PDA

View Full Version : Iron vessel?

Jewels707
December 9th, 2017, 01:45 PM
In doing my henna research I have come across preparation directions that say you should prepare your henna in an iron vessel. Other sites caution against contact with metal. Has anyone ever died released in an iron container? Does this release iron into the mix and therefore make it more red? What are the arguments against using metal? TIA;)

lapushka
December 9th, 2017, 02:42 PM
I always used a plastic bowl and a wooden spoon. Never any metals. That's just what the directions on my henna said at the time.

Obsidian
December 9th, 2017, 03:18 PM
I've never heard that, all the sites I've ever been to say to mix henna in glass or stainless bowls. Personally, I wouldn't use iron, I wouldn't want any contaminants in my henna.

spidermom
December 9th, 2017, 03:27 PM
google says your color will be darker

ReptilianFeline
December 10th, 2017, 07:33 AM
If you use a cast iron pot to make nettle tea for your hair, the stain will be darker. I don't know about henna, and have always mixed that in a plastic bowl with a plastic spoon.

Raevyngoddess
December 18th, 2017, 02:38 AM
The guy at my local Indian market told me to mix my henna in an iron vessel. It gives a darker color.

Anje
December 18th, 2017, 08:54 AM
I've seen it, don't know if there's any truth in it. Honestly, I make mine in a ziplock bag and squish to mix. It's really easy to get it into a squeeze bottle for root application after that by cutting the corner.

Natashap
December 22nd, 2017, 12:21 PM
Yes but not cast iron for sure as its sealed by oil.

Its hard to find pure iron vessel in modern times but to get darker red/brownish tones iron vessel is best.

Coffee water works best too for auburn /brownish black color.

I use ceramic or plastic or stainless steel to mix mine ...