PDA

View Full Version : How often do you wash your hair?

Carlos38
December 8th, 2017, 02:20 PM
Hello all! I'm new to the forum and was wanting to grow my hair out longer...how often would you say washing you wash your hair?

Fairyxlights
December 8th, 2017, 02:37 PM
It varies depending on your hair, from what I've gathered. I, personally, wash my hair every 3 days or so, about 2x a week. Some people "stretch" washes as far as once a week. I think there's a thread on it floating around somewhere.

Welcome to the forum from another newbie! :grin:

Corvana
December 8th, 2017, 02:50 PM
Once or twice a week! Depends on how I'm feeling and how my hair's feeling.

Zesty
December 8th, 2017, 02:53 PM
I wash twice a week on a schedule. I could probably go a little longer than I do but a week is questionable and I like knowing ahead of time when I'm washing (since it's long enough that washing is a definite process haha).

akurah
December 8th, 2017, 02:58 PM
I wash on average probably once a week or once every two weeks. I generally wait until it’s pretty greasy, but I despise washing my hair

lapushka
December 8th, 2017, 03:20 PM
Hello all! I'm new to the forum and was wanting to grow my hair out longer...how often would you say washing you wash your hair?

Hello & welcome.

Kitke
December 8th, 2017, 03:46 PM
I wash my hair probably every other day or every 3 days, because it's not too long (around hip) and it gets really sweaty and gross from doing sports 4x a week. I'm not super happy with this routine because I think the manipulation of washing and detangling it is damaging it and I'll definitely be trying to wash it less as it grows longer!

Jo Ann
December 8th, 2017, 03:47 PM
Welcome aboard, Carlos38!

I wash once a week--usually on Saturday nights, but Friday nights or Sunday mornings aren't out of the question.

The only time I've varied on this was when my A/C went out, then I CO-washed (used conditioner only) on Wednesdays and regular washed on Saturdays.

Groovy Granny
December 8th, 2017, 04:40 PM
Welcome :)

I usually wash once a week; occasionally twice in Summer heat (3-4 days apart)

Dark40
December 8th, 2017, 04:50 PM

Hello and welcome!:) I generally wash my hair whenever I feel like it. Some weeks I may just wash it 2 or 3 times a week. Another week I may wash every single day. But the majority of it I wash it every single day.

Gem
December 8th, 2017, 04:56 PM
Currently, once a week. In the past, my scalp was happy with washing as infrequently as once a month (and my hair was barely oily by that point), but that's not practical right now because I have cats and I spend time with a friend who is highly allergic to cats.
Without other considerations though, I'd be happy washing my hair once or twice a month. Once a week feels like a lot to me.

Carlos38
December 8th, 2017, 05:17 PM
Thanks for the input everyone....from what I gather...I'm washing my hair to much. I shampoo everyday,and use a quarter size or more shampoo. So I might be stripping it of its oils causing it to not grow as fast. I might be stunting my own hair growth? What do you think? And how do you dilute the shampoo? In a separate cup with some water?
Thanks for all the helpful input

amiraaah
December 8th, 2017, 05:19 PM
It's twice a week less than that my scalp will be very itchy and dry.

Carlos38
December 8th, 2017, 05:26 PM
And thank you to everyone for the warm welcome. :o)

Dark40
December 8th, 2017, 05:32 PM
Thanks for the input everyone....from what I gather...I'm washing my hair to much. I shampoo everyday,and use a quarter size or more shampoo. So I might be stripping it of its oils causing it to not grow as fast. I might be stunting my own hair growth? What do you think? And how do you dilute the shampoo? In a separate cup with some water?

No, I don't think you're washing too much. Maybe you can try co-washing with a cheap conditioner. I do that daily sometimes too. Whenever my hair feels dry or is thirsty needing some moisture I just do a co-wash instead of using a shampoo with sulfates in it. Yes, I would dilute my shampoo in a cup with some water in it.

akurah
December 8th, 2017, 06:31 PM

Not necessarily. I don’t wash because I am lazy. A lot of people who wash regularly but not daily has more to do with hair drying time than stripping of hair.

Beckstar
December 8th, 2017, 06:47 PM
Whenever I remember?

Corvana
December 8th, 2017, 07:12 PM

Idk maybe? If you think your hair or scalp is too dry, you can try to stretch washes... But there's nothing inherently wrong with washing daily if your scalp and hair are cool with it.

Do you condition at all?

Carlos38
December 8th, 2017, 08:07 PM
I don't condition....I use the pert plus 2 in 1 and I really like it so far...plus I enjoy the clean smell it has....kinda like the old Pantene pro v smell....I miss that medicinal smell it used to have. I think I don't have to wash my hair as much...I just enjoy the process of washing my hair and lathering up...I always feel like I'm doing something good for myself every time I shampoo. Anyhow thanks for the advice...I'm gonna give shampooing a break to maybe 3 to 2 x a week and see what that does for my scalp and hair growth....
Thanks everybody
Carlos

Deborah
December 8th, 2017, 08:48 PM
I wash my hair every Saturday. That's all.

queenbee1
December 9th, 2017, 01:17 AM
Every 4 days :D
I'm stretching my washes even more though

TatsuOni
December 9th, 2017, 02:16 AM
Welcome! :) Every other week or less.

Natashap
December 9th, 2017, 03:46 AM
Every other day....gosh makes me tired.

sarahthegemini
December 9th, 2017, 05:20 AM
Every day.

Dendra
December 9th, 2017, 05:35 AM
Every 5 days, sometimes 6. If I lived in London again every 4/5, because the pollution dirties it quicker.

school of fish
December 9th, 2017, 05:54 AM
I wash and condition mine every day and am really happy with that. It really is truly an individual thing :)

Welcome aboard!

Kiiruna
December 9th, 2017, 06:00 AM
Welcome to LHC! I wash (and condition) 2-3 times a week.

Zalicat
December 9th, 2017, 06:31 AM
I cowash once a week back when i used shampoo it was also once a week- my hair is thick and i could probably leave it longer if i wanted!

Twig
December 9th, 2017, 07:14 AM
Wash and DT Friday mornings. During the winter, I do the cleansing conditioner thing Sundays and Tuesdays, only because I have to go to work. I have a couple of Mondays off over the holidays, so I'll stretch it out a bit. My hair's really prone to splitting, but since I don't process it any more and started the DT and low sulphate routine, it's not such an issue. I do more low suds shampoos in the summer, the CC leaves my hair a little too oily in the summer, go figure.

reilly0167
December 9th, 2017, 07:23 AM
Hello and welcome:) it varies at times with most people. I have curly hair, and its a crap shoot sometimes, not counting wash day I can go to day 3 If my curls still have some definition, sometimes just day 2. If my hair was straight, I can go once a week or once every two.

