PDA

View Full Version : long hair addiction

Xan
December 16th, 2017, 12:35 AM
I know I want to go as long as I can get may be from this site and you people.lol I just love it almost classic now and somewhat healthy. Saw a lady shopping with close to knee length. just reinforces my need for super long hair knee /ankle hope to be there so awesome and I Thought waist would be goal. lol not a chance got to go all the way. Who is with me.

Futurapunzel
December 16th, 2017, 01:15 AM
Yep this is me.. The longer it gets the longer I want it! My initial goal was waist and I've just reached it when wet/stretched. Now I won't settle for anything less than tailbone, classic is a distant dream and I very much doubt I'll stop there! I can't imagine ever cutting my hair more than a microtrim. Happy growing :)

Sarahlabyrinth
December 16th, 2017, 02:05 AM
LHC-itis is catching! I have a case of it myself :)

Katrina
December 16th, 2017, 07:36 AM
This is me too :D

lapushka
December 16th, 2017, 07:49 AM
It's very well-known around here, that once you get here on this forum, you suddenly find yourself aspiring to longer lengths. ;)

Jo Ann
December 16th, 2017, 08:04 AM
When I was in my early teens, this was one of my inspirations:

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8669/16360582499_2bd7edede6.jpg

Now I'm about to pass the longest hair in this advertisement!

Onward and downward!

Serimel
December 16th, 2017, 08:18 AM
I'm with you guys, all the way! :)

EdG
December 16th, 2017, 08:45 AM
I was in the "longer is better" camp for many years until my genetics decided otherwise. Now, I settle for "long is good". :)
Ed

school of fish
December 16th, 2017, 09:07 AM
I was in the "longer is better" camp for many years until my genetics decided otherwise. Now, I settle for "long is good". :)
Ed

I like this very much^^ :)

I'm 'addicted' to my current length but I don't want for more. I don't feel the same drive as others to go as long as possible (although I'm very supportive of anyone who feels that drive for more)... but for myself, I'm fully enjoying the satisfaction that comes with being exactly where I want to be.

Although I wouldn't want for more, at the same time I am very much attached to the length I have and wouldn't want for less either ;)

lapushka
December 16th, 2017, 09:38 AM

Onward and downward!

IDK, it looks like the middle one could actually be a wig. :confused: :eye:

Jo Ann
December 16th, 2017, 10:06 AM
I had a friend in high school who had CL hair and her hair acted like that whenever the wind blew. Who knows?

Sarahlabyrinth
December 16th, 2017, 12:00 PM
That exact photo is in my George Michael book on long hair care.

Rebeccalaurenxx
December 16th, 2017, 02:30 PM

Onward and downward!

I love this picture ! Lol

Simsy
December 16th, 2017, 05:43 PM
Ed

I’m in the “too lazy/busy to cut” camp myself. But yeah, long is definetly good.

*Wednesday*
December 20th, 2017, 11:02 AM
IDK, it looks like the middle one could actually be a wig. :confused: :eye:

It's blowing in the wind too perfect with no separation in the hemlime. Unless they used a photo enhancer to clean it up. The other two girls hair is not blowing at all.

erebus
December 20th, 2017, 04:34 PM

Onward and downward!

That hair looks amazingly thick to me :O

bparnell75
December 20th, 2017, 04:51 PM
I think I may have reached terminal for me. It is just bearly classic, but so thin it seems not to be growing any longer. I lose the long hairs every day so much that I wonder how I could have any left.

Pumpkin3826
December 21st, 2017, 07:40 AM
When I first started growing my hair I thought I would be so happy to just get to mid back, but now that I am at BCL I am getting greedy and want to go to terminal! Lol. Funny how what you once thought would be your goal length can seem so short once you achieve it. Such a vicious little cycle. :thud:

*Wednesday*
December 21st, 2017, 09:29 AM
I think I may have reached terminal for me. It is just bearly classic, but so thin it seems not to be growing any longer. I lose the long hairs every day so much that I wonder how I could have any left.

