PDA

View Full Version : I have found the hair I want!!

Blondieee
December 11th, 2017, 01:48 AM
I am 100% sure! This is what I want. Is this her natural hair or extensions? I can't tell. My hair used to be this thick so it might be real. Either way I want it. I did want blonde but now I want brown again. Sorry I changed my mind again 😐 I'm sure this time though! I'm wanting maybe just a slight bit lighter than her hair in this video but still a dark brown.

Is this attainable for me? A picture of my hair is on my profile. The curls in my pic are curling iron curls that the stylist created. But I want curls like Jana has in this video. Everytime I show a picture like this with beachy waves and everytime I get something pretty but different. How do I get these kinds of curls? I know heat is damaging and all that, but I'm choosing the heat over the bleach. I just want my hair to be this thick again (I have health problems for those of you who don't know) and this curly and a similar color.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0e0detkCdDE

alimc
December 11th, 2017, 02:19 AM
She has some gorgeous hair! It looks pretty natural to me, just styled well to look thicker? Tbh that looks like a pretty good goal to aim for, it looks healthy and natural... :heartbeat

Think you might have just found me a goal too..... :bottomsup:

lapushka
December 11th, 2017, 04:32 AM
Patience and a good semi permanent? I think it's better than bleach, for sure! I think it's far easier to obtain than bleach blonde is. If your hair is blonde (and I think it is), you might need a red filler before brown dye, but your stylist should know all that.

spidermom
December 11th, 2017, 06:40 AM
She has gorgeous hair for sure. There are YouTube videos on how to do beachy waves. You start near your scalp, wrapping a strand of hair around a curling iron. You don't wrap all the way to the end.

Sarahlabyrinth
December 11th, 2017, 06:55 AM
I worry that you will damage your hair, trying to get this.

Arciela
December 11th, 2017, 07:10 AM
I worry that you will damage your hair, trying to get this.

Same here. I just wash my hair and it looks like this until next wash..so when my sister saw that, she wanted it, however her hair is straight and fine...so she bought a beach wave heat styling tool and has used it so much that her hair has become so damaged she recently had to cut it all :(

Kat
December 11th, 2017, 07:11 AM
I don't see why not. Did your hair hold the curls in your profile picture? They are, IMO, probably close to this already, after a little separation (closer to the wavier parts on your right side than the curlier ones on your left) and with a tiny bit more body, I'd say you can do it. And on my monitor it doesn't look like you would have to darken your hair too much, either.

MidnightMoon
December 11th, 2017, 08:15 AM
Hers looks like an ombre from dark brown to some light ashy brown. Your hair seems to be a lighter brown, but doesn't look like too much work.
I wouldn't call her hair thick :confused:
To get the waves I would guess curling+spray or gel to hold waves+a bit of combing should do it. You should do some experimentation, of course...
The thing is, if you want uniform waves that look put together you will most likely have to use at least a bit of heat and products, because even with wavy or curly hair, it usually doesn't look the same (less uniform waves, more frizz, etc.). If you don't mind the damage+maintenance...

Now if you want my unrequested opinion... I really don't see anything attractive or particular about her hair. Everyone and their mom either has or has had an ombre, done on brown hair, this approximate length and hair style. If I saw your natural hair with a nice hair toy or clip I would probably appreciate it more than if I saw this woman in the street from the back. I understand everyone has their taste, and people don't really always make decisions based just on what other people will think, but I really wouldn't pay to get this look and add myself to the 82945085 ladies who sport it.

poli
December 11th, 2017, 09:24 AM
I think youtube's Kayley Melissa has styles and tutorials for you - like this (https://youtu.be/CAYfsU-jkc8), she uses heat but talks alot about how to protect the hair and she makes tutorials for heatless waves too.

BTW Blondieee I think your colour is really pretty :)

MusicalSpoons
December 11th, 2017, 09:43 AM
Straight up, I'm going to be totally honest and say I honestly have no clue whether your hair could look like that. However I think your hair in the pic on your profile looks lovely!

I've read some of your other posts and I really do feel for you - it must be so frustrating to not be happy with your hair and have a load of factors outside of your control all adding to your frustration. Really, truly, my entirely unsolicited advice would be to try to get your health sorted, your hair's health will follow, and only then will you be in the best position to work out what you want from your hair and how to go about it. I honestly think that after spending some time here, you may learn to love the hair you have, especially as it becomes healthier. And if you don't, you will have had long enough to really properly decide what you want, and you may find tips on how to go about it in the least damaging way for your hair.

