PDA

View Full Version : I need your opinion on my hair! Helpp

StartingFrom0
December 21st, 2017, 03:16 PM
Hello everyone ! :) New Year's is getting close and I really don't want my hair to look the way it does anymore! I need a change and I don't know what to do. Many colors are mixed because of henna and the result is really bad. I have shades of brown and red which I hate and don't suit me at all! How would you fix this hair ? :(

Note :
* Black / Red hair doesn't suit me.
*Lighter soft blonde or light brown tones suit me.
*I want to make a change (like a balayage or ombre idk?) that will make my existing hair look prettier but help me grow out my natural hair color from the roots which is light brown without having to constantly keep up
* I don't want damage :(
* I have bangs

Any ideas ??
http://i63.tinypic.com/33pajb7.jpg

lapushka
December 21st, 2017, 03:31 PM
You know what I see?

I see a *beautiful* head of hair, and I think the color variations *contribute* to the beauty of it. Girl, that is some gorgeous hair you've got. I wouldn't feel sad about it either.

Are there updo styles you can perhaps experiment with for the festivities? Maybe we can help you out?

lostchyld
December 21st, 2017, 03:48 PM
I agree that you have a beautiful head of hair and I wouldn't change anything.

However, I totally get being bored with your hair. Setting aside the fact that my recent boredom and frustration with my hair resulted in semi-permanent dk teal on already damaged bleached blonde, I'm going to advise against the unnatural colors because they're a PITA to get rid of later when you're bored with your hair again.

I do think a different style would help. I adore French braids and braiding in all directions. My favorite way to shake things up when my hair is long is to do an upside down french braid with a bun at the crown.

Maybe cut in some different layers, although that's a permanent-ish thing that you would have to grow out later, however, it can add some and make your existing color changes blend better.

MotherofJames
December 21st, 2017, 03:54 PM
Oh wow. You have beautiful hair . Lots of women would give anything to have that hair. If I had that, I wouldn’t touch it at all. You are very lucky . Once it’s super long , it will be stunning. But it won’t get super long, if you damage it any time soon. If your bored and don’t want henna, perhaps try a Vegetable Dye like Directions, Adore, or manic panic. I would say no to any type of bleach on those beautiful strands

Nique1202
December 21st, 2017, 03:54 PM
Many colors are mixed because of henna
*I want to make a change that will help me grow out my natural hair color from the roots which is light brown without having to constantly keep up
* I don't want damage :(

Any ideas ??

I've snipped your post down to the three key elements I want to address here: it's unlikely that any one treatment can fix the multiple colours, especially if henna was involved, without melting your hair. Some people have been able to remove henna from hair, but many have ended up with the hair either being chemically melted by the bleach, or being so fragile afterward that it breaks at the least provocation. There is no way to remove colour from hair without some kind of damage. You can get deposit-only dyes, but they will darken the hair and make your roots stand out more.

The best bet is just to stop all colour treatments now, and let your hair grow out. I don't see a huge difference in colour between your length and your roots anyway, so it will probably just grow out looking fairly natural or at least less noticeable to others even if you still see it. Also, consider maintaining your current length with frequent trims until you've grown out all the old colour, or figuring out what level you'd have to cut to to eliminate the worst of the colour differences that you notice.

I hope you find a solution that you can live with until you love your hair again. :blossom:

lapushka
December 21st, 2017, 04:04 PM
The best bet is just to stop all colour treatments now, and let your hair grow out. I don't see a huge difference in colour between your length and your roots anyway, so it will probably just grow out looking fairly natural or at least less noticeable to others even if you still see it. Also, consider maintaining your current length with frequent trims until you've grown out all the old colour, or figuring out what level you'd have to cut to to eliminate the worst of the colour differences that you notice.

I hope you find a solution that you can live with until you love your hair again. :blossom:

That's exactly what I noticed, there doesn't happen to be a line of demarcation, which is *perfect* for growing it all out. Like Nique said, getting it out any other way might *severely* damage your hair, and you'll be stuck with even worse things!!! Trust me. I have had my hair chemically melt off and the dye burn my scalp (for which I needed the doctor and a cortisone lotion). I was also trying to get my henna out!

