PDA

View Full Version : It grooooooooooooooows! Evidence within...

Crystawni
December 3rd, 2017, 09:40 PM
It's that time of the month.

Noooooo, not that time. :blushing:

Length pic time! And as I've just posted my last monthly shot for this year, I noodled around with all that's been and came up with this evidence of lengtherage from when I joined LHC in April 2014 (61cm/24"--APL+) until December 2017 (98cm/38.5"--TBL+), with a snip/shape break in growth during 2015:

https://i.imgur.com/Jd0SG9j.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/yDSf4kG.jpg

I maybe even mighthaps could be now call myself a longhair? <<< longer hair does not = betterer worderage, especially if I'm the practicing wordsmith. :rolling:

So, how's it hanging? Any progress to report?

racheldelrey
December 3rd, 2017, 09:42 PM
It is so beautiful! Such wonderful and inspiring progress! :o

Groovy Granny
December 3rd, 2017, 09:44 PM
:thud: What great progress... and beautiful hair.... congrats :thumbsup:

Atarah
December 3rd, 2017, 09:53 PM
Wow, that is a lot of growth! And it is very pretty!

Alissalocks
December 3rd, 2017, 10:06 PM
I love how the length gives such a nice shape to your hair, especially the weight of it and how it hangs :cloud9: lovely waves and colors! Gives me inspiration, especially as it's only been about a year and a bit that I've been on LHC and I also started here with roughly BSL length hair.

Crystawni
December 3rd, 2017, 10:56 PM
Thank you so much, and happy growing (or maintaining, or straddling the lines), racheldelrey, Groovy Granny, Atarah and Alissalocks! :flowers: I forgot to add that from the end of April until the end of '14 I didn't trim, then '15 was all about the trim, then in '16 I trimmed every few months with a 6ish month no-trim challenge at the end of the year, and '17 has been tri-annual trims. It's my way of enjoying the journey; every step of the way.

YumiYume
December 4th, 2017, 12:00 AM
Ohhhh it is so pretty ^^!!

And your post is so happy and cheerful <3

I have Not taken any month lenth pic, maby i should, im growing out virgin but it feels like nothing happens :/

Rhoward
December 4th, 2017, 12:00 AM
Wow, stunning hair, so thick and shiny and I love the wave in it, so pretty

diddiedaisy
December 4th, 2017, 12:28 AM
Wow, great photos. Your hair looks stunning at all lengths, you must be very pleased and proud of your hair. :)

Sarahlabyrinth
December 4th, 2017, 01:07 AM
More and more betterer every day! :laugh: :p Glorious hair!

Corvana
December 4th, 2017, 01:09 AM
:thudpile: Incredible!

enting
December 4th, 2017, 02:26 AM
Indeed it does grow! Besides, how are you supposed to come up with proper wordage when confronted with such overwhelming, glorious evidence?

Crystawni
December 4th, 2017, 02:53 AM
Ohhhh it is so pretty ^^!!

And your post is so happy and cheerful <3

I have Not taken any month lenth pic, maby i should, im growing out virgin but it feels like nothing happens :/

Thankyou! Even monthly pics can feel like nothing is happening--not until you stitch the pics together, anyway. It's really helped keep me motivated, though, and can show all kinds of quirks you don't see day to day (no eyes in the back of the head, or cool twists of contortion, or long enough mirrors for me...).

Wow, stunning hair, so thick and shiny and I love the wave in it, so pretty

*hair waves a thankyou to you* :D

Wow, great photos. Your hair looks stunning at all lengths, you must be very pleased and proud of your hair. :)

Ta, diddie! It's bunned most of the time because I swear it has a mind of its own (especially now it's longer), so this is about the only time it gets to shine. :wink:

More and more betterer every day! :laugh: :p Glorious hair!

Betterer is gooderer, oh inspirational one. :) I could get used to this longhair gig. :cool:

:thudpile: Incredible!

Naw, now I've gone all mushy under the pile of thudness! Thankyou!

Indeed it does grow! Besides, how are you supposed to come up with proper wordage when confronted with such overwhelming, glorious evidence?

Pssssh. You're making my hair blush. :p

Suze
December 4th, 2017, 04:28 AM
Glorious, gorgeous, beyond beautiful -I need to make up new words to express it's beauty hair-!! :thud:

lapushka
December 4th, 2017, 04:42 AM
Great progress. Goes to show that it does make a difference month to month and that patience (and not snipping or having it snipped in between due to frustration) really pays off.

Congrats. :thumbsup:

OhSuzi
December 4th, 2017, 04:55 AM
WOW! Inspirational!

