PDA

View Full Version : Nioxin?

callebest
December 13th, 2017, 09:38 AM
Hi. Just wondering does nioxin really work to give fuller thicker hair? Can it cause hair loss?

girlwithsixarms
December 13th, 2017, 10:17 AM
I used Nioxin years ago and found that it didn't do much for me

Agnieszka
December 13th, 2017, 02:39 PM
It didn't do much for me either but it's a great scalp cleanser. I've been using it for about a year. Nioxin 2 for fine, noticeable thinning, natural hair.

Cherriezzzzz
December 13th, 2017, 03:24 PM
It did thicken my husband's thinner hair, but he used the whole treatment regimen. Shampoo, conditioner, and scalp treatment. He loved it. And I can "second" his scalp felt wonderful! We got older, had a few kids, and he went to further education, so he eventually dropped the expensive hair stuff in favor of more family friendly spending of funds.

Reservechic
December 13th, 2017, 06:41 PM
I've tried quite a number of products from Nioxin, always hoping that they would provide really great results for me. Instead, that never happened for me at all. I will admit that the thinning of hair in some spots on my head is due to my scalp eczema which had become super severe, which I currently receive laser scalp therapy eczema treatments for and UV therapy for as well, within my dermatologist office. For hair care products, I mainly use all natural products within my regimen. I do choose to use products with a lot of Ayurvedic ingredients in them, because that works best for both my hair and scalp, versus using products with a whole lot of chemicals in them. I have also given up shampoo and only practice the no-poo method at this time as well. The harsher the product, the more inflamed it actually makes my scalp, which causes really bad problems with my scalp eczema and the seborrheic dermatitis that I also deal with on my face as well.

If you do choose to try Nioxin, definitely find a retailer that allows you to bring the products back for a refund or exchange whether they have been used or not. I don't know if you have a local Walmart Supercenter near you, where they have a salon inside near the front of the store, but that is where I purchased my Nioxin products from. They normally run good sales on Nioxin products during this time of year, so you should be able to get a Nioxin hair care kit, for a really decent price.