ReptilianFeline
December 9th, 2017, 07:49 AM
I am used to washing my hair once a week, but when I was swimming, I would rinse it after the swim, but not really was it. We used to wash our hair once a wekk when I was little too, so people washing every day seemed over the top. I didn't know much back then.

Sometimes I think I should wash more often when my scalp starts to itch, but I'm experimenting with herbal washing and finding the right mix, so I need to keep it as close to regular as possible to see how my scalp and hair responds to the different mixes I try.

lapushka
December 10th, 2017, 08:57 AM

A quarter size of shampoo is *nothing*. I glob a palm full on the back of my head (nape), on the top of my head, and one glob split into two for the sides. You have to find a balance between not enough and too much. A quarter might hardly lather, causing you to "friction" your hair too much and causing mechanical damage when it's not necessary. If you know what I mean.

Also if you have to wash daily, then there's nothing wrong with it. Yes you can try stretching washes, and if you can that's great, but if you can't that's fine too.

What hair texture and thickness are you?

Garnetgem
December 10th, 2017, 08:59 AM
Once a week maybe shorter gaps in summer as it get sweaty sooner...

Sora Rose
December 10th, 2017, 09:07 AM
Personally, I wash my hair only once a week, and have for as long as I can remember. When I was little, my mom would time it out that way. Now its mostly because life only gives me one chance a week.

Estrid
December 10th, 2017, 10:11 AM
I wash my hair every 3rd day. A few years ago I had to wash it every other day, I'm happy I succeeded to stretch it, even if it was only for one more day.

Twig
December 10th, 2017, 11:49 AM
Conversation overheard at work: "My wife only washes her hair twice a week. How disgusting is that?" I could have said so much at that point. I didn't, though.

-arachne-
December 10th, 2017, 01:41 PM
I generally wash my scalp every few days, and whenever needed if I get sweaty or anything.

The length of my hair I was probably every... 3 weeks. I don't tell most people I know who don't have long hair because I feel like they would think it was gross. But my hair is really healthy!

lapushka
December 10th, 2017, 02:28 PM
Conversation overheard at work: "My wife only washes her hair twice a week. How disgusting is that?" I could have said so much at that point. I didn't, though.

Men. :lol: :rolleyes: ;) No I'm just kidding. Only "uneducated" men. :p My dad for instance was one of the first people to tell me washing my hair too much wasn't good (when I was a teen and an oil slick on top). And my mom agreed to that. Unfortunately they needed to give in, because I needed a wash 2 to even 3 times a week badly! Now I can go a week. My mom can even go a month (absolutely no sebum production to speak of).

cjk
December 10th, 2017, 11:29 PM
I actually haven't washed my hair this year.

Water rinses, yes. I keep it clean. But no products used during 2017.

Natashap
December 10th, 2017, 11:31 PM
i actually haven't washed my hair this year.

Water rinses, yes. I keep it clean. But no products used during 2017.
thats wow~~

GalaMoon
December 11th, 2017, 12:35 AM
I wash it every other day. I used to be able to wash it twice a week but that changed a few years ago and I couldn't stretch it no matter what I tried. I remember my mom, when she was younger, washing her hair once a week for decades, and it looked oily all the time and had a lot of shedding. Some people just have to wash it when it needs washing

browntatis
December 11th, 2017, 12:48 AM
I wash and condition my hair every single day.... Sometimes every other day, I can't stretch it any longer!
This is what works for my hair type... My hair and scalp are very oily.

Krissycats
December 11th, 2017, 12:51 AM
I wash every other day because I enjoy it. I might stretch it as it gets longer, though.

Chocowalnut
December 11th, 2017, 12:53 AM
I try to stretch washes but I hate taking a shower without washing my hair, just don't feel clean. Also, my hair always looks and feels best fresh after washing. So I probably wash 2-3 times a week.

Simsy
December 11th, 2017, 02:32 AM
Once a week if I have a day clear on the weekend. Once every 2 weeks if I work through and don’t have time. My hair is reasonably flexible if I remember to pull it out, oil and detangle; it’s usually happy to wait another week.

erebus
December 11th, 2017, 02:37 AM
Three times per week which I gather is more than most people here. My scalp gets greasy very fast and stretching washes is a painfully slow process. I made some progress but my scalp started becoming a bit flaky in return so I went back to my old routine. Honestly, even on day 2 I feel bad about my hair, really wish it'd stay clean longer.

A tip I picked up from here though is to only shampoo my scalp and maybe down to the ears. The length of your hair doesn't get dirty, and the shampoo will clean it sufficiently as you rinse it out anyway.

Hiyotoris
December 11th, 2017, 07:41 AM
Hi and welcome! I wash mine every 4-5 days, though I am aiming to wash it once a week! I am almost there!

cjk
December 11th, 2017, 09:42 PM
thats wow~~

is that a good wow or a bad wow?

I've had it back in a low ponytail since this morning so the waves are less pronounced than usual.

https://i.imgur.com/R0MkNMj.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/17r2IE8.jpg

cjk
December 11th, 2017, 09:58 PM

Laurenhope29
December 11th, 2017, 10:56 PM
I've been washing twice a week, I'm trying to get it down to once a week. My hair is very dry (previously bleached) and needs all the natural oils it can get

krispie
December 12th, 2017, 01:58 AM
Hello :)
I wash my hair 2-3 times a week. Saturdays, Tuesdays and sometimes Thursdays.

Monsterkitti
December 12th, 2017, 02:28 AM
Usually I wash once a week on a Friday unless I have an event I want fresh hair for but never more than twice a week :)

my2cats1
December 12th, 2017, 06:34 AM
I wash every other day. That's what it takes to keep my scalp happy.

Arciela
December 12th, 2017, 08:32 AM
I wash whenever is needed, sometimes its once a week, sometimes daily. I don't like showering without washing my hair either, it feels weird to me, so I often end up washing it daily. :flower:

Jo Ann
December 12th, 2017, 10:05 AM
Hey, if that floats your boat, and your hair is happy with it's routine, who are we to judge? :p

Besides, WO is a wash routine :flower:

PrincessBob
December 12th, 2017, 10:52 AM
My scalp likes to be washed once a week. I dilute my shampoo and distribute it on my scalp and down to the nape of my neck with my shower tangle teezer and rinse that through my length. I condition from the neck to the ends and let that sit for a bit before rinsing it forever. Then I take a few tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in about a litre of water and pour that on the whole mass of hair and dip the ends in the cup. after a minute I usually rinse that with cool water.

