PDA

View Full Version : Airplanes

ninjarambohd
November 24th, 2017, 06:25 PM
Hey all! Ok so basically I don't know if this is a coincidence or not. But anytime I travel by plane even if the flight is 2 hours the next day my hair becomes flat and limp and even if I wash it it's the same but two or three days later it returns to normal with volume. Is this a coincidence or does air travel do this to anyone else?

Todd
November 24th, 2017, 06:39 PM
The air on board an airplane is very dry. Maybe that makes a difference?

Jo Ann
November 24th, 2017, 08:41 PM
It sure does! My SIL is a flight attendant, and she's CONSTANTLY drinking water to rehydrate!

ShahMat
November 25th, 2017, 07:18 AM
I thought I was the only one, AND DBF thinks I'm paranoid xD
Every time I catch a plane, my hair gets dull and super-duper dry. I'm not very split prone, but I also get more splits than usual, even if I keep it braided.
It does get a bit better if I use a few drops of argan oil on the tassel though

amiraaah
November 25th, 2017, 09:19 AM
whenever i travel i wash my hair and straighten it before my flight immediately,i don't know why but this is a habit.so my scalp is squeaky clean,but just when i reach my destination wherever (hot country or cold)my scalp will smell like sebum and the hair on top of my head will be flat,also my hair will be fried .

pandabarrier
November 25th, 2017, 10:45 AM
Whenever I travel my hair gets flat and limp, but very greasy on the roots and dry on the lengths, even if I had washed and deep conditioned right before the flight.

Sarahlabyrinth
November 25th, 2017, 10:52 AM
I worry more about tangling on flights than dryness.

lapushka
November 25th, 2017, 03:32 PM
OMG it's been simply ages since I've been on a plane. :)

I wouldn't worry about it; it's not going to do permanent damage, if that's what you think. Just go with it, and take care of your hair the best you can, under the circumstances.

gustavonut
November 26th, 2017, 02:54 AM
I fly often and I always keep it up and away from bag straps, seats, OTHER PEOPLE (yes this happens), and whatever else can rip or rub against it. And usually I’ll use some coconut oil on my ends because of how dry the air is up there. I never take it down while traveling because of how dirty everything seems.. and my scalp gets very sweaty when running or even sitting for a long time while traveling. It can feel unclean even if you showered beforehand, not sure why, but it happens :/ But I will say, if you can manage it, try to shower as soon as you get to your destination. You never know what’s been “attached” to you while you were going abroad.

TheCurlyMermaid
November 27th, 2017, 02:34 PM
Yes! All of the moisture is always sucked right out of my hair after longer plane rides (I fly transatlantic a few times a year). But I've gotten to the point where I'll shamelessly put a sheet mask on to keep my face hydrated and I think this time I'll moisturize my hair before getting on/right when I get on and tie it up in a cute silk scarf. I don't know any of them anyway, so I don't mind if I look like a weirdo! I'll walk off the plane looking fresh and hydrated!