PDA

View Full Version : Root Touch Up - What Temporary, Semi Permanent Dye do you use?

cheeky
December 5th, 2017, 07:41 PM
Please share your experience with semi permanent or temporary dyes. I'm looking for something that washes out immediately or lasts up to 6 washes.

Prefer something that doesn't run, so I'm not streaked if I sweat or get caught in the rain.

I'm growing out my grey hair. For the first year, I want to blend my grey roots with my hendigo colored hair. I'd rather not permanently stain my silvers, so I absolutely want products that wash out.

Dark40
December 5th, 2017, 09:38 PM
I use semi permanent hair dyes all of the time. My 2 favorite ones are Jazzing by Clairol and Adore. I think the Adore one lasts up to 6 or 10 shampoos.

Anje
December 5th, 2017, 10:37 PM
I like Adore, but it sticks a lot better to hair that's been dyed/bleached than to virgin hair, at least on my own head.

lapushka
December 6th, 2017, 08:33 AM
Some wash-out dyes do not cover grays! So pay attention to that. Some do, but you'll have to scour the brands a bit. Maybe go to your local Sally's and get someone to help you.

Dark40
December 6th, 2017, 12:26 PM
I like Adore, but it sticks a lot better to hair that's been dyed/bleached than to virgin hair, at least on my own head.

Yes, it does stick a lot better to hair that's been dyed/bleached than to virgin hair, it also does on mine too. I can use a blonde shade of dye on my hair, and then use a red shade of Adore on it, and it will turn red and stay red for a nice amount of time.

cheeky
December 16th, 2017, 11:17 AM
Yes, it does stick a lot better to hair that's been dyed/bleached than to virgin hair, it also does on mine too. I can use a blonde shade of dye on my hair, and then use a red shade of Adore on it, and it will turn red and stay red for a nice amount of time.

Does this mean you bleach your hair/lift it a bit, then apply the red?

I suppose this will teach me how resistant greys really are. I don't need full coverage but I would appreciate a blending affect. Right now, I have a very stark demarcation line between my previously hendigoed hair and my silver roots.

Robi-Bird
December 16th, 2017, 01:20 PM
I haven't found a semi brown that covers my greys and/or doesn't come out black on me so I use demis. Best luck has been with Natural Instincts creme.

2gaits
December 17th, 2017, 11:27 AM
From what I've read you really don't want anything on your new silver growth. You might try a consultation with a professional to see about blending your already colored hair but leaving roots alone.

Obsidian
December 17th, 2017, 06:24 PM
Try fanciful hair rinse. Its a temporary color that washes out with one shampoo. Its not a dye so it never stains. It would run though if you got caught in the rain.

Raevyngoddess
December 17th, 2017, 10:57 PM
I usually use manic panic or Arctic fox

Raevyngoddess
December 17th, 2017, 10:58 PM
The Jazzing colors wash out pretty quickly.