MoonRabbit
December 12th, 2017, 12:18 PM
Whenever I get around to it, that means every 4, 7 or + days. I don't really mind having dirty hair, in a way I think I prefer it.

AngelAlly
December 12th, 2017, 12:28 PM
Several years ago I washed it only once a week but I started experimenting and it seems to really like twice a week. It doesn't like being washed anymore than that or else it becomes too dry and it also becomes very dry if I go once a week on the ends.

cjk
December 12th, 2017, 06:43 PM
Hey, if that floats your boat, and your hair is happy with it's routine, who are we to judge? :p

Besides, WO is a wash routine :flower:

Well I "wash" it 2-3 times a week, then.

queenofheartz44
December 13th, 2017, 10:08 AM
Once or twice a week, my hair throws a fit if I do it more often. :p If I have to wet it more often though I skip the shampoo and just use conditioner.

luvlonghair75
December 13th, 2017, 10:46 AM
Every other day. Oiling and clarifying at least once a month.

alisa01
December 13th, 2017, 11:56 AM
Once or twice a week

andryssa
January 1st, 2018, 09:37 AM
Every other day but I would like to extend the washing time to twice a week.

lapushka
January 1st, 2018, 09:40 AM
Every other day but I would like to extend the washing time to twice a week.

There's a whole thread here dedicated to stretching washes! :)

Sarahlabyrinth
January 1st, 2018, 02:43 PM
I could happily wash mine once a week but currently am in the habit of washing it twice a week. It's good to have a routine, I think :)

I was brought up with a weekly hair wash.

divinedobbie
January 1st, 2018, 02:54 PM
I wash mine every day unless I am staying home then I might skip a wash. Unfortunately I have tried stretching extensively and my hair is too fine and oily to look half decent past even 24 hours. It is what it is.

Beckstar
January 1st, 2018, 09:17 PM
As needed.

FaerieKitty
January 2nd, 2018, 12:38 AM
Usually once a week, twice a week sometimes. I went 6 months trying WO a couple years ago, but it never fully worked for me but I used to every other day so this is a good balance for me and my hair. It takes ages to dry naturally so tend to leave as much as possible.

valkyrie90
January 2nd, 2018, 03:28 AM
Once a week but I used to wash everyday .

Anmaeva
January 2nd, 2018, 07:15 AM
I wash my hair about twice a week. I use shampoo one time in four. The rest of the time is a CO wash as my hair is bleached platinum. I'm not sure I can get tailbone length again like I did when my hair was dyed black and not bleached at all, but it's BSL which is longer than I've been told platinum can get.

lapushka
January 2nd, 2018, 07:25 AM
I could happily wash mine once a week but currently am in the habit of washing it twice a week. It's good to have a routine, I think :)

I was brought up with a weekly hair wash.

Me too. As a child I was a weekly hair washer, always when I took my weekly bath (regular showers during the week, bath once a week, every Sunday). During puberty I was allowed a second wash after a bit of a fight, because both my parents were and still are of the conviction it is not good to wash the hair a lot (ancient myth about getting sick, I think). Anyway, I am a weekly washer since a number of years. I used to need to wash 2/3 times a week back when it was a lot shorter.

I wash my hair about twice a week. I use shampoo one time in four. The rest of the time is a CO wash as my hair is bleached platinum. I'm not sure I can get tailbone length again like I did when my hair was dyed black and not bleached at all, but it's BSL which is longer than I've been told platinum can get.

Welcome to the forum! :D

yvsa
January 2nd, 2018, 08:14 AM
I wash 3x a week because i have a greasy scalp. I've tried stretching washes but then my scalp get's very itchie and i get flakes.:(

andryssa
January 2nd, 2018, 08:47 AM
There's a whole thread here dedicated to stretching washes! :)

Thank you very much for the tip! I have successfully found the thread and will read it through. Hopefully it'll help me :)

lapushka
January 2nd, 2018, 09:03 AM
Thank you very much for the tip! I have successfully found the thread and will read it through. Hopefully it'll help me :)

Fantastic! If there's any more questions, just ask there! :)

Natashap
January 2nd, 2018, 02:41 PM
Lapushka You are a great member ,I try to learn from you everyday as my scalp conditions are same as yours.Keep up good work this year too ,we all love to learn from you.

lapushka
January 3rd, 2018, 04:11 AM
Lapushka You are a great member ,I try to learn from you everyday as my scalp conditions are same as yours.Keep up good work this year too ,we all love to learn from you.

I try to be a good girl. ;) SD is problematic, even for me, I think it took until my 40s before I realized the "trick" with the sulfate shampoo. Odd that as I had gone between Nizoral 2% and regular shampoo my whole life and never put 2 and 2 together. It wasn't until I went sulfate-free and tried to CO-wash that the penny finally dropped and that I realized how bad a flare-up could be. Also, I had extended my washes to once every 14 days once due to medical issues and that kicked it into high gear like no other!

I hope to learn from you guys too, because there is no one-size fits all, I'm sad to say. If only it were that easy, right? :flower:

Thank you for your kind words, and I wish you all the best for 2018 too!

Katrina
January 3rd, 2018, 11:08 AM
Twice a week or every 3-4 days.

Chantalia
January 3rd, 2018, 12:52 PM
I wash my hair twice a week.. every Wednesday & Sunday. Before I started lurking here, I washed EVERY single day. I used to love the squeaky clean feel, but before I had side swept bangs so the grease would show right away. Now that my bangs are past my chin it doesn't show as quickly.

Hippuris
January 3rd, 2018, 12:58 PM
I wash my hair every three or four days. I hate washing my hair, it takes too much time with all the conditioning and drying. I’m actually right now waiting for my hair to dry enough to braid it so I could go to sleep.

I would like to wash my hair less but I don’t like my hair oily even though my hair is more manageable and healthy looking on the fourth day from previous wash.

myn-d
January 3rd, 2018, 08:34 PM
I wash my hair about once a week.

hayheadsbird
January 3rd, 2018, 09:08 PM
It was twice a week on a Sunday and Wednesday, but it's been stretching out a bit. I think I could push it to weekly without to much trouble, but the last few weeks it's ended up being every 5 days or so. Everytime I've tried to stretch it the last fortnight something has come up, like Christmas or children spewing!

