PDA

View Full Version : 1 year of hair growth, 6 months on LHC (pics)

KlutzyChy1
December 1st, 2017, 05:37 PM
I'm a bit nervous to post this, as I know it's not nearly impressive as some of you lovely ladies & gents and I still have such a long way to go, but I thought I'd share my one year progress. I have worked so hard to get my hair to where it's at, and it has been such an emotional journey for me. This community has been so wonderful to me & I can't thank you guys enough for the support & advice you've given in the short time I've been here.

December 2016
https://i.imgur.com/i2QELQ1l.jpg

December 2017
https://i.imgur.com/sG7Nvkwl.jpg

Corvana
December 1st, 2017, 07:41 PM
That's some really impressive growth!! Congrats!

Eastbound&Down
December 1st, 2017, 08:04 PM
Wow! Your hair looks amazing. That's really great growth for a year, nothing to be nervous about!

spidermom
December 1st, 2017, 10:31 PM
The phrase "grows like a weed" comes to mind. Impressive!

Sarahlabyrinth
December 2nd, 2017, 12:49 AM
Wow, what a difference! Congratulations :D

Martinaa
December 2nd, 2017, 02:05 AM
What a thick healthy looking hair ! And the growth is Really more than impressive :)

diddiedaisy
December 2nd, 2017, 02:44 AM
Lovely thick hair. Congratulations :)

Lanalavallama
December 2nd, 2017, 05:25 AM
That is amazing progress, your hair is beautiful. Congratulations.

Jas
December 2nd, 2017, 05:27 AM
That's great progress, congrats!

lithostoic
December 2nd, 2017, 05:51 AM
I am impressed! Look how thick and long!

NightSister
December 2nd, 2017, 05:52 AM
Wonderful progress, looks thick and lovely!

Guitargod
December 2nd, 2017, 07:00 AM
That's a lot of growth in one year - the thick hair looks really impressive.

lapushka
December 2nd, 2017, 07:19 AM
That is some amazing growth, and I *love* your natural color. :inlove:

TatsuOni
December 2nd, 2017, 08:24 AM
Congrats! That's some great progress! :)

KlutzyChy1
December 2nd, 2017, 08:27 AM
Oh my goodness, I could cry. Waking up to all of your lovely comments has put such a huge smile on my face this morning. Thank you so much.❤

& lapushka, I'm still working towards loving my natural color! I can give up the flat iron for good, but I don't know if I'll be able to give up dying it completely! But I still have a while until all my virgin hair is where I want it to be, so who knows how I'll feel then.

Dendra
December 2nd, 2017, 01:28 PM
Your hair is soooo lovely Klutzy, I just said that in the growing out dye thread but anyway you have one of my favourite heads of hair on LHC! Everything about it is great including your natural colour so you just keep on growing it out :)

KlutzyChy1
December 2nd, 2017, 01:41 PM
Your hair is soooo lovely Klutzy, I just said that in the growing out dye thread but anyway you have one of my favourite heads of hair on LHC! Everything about it is great including your natural colour so you just keep on growing it out :)

Oh my goodness, you are so sweet! I'm literally crying happy tears right now. This has been such an emotional journey for me, as I'm growing back my hair from a horrible shed and am trying to get to a place where I'm comfortable in my own skin. There are so many lovely heads of hair here that at times make me feel so insecure about my own, so to hear that mine is one of your favorites really means so much! Thank you!❤

lapushka
December 2nd, 2017, 02:02 PM
Oh my goodness, I could cry. Waking up to all of your lovely comments has put such a huge smile on my face this morning. Thank you so much.❤

& lapushka, I'm still working towards loving my natural color! I can give up the flat iron for good, but I don't know if I'll be able to give up dying it completely! But I still have a while until all my virgin hair is where I want it to be, so who knows how I'll feel then.

Honestly, I would love your color. Mine is far more ashy than yours is and sometimes you grow tired of it, but I'm never coloring again from where I am right now. I had that dye disaster (chemical cut & burn) happen to me, and I remember it far too well still. So I know what the risk is. Growing it out first seems like a good idea! :D Hang in there. :thumbsup:

Dendra
December 2nd, 2017, 03:43 PM
Oh my goodness, you are so sweet! I'm literally crying happy tears right now. This has been such an emotional journey for me, as I'm growing back my hair from a horrible shed and am trying to get to a place where I'm comfortable in my own skin. There are so many lovely heads of hair here that at times make me feel so insecure about my own, so to hear that mine is one of your favorites really means so much! Thank you!❤

No worries! I'm glad I could make you smile (and cry!) :grouphug:

Groovy Granny
December 2nd, 2017, 05:35 PM
Congrats ~ it looks great :applause:

CindyOfTheOaks
December 2nd, 2017, 06:11 PM
You've had some amazing growth...and look at the shine that you have now !
Beautiful !
( I like the colors )

KlutzyChy1
December 2nd, 2017, 07:44 PM
You've had some amazing growth...and look at the shine that you have now !
Beautiful !
( I like the colors )

Thank you so much! You're so sweet ❤ I wasn't expecting to get this many lovely comments!

Garnetgem
December 2nd, 2017, 09:02 PM
Wow such beautiful locks of hair...love everything about it :)

KlutzyChy1
December 3rd, 2017, 07:11 AM
Wow such beautiful locks of hair...love everything about it :)

Thank you so much! ❤I've worked so hard on it this year. I can't wait until all of the damage and layers are grown out!

Alysia
December 3rd, 2017, 07:33 AM
Congratulations! That’s impressive growth, and your virgin hair has such rich color and shine.

KlutzyChy1
December 3rd, 2017, 09:23 AM
Congratulations! That’s impressive growth, and your virgin hair has such rich color and shine.

Thank you so much!❤ I'm trying to learn to love and embrace my natural color, it's encouraging to hear that a lot of ladies here like it!

Beckstar
December 3rd, 2017, 10:27 AM
Beautiful. People pay a lot of money for the ombre look and it looks so cool on. you.

KlutzyChy1
December 3rd, 2017, 11:58 AM
Beautiful. People pay a lot of money for the ombre look and it looks so cool on. you.

Do you really think so?! Thank you so much.❤ That's one of the hardest parts about growing out my natural hair, is that I'm often self conscious about my hair being two very obviously different colors. It's nice to know that other people like it!

Suze
December 3rd, 2017, 02:22 PM
Very beautiful and some impressive growth. The 2-tone you have going on is going to look great in buns and other updo's I think!:o

KlutzyChy1
December 3rd, 2017, 03:26 PM
Very beautiful and some impressive growth. The 2-tone you have going on is going to look great in buns and other updo's I think!:o

Awe you're so sweet. Thank you! ❤ Reading all of these lovely comments is really helping me learn to love and embrace my hair every step of the way. I just need to learn how to do updos and protective styles now!

Arete
December 3rd, 2017, 07:28 PM
I think your hair is just lovely! And that's quite a bit of growth for a year. It looks almost more than 7" in the pictures. How tall are you?

KlutzyChy1
December 3rd, 2017, 07:56 PM
I think your hair is just lovely! And that's quite a bit of growth for a year. It looks almost more than 7" in the pictures. How tall are you?

Awe you're so sweet, thank you! ❤. I'm actually not tall at all, I'm only 5"1'!