I hope I'm not out of line here, just I've been through years of frustrations with my own hair - it was never light enough, thick enough, wavy enough, had enough volume, etc. etc. etc.! I was never brave enough to try to do anything about it, so my hair never suffered from it, but over the years the same thoughts and insecurities would pop up over and over again, and it wasn't until after some time lurking here that I learned to love and appreciate my own hair for what it is. So I kind of understand to a degree, and just wanted to present another perspective in case it may help *hugs* :flower:

lapushka
December 11th, 2017, 09:58 AM
Straight up, I'm going to be totally honest and say I honestly have no clue whether your hair could look like that. However I think your hair in the pic on your profile looks lovely!

I've read some of your other posts and I really do feel for you - it must be so frustrating to not be happy with your hair and have a load of factors outside of your control all adding to your frustration. Really, truly, my entirely unsolicited advice would be to try to get your health sorted, your hair's health will follow, and only then will you be in the best position to work out what you want from your hair and how to go about it. I honestly think that after spending some time here, you may learn to love the hair you have, especially as it becomes healthier. And if you don't, you will have had long enough to really properly decide what you want, and you may find tips on how to go about it in the least damaging way for your hair.

I agree with that, totally! :D Your hair looks lovely, why want celebrity hair, when you've got perfectly pretty hair to start with! :)

I hope I'm not out of line here, just I've been through years of frustrations with my own hair - it was never light enough, thick enough, wavy enough, had enough volume, etc. etc. etc.! I was never brave enough to try to do anything about it, so my hair never suffered from it, but over the years the same thoughts and insecurities would pop up over and over again, and it wasn't until after some time lurking here that I learned to love and appreciate my own hair for what it is. So I kind of understand to a degree, and just wanted to present another perspective in case it may help *hugs* :flower:

Same here. I also dyed my hair to bits. I was also never content with what I had, until I got bad damage (chemical cut & burn), and boy did that bring me back down to earth.

But sometimes it doesn't matter what people say (and some might even get angry with us for saying it), and you have to experience it yourself. It's sometimes a process one needs to go through. :flower:

Deborah
December 11th, 2017, 11:04 AM
I think your own hair is just as pretty as hers, without any change needed. You can use rollers or many other things to put a little curl in your hair without risking heat damage.

I hope you can begin to see and appreciate the beauty of your own hair. One day I hope to see you write "I have found the hair I want, and it has been growing on my own head all this time!!!" :flower:

Alex Lou
December 11th, 2017, 11:29 AM
Imo, Blondieee, your natural color is prettier than hers. But if you want her color, I'd think it would be easily achievable. I would not do permanent color, so that as your roots grow in, the color is also fading (making your roots less noticeable) and you don't have to go to the salon as often.

You might give heatless curls a try and if they don't work out the way you want, then start on the curling iron tutorials. Here's a tutorial for sock bun curls: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-A_2ht81Fg
I used to love doing sock bun waves when my hair was shorter.

I bet your hair can look a lot like Jana Kramer's once it grows in thick again. In the meantime, love your hair for what it is. It's beautiful!

lucid
December 11th, 2017, 12:08 PM
I do not think the hair in the video looks natural. It looks heavily styled, and it most definitely is. Look at how her hair moves in the wind, and you can tell her hair is full of products.

I'm not saying it looks bad or anything, just that it requires work to achieve, especially for people with straight (or curly) hair. This style is probably obtainable for almost anyone by having the right stylist do their hair. :p

The reason I'm saying this is that I feel you may have an unrealistic idea of what constitutes pretty hair. The fasion industry and media presents an unrealistic beauty image - models and artists often spend hours having a team do hair and makeup, retouching every little flaw either on set or later in Photoshop. I may be wrong, but I just wanted to put it out there.

I think her hair looks much better in a couple if the "not so styled" videos, she has very pretty hair :)

Raevyngoddess
December 11th, 2017, 07:33 PM
I love her hair

OhSuzi
December 12th, 2017, 04:57 AM
There's probably a forum on here somewhere about waves n curls with no heat.
1. Let your hair dry naturally it might have a bit of a natural wave in it any way
2. If youre near the beach, dip it in the sea & then let it dry naturally - can't argue that thats not a beachy style how ever it ends up.
3. Try tshirt plopping method
4. Try scrunching your hair to encourage any natural wave / curl & let it dry naturally / cold air with diffuser on hair dryer
5. Plait your hair whilst damp / nearly dry, sleep in it - next day, once dry take em out - lovely braid waves
6. Twist your hair whilst mildy damp & if long enough keep twisting it into a bun, if its not long enough for a bun twist fat sections into ropey ringletty snakes - let it dry, take out & brush through waves with fingers
7. You can get sea salt spray which will help give a beachy wave style and make your waves a bit more 'piecey'

Looking at that lady in the vid she'll have had some mega stylist bung all kinds of products in her hair then either use old fashioned curlers or heat tong it with a big fat curling iron then brush it all through & then bung more product on it. Unless you have a stylist to hand & are prepared to get your hair wrecked for the sake of having it look nice a few times - Id try the above.

