PDA

View Full Version : 1.5 years of growth with LHC (SL to MBL) (pics)

Tkoxo
November 30th, 2017, 05:48 PM
Hi everyone,

This is my first time posting here but I've been lurking LHC since I had to cut my hair short due to severe bleach damage and I've learned a lot from this forum over the past year and a half. Aside from the wonderful advice I've taken from this forum, I also used to come on here all the time to look at growth progress pics to remind myself that my hair would grow back if I took care of it. Now that my hair is finally becoming long and healthy again, I wanted to share my progress for anyone who's like me and comes on here to give themselves hope for their hair growing back or just to fantasize about how much longer it'll be in a few months.

This is a side-by-side comparison of my hair when I first cut it a year and a half ago, a year after I cut it (6 months ago), and what it looks like now. I started with SL and am now around MBL. I recently trimmed it and didn't measure before, but as of now I've gained a little over 8.5 inches of length in a year and a half.
https://i.imgur.com/1VEzk1C.jpg

This is what it looks like from the front, Halloween 2016 vs late November 2017 (just over a year difference).
https://i.imgur.com/izWWGee.jpg

I know the color is kinda gross right now but I'm just trying to grow my natural color out at this point and don't want to damage the ends further. My hair regimen involves only washing 2-3 times per week, bunning it to sleep, no heat!! (including blow drying and heat tools), oiling the ends each time I wash it, deep conditioning at least once a week, steaming every 1-2 months with castor oil on the roots and coconut oil on the ends, brushing from ends to roots, trimming about an inch 1-2 times per year, and the Wet Brush has been an absolute lifesaver.

Thanks to everyone who has helped me with their posts over the last year and a half. I would love to see your progress as well so please feel free to add your own photos in here! :bottomsup:

2gaits
November 30th, 2017, 08:48 PM
Thanks for posting your pictures. You have gained some good length and it is helpful to see. Gives me hope sine my hair seems to stall out some with growing.

Groovy Granny
November 30th, 2017, 09:04 PM
Welcome :waving:

Your hair looks great...congrats for the progress and changes you have made :applause:

I love my Wet Brush; I have a vented one for the shower and one with boar bristles for every day detangling.

Enjoy the forum ....and happy growing :cheer:

lithostoic
December 1st, 2017, 08:59 AM
Great progress! The color looks nice to me but I totally get it, my hair is waist length but my virgin hair is only about shoulder length, APL in some areas.

Gaelic Girl
December 1st, 2017, 09:05 AM
WHOOOO hooo!! Looks fantastic!! Congratulations!!!

Dendra
December 1st, 2017, 10:13 AM
It looks really good Tkoxo! So much thicker healthier and happier. I like the colour :D

I too have been growing out dye for just over a year and a half and love seeing people's progress.

Jo Ann
December 1st, 2017, 01:00 PM
Welcome aboard, Tkoxo!

Seriously, I do NOT see anything wrong with your color! Your growth has been awesome and you've found a way to cope with your damage and it shows! Glowing and so healthy, with an enviable hemline :toast:

Guitargod
December 1st, 2017, 02:18 PM
Agreed don't worry about the color. It looks like naturally sun bleached ends to me.
Your hair looks great.