PDA

View Full Version : Oily scalp remedies for color-treated hair?

Curlsgirl
October 29th, 2008, 07:15 AM
I have NEVER had an oily scalp before. Now even right after I wash my hair with an SLS shampoo it's still oily and I have tried several kinds. I don't apply conditioner or any other products to my scalp. I am thinking it's because I am not getting base color anymore but only highlight touchups so it is a lot healthier there. However, I hate that it seems dirty much faster. I have to use a shampoo for color treated hair though so anyone have any ideas to help with this???

Dolly
October 29th, 2008, 07:28 AM
Sounds like the same problem I use to have. I could wash my hair in the morning and it would be a greaseball by the evening. Seems that I was stripping my scalp with the SLS shampoo, causing it to produce even MORE oil.

I went to CO and after a few weeks of gross hair, my scalp stopped producing so much oil. Now I no longer have the problem.

Curlsgirl
October 29th, 2008, 07:55 AM
Sounds like the same problem I use to have. I could wash my hair in the morning and it would be a greaseball by the evening. Seems that I was stripping my scalp with the SLS shampoo, causing it to produce even MORE oil.

I went to CO and after a few weeks of gross hair, my scalp stopped producing so much oil. Now I no longer have the problem.

I have pretty much always used the shampoo with sulfates and never had this problem but it could be because it's less dry on the scalp now. I have tried CO several times for extended periods but it just didn't do well with my hair, made it limp and less curly. Also I hated waiting the time it took for it to "work".