I hope you can start to like your hair somewhat, because trust us when we say it is very pretty! :flower:

Groovy Granny
December 21st, 2017, 04:37 PM
I agree with all the above :agree:

It is beautiful....so bling it up, learn new styles, micro trim away the color, put it up and forget it for a while as your natural color grows in :cheer:

*Wednesday*
December 21st, 2017, 05:03 PM
Your hair is gorgeous. It looks very healthy.

Dark40
December 21st, 2017, 05:11 PM
You have a gorgeous head of hair! I don't see anything wrong with the color at all. It looks very healthy!

Jo Ann
December 21st, 2017, 06:55 PM
Back in the day, I grew out dark auburn (L'Oreal Preference 4R, to be precise). I just let it grow out, letting the color oxidize (it eventually turned reddish blonde) and it looked pretty good with my natural dark ash blonde hair. Almost 30 years ago, people didn't call it an "ombre," but let's just say I was ahead of the times :)

I would do as has been suggested--let it grow out and give yourself microtrims to maintain the length and let the dye/henna grow out. It's healthier for that totally awesome head of hair you currently have and Mother Nature and the Sun should take care of granting you an ombre that will be equally awesome! To be honest, your hair is healthier and in better condition than mine was when I grew out the dye, your mane shows you've taken excellent care of it. The color, also to be honest, looks like you spent a lot of time outside this past summer, with the shading and highlights.

It would be a shame to cut all that healthy hair off or worse--damage it trying to counteract the dye and henna in a vain attempt to match your natural color.

2gaits
December 21st, 2017, 07:09 PM
I think there are plenty of people that would love to have your hair. It looks beautiful in the picture. Maybe try some different styles like others have suggested.

Obsidian
December 21st, 2017, 07:09 PM
Is it the contrast between the ashy roots and the warmer ends you are disliking the most?

You could get a blue or violet toner to make the red bits more ashy.

Head over to YouTube and lookup toning orange or brassy hair. You can see what kind of results toning can give.

Anje
December 21st, 2017, 07:17 PM
I think your hair looks lovely, but if you need a change that you can live with later, I suggest dip-dyeing the last couple inches. If there's no indigo, you could even bleach them first and make them a really intense color like pink or blue. I suggest this because you won't have to deal with root growth, you can re-color them with a non-damaging direct dye when it fades, you can hide or show them as you wish, and you only lose that last damaged couple inches of you decide you don't like it anymore and want to cut.

By contrast, bayalage or a real ombre will affect much more of your length, and you'll be stuck with the effects much longer or will have to cut a great deal more if you want to get rid of it.

Lizabeth94
December 21st, 2017, 07:36 PM
The color looks gorgeous and rich! I would just let it grow, and you will end up with a natural looking ombre. There is no harsh line between your roots and the length. Maybe just experiment with some new updos?

Rhoward
December 22nd, 2017, 12:32 AM
I think your hair looks beautiful, but if you want to change it and make it more uniform without any upkeep you could try direct dyes (adore or similar) or colour deposit shampoo and treatments to use when you wash your hair. It will look and feel 'done' without having to really commit to anything or do any damage

Sarahlabyrinth
December 22nd, 2017, 02:22 AM
Wow, your hair is so beautiful just the way it is :)

acanofyams
December 22nd, 2017, 05:16 AM
Bleaching over henna will give you unpredictable results.

Pumpkin3826
December 22nd, 2017, 08:14 AM
I think your hair looks lovely! I think you should just focus on taking good care of it with oils and helping it grow long and strong and your natural color will grow in eventually. I know it is hard to quit coloring cold turkey but sometimes that is what needs to happen now to help you have the hair you want in the future. I used to hate my hair color and would always color it but since starting my long hair growth journey I have not colored and my natural color grew on me.. ;) Pun intended.

DweamGoiL
December 22nd, 2017, 08:54 AM
I have to also say you hair is sooooo pretty and healthy. Maybe putting it up for the holidays in cute braids and knots would quell your anxieties and give you time to just enjoy the holidays without worrying about your hair color.