Rhoward
December 12th, 2017, 03:19 PM
Honestly (and please don't take this the wrong way, I only have your best interests at heart) I think you need to take some time to really make sure the colour you think you want is the colour you actually want. Take a month to think about it and if you still want to go darker then go for it. Also I wouldn't class the hair in that video as dark brown, probably more a level 5, she also has lighter pieces through the ends.

Think about it for a month (and use that month to take really really good care of your hair and yourself) and if it's still what you want, get a demi done in a level 5 Natural (like shades EQ or Loreal Dia richesse), if its not dark enough you can always go darker when you get your roots touched up.

Another thought! Get a direct dye in a darker brown and try it, if you dont like it you can just wash it out.

MidnightMoon
December 12th, 2017, 04:14 PM
The bleached parts seem to start quite up in her hair, but her roots/first 10cm of her hair I'd definitely call dark brown. Stop the video when they show a close shot of her, and cover all the bleach to see.

Blondieee
December 18th, 2017, 12:16 AM
Thanks everyone! I probably eventually will say I've found the hair I want and it's been growing on my head this entire time...and it just needed some moisture and love and some hair dye. Thank you for the compliment. But I don't like my natural color. It's not even my natural color. It's discolored. My hair was blonde growing up and then turned dark brown when I was about 12-13. Then we moved to a new house and suddenly it turned a watered down tea hair color. Probably due to the water I guess? Because one time I went to a hair stylist and she clarified it twice saying it really needs it and it looked much darker when I came out. I happened to get a really good photo in that lighting where my hair looked pretty. But trust me, it normally doesn't look pretty like that. It looks like watered down tea.

I don't know. I'm just starting to wonder if it's worth the effort to dye it brown. Because with brown hair, I want either straight hair or curling iron curls. And that's a lot of effort and I don't have energy for that. And it's going to be regular heat application. And I'm going to have to dye it over and over. But if I added a little bit of golden blonde in my hair at the ends, I think since I won't have to touch up the roots, that it will be very low maintenance which is nice and I can just use heat on occasion but not as often as I would want to use it with the brown. I guess when you look at it that way, wouldn't the brown be more damaging than the bleach? To dye it over and over and over again? And constantly apply heat? But then I look at the fact, do I really want to put bleach on hair that's recovering from an iron deficiency? But it's just going at the bottom and I can leave the roots alone and let them grow in healthy which is what I want vs with the brown dye, I will have to dye my roots too. And I really don't want to put anything on my roots while I'm recovering from an iron deficiency. Because that's where my hair is starting to grow back. I really don't even want to put Shades EQ there. But yes, I will definitely wait a month before getting any color done just to be sure since I keep changing my mind. What are your thoughts?

Also, hairstylists have used heat on me all the time and I didn't have breakage. And I even used it on myself in 2011 for an entire year and had no problems. And that was on bleached hair. I spent an hour straightening bleached hair. Now I've had hair breaking off the ends ever since this one hairstylist has used heat on it twice. And she did a horrible job of dying my mom's hair. Is it her or is it just not good to use heat when you have health problems?

lapushka
December 18th, 2017, 02:45 PM
Thanks everyone! I probably eventually will say I've found the hair I want and it's been growing on my head this entire time...and it just needed some moisture and love and some hair dye. Thank you for the compliment. But I don't like my natural color. It's not even my natural color. It's discolored. My hair was blonde growing up and then turned dark brown when I was about 12-13. Then we moved to a new house and suddenly it turned a watered down tea hair color. Probably due to the water I guess? Because one time I went to a hair stylist and she clarified it twice saying it really needs it and it looked much darker when I came out. I happened to get a really good photo in that lighting where my hair looked pretty. But trust me, it normally doesn't look pretty like that. It looks like watered down tea.

I don't know. I'm just starting to wonder if it's worth the effort to dye it brown. Because with brown hair, I want either straight hair or curling iron curls. And that's a lot of effort and I don't have energy for that. And it's going to be regular heat application. And I'm going to have to dye it over and over. But if I added a little bit of golden blonde in my hair at the ends, I think since I won't have to touch up the roots, that it will be very low maintenance which is nice and I can just use heat on occasion but not as often as I would want to use it with the brown. I guess when you look at it that way, wouldn't the brown be more damaging than the bleach? To dye it over and over and over again? And constantly apply heat? But then I look at the fact, do I really want to put bleach on hair that's recovering from an iron deficiency? But it's just going at the bottom and I can leave the roots alone and let them grow in healthy which is what I want vs with the brown dye, I will have to dye my roots too. And I really don't want to put anything on my roots while I'm recovering from an iron deficiency. Because that's where my hair is starting to grow back. I really don't even want to put Shades EQ there. But yes, I will definitely wait a month before getting any color done just to be sure since I keep changing my mind. What are your thoughts?

