PDA

View Full Version : Where is classic?

CreatureBailey
December 17th, 2017, 06:27 PM
I thought I read that classic lenght is officially past the crotch, from the front and back. Not the buttocks. Some people are more "flat" and some have bigger butts. But that shouldnt change wether or not they reached classic, or else its unfair for people withbigger butts cause its more difficult. Also if you type in "hair length chart" on google image all of the charts we see none of the classic mark is below the bum. Its like in the middle or not yet the bottom. And at the front its at the crotch. Also ive heard its at the middle of the body. My hair is past my crotch, and past the mid of my body. But not past my bum cause its naturally toned. Im sorry for all the tmi but this is one confusing milestone lol! I just want to know if I reached it or not after all. :P

school of fish
December 17th, 2017, 07:12 PM
The 'classic' LHC definition of classic is at the break of leg, where the bottom of the bum meets the top of the thigh :)

And you're right - the differing heights/body proportions/sizes/etc. mean that classic length will fall differently on each individual. That may not seem fair, but life isn't always fair ;) Some of us will have a longer road to a certain milestone, whether by body proportion, growth rate, curl pattern, what-have-you... bemoaning the relative 'fairness' of any of those factors feels like misplaced energy to me, when there's really nothing that can be done to change them.

Personally, I also feel like so many of these milestones are somewhat subjective anyway. If you feel you're there, call it proudly :D There isn't a governing body anywhere who's going to call you out if you're off by a hair :p

spidermom
December 17th, 2017, 08:33 PM
I agree with junction between bottom of bottom and top of thighs.

AZDesertRose
December 17th, 2017, 09:05 PM
If the milestones went by the front of the body, I'd have to be in the mid-thigh/knee range in the back to be anywhere near classic in the front! :laugh:

I always understood "classic length" to mean "the point at which the bottom of the buttock meets the leg," or in other words, just long enough that one can sit on the ends. (Not that it's a great idea to sit on one's ends--that way lies mechanical damage for me!--just that one can.)

Corvana
December 17th, 2017, 10:34 PM
The 'classic' LHC definition of classic is at the break of leg, where the bottom of the bum meets the top of the thigh :)

And you're right - the differing heights/body proportions/sizes/etc. mean that classic length will fall differently on each individual. That may not seem fair, but life isn't always fair ;) Some of us will have a longer road to a certain milestone, whether by body proportion, growth rate, curl pattern, what-have-you... bemoaning the relative 'fairness' of any of those factors feels like misplaced energy to me, when there's really nothing that can be done to change them.

Personally, I also feel like so many of these milestones are somewhat subjective anyway. If you feel you're there, call it proudly :D There isn't a governing body anywhere who's going to call you out if you're off by a hair :p

Also going by the front is unfair to those with large chests or tummies!

Beeboo123
December 18th, 2017, 12:35 AM
Classic is where the butt crease is. Like what Corvana said, some people have large busts or bellies, going by your logic, that would be “unfair” for them too. It’s also “unfair” for taller people, or long torsoed. Hey, body markers are what they are. If the relative “unfairness” annoys you, then just go by the length of your hair according to the measuring tape. That measurement is objective.

CreatureBailey
December 18th, 2017, 02:21 AM
https://www.google.ca/search?newwindow=1&hl=fr&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1455&bih=699&ei=J4g3WpLhJMvWjwTciJXgDQ&q=hair+length+chart&oq=hair+&gs_l=img.3.0.35i39k1l2j0l6j0i10k1j0.52315.53597.0. 55031.8.8.0.0.0.0.167.718.0j5.5.0....0...1ac.1.64. img..3.5.707.0...0.f6Dsp6DjOeA#imgrc=wFkKDExBsuM19 M:

MidnightMoon
December 18th, 2017, 06:29 AM
I agree with previous definitions.
As a bearer of a big butt myself, I don't really care if it takes me longer than someone who's flat. It's not like my hair will be shorter or anything, plus, one might argue I will make it quicker to knee than someone on whom classic is higher up, as now I will have less space to cover :lol:

embee
December 18th, 2017, 06:34 AM
When I was able to sit on the ends of my hair I called Classic. No idea how many inches that is, never measured it.

That said, I was astonished when it happened, had not been thinking about length at all, but sat down and - hey!!! :)

Beeboo123
December 18th, 2017, 08:24 AM
https://www.google.ca/search?newwindow=1&hl=fr&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1455&bih=699&ei=J4g3WpLhJMvWjwTciJXgDQ&q=hair+length+chart&oq=hair+&gs_l=img.3.0.35i39k1l2j0l6j0i10k1j0.52315.53597.0. 55031.8.8.0.0.0.0.167.718.0j5.5.0....0...1ac.1.64. img..3.5.707.0...0.f6Dsp6DjOeA#imgrc=wFkKDExBsuM19 M:

You asked us for our definition of classic length, so far all the posters have defined it as hair that has reached the gluteal crease. Go ahead and call your hair classic length if you like, no one is going to tell you it is not, there’s no hair police to stop you. Likewise, we call it when our hair is able to cover our butts.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/6e/e2/92/6ee29207d6e43127df1588bb9912f8b9--hair-length-chart-hair-length-guide.jpg

You could choose to follow this chart and call it hip length, no one would stop you either

Anje
December 18th, 2017, 08:40 AM
Yeah, I go with the crease or bottom of the rear. And as someone with a bubble-butt, I feel your pain -- it's about thumb-tip on me. But it's also longer for the long-torsoed than for folks like me who can literally go BSL-Waist-Hip in a year due to being short through there. Body markers vary, and you can always use a tape measure if you want to reflect the absolute length instead of its relative position on you.

