PDA

View Full Version : help me decide please!

amiraaah
November 22nd, 2017, 02:52 PM
so the last time i trimmed my hair was on 16 september,before i cut about 2.25 inches from my hair on june and now i retained that length.when i take any photos i notice that my ends are too wispy and thin i can't decide whether to cut my thin ends (i am motivated to do so after seeing wispe and lothi hairs and their new perfect hemline,congratulations!girls :cheer: )but i also feel like i should microtrim to get rid of it gradually ,still i don't want to lose my length:confused:
here's a photo of my hair i took it now after brushing my curls
https://s7.postimg.org/v2mc6tix3/Full_Size_Render_3.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/v2mc6tix3/)

Groovy Granny
November 22nd, 2017, 02:59 PM
Hmmm..to me they look pretty and clumped together; they don't look thin and wispy! :confused: I would just micro trim.

But go with YOUR GUT...if it is on your mind every time you look at your hair then make a small change to be sure.

I was like that growing out my layers; MY ends were very wispy because they are fine and silver...so I get your displeasure.
I did micro trims a few times and did small chops to get my thicker hemline. ;)

Alex Lou
November 22nd, 2017, 03:25 PM
I'd be interested to see your unbrushed curls. After all, if you were to wear it down, you wouldn't brush, would you?

Jo Ann
November 22nd, 2017, 03:42 PM
Your hair type is similar to mine, Amiraaah. If you did ANY cutting, I would do as GG suggests--microtrim. When I wear my hair down, that is EXACTLY what it does--the waves, wurls and curls "clump" together just like that. It is the nature of the Beast.

Your hair is very pretty!

lapushka
November 22nd, 2017, 04:35 PM
I would try and not brush the curls; wispy ends look far better when curls are clumped, trust me. I have layers and when I leave my ends alone, they "fall" better.

amiraaah
November 23rd, 2017, 04:12 AM
thank you all for responding!
Groovy Granny,my problem is that i have varying lengths all over my head some do not even reach my pony.when i trim i take off from the end of it so the shorter layers split because they aren't trimmed.and if i trimmed the layers too i won't achieve my desired blunt cut,this is really confusing hehe.

Jo Ann,we have similar hairs i know,so what do you recommend how often should i microtrim? how much should i take off?i want to get rid of them so fast.

Alex Lou,yes when i wear it down i don't brush it.my hair doesn't puff up so that's why i tend to brush it alot.i will insert a pic of my curly hair.

lapushka,yes they fall better but still they look thin and parted as well.

amiraaah
November 23rd, 2017, 04:27 AM
https://s7.postimg.org/f87y3rfvb/hairlength1.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/f87y3rfvb/)

OhSuzi
November 23rd, 2017, 05:38 AM
Like when people grow out roots, some people do it slowly with micro trims, so they have roots for a long time, but don't lose the length.
& the colour change is gradual but the length & growth is longer & much quicker

Or Some people chop it all off at the colour line - so you've immediately sorted out your root problem real quick, but now there's a loonnng wait to grow your hair the desired length.

So depends on which of those sound more appealing. Me personally, Id go for the chop! Instant & generally healthier!

Looking at that pic - If your hair is genuinely less thick towards the ends & it's not just the curls sticking together, Id either blunt chop straight accross at armpit level as that's where all your hair is definitely evenly thick & shiny & luscious - Or to avoid losing the length Id chop a U or a V starting at the armpit and down as far as maybe your bra strap.

Although .... if that is curly hair brushed out - its hard to say - If you cut it straight after brushing & then let your hair curl it might be all different lengths!
You're supposed to cut it whilst curly, So maybe I'd re-evaluate the situation after a wash n dry of your hair in its natural curly state and you can see how long and thick and what shape it naturally is first before making any rash decisions.

calmyogi
November 23rd, 2017, 07:13 AM
I think it looks very pretty either way. If I saw you out in public I wouldn’t think anything was wrong with your hair, just that you had fairytale ends.

katydid317
November 23rd, 2017, 07:22 AM
I think it looks very pretty either way. If I saw you out in public I wouldn’t think anything was wrong with your hair, just that you had fairytale ends.

Exactly what I was going to say. It all looks healthy so I would just leave it alone, or micro trim until the hemline is the way you want it.

Sarahlabyrinth
November 23rd, 2017, 07:43 AM
I think it looks lovely as it is, and I wouldn't touch it! :)

spidermom
November 23rd, 2017, 08:10 AM
I think it looks just fine. Small trims on a regular basis is the way to go when you want the bottom to be thicker. However, you are always going to have hairs of every length. You've probably noticed that every day you shed a few hairs. What you probably don't notice is that every day you grow out a few new hairs. That is why you will always have hairs ranging from barely sticking out of the scalp to your longest length.

Mega Moose
November 23rd, 2017, 08:10 AM
I'd say micro trim, in my opinion. You'll get the thicker hemline eventually, without all the regret of losing a bunch of hair at once. :)

lapushka
November 23rd, 2017, 10:17 AM
https://s7.postimg.org/f87y3rfvb/hairlength1.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/f87y3rfvb/)

Maybe it's me, but to me that looks good, and very natural.

amiraaah
November 23rd, 2017, 10:41 AM
OhSuzi,thank you!and yes if i will chop i will do it straight across armpit level.

calmyogi ,sarahlabyrinth and Katydid317,thank you this really makes me feel better :flower:

Jo Ann
November 23rd, 2017, 10:41 AM
Jo Ann,we have similar hairs i know,so what do you recommend how often should i microtrim? how much should i take off?i want to get rid of them so fast.
When my hair was thisclose to BCL, I took off about 2-1/2", then about another 1/2" to get rid of the "racers" (the hairs that were much longer than the overall length--you'll see what I mean if you check out my sig pic). After that, I've been trimming about 1/8" off the ends to keep the splits under control.

To bring out the curls and waves better, I started using the LOC method (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=118167), and that's helped make the curls and waves look much better!

amiraaah
November 23rd, 2017, 10:50 AM
I think it looks just fine. Small trims on a regular basis is the way to go when you want the bottom to be thicker. However, you are always going to have hairs of every length. You've probably noticed that every day you shed a few hairs. What you probably don't notice is that every day you grow out a few new hairs. That is why you will always have hairs ranging from barely sticking out of the scalp to your longest length