I quite like washing my hair and the smell and feel of fresh clean hair. It's the drying time that can be so inconvenient. If I have time it's fine, but things like yesterday where I washed early am, had to go out so bunned when still slightly damp, took down at midnight last night for getting ready for bed and it was still damp.

chiapommama
January 3rd, 2018, 09:24 PM
Twice a week for me Wednesday and Saturday nights

Fia
January 4th, 2018, 01:11 AM
As needed. Which works out to every 7-11 days. Freshly washed hair is annoying to me. Too flyaway and lightweight to comfortably secure in an updo. Much prefer it when it has some added weight from sebum that has worked its way down the length a bit.

Wavybrunetteuk
January 4th, 2018, 07:49 AM
At the moment once every two days.

lapushka
January 4th, 2018, 08:21 AM
I wash my hair twice a week.. every Wednesday & Sunday. Before I started lurking here, I washed EVERY single day. I used to love the squeaky clean feel, but before I had side swept bangs so the grease would show right away. Now that my bangs are past my chin it doesn't show as quickly.

I used to have Wednesday & Sunday as my wash days too, as a teen; in my early 20s I started washing it 3x a week (work, needed to be freshly washed and neat).

Rapunzel_to_be
January 4th, 2018, 08:24 AM
Every day :) Ive tried stretching washes for over 3 or 4 months periods of time these past 3 years, but my scalp just won't accept not being washed, it literally turns greasy the next day.. I could stretch it to every other day if I let it dry into its natural shape which is wurly, but I sometimes brush it out and sleep in a braid, and when I do so my hair can only go one day without being washed... I do not have, nor have I ever had problems with a dry scalp etc, so I would say listen to your body, cause everyone is different :)

ponine
January 4th, 2018, 09:06 AM
Every two or three days depending on how dirty it is and whether or not I have places to go the next day.

ggallagher27
January 4th, 2018, 11:36 AM
With my busy life right now.....about every 4-8 days. I would like to be every 3-4 to get it condtioned well, apply treatments and help it grow.

kph12
October 5th, 2018, 10:09 AM
I wash mine every 3-4 days. Usually by the end of the 3rd day I feel like my hair is ready to be washed but I do try to stretch it to the 4th day as often as I can. Most of the time I use a sulfate free shampoo and conditioner but maybe once or twice a month I'll use a sulfate conditioner just to clarify and remove any build up on my scalp.

MarPreciosa
November 18th, 2018, 12:51 PM
After 2 months of stretching from every 2-3 days I'm now at 4-5. It would be awesome to shampoo once a week and still look decent! Even without sulfates/silicones I will say it did take a long time for the oiliness to chill out and for my scalp to adjust.

Capybara
November 18th, 2018, 12:55 PM
Every 2-3 days, or when it gets greasy. Depending on the climate I can do more or less frequently.

sophia_
November 18th, 2018, 01:00 PM
I wash daily! :) LHC rebels, lol. I shower every day anyway, and it doesn't help me to stretch my washes, so I don't.

Hailwidis
November 18th, 2018, 01:11 PM
2 times a week, usually on Wednesday and Sunday (but sometimes Tuesday-Saturday). I'm pretty greasy on the last day and a half, so I have to time it right in terms of office days/social commitments. Sometimes I end up having to wash 3x a week, but it's rare (I'm a hermit).

Wendyp
November 18th, 2018, 01:28 PM
About 2x a week, my scalp probably needs more but I battle dryness, so I’m hoping the roo method will help.

blesseddamozel
November 18th, 2018, 01:39 PM
Once or twice a week, I try to aim for once a week but I'll crack and wash it midweek if need be (my usual wash day is Sunday :) )

Pacific
November 18th, 2018, 02:10 PM
Daily or every other day. Very rarely I wash on 3rd day.

Ylva
November 18th, 2018, 02:26 PM
I wash my hair every 3-4 days, alternating a bit depending on if I have plans for a certain day if I want x day hair.

mermaid lullaby
November 18th, 2018, 10:01 PM
I'm starting to wash everyday now. I honestly don't feel or see anything different

TheForestFae
November 18th, 2018, 11:19 PM
I wash my hair 3 times a week, on the other days Im using hair rinse such as: tea rinse, acv rinse to get all the oil out of my hair to keep it fresh and nice :>

blackgothicdoll
November 19th, 2018, 04:12 PM
Three times a week. My hair will either be too greasy or too dry. I'm trying to get it down to two.

In the summer i cowash daily and shampoo once a week. Super sweaty scalp

kitcatsmeow
November 19th, 2018, 08:19 PM
1-2x a week. Usually once. I have a one year old and I’m a single mom so there’s that but also I tend to have dry hair so it works well.

RoseChantel
November 19th, 2018, 09:16 PM
I wash about 3 times a week. Sometimes I can stretch it to just twice a week, but my hair is fine and thin and gets too gross if I let it go much longer than that. I make sure that I always do some sort of an oil or scalp treatment or deep condition or combo before I wash though. Otherwise even sulfate free shampoo dries my scalp out.

Spar
November 19th, 2018, 09:53 PM
Everyday or every other day. My scalp gets very oily and I love having clean, fresh, nice smelling hair.

PixieNixie
November 19th, 2018, 09:56 PM
About every 4 days. I try to stretch it more, but usually by day 4, I am running outta patience with it. Styles arent looking good anymore and it is getting greasy.

teeks
November 19th, 2018, 10:11 PM
Once a week. It takes a day to dry now that it's colder weather and i get cold when my hair is wet. In the summer I also wash once a week and I really enjoy how fast it dries ��

Sarahlabyrinth
November 20th, 2018, 01:48 AM
Once a week. It takes a day to dry now that it's colder weather and i get cold when my hair is wet. In the summer I also wash once a week and I really enjoy how fast it dries ��

Squeee, your hair is so pretty! I wash mine usually twice a week. I used to do it once a week but now prefer twice. When It's cold I just use the hair dryer on warm to dry it.

lenu60
November 20th, 2018, 07:16 AM
I wash my hair as soon as I start itching. Every hair is different

Natalia_A00
November 22nd, 2018, 05:38 PM
Every other day. My hair is very oily.

Natashap
November 22nd, 2018, 09:32 PM
I feel feverish ,so less now a days.

Every 3 days or so.

littlestarface
November 22nd, 2018, 09:40 PM

Wow your hair is beautiful teeks! I wash once a week too. Same same.