Are you saying your hair is thin, or just the ends? If it is the ends, it maybe just be hairs that are not yet as long. It is normal to lose hair daily. I’ve often wondered about the canopy of my head, it seems it does not grow as long as other parts of the hair. Not sure if it’s possible but seems so.

hayheadsbird
December 21st, 2017, 09:36 AM
When I first started growing my hair I thought I would be so happy to just get to mid back, but now that I am at BCL I am getting greedy and want to go to terminal! Lol. Funny how what you once thought would be your goal length can seem so short once you achieve it. Such a vicious little cycle. :thud:

Totally agree!
My first goal was waist, I thought it would feel long then. Now I'm there bur it doesn't feel that long at all. Next stop classic, even if it's going to be 18 months at least to get there.

DweamGoiL
December 21st, 2017, 10:20 AM
I am in the minority here, but I had BCL hair and it was heavy and a drag to wash and keep nice so I cut back to WL and basically keep it anywhere between that and HL, but I am working on thickening up my length after a sloppy self-haircut last year. I will say that over the years, my hair was much thicker. With age, I am definitely finding my overall thickness decreasing, but I still like having long hair so I don't intend to cut it as long as I can care for it.

As far as terminal, I never let it grow all the way out, but once it gets to around CL, it starts to only grow on one side so I would think that I may be able to do around upper thigh, but it won't be much more than that if I was so inclined.

Groovy Granny
December 21st, 2017, 11:42 AM
I am in the minority here, but I had BCL hair and it was heavy and a drag to wash and keep nice so I cut back to WL and basically keep it anywhere between that and HL, but I am working on thickening up my length after a sloppy self-haircut last year. I will say that over the years, my hair was much thicker. With age, I am definitely finding my overall thickness decreasing, but I still like having long hair so I don't intend to cut it as long as I can care for it.

As far as terminal, I never let it grow all the way out, but once it gets to around CL, it starts to only grow on one side so I would think that I may be able to do around upper thigh, but it won't be much more than that if I was so inclined.

I am also with you...for most of the same reasons too re: care and comfort :hifive:

Waist/hip is my sweet spot....having reached TBL before I know it is too long for me.... just above hip is perfect for comfort/care/styling :cheer:

Dark40
December 21st, 2017, 05:19 PM
Yes, that's me too!

Groovy Granny
December 21st, 2017, 09:17 PM
I should say that if my age and circumstances were different...I'd be longer for sure; classic and beyond is such an amazing look :crush:

DweamGoiL
December 22nd, 2017, 09:22 AM
I should say that if my age and circumstances were different...I'd be longer for sure; classic and beyond is such an amazing look :crush:

Totally agree with you on this, too!

Xan
December 23rd, 2017, 04:08 AM
Totally agree with you on this, too!

Come on ladies you know you want it longer lets grow age is a number,lol

vpatt
December 23rd, 2017, 07:51 AM
My hair is only at waist stretched and it looks so short to me, lol. Waist was my first major goal, but I hope I will reach at least solid hip to tailbone. I might be happy at classic. I'm not sure I would want more length than that. But I'm totally loving looking at photos of all those who want longer lengths. My growth does seem to be slowing down or perhaps my splits are breaking and causing the issue...not sure.

Arctic
December 23rd, 2017, 08:17 AM
I got the LHCtitis when I was a new member. When I joined LHC I recall my definition of long hair (on me) was probably APL-BSL. Then I noticed I had started to dream of waist then hip... but then I changed my mind, cut my hair and reverted back to my pre-LHC hair goals. I have been happy this way. The longest my hair was, was at upper BSL (top pf bra band), and currently I am again pretty close to that length. Now I want to reach full BSL though, just to break my record. I am sure there will be many short hair cuts in my future though, as I have found out I am not really longing for length the same way many of our members do. I like all kinds and lengths of hair, both on myself and on others.

vpatt
December 23rd, 2017, 08:33 AM
I got the LHCtitis when I was a new member. When I joined LHC I recall my definition of long hair (on me) was probably APL-BSL. Then I noticed I had started to dream of waist then hip... but then I changed my mind, cut my hair and reverted back to my pre-LHC hair goals. I have been happy this way. The longest my hair was, was at upper BSL (top pf bra band), and currently I am again pretty close to that length. Now I want to reach full BSL though, just to break my record. I am sure there will be many short hair cuts in my future though, as I have found out I am not really longing for length the same way many of our members do. I like all kinds and lengths of hair, both on myself and on others.

