PDA

View Full Version : 2 years of curly hair growth

longmane
December 18th, 2017, 11:19 PM
This is the day I cut it.

Some pictures I just took.

longmane
December 18th, 2017, 11:21 PM
Are the pictures showing? I did few practices on the testing threads and it was working.

CreatureBailey
December 18th, 2017, 11:42 PM
Are the pictures showing? I did few practices on the testing threads and it was working.

Yeah they are. That's some very nice growth! ^_^

komodo
December 18th, 2017, 11:50 PM
That bob was super cute! And your hair is just as cute now!

dvep
December 18th, 2017, 11:51 PM
Wow! Your progress has been amazing and your hair looks so good!

LadyCelestina
December 19th, 2017, 12:28 AM
STUNNING :thud:

Both hair and growth!

Zalicat
December 19th, 2017, 01:02 AM
Looks amazing! Great job being so patient

Beeboo123
December 19th, 2017, 01:27 AM
Your hair grows quickly. You have really great curl definition

Sarahlabyrinth
December 19th, 2017, 01:38 AM
WOW :thudpile: such beautiful hair!

Raevyngoddess
December 19th, 2017, 01:44 AM
Awesome growth, love your curls.

longmane
December 19th, 2017, 02:37 AM
Thank you all :o :o

Chocowalnut
December 19th, 2017, 02:50 AM
Wow you grew all of that in 2 years? Beautiful.

Beckstar
December 19th, 2017, 03:42 AM
Beautiful.

Borgessa
December 19th, 2017, 03:47 AM
Your hair is simply beautiful.

Stray_mind
December 19th, 2017, 04:03 AM
Wow that's a big progress! Your hair is beautiful.

lapushka
December 19th, 2017, 04:10 AM
That is absolutely my dream hair; you have such gorgeous curls, and that is amazing growth in 2 years, amazing! :)

Congratulations!

& Happy growing!

TatsuOni
December 19th, 2017, 04:21 AM
Great growth and beautiful hair! :)

OhSuzi
December 19th, 2017, 04:35 AM
those are some beautiful curls & impressed with how much it grew in 2 years!

Jo Ann
December 19th, 2017, 05:49 AM
Longmane, you've learned some GREAT lessons!

Your hair looks amazing! Great curl definition, well-moisturized (the length and lack of frizz REALLY showcase your efforts!) and it appears to have more shine/sheen to it than your "Before" picture! Your hair is downright enviable, and you should be proud of it--truly a crowning glory!

Suze
December 19th, 2017, 06:07 AM
Such beautiful hair and amazing progress. Really like your avatar picture too!

lithostoic
December 19th, 2017, 07:05 AM
So pretty! I cut my hair from BSL to just past CBL that same day! You've made great progress.

diddiedaisy
December 19th, 2017, 08:40 AM
Gorgeous gorgeous coily curls!!! You’ve grown really long in two years taking into account shrinkage. Congratulations :)

lapushka
December 19th, 2017, 10:08 AM
"longmane" for real, right. ;) :D :thumbsup:

Lanalavallama
December 19th, 2017, 10:18 AM
Beautiful hair and fantastic growth.

school of fish
December 19th, 2017, 10:56 AM
I LOVE your curls!!! Looks like you've figured out what your hair likes and are meeting its needs beautifully - well done!! :D

Groovy Granny
December 19th, 2017, 10:58 AM
Congrats...that is just beautiful :love:

Dendra
December 19th, 2017, 11:00 AM
All your pictures are lovely, the fullness of the bob, as well as the amazing definition of your curls in the final pic! Keep going you're doing great :toast:

Guitargod
December 19th, 2017, 11:08 AM
Those are really some beautiful curls.

hayheadsbird
December 19th, 2017, 11:50 AM
Your hair is incredibly beautiful. Stunning curls! I'd give you a thud but I'm Mobile and don't know how to do that from my phone!

