PDA

View Full Version : CO question

TheKnight'sLady
October 28th, 2008, 08:25 PM
Another newbie question. I looked through all the CO threads and couldn't find the answer, so I am really sorry if it is already there. I have used cones all my life and I am thinking of switching to no cones and CO washing. Do I need to do a clarifying shampoo before starting the new routine? And in regards to CO, do you really have to leave it in for 30 minutes? That seems like it would make a shower take a REALLY long time:confused: Help?! Thanks in advance

Dolly
October 28th, 2008, 08:44 PM
I used to CO, and I only left mine on for 30 minutes if I thought it needed a deep conditioning.....normally, I would glob it on, work it in, pop on a shower cap and go about the rest of my shower (however long that would take.....usually 10 min or so), and then rinse. Worked like a charm for me.....

I would clarify to remove any cone buildup before starting a new routine. That way, you will know that there is not anything hanging around that could cause problems.

TheKnight'sLady
October 28th, 2008, 09:28 PM
thank you!

Carolyn
October 28th, 2008, 10:15 PM
If you've been using a lot of cones then yes I think I'd clarify. It can't hurt to do it. No you don't have to leave the conditioner on that long. You can "scrub" it in by using the pads of your fingertips on your scalp. If you want to leave it on a long time, get a plastic shower cap or conditioning cap. Sallys has them. Load your hair up with conditioner and cover with the plastic cap. After that I wrap my head in a Turbie type towel and let that sit on my head for a while. Some people use a wool stocking cap that will capture your body heat and be like a mini heat cap. I get on the computer and surf LHC or knit or do laundry or something like that for as long as I feel like it. Then I go rinse it out. You don't have to stand in the shower for half an hour.