PDA

View Full Version : WO, anyone?

florenonite
March 22nd, 2008, 08:25 AM
I'm thinking of trying to draw out the length of time between washes by doing some WO washes, and was wondering if anyone had any directions on how to do it, or any suggestions. I attempted one and my hair looked greasier when it dried than it had before the wash (although it felt nice ^_^), so I think I may have done something wrong. I BBBed it before washing then using warm then cool water massaged my scalp, although not for very long.

TIA

freznow
March 22nd, 2008, 10:23 AM
It may just need time to adjust. When I WO'd, it was pretty iffy what the results would be the first few times.

Another thing... BBBs always make my hair greasy looking and then it stays greasy looking for a while. Perhaps it's not best to use a BBB prior and just do the massage.

florenonite
March 22nd, 2008, 10:32 AM
Hmm, I wouldn't have thought it would look greasy after washing if it hadn't before, though, even if it does need to adjust.

I'll try it without the BBB, though, and see what happens.

Meli
March 22nd, 2008, 04:29 PM
Do you use cones? They are not water soluble and could mess it up with WO-washes. I did this mistake myself at first, because I missed the cones when I checked the products I used before... :silly: My hair looked greasy as well after WO - even though it didn't before the wash. Since I clarified I have not had any problems with WO.

florenonite
March 25th, 2008, 02:44 PM
Meli: I have been using cones, though I bought a cone-free poo and conditioner to try cone-free the other day, and will clarify tomorrow and thenceforth be cone-free and try out WO after that. Thanks for the info!

ETA: This makes me wonder, I used to go to a camp that was big on canoe-tripping, and teenagers went on at least a two week trip (I did two weeks when I was 14, three when I was 15 and six when I was 16). Anyway, we were all WO during this time, and I never really gave much thought as to factors affecting people's transition. I actually never even transitioned until the summer I was tripping for six weeks, even though I didn't use cones in the city then (didn't condition). Now I wonder if the people who had harsher transition periods used more cones than the ones who didn't. It would be interesting to check everyone's hair products before going on a trip, but my friends would probably think I was crazy ^_^ (I'm not, really!).

I was also wondering if anyone had the WO article from the old LHC saved anywhere as I would like to reread it if I could.