Lizabeth94
December 19th, 2017, 12:49 PM
It looks very long and healthy! You clearly take very good care of your hair! And the curls look so well defined. :thudpile:

NightSister
December 19th, 2017, 01:10 PM
Incredible!!!! :applause I just love how shiny and defined each curl is!

longmane
December 19th, 2017, 02:09 PM
"longmane" for real, right. ;) :D :thumbsup:

I sound so self-concieted :blushing: :blushing: compared to the breath taking lengths I have seen here. A long mane is what I'm hoping for :D

longmane
December 19th, 2017, 02:20 PM
Thank you all, I feel flattered :o :o

MotherofJames
December 19th, 2017, 02:58 PM
Wow!! you got some amazing growth! I love your curls too! Congratulations!!

lucid
December 19th, 2017, 04:10 PM
Such gorgeous hair, and very impressive growth as well!

lapushka
December 19th, 2017, 04:20 PM
I sound sound so self-concieted :blushing: :blushing: compared to the breath taking lengths I have seen here. A long mane is what I'm hoping for :D

Oh no you don't! It's what you're striving for and that's nothing to be ashamed of, surely. :) :flower: Besides, I think you're succeeding in that goal pretty well already! :D

Anje
December 19th, 2017, 05:01 PM
That's impressive length gain, especially since you know the curls are hiding a lot of growth in their coils! It's looking great, too! What is it when stretched, waist?

longmane
December 19th, 2017, 06:09 PM
That's impressive length gain, especially since you know the curls are hiding a lot of growth in their coils! It's looking great, too! What is it when stretched, waist?

Yes, it stretches to waist :)

Flowerness
December 19th, 2017, 06:47 PM
Wow. Just... Wow! You have such beautiful hair! Lovely!

garner
December 19th, 2017, 07:56 PM
Longmane, You did a fantastic job. Your hair is gorgeous!!! To what do you attribute your growth to? What types of products did you use? Finger detangle vs wide tooth comb v Denman, etc? Please share. :)

CindyOfTheOaks
December 19th, 2017, 08:14 PM
A lot of growth !
You have beautiful hair :)

longmane
December 19th, 2017, 10:10 PM
Longmane, You did a fantastic job. Your hair is gorgeous!!! To what do you attribute your growth to? What types of products did you use? Finger detangle vs wide tooth comb v Denman, etc? Please share. :)

Thank you :) There was lot of trial and error for the first year but I think I have my routine set for the rest of hair growing.

The products I use are:

>OGX argon oil of morocco shampoo
> Conditioner Tresemme botanique nourish& replenish
> I detangle with wide tooth comb. I tried a denman brush once, it was almost ripping through my hair so I don't like it. I think finger detangling is good but it is too time consuming for me and I feel like it doesn't remove tangles and shed hair thoroughly like a wide tooth comb would do.

I believe the key contributions to my growth are: detangling before I shampoo, stretching and shea butter

I hope that was helpful garner. What is your routine and how's your hair growing journey? I'd love to hear about :)

garner
December 20th, 2017, 12:25 PM
Thank you so much for replying. I had my first chop in May 2010 and it grew past my buttocks, using somewhat your same technique...shampoo, deep condition, condition, and LOC method using shea butter as cream. (Giovanni products, Blensblend conditioner and hair butter were used). I styled in braids and protective styles. Henna every 6-8 wks.

Unfortunately I got off track and started using shampoo bars which for me the pH was too high, neglected moisture/protein balance and straightened to obtain a straight trim. Due to the damage incurred 6 inches were chopped with permission and I decided to start over. This occurred in July of this year. I know smh...

I am now prepooing with Coconut oil/Suave or V-O5, shampooing with Calia naturals, DC with Shea-Moisture, Giovanni, conditioning with Blensblend and using her hair butter. I will continue to Henna as before and use protein as needed. I do not plan to straighten, however I will trim as needed.

I have spent far too much money to chase something that I already had. I plan to eliminate some products I have placed in the product grave and 2018 will be my year of regaining what I lost.

Your regimen is so encouraging and one thing I have learned is what works for some will not work for all. Thank you so much for answering and being so thorough. I love seeing the triumphs of others as it encourages me more. :)