Larke
November 22nd, 2018, 09:53 PM
I have fine hair which gets greasy fast and it's not easy to hide the grease, but I try to stretch washing to two times a week because I hate spending the time on it. I might wash more often after sports if it really needs it, though.

Simsy
November 23rd, 2018, 04:40 AM
Once a week, usually saturdays if I’m not working. If I am working, the wash gets pushed back a week. I don’t get my hair wet outside of wash day; the tangling gets a bit much.

The mop and I had several arguments and tantrums over wash routines. We have settled on this as a happy midpoint that we can both live with. As long as I detangle throughly on the Saturday and don’t try to stretch more than one extra week at a time; the mop will let me have the occasional week off.

MusicalSpoons
November 23rd, 2018, 04:48 AM
It needs washing every other day to look presentable, so my weekly routine is one full wash and a couple of scalp washes. If I'm off work it will be about twice a week so it's clean before meetings for worship, or if I'm too ill to go out at all, it will be 5-6 days before the oiliness drives me crazy.

H o n є y ❤
November 24th, 2018, 05:54 PM
Ideally every 3 days with the new regimen. Irl more like every 4-5 days.

gingerninja
November 25th, 2018, 05:06 AM
Every 3-4 weeks is when the sebum gets too heavy and pulls at my roots. I used to wash once a week but that dried my hair and scalp out even using sulfate free shampoo.

teeks
November 25th, 2018, 08:06 AM
Squeee, your hair is so pretty! I wash mine usually twice a week. I used to do it once a week but now prefer twice. When It's cold I just use the hair dryer on warm to dry it.

Wow your hair is beautiful teeks! I wash once a week too. Same same.
aaaah thank you both, you're very kind. I admire your hair everytime I see your signatures :bowtome:

Garnetgem
November 25th, 2018, 08:10 AM
I can stretch to 10 days..it doesnt start to go oily until around the 8th day so washing with shorter gaps dries my hair out..

Knightly
December 2nd, 2018, 12:45 AM
Every single day.
I know some say it's bad for your hair but I don't care. I live in a really hot and sunny place so my scalp gets really sweaty and smelly! Lol. I've never had an issue with it, luckily my hair doesn't dry out with shampoo.
If i don't wash it, even if it's just for a day, I get build up, dandruff AND a really bad smell, it also gets more tanlgy.

MoonChildCurls
December 2nd, 2018, 04:47 AM
Usually twice a week :)

gustavonut
December 2nd, 2018, 05:42 AM
These past couple days I’ve been washing every day.

lushfanatic
December 2nd, 2018, 05:52 AM
I wash every other day. I really could go without but my roots get greasy and I suffer from a mildly flaky scalp (psoriasis previously, now a bit of dandruff) so for my scalp's happiness I need to wash it quite often. Really interested in stretching my washes another day or two, especially since I now keep my hair in a braid all day and all night so it doesn't get dirty as quickly.

hollygolightly
December 2nd, 2018, 06:45 AM
I used to wash my hair 2 times a week, but since it's getting hot here I'm washing it more often like every 2 days, sometimes every other day

Kazumi
December 3rd, 2018, 07:40 AM
I’m reaaaaly trying to extend my in between washing time to one week but it doesn’t seem to work. My hair falls pretty severely and I think I’ll stick to washing it once every 3 days... maximum. By the time I get to the 7th day since my last wash, my scalp is really traumatized, it gets flaky and itchy, not pleasant at all. Now that i write this down I wonder why in the world was I so stubborn to wash it only once/week 🤦🏼*♀️

gustavonut
December 3rd, 2018, 08:00 AM
I’m reaaaaly trying to extend my in between washing time to one week but it doesn’t seem to work. My hair falls pretty severely and I think I’ll stick to washing it once every 3 days... maximum. By the time I get to the 7th day since my last wash, my scalp is really traumatized, it gets flaky and itchy, not pleasant at all. Now that i write this down I wonder why in the world was I so stubborn to wash it only once/week ����*♀️

Yeah screw being uncomfortable, your hair will survive being washed more and sometimes it even thrives on being washed more.

Pouncequick
December 3rd, 2018, 09:26 AM
I'm a daily washer right now. I'm trying to stretch to every other day so I don't have wet hair all the time but my scalp is quite oily so I am not sure if it will work out. Daily washing isn't the end of the world as long as you are gentle, it can just be inconvenient.

littlestarface
December 3rd, 2018, 09:57 AM
I’m reaaaaly trying to extend my in between washing time to one week but it doesn’t seem to work. My hair falls pretty severely and I think I’ll stick to washing it once every 3 days... maximum. By the time I get to the 7th day since my last wash, my scalp is really traumatized, it gets flaky and itchy, not pleasant at all. Now that i write this down I wonder why in the world was I so stubborn to wash it only once/week ����*♀️

Just cuz it works for some doesnt mean its going to work for everyone. You have to do whats best for your hairs health not what you think is the best for it.

lemonlollies
December 6th, 2018, 05:07 PM
Once a week, because I hate having wet hair on days when I work so I wash on my day off. Definitely need to schedule another wash though, it gets horribly greasy on the last few days and my hair has had time to adjust, I’ve been doing this routine since January. Planning to cowash in between my normal washes in future to avoid the super greasy look!

bokeh
December 6th, 2018, 07:22 PM
I've tried stretching my washing out but I get sore spots on my scalp after two or three days even though my scalp NEVER gets greasy. I'm probably going to start washing every other day because I think it's even more important to take care of my scalp than it is to care for my hair. I've just started with CWC and that might be just the thing for me.

Ophidian
December 8th, 2018, 12:51 PM
To keep my scalp in good shape I have to wash it twice a week. But my length likes to go longer and so to avoid the hassle of air drying two times a week I do a full wash on Sunday and a scalp wash on Wednesday or Thursday. That way everyone is happy.

Ju
December 8th, 2018, 08:07 PM
Generally once a week but I'd love to challenge myself to stretch it longer, mostly because I find that the longer between washes, the more I prefer the texture it develops (also because hair washing is such a specific ritual for me, and a time consuming one at that)

kidari
December 9th, 2018, 10:14 AM
I used to wash daily.... over the years I've finally trained my scalp and I now wash 2x a week without having to use dry shampoo most of the time.

yahirwaO.o
December 10th, 2018, 10:08 PM
Everyday or every other day. My scalp gets very oily and I love having clean, fresh, nice smelling hair.