I love your shiny sleek hair! Mine does not do that. And then there is the spider web issue, lol. But yours.... I have always admired the shine.

Arctic
December 23rd, 2017, 09:21 AM
I love your shiny sleek hair! Mine does not do that. And then there is the spider web issue, lol. But yours.... I have always admired the shine.

Thank you! I remember having the spiderwebby hair when my hair was still F, on that regard thicker strands are easier. Your hair looks so soft and voluminous, you can be very happy with it!

Alissalocks
December 23rd, 2017, 09:41 AM
It's hard not to want for more length when you see so many glorious, ultra long manes around here :cloud9: but like many, I started out wanting Hip/TBL and now want Classic/FTL but we will see what my hair decides, ultimately.

It is now the longest and healthiest it's been in over 15 years, thanks to LHC knowledge. But it's "only" creeping up on hip length, and never feels thaaaaaat long. :/

vpatt
December 23rd, 2017, 10:03 AM
Thank you! I remember having the spiderwebby hair when my hair was still F, on that regard thicker strands are easier. Your hair looks so soft and voluminous, you can be very happy with it!

Aw, thank you!

DweamGoiL
December 23rd, 2017, 10:20 AM
Come on ladies you know you want it longer lets grow age is a number,lol

For me, it's important to have a thick hemline. If you can start to see through the hemline, I would not be happy with added length. It's all about what makes you happy. I am not limiting my growth because of age, but because of ease of care for myself and my own lifestyle. I work in an office and I need to keep a certain image. But most of all, if I don't enjoy it, then why do it?

school of fish
December 23rd, 2017, 11:46 AM

A little off-topic, but this is really interesting to me - a first-person account from someone who has experienced both fine and medium textures at different stages and noted how the spider-silky quality seems to go with the finer texture...

I certainly know the cobwebby tangling! Have had it all my life :) I've recently been able to tweak my routine a bit to reduce it, so that's been a good discovery.

Back to topic (a bit, haha) - I suspect the cobweb hair is a pretty big reason why I wish to grow no longer. Too much length makes handling too much of a pain, and that kind of kills the fun of it for me ;) I want to enjoy my hair :)

Arctic
December 24th, 2017, 04:43 AM
A little off-topic, but this is really interesting to me - a first-person account from someone who has experienced both fine and medium textures at different stages and noted how the spider-silky quality seems to go with the finer texture...

I certainly know the cobwebby tangling! Have had it all my life :) I've recently been able to tweak my routine a bit to reduce it, so that's been a good discovery.

Back to topic (a bit, haha) - I suspect the cobweb hair is a pretty big reason why I wish to grow no longer. Too much length makes handling too much of a pain, and that kind of kills the fun of it for me ;) I want to enjoy my hair :)

Maybe there are other factors too, but yes based on my own experience cobwebby and fine go together. It's not like I wouldn't have tangling now, though, but it's different kind.

What did you learn to reduce cobwebbing? I'm sure many people want to know!

My own tagliness currently seems to be caused by multitextured hair and by a shampoo I rely on to keep my scalp healthy. I think it's the protein in it. I only need to wash few times with other, non-protein shampoos to see a clear difference in tangliness, and I wish I could find a shampoo to permanently replace the old one.

Sorry about highjacking the thread further!

Addy
December 24th, 2017, 06:40 AM
I want classic length hair! I think I'm a year from achieving it and I wouldn't say I'm obsessed for it but very excited to achieving it. I don't think I've ever been classic length. I do however, remember my aunt with classic length hair and I loved it so much on her. I posted on my FB not long ago that I looked in the mirror and saw my Auntie in myself with the way I looked and the color of my hair in comparison to hers. It was a good feeling. I have to keep it up for work so my hemline is pretty thick. I'll be trimming soon.

school of fish
December 24th, 2017, 07:00 AM

What did you learn to reduce cobwebbing? I'm sure many people want to know!

