ (~34") in 4 years, but I trimmed heavily early on and didn't get serious about growing until I landed on LHC (~28").

rosey4exclaim
December 27th, 2017, 10:43 PM
I don't remember how long it took me to get to waist, but I'm hovering between hip and tailbone, and it's been 2 years, 8 months since it was at my collarbone. I'm 5'3.5" though.

Mega Moose
December 28th, 2017, 02:47 PM
Let's see... I had collarbone length hair in July of 2015 when I last chopped it off. My hair is solidly waist length now, with the longest layers being more like hip. So, like nearly 30 months if I counted correctly (no guarantees on that, it's been a long day :)). I'm also short though.

Dark40
December 28th, 2017, 07:56 PM
When my hair was chine length it took me 7 years to reach WL. I'm short at 5ft 1", and there were times when I would trim off more than I really needed to. But now, I only trim once or twice a year. I'm on the, "No Trim Challenge."

Andthetalltrees
December 28th, 2017, 11:25 PM
I started growing from chin length April of last year, I've had one 1/2" trim and now I'm +/- two inches away from waist(29"), I'm guessing I'll be waist around my 2nd year anniversary . But I'm not the best thing to be compared to, I have very fast growing hair and I'm rather short.