ME TOOOOO!!!!! Bonus for me, it looks voluminous, soft and bouncy. If I stretch it for more than 2 days, shedding gets pretty bad and it itches so bad. My scalp is happy and my hair gets a tad dry but nothing that some oil or preconditioning can not deal with. :o

almostghost
December 11th, 2018, 08:15 AM
Every 2-3 days. I washed daily from childhood until a couple years ago, and I was planning to gradually stretch my washes to once a week eventually if I could (mostly just for convenience). Recently, though, I decided the effort just wasn't worth it. My head is a grease factory, and doesn't seem to have any intention of stopping being one, so I look and feel pretty nasty after a couple of days. If that isn't bad enough, my scalp becomes really itchy if I go any longer than 3 days. My scalp and I are happiest at 2-3 days so that's where I think I'll stay.

GrowlingCupcake
December 12th, 2018, 03:15 PM
Once to twice a week. Some times I might just 'wash' the lengths - get them wet, apply conditioner, and then LOC.

ArienEllariel
December 12th, 2018, 04:06 PM
I usually do every other day. I've been battling the flakies so it's harder to hide my oily hair more than a day between. Now if I'm not going anywhere I might stretch another day but just depends.

Growitagain28
December 12th, 2018, 07:45 PM
Every other day. Sometimes I can throw in an extra day but not very often. I have plaque psoriasis on my scalp (one spot right on my middle part and one near the nape of my neck). If I wash too often, I’m flaky, if I go too long without washing my spots will flare up and itch like crazy/become thicker. It’s a really un-fun battle.

JuniperTree
December 13th, 2018, 04:00 PM
I wash mine every 6 or 7 days but then I've never been very oily. I also make a big effort not to pay with it too much because the scalp only releases sebum when the hair moves. If I have it in braids I can sometimes go longer than a week. Although in summer I have to wash it more, what with sweat and swimming etc haha!

lapushka
December 13th, 2018, 04:34 PM
My mom (she checked her calendar today) last washed October 22nd. She'll be doing her hair soon, as the family festivities are coming up soon. But it's quite normal for her to go this long; she doesn't produce sebum and her hair smells as fresh now as it did on wash day. Still puzzles me after all these years - it's always been this way. When she still worked she would often go 2 months or so.

momof3mary
December 16th, 2018, 06:39 AM
I usually wash mine every other day, unless it's dirty after working too hard outside 😁

Ylva
December 23rd, 2018, 03:33 PM
The past few days I've washed my hair daily (doing a special treatment - KhairPep) and my scalp is rather upset. It's itchy and uncomfortable. I think I'll opt for a sulfate free wash tonight, luckily I'm done with the treatment now. Well, at least it clearly shows what I should not be doing.

Cate36
December 23rd, 2018, 03:37 PM
The past few days I've washed my hair daily (doing a special treatment - KhairPep) and my scalp is rather upset. It's itchy and uncomfortable. I think I'll opt for a sulfate free wash tonight, luckily I'm done with the treatment now. Well, at least it clearly shows what I should not be doing.

Did you use clarifying shampoo on all those washes Yiva?

curlily
December 23rd, 2018, 05:29 PM
I wash every 2-3 days, but every other wash is generally co-wash.

Ylva
December 23rd, 2018, 05:33 PM
Did you use clarifying shampoo on all those washes Yiva?

No, just the first time. Then I used a gentle sulfate shampoo.

Nineteenbirds
December 23rd, 2018, 06:29 PM
About once a week works for me, unless something unusual happens. Like when a squirrel ended up in our fireplace last month and I had to stick my head in there to clean out the ashes so we could seal the flu. I'd washed it a couple of days before, but I definitely had to wash it again after that! Only later did it occur to me that I should have wrapped it in a scarf before cleaning the fireplace...

Begemot
December 24th, 2018, 02:56 AM
Two or three times a week, recently I have washed more often twice every week. I would probably wash less often if it wasn't for my scalp protesting. I would love it if I could wash only once a week and maybe wash just my bangs when needed. Ugh, a girl can dream.

Earthtones
December 24th, 2018, 03:28 AM
In the humid summer I wash my hair twice a week, all other times its 1 time a week.

Skunklover
December 26th, 2018, 07:45 PM
I wash 1-2 times a week and clarify every two weeks and I oil once a week

Krissycats
December 26th, 2018, 08:44 PM
I have been washing my hair only once or twice a week lately. It is longer and the weather is colder, so I find myself going longer between washes and my hair still looks great.

CKramer
December 26th, 2018, 08:51 PM
Every 2 days in winter and other day in summer.

snorkie
December 30th, 2018, 11:42 PM
Once a week in winter usually. Summer is twice a week but these are subject to how my hair feels and what I’ve been doing.

RottenMango
April 23rd, 2019, 10:44 AM
With shampoo? Every three days.
With conditioner? Everyday.

1689r
April 24th, 2019, 06:29 AM
It used to be three times a week, but lately I’ve been reducing it to two. I’ve been using castor oil, and I condition-wash-condition to get it out.

PatchouliSoleil
April 24th, 2019, 03:43 PM
With shampoo, no more than twice a week and no less than every 2 weeks. With conditioner, as needed in between shampoos depending on how often I'm working out.

ExpectoPatronum
April 24th, 2019, 05:52 PM
I am now able to wash twice a week thanks to Nature's Gate Tea Tree Shampoo. I don't know how it does it, but it prevents my hair from looking greasy for days.

soldierssong
April 24th, 2019, 06:02 PM
I wash two to three times a week,depending on what is happening that week. (Parties, church, camping trips)

val.
April 24th, 2019, 06:37 PM
With shampoo every 2-4 days depending on how greasy it is. Every day or 2 with water and conditioning the ends.

Luna Starsetta
April 24th, 2019, 10:05 PM
Welcome! I wash once a week! Normally Sundays or Saturday morning or night! Sulfate free and silicone free!

Cate36
April 24th, 2019, 10:59 PM
I range now between every 2 days or 3 days.. I am still unsure whether it makes any difference.. before I damaged my hair ripping henna out, and experienced thinning because of it, which seems to be taking forever to recover, I washed every day, and had almost classic length thick hair, wavy. It really didn't affect the condition at all washing it every day, or the length as far as I could tell.. my hair looked great.... for years I used shop bought shampoo.. just off the shelf.. then I changed to an organic... I think the key, was that I just didn't know better, I didn't focus on it.. didn't think about it.. .. my hair has always been long since childhood..Now it's a different thing altogether.. and I wish I didn't think about it! :)

I remember someone telling me a year or so ago, that having long hair was like looking after a pet..I had no idea what she was talking about.. until now.. now.. because I have to care for damaged thin locks.. and wait for new growth.. I understand totally what she means..