I'll start a new thread about it :D Probably in a couple of days once we're on the other side of the Christmas festivities ;)

Arctic
December 24th, 2017, 07:27 AM
I'll start a new thread about it :D Probably in a couple of days once we're on the other side of the Christmas festivities ;)

Great idea! Have a good christmas!

vpatt
December 24th, 2017, 10:12 AM

I hope I don't miss it!!

Cg
December 24th, 2017, 05:20 PM
For me, it's important to have a thick hemline. If you can start to see through the hemline, I would not be happy with added length. It's all about what makes you happy. I am not limiting my growth because of age, but because of ease of care for myself and my own lifestyle. I work in an office and I need to keep a certain image. But most of all, if I don't enjoy it, then why do it?

I like this. I recently trimmed mine back a bit more than usual bc it's starting to get unwieldy (cobwebby tangles, winter static) as it approaches classic. When I joined here I wanted to see how long it would grow with a blunt hemline, but I really do like it as is now.

Beeboo123
December 24th, 2017, 10:27 PM
“Cobwebs”- YES! So there is a term for how my hair tangles! I get these every time I put my hair in a bun or braid, and results in SO much breakage when I try to comb down through it, whether gently with my fingers or wide toothed comb. The only way I can reduce breakage is to slowly separate the hairs horizontally =\ Please teach me how to reduce cobwebs!

Groovy Granny
December 24th, 2017, 10:45 PM
COBWEBS....yes, exactly....especially when braiding.

I am interested as well :popcorn:

Hexen
December 25th, 2017, 12:19 AM
I think I like the idea of an addiction in which the support group congregates to actually support, the addiction.

Im beginning to value even more my occasional dose of LHC.

Xan
December 25th, 2017, 12:32 AM
I think I like the idea of an addiction in which the support group congregates to actually support, the addiction.

Im beginning to value even more my occasional dose of LHC.
That's the spirit what's your goal?

Hexen
December 25th, 2017, 01:11 AM
That's the spirit what's your goal?

Oh gosh...I apologize for what will no doubt be a blatantly novice response, but I think you may have asked me a question that requires a more fluent knowledge of this regional tongue.

My goal of mid butt to mid thigh, or whatever that is referred to, is one that sometimes seems out of reach though. I sit at maybe between waist and hip currently, and my hair just doesn't seem to grow any longer. Ive heard of benign neglect here...but maybe ive become too benign. I stated in the the new years thread that i think I need to adhere to a more stringent regimen of moisturizing and care for my ends (including trims) as well as attention to sleeping while loose. But, I also I have this syndrome, that haircuts of any kind are bad, even though I know they're not. This concept may very well be an example of what ive known for a long time to be a naturally pervasive one of sacrifice/cutting back...yielding prosperity..and growth.

zashin66
December 25th, 2017, 09:33 AM
Here's hoping to a new year of hair growing.

We are all hair gardeners

:misskim::waving::flowers:

alimc
December 26th, 2017, 01:27 PM
I’m with the rest of you addicts! I havent cut my hair (from pixie) in nearly two years, and am excited to see how long i can go... i never liked going to the hairdressers anyways! Here’s to a happy new longhairyear..... :bottomsup:

Dark40
December 26th, 2017, 04:26 PM
It's hard not to want for more length when you see so many glorious, ultra long manes around here :cloud9: but like many, I started out wanting Hip/TBL and now want Classic/FTL but we will see what my hair decides, ultimately.

It is now the longest and healthiest it's been in over 15 years, thanks to LHC knowledge. But it's "only" creeping up on hip length, and never feels thaaaaaat long. :/

Yeah, I know the feeling! My hair is still at waist length, and it still doesn't feel like it's that long. It still feels like it's Bra Strap Length. But I know that it's growing. You are so lucky to be creeping at hip length now! Congratulations! :) My hair is also it's healthiest since I've joined LHC back in 2010.