CreatureBailey
December 18th, 2017, 09:38 AM
My hair is past my bum where you guys say, but only when i stretch it and bring it there with my hand. Or else it naturally goes and sit on my butt. Plus it's thin so there's not a lot of weight to make it fall down on me...

school of fish
December 18th, 2017, 09:58 AM
My hair is past my bum where you guys say, but only when i stretch it and bring it there with my hand. Or else it naturally goes and sit on my butt. Plus it's thin so there's not a lot of weight to make it fall down on me...

Then it's up to you to decide if enough of your strands reach that point for you to be comfortable calling it, or whether you'd prefer to wait until it reaches unstretched or a larger proportion of strands reach. The choice is YOURS, not anyone else's, and whatever choice you make will be the right one :)

Some people claim a milestone stretched and then again unstretched, some people claim it brushing and then again solid, some people claim early and some late. There's no 'officially correct' way to do this - you get to decide what is correct for yourself, and it WILL be different than someone else's correct. There's nothing wrong with that :)

Claiming a milestone should be a pleasure, not cause anxiety :)

CreatureBailey
December 18th, 2017, 10:38 AM
Then it's up to you to decide if enough of your strands reach that point for you to be comfortable calling it, or whether you'd prefer to wait until it reaches unstretched or a larger proportion of strands reach. The choice is YOURS, not anyone else's, and whatever choice you make will be the right one :)

Some people claim a milestone stretched and then again unstretched, some people claim it brushing and then again solid, some people claim early and some late. There's no 'officially correct' way to do this - you get to decide what is correct for yourself, and it WILL be different than someone else's correct. There's nothing wrong with that :)

Claiming a milestone should be a pleasure, not cause anxiety :)

I'm getting freaking tired of waiting imma tell you :uhh:

school of fish
December 18th, 2017, 10:49 AM
I'm getting freaking tired of waiting imma tell you :uhh:

Haha, I hear you on that! I've been microtrimming out my layers and damage for over 3 years now and see at *least* another year of same ahead of me... ;)

ETA: have you seen the mini-milestone thread? Some of us, myself included, use it to break up the longer waits and celebrate mini-achievements along the way. I've found it helpful not only to break up my own long wait, but also as a reality check to remind myself that others are on a long path as well ;) Helps me tough it out, haha!

CreatureBailey
December 18th, 2017, 10:51 AM
I'm sorry guys if I've been cranky/upset these days but yeah that's just how I've been feeling :( I try to tell myself ''come on, you've been waiting for lengths before and you eventually reached them and each and every single time you looked back at these times you were waiting you're so happy cause you're past it'' and ''it's gonna happen again, one day you'll be really far and all this waiting will be a memory, just like the rest'' but... Meehhhh :cry::sad

Dark40
December 18th, 2017, 11:01 AM
I also agree with the previous definitions. Classic is right under the bottom of your buns. Or, right at the top of your thighs.

MlleMC
December 18th, 2017, 11:06 AM
If the milestones went by the front of the body, I'd have to be in the mid-thigh/knee range in the back to be anywhere near classic in the front! :laugh:

I always understood "classic length" to mean "the point at which the bottom of the buttock meets the leg," or in other words, just long enough that one can sit on the ends. (Not that it's a great idea to sit on one's ends--that way lies mechanical damage for me!--just that one can.)

That's interesting. I could sit on my ends long before I actually reached classic length (somewhere around tailbone).

MidnightMoon
December 18th, 2017, 11:08 AM
That's interesting. I could sit on my ends long before I actually reached classic length (somewhere around tailbone).

I think it depends on one's butt size, or torso, don't really know :p
I'm right at tailbone when standing up and when I sit my ends are quite far away/no risk of me sitting on them
I estimate I will only be able to sit on the very ends by the time I reach classic

Beeboo123
December 18th, 2017, 03:54 PM
I'm sorry guys if I've been cranky/upset these days but yeah that's just how I've been feeling :( I try to tell myself ''come on, you've been waiting for lengths before and you eventually reached them and each and every single time you looked back at these times you were waiting you're so happy cause you're past it'' and ''it's gonna happen again, one day you'll be really far and all this waiting will be a memory, just like the rest'' but... Meehhhh :cry::sad

Aw we get it =[ the closer you are to a milestone, the longer it seems to take to reach it. You’ll get there real soon! And if calling it classic stretched makes you feel happy, just do it! You’re so close and will be there in a couple of months unstretched anyway!

lapushka
December 18th, 2017, 04:21 PM

Yep me too. I'm between TBL & classic and just recently started sitting on it.