Does it really make a difference stretching out as long as possible between washes?

mackensey
April 24th, 2019, 11:37 PM
I usually go from 1-2 times a week. If I'm busy or travelling I'll just do once a week, and if I have more time during the week or it looks too greasy I'll wash it.
I use olive oil overnight before washing always.

Ylva
April 25th, 2019, 08:19 AM
Does it really make a difference stretching out as long as possible between washes?

It depends. The hair strands themselves I suppose don't like to be washed too often, but this, too, is just a generalisation. Some people's hair does better when washed often. And the scalp, well, that's totally individual, and you should wash your scalp as often as is needed. The scalp should always come first.

Astrid Carlisle
April 25th, 2019, 09:41 AM
Usually once every 6-7 days. Sometimes, but rarely, every 4-5 days, if theroots get particularly greasy

lapushka
April 25th, 2019, 03:44 PM
Welcome! I wash once a week! Normally Sundays or Saturday morning or night! Sulfate free and silicone free!

Still once a week for me too. Every Sunday morning. :) I do use sulfates & silicones, though. :D

tuanyiji
August 3rd, 2022, 01:18 AM
Once a week or two weeks or even three weeks if I am really committed.
I always bun it up in my waking hours and I don’t care about greasy hair or smell or what others think about it. And no water only rinse in between now.
To me, washing hair is an EVENT, I’d have to do hot oil treatment the day before and shampoo it twice and then conditioner or do ACV or rice water rinse, making sure my hair gets cleaned thoroughly and enough nutrition and moisture.
I use minoxidil every morning with scalp massage, and I do daily 5-minute scalp to end baohuashui treatment and let it air dry. I wear a protective style when I’m not bunning, and braid inside a silk bonnet when I sleep.
Result: I’m at tbl and I have glorious shiny hair with no split ends and very few daily sheds now. Though even my family would be very surprised at the rare sight of my letting my hair down and lounging around.

foreveryours
August 3rd, 2022, 01:38 AM
2X every week unless I have something better to do and then not less than 1X weekly else very bad things happen

Taliesyn
August 3rd, 2022, 02:51 AM
Usually once a week with sulfate shampoo but have periods when I wash twice a week if my scalp gets problematic (dandruff & itchiness).

pisinoe
August 3rd, 2022, 04:58 AM
Every other day. I’d wash everyday if I wasn’t so lazy.

Diana Prince
August 3rd, 2022, 05:47 AM
Three times a week. I'd wash it less, but it gets so oily and my scalp itches if I ever deter from this schedule.

lapis_lazuli
August 3rd, 2022, 09:39 AM
For my scalp (APL up), I aim for every 2-3 days. The length is whenever it feels like it needs it, but it can be stretched to a couple months.

Joyful Mystery
August 3rd, 2022, 10:34 AM
I wash twice a week, usually on Tuesday night and Saturday night.

Hedwig
August 3rd, 2022, 11:01 AM
I'm pretty much settled into an every other day washing cycle. My scalp is feeling better since I stopped using dry shampoo!

KokotheHen
August 3rd, 2022, 11:03 AM
I only wash once per week, usually Saturday evening.

LongLocke
August 3rd, 2022, 11:18 AM
My scalp does not like more than 3 days in between. After day 3, it becomes unbearably itchy. So i usually do an every other day wash to keep my scalp happy

bparnell75
August 3rd, 2022, 12:17 PM
Every 3 to 4 days. So a couple of times per week.

olivetime
August 3rd, 2022, 03:30 PM
Every two weeks, sometimes longer. (Years of learning to stretch washes paid off!)

Celtica
August 3rd, 2022, 07:08 PM
Usually about twice a week. Once a week and my hair gets too greasy and my scalp itchy, three times a week and my hair gets too dry, and my scalp flaky and sore. I use a medicated shampoo with sulphates (sebizole), and a -cone free conditioner.

Lesley8
August 4th, 2022, 01:33 AM
I usually wash 2x a week or really when it's needed. Trying not to wash it as often at the moment.

TatsuOni
August 4th, 2022, 12:14 PM
Welcome! :) Every other week or less.

Make that once a month or less now :p I'm just getting more and more lazy and my hair really doesn't need much washing :lol:

lapushka
August 4th, 2022, 12:33 PM
Make that once a month or less now :p I'm just getting more and more lazy and my hair really doesn't need much washing :lol:

Wow. You are a bit like my mom. She does 2 months, but she has 0 sebum production. It is not even one bit oily after those 2 months. It just that the lengths by then really need that shampoo, or she'd go longer.

vampyyri
August 4th, 2022, 12:46 PM
Every other day currently, when I stretch washes it makes my scalp too tender and angry (seborrheic dermatitis). Even when my hair was longer and I was trying to stretch washes to once a week, I would be in agony and the shampoo would burn my scalp :bigeyes:

Myx
August 4th, 2022, 06:46 PM
I tend to let my scalp and roots decide for me. If I'm feeling exceptionally irritated or oily, it's every 3 days or so. If it's not bothering me, I'll go longer.

SandyBottom
August 4th, 2022, 07:28 PM
With shampoo on scalp, about once a week or a little less often, depends how it feels. During the summer, I've been doing a quick rinse with conditioner only daily due to summer activities. This is the first summer I've tried this system and my hair seems quite happy with it.

shelomit
August 4th, 2022, 07:53 PM
Weekly with conditioner, shampoo when it wants it (seems to be in the two-ish-month range right now).

lithostoic
August 9th, 2022, 08:02 PM
I dyed my hair on the 28th and haven't washed it since. Usually it's about every 5-7ish days but I want my hair color to last. I'll be washing it tomorrow.

DweamGoiL
August 9th, 2022, 08:07 PM
Once a week during colder months and twice a week in warmer months.

Bat
August 10th, 2022, 04:17 AM
3-4 days I weirdly need more washes when it's longer while it's short 3-4 is ok

mermaid lullaby
August 11th, 2022, 01:22 PM
I'm using shampoo twice a week but currently I'm in the shower every other day just using water to rinse sweat off.