CindyOfTheOaks
December 4th, 2017, 05:44 AM
Beautiful !
You have a mane to be proud of !

-Fern
December 4th, 2017, 06:27 AM
Beautiful, Crystawni!! :D

spidermom
December 4th, 2017, 06:41 AM
Interesting how there isn't much change from one month to the next, but it all adds up. I remember when I used to grow my hair out from a short haircut for A WHOLE YEAR! then cut it off from frustration because it wasn't long yet. It does take time.

Dendra
December 4th, 2017, 06:44 AM
Amazing Crystawni, thank you for compiling all your photos like that. It's super cool and must be really satisfying for you to look back on the growth of your magical tawny owl hair ;)

EdG
December 4th, 2017, 06:50 AM
That is excellent. :hifive: :thud:
Ed

TatsuOni
December 4th, 2017, 08:02 AM
Beautiful! :)

NightSister
December 4th, 2017, 09:06 AM
:applause What a beautiful journey!

Guitargod
December 4th, 2017, 09:46 AM
Definitely what I would call long hair - and it looks great.

Cg
December 4th, 2017, 11:46 AM
Proof positive that patience pays off. (If you can invent words, I can abuse alliteration.) Beautiful!

Stray_mind
December 4th, 2017, 12:06 PM
Congrats on your progress. Your hair looks stunning!

YumiYume
December 4th, 2017, 12:49 PM
Crystawni: thank you for your peptalk :D! Then i will start taking monthly length photos, and ill make december the first month :D!

Seija
December 4th, 2017, 01:07 PM
Lovely progress and waves!

Jo Ann
December 4th, 2017, 01:28 PM
What a Most Bodacious Glorious Mane! Beautiful growth and I love the progression of the natural highlights!

Morer is DEFINITELY betterer!

dollhair
December 4th, 2017, 02:29 PM
WOOOOW you got so much growth!! It looks so healthy its gorgeous :)

Beeboo123
December 4th, 2017, 02:45 PM
Stop having such nice hair, you’re making me jealous. XD

I simply adore your natural highlights, I’m so intrigued by them. What was your hair like as a child? Did you start out blonde, with the top layers of hair darkening as you got older, or have the highlights always been there?

Crystawni
December 4th, 2017, 04:23 PM
Good gravy! :waving: Hi guys! Thank you so much for your comments, Suze, lapushka, OhSuzi, CindyOfTheOaks, Fern, spidermom, Dendra, Ed, Tatsu, NightSister, Guitargod, Cg, Stray_mind, YumiYume (yay--I look forward to following your progress!), Seija, Jo Ann, dollhair, and Beeboo! :heartbeat No wonder my hair blazes red at times! :o

Beeboo, the highlights are from my always-tawny/alburnish hair losing pigment and turning white which started in my mid 20s. aka: going grey. I've just let them have their way, and style to let them shine (u-hemline and light layering in the last few inches as most are in the underlayer). I'm only recently getting silver hairs to add to the mix, which means I sport all the hair colours now (from white and silver, to blonde, red, brown and black). Confuddled hair, I haz it.

Dark40
December 4th, 2017, 04:53 PM
Wow, what great progress! Your hair is so pretty at all of the lengths! Congrats on reaching your goal! I also love all of the different colors and waves too.

Crystawni
December 4th, 2017, 05:39 PM
Thank you, Dark40! :blossom: There's a little more lengtherage in my future, but I don't see me going too much longer. Just enough to look TBL when my hair is curlier. But this is LHC... Never say never.

Dark40
December 4th, 2017, 05:46 PM
You're welcome, Crystawni:blossom: Oh, ok cool! I've also have more lengtherage in my future as well. I'm not stopping until I can't handle it anymore. I have in my profile that my goal is Ankle Length. I hope that I'll be able to handle it at that length since it's never been that long before. I bet it does look TBL when it's curlier! TBL is also a nice length I think too! I think if I don't like mine at Ankle Length I may cut it back to Mid Thigh. Yeah, you've got that right. This is LHC! Never say never.

Crystawni
December 4th, 2017, 05:55 PM
Your journey to ankle is going to be epic, Dark40! Good luck wherever you end up, and please keep us posted. Your posts always bring a smile to my face.