CindyOfTheOaks
December 18th, 2017, 05:04 PM
Well I don't know about anyone else...but classic for me keeps getting farther away each day due to age and sag :lol:
I should really start working out and tighten up (raise) those gluts !

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dark40
December 18th, 2017, 05:49 PM
Yep me too. I'm between TBL & classic and just recently started sitting on it.

Wow, you are so lucky to be sitting on your hair these days! I wish that I could be sitting on mine now. Well, I'm very glad I've reached WL during the end of September this year! But I'm ready to make a new milestone now!

Zesty
December 18th, 2017, 05:51 PM
I think it depends on one's butt size, or torso, don't really know :p
I'm right at tailbone when standing up and when I sit my ends are quite far away/no risk of me sitting on them
I estimate I will only be able to sit on the very ends by the time I reach classic

Yeah I don't know if I sit funny or what but most of my butt seems to be behind me rather than underneath me when I'm sitting. I'm pretty well-endowed back there tho. I'm pretty sure I'll have to be "can I call this classic?" if not solid classic, before I'll sit on my hair.

Don't you love talking about our butts? :lol:

JadedByEntropy
December 18th, 2017, 10:16 PM
There is a huge shift in the way you treat your hair once you are PAST classic. there becomes a tail you brush out of the way when you sit down. These natural inklings begin when you reach classic, like, you understand sitting and chairs cause a lot of damage and start trying to prepare for it because now you have to. I reached classic a few times, because of starting at the gym again. i grew a muscle butt since the last time my hair was this long so now 47" is no longer fingertip. and knee is crazy far away now. but my point was its a length where its super confusing until you are there, and then you just know that you are.

CreatureBailey
December 18th, 2017, 11:33 PM
I think I'll wait 2 more inches, that's what me and my best friend established while looking at it. My party will be postponed a bit...but when I celebrate I'll really be thrilled. I did reach half of my body tho so now I know that if I want my hair to be let's say to my ankles, my growth journey is half-way done. o.O

erebus
December 19th, 2017, 02:02 AM
Any definition that is made relative to the body will be different for everyone. If someone is half a foot shorter than someone else they might reach classic faster even if they have a big bottom. I think this applies to every milestone, but of course it's exacerbated when your hair is super long.

CreatureBailey
December 19th, 2017, 09:22 AM
Hey guys. I say 5 cm more and then I'm there. How long should that take?

school of fish
December 19th, 2017, 09:29 AM
Hey guys. I say 5 cm more and then I'm there. How long should that take?

Depends ;) Do you know your average monthly growth? Mine is 1/2" per month, like clockwork - so for me 2"/5cm would be 4 months. Thing is, we all have our own individual growth rates... 1/2" per month is the general average across the population but there's a pretty large amount of variance amongst individuals.

If you know your monthly growth rate, you can estimate tour gain with reasonable accuracy - if you don't know it, I suppose this could be a great opportunity to learn it! :D

Aredhel
December 19th, 2017, 09:53 AM

Same here. I am very chesty, so getting to classic measuring from the front would take an eternity for me. ;)

lapushka
December 19th, 2017, 10:00 AM
Depends ;) Do you know your average monthly growth? Mine is 1/2" per month, like clockwork - so for me 2"/5cm would be 4 months. Thing is, we all have our own individual growth rates... 1/2" per month is the general average across the population but there's a pretty large amount of variance amongst individuals.

If you know your monthly growth rate, you can estimate tour gain with reasonable accuracy - if you don't know it, I suppose this could be a great opportunity to learn it! :D

Yeah, I'd guesstimate 4 months too. Hair grows like about 1.2 cm a month or 1/2 inches.

CreatureBailey
December 19th, 2017, 10:16 AM
Yeah, I'd guesstimate 4 months too. Hair grows like about 1.2 cm a month or 1/2 inches.

Mmh. Classic by Easter.

I'll buy a rabbit plush and call him the Classic Bunny. :blossom:

Anje
December 19th, 2017, 12:25 PM
Mine's growing super slow right now, for whatever reason. I'm blaming the darkness! But it grows in fits and starts generally, and comes out a bit ahead of average over the course of a year. If you're similar, it's harder to predict when you'll hit a milestone, but that doesn't mean you won't.

CreatureBailey
December 19th, 2017, 07:45 PM
Mine's growing super slow right now, for whatever reason. I'm blaming the darkness! But it grows in fits and starts generally, and comes out a bit ahead of average over the course of a year. If you're similar, it's harder to predict when you'll hit a milestone, but that doesn't mean you won't.

I massage my scalp every day and currently doing the inversion method. Giving it an extra boost. :bluebiggr