Celtic Morla
August 12th, 2022, 03:52 PM
Once a week in summer, longer times in winter

Flidas
August 16th, 2022, 07:27 PM
Every second or third day - longer if I'm not leaving the house. My straight hair is a mixture of fine and medium strands, and it looks greasy really quickly :(

Gibson_Girl
August 16th, 2022, 09:47 PM
In the summer, I wash once a week or as needed (if I've gone to the beach, the lake water needs to get rinsed out of my hair ASAP). My hair will get greasy after about a week, so that's about as far as I'll go. I can usually last longer without washing in the winter...maybe 1.5-2 weeks.
As I've begun to wash my hair more frequently (yes, once a week is frequent for me), I've noticed that my hair adjusts better to being washed than it did when I washed every 3-4 weeks. Maybe it's less of a shock to the hair, now that it's used to being washed? Who knows--all I can say is that my post-wash hair used to be a limp, unmanageable mess, and that now it just gets fluffy when I wash it...and I'll take fluffy hair over limp hair any day of the week :)

GoatLady
October 14th, 2022, 02:14 PM
My current washing schedule is every 3 days.

Duroniel
October 14th, 2022, 09:45 PM
I wash it once a week.

tuanyiji
October 14th, 2022, 09:59 PM
I always bun it up in my waking hours and I don’t care about greasy hair or smell or what others think about it. And no water only rinse in between now.
To me, washing hair is an EVENT, I’d have to do hot oil treatment the day before and shampoo it twice and then conditioner or do ACV or rice water rinse, making sure my hair gets cleaned thoroughly and enough nutrition and moisture.
I use minoxidil every morning with scalp massage, and I do daily 5-minute scalp to end baohuashui treatment and let it air dry. I wear a protective style when I’m not bunning, and braid inside a silk bonnet when I sleep.
Result: I’m at tbl and I have glorious shiny hair with no split ends and very few daily sheds now. Though even my family would be very surprised at the rare sight of my letting my hair down and lounging around.

I now change to do weekly water only rinse and monthly shampoo.

BVU
October 15th, 2022, 06:45 AM
I don't. Hoping to learn how to soon though

tuanyiji
October 15th, 2022, 07:12 AM
I don't. Hoping to learn how to soon though

So you belong to the NO WASH (NO/SO) persuasion? :)

BVU
October 15th, 2022, 08:08 AM
So you belong to the NO WASH (NO/SO) persuasion? :)

I guess, shampoo and conditioner was never worth the money in our eyes, so i was just taught to comb the oils down and let the scalp do the rest lol

AllyByrd
October 15th, 2022, 11:08 PM
Around the start of the pandemic I started trying to train my hair to be less greasy, and after a few months I was washing it about once a week or every six days or so, but had to use dry shampoo on the last day or two to make it look presentable.
However, I pretty soon figured out that I don’t really like the feel of dry shampoo, and I can be loose about the schedule— I just wash my hair whenever it feels like it needs to be washed, which is about every four or five days (which is a big improvement over needing to wash it every other day, like before I started).

SeppV
October 16th, 2022, 03:32 AM
Around the start of the pandemic I started trying to train my hair to be less greasy, and after a few months I was washing it about once a week or every six days or so, but had to use dry shampoo on the last day or two to make it look presentable.
However, I pretty soon figured out that I don’t really like the feel of dry shampoo, and I can be loose about the schedule— I just wash my hair whenever it feels like it needs to be washed, which is about every four or five days (which is a big improvement over needing to wash it every other day, like before I started).

I have a similar schedule. It tends to be on the 4th or 5th day. But it can depend.... if I choose to do a scalp wash only, I will do a full wash once a week. So my week looks like this:

- Scalp wash one day (I don't reall wash all of my scalp, but from front to crown up side down with my hair in a braid)
- Full wash (pre wash oiling and CWC, and about once ever fourth full wash I will skip the oil and shampoo my lenghts too)

Dark40
October 16th, 2022, 12:45 PM
I don't condition....I use the pert plus 2 in 1 and I really like it so far...plus I enjoy the clean smell it has....kinda like the old Pantene pro v smell....I miss that medicinal smell it used to have. I think I don't have to wash my hair as much...I just enjoy the process of washing my hair and lathering up...I always feel like I'm doing something good for myself every time I shampoo. Anyhow thanks for the advice...I'm gonna give shampooing a break to maybe 3 to 2 x a week and see what that does for my scalp and hair growth....
Thanks everybody
Carlos

Ohh yeah, I also love the way that the old pantene pro v used to smell too, with that medicinal it used to have. Are you referring to the old vintage one???

Gwendolynn
October 17th, 2022, 12:37 PM
I really enjoyed washing with water every two weeks and with shampoo once a month (so having one wash with water and the next with soap, rinse and repeat). Now I don't wash anymore but that was a really nice schedule to me!

Mlarmour
October 18th, 2022, 08:32 AM
Every 7-10 days unless my son vomits and my hair gets in it. I'm washing my hair later today as he's been sick on me again, 2 days after my last wash.

lapushka
October 18th, 2022, 09:34 AM
Still: every week, so every Sunday. I have a chunk of time (5H) set apart for air drying before I lightly diffuse to get it dry.

Used to be 2 to 3 times a week in my teens, 20s and early 30s. Until something medical happened that made me have to postpone it to every 2 weeks for months on end (about 9). Man, my SD went haywire, absolute haywire, but apparently suddenly once a week was it!

Bri-Chan
October 18th, 2022, 09:44 AM
Twice a week. Between every wash day, there are 3-4 days. It can change due to special situations but it's usually like this and I think it's the best option for my hair and scalp.

SevereLocks
April 8th, 2023, 04:50 PM
around every 9 days

pumpkinsage
April 8th, 2023, 05:18 PM
I do every 2-3 days right now, sometimes every 4 days! I want to stretch it out further but I tend to get an itchy scalp that needs exfoliating by the 3rd or 4th day without washing.

mochichichi
April 8th, 2023, 06:05 PM
I currently wash about every 2 weeks, usually on Saturday so it has time to dry. I'd like to eventually stretch to 4 weeks.

I washed once a week for years before this.

tuanyiji
April 8th, 2023, 06:54 PM

I now change to do weekly water only rinse and monthly shampoo.

I now changed my water only rinse day to Saturday night so I can get rid of a whole week of sweaty workout and get a refreshing Sunday.

lapushka
April 9th, 2023, 06:37 AM
Still weekly even with "shorter" hair (BSL). I love that I did not have to change that routine. My scalp really seems to have normalized somewhat with age.

cookies
April 9th, 2023, 08:08 AM
As needed, which is usually every 4-6 days. I do an SMT after every other wash and I think I’ll start overnight oiling before the remaining washes.