Alysia
December 4th, 2017, 06:17 PM
Your hair colors are so pretty! You’re also very good at taking consistent pictures-these look like time-lapses. :)

Beeboo123
December 4th, 2017, 10:41 PM
Beeboo, the highlights are from my always-tawny/alburnish hair losing pigment and turning white which started in my mid 20s. aka: going grey. I've just let them have their way, and style to let them shine (u-hemline and light layering in the last few inches as most are in the underlayer). I'm only recently getting silver hairs to add to the mix, which means I sport all the hair colours now (from white and silver, to blonde, red, brown and black). Confuddled hair, I haz it.

That must be the most fun way to go gray, ever

school of fish
December 5th, 2017, 06:17 AM
Just stunning!

Thank you for documenting your progress so faithfully, because you know we're all here for the pics, right? ;)

Dendra
December 5th, 2017, 06:29 AM
Just stunning!

Thank you for documenting your progress so faithfully, because you know we're all here for the pics, right? ;)

Exactly this!!

T0n1c
December 5th, 2017, 09:20 AM
Wow, so pretty! And it looks so healthy too, all that shine!

Definitely gives me encouragement and inspiration. My hair is currently about the length of your #8 photo. If I can look forward to anything close to your growth in 2-3 years, I'll be thrilled!

Crystawni
December 8th, 2017, 12:21 AM
Your hair colors are so pretty! You’re also very good at taking consistent pictures-these look like time-lapses. :)

If only hairgrowing time went as quickly as viewing the pics! Thank you, Alysia!

That must be the most fun way to go gray, ever

It defs keeps it interesting! :grin:

Just stunning!

Of course! :p Thank you school of fish! Your own (growing out underlayer) pics and documentation have been an inspiration to me (I'm doing it from the reverse side after a compact cut scragglefest).

Wow, so pretty! And it looks so healthy too, all that shine!

Definitely gives me encouragement and inspiration. My hair is currently about the length of your #8 photo. If I can look forward to anything close to your growth in 2-3 years, I'll be thrilled!

Thank you T0n1c! I got my own inspiration from other's pics, so know how it pays off in the long run. Keep on growing strong!

Stray_mind
December 9th, 2017, 04:23 AM
I've said it many times and i'll say it again.
Absolutely stunning, Marvelous, Breath taking, Beautiful mane :) :) :)

I wish my hair will look like that when it gets to my goal length.

peachyleshy
December 9th, 2017, 12:27 PM
I loooove your hair, Crystawni! I love your colors and waves! Your process is inspirational and envy provoking!

Crystawni
December 9th, 2017, 10:21 PM
Thank you, peachyleshy and again (to someone on the regrow who's been one of my inspirations from the start!) Stray_mind! :flowers:

Stray_mind
December 10th, 2017, 10:39 AM
Thank you, peachyleshy and again (to someone on the regrow who's been one of my inspirations from the start!) Stray_mind! :flowers:

Awwww. Thank you. I feel so honored to be called your inspiration :)

You are Mine more likely.

lucid
December 12th, 2017, 05:25 AM
Your hair is gorgeous! Love your waves, and the increasing length suites them.

lottiealice
December 12th, 2017, 11:56 AM
Your hair is gorgeous, your growth is amazing. I'm jealous. :thud:

*Wednesday*
December 15th, 2017, 11:01 AM
I like the tile effect. Great hair.

vpatt
December 15th, 2017, 11:48 AM
Ah, Crystawni, so beautiful....I just don't know any other way to say it.... I love your hair.

Crystawni
December 15th, 2017, 03:59 PM
Your hair is gorgeous! Love your waves, and the increasing length suites them.

Your hair is gorgeous, your growth is amazing. I'm jealous. :thud:

I like the tile effect. Great hair.

Ah, Crystawni, so beautiful....I just don't know any other way to say it.... I love your hair.

:blossom: Thank you all! :blossom: I was refreshing my face framers last night, and had the urge to snip more... Fuller hem, up to BSL mayhaps? Loads of long, swingy layers like the front? I think the silly season coupled with the constant blast of summer heat is getting to me. I put my hair up for the night and hid the scissors quick smart. :lol:

Sarahlabyrinth
December 15th, 2017, 04:01 PM
:blossom: Thank you all! :blossom: I was refreshing my face framers last night, and had the urge to snip more... Fuller hem, up to BSL mayhaps? Loads of long, swingy layers like the front? I think the silly season coupled with the constant blast of summer heat is getting to me. I put my hair up for the night and hid the scissors quick smart. :lol:

Very sensible, wouldn't want you to do anything rash... :p

Crystawni
December 15th, 2017, 04:10 PM
All because the length at the back is making it harder to blend the shorter face framers aaaaaaaaaaaaaaall the way down, where the shortest front strand is end-of-nose length. Long hair problems. Bahahahahaha!