Also, hairstylists have used heat on me all the time and I didn't have breakage. And I even used it on myself in 2011 for an entire year and had no problems. And that was on bleached hair. I spent an hour straightening bleached hair. Now I've had hair breaking off the ends ever since this one hairstylist has used heat on it twice. And she did a horrible job of dying my mom's hair. Is it her or is it just not good to use heat when you have health problems?

Sounds to me like you are describing blonette hair. It is not a bad color at all, but you have to like it on yourself.

Still, with all the health issues going on, I would minimally try and "disrupt" your hair, and I would keep it as is, TBH. I would stop messing with it until your health issues are resolved or better at least and then reward yourself with dye or something of the like.

Rhoward
December 18th, 2017, 04:35 PM
Sounds to me like you are describing blonette hair. It is not a bad color at all, but you have to like it on yourself.

Still, with all the health issues going on, I would minimally try and "disrupt" your hair, and I would keep it as is, TBH. I would stop messing with it until your health issues are resolved or better at least and then reward yourself with dye or something of the like.

Brilliant advice, I really think you need to get your health under control before you touch your hair with any serious chemicals. It will also give you time to get solid in your mind what colour you want and what kind of maintenance you are willing to put in to keep that colour.

Blondieee
December 19th, 2017, 01:55 AM
Thank you to both of you! I think that's really good advice! The only thing I will do with my hair now is a trim and I want a flattering styled cut. I want to keep my length (except for a trim) but I want a styled cut. My hair has really stringy ends and I think it needs a style like layers for example. And I'm going to discuss hair color options with a hairstylist I've been to in the past. I'm not going to do any color to my hair right now. I'm just going to ask her about options and questions about it. I never went back to her because she cut like 6 inches off my hair because she was distracted doing a color at the same time on someone else. But this new hair stylist is worse! She respects that I want to keep my hair long so that's good, but she messed up my mom's hair when she dyed it with Shades EQ. The color looked terrible. She had roots showing. And it didn't moisturized her hair like Shades EQ is supposed to. She doesn't sound very experienced with color at all so I'm going to go back to the other stylist and ask for a trim and layers and emphasize a TRIM. If she fights me on it, is there a polite way to say it's my hair. Please only do a trim? Because I actually had a hair stylist tell me once that if he wasn't going to cut at least an inch off my hair then there's no reason for him to cut my hair that day. And it's not that an inch is a lot. I didn't mind it. But it was just rude. It's my hair. But yes I don't want a hair color with a lot of maintenance. And blonde is definitely a lot less maintenance since I don't want the roots done.

Blondieee
December 19th, 2017, 01:57 AM
This hair stylist always wants to cut the parts off that are dry when my hair is wet at the ends saying they're dead. But all hair is dead and you don't get long hair by cutting it.

Rhoward
December 19th, 2017, 02:30 AM
This hair stylist always wants to cut the parts off that are dry when my hair is wet at the ends saying they're dead. But all hair is dead and you don't get long hair by cutting it.

Tell her exactly how much you want cut off. e.g. 'I only want 1 inch cut off' then get her to show you her idea of what 1 inch is. Be very assertive, this is your hair, this is your money, if she wants to cut more than what you say she can, then leave.

lapushka
December 19th, 2017, 03:39 PM
Tell her exactly how much you want cut off. e.g. 'I only want 1 inch cut off' then get her to show you her idea of what 1 inch is. Be very assertive, this is your hair, this is your money, if she wants to cut more than what you say she can, then leave.

Yes and be fully prepared not to get your hair cut and walk out of there with nothing to show for the effort you put in going there!

Deborah
December 19th, 2017, 11:46 PM
I suggest that you go to a BARBER rather than a regular beautician. From what I hear, they will cut off JUST what you want cut, and no more. I believe they are also cheaper.

This is just my opinion, but I think your hair looks better without layers. It's up to you of course. :flower:

emilyogini
July 8th, 2018, 09:19 PM
Her hair IS certainly beautiful, but heavily styled of course for a music video! I bet she has gorgeous hair naturally, but I highly doubt the girl wakes up with her mane like that everyday. Not to step on any toes, this style daily looks like a high maintenance type--it's not carefree or effortless for sure. BUT if you don't mind styling it regularly to keep this appearance up, then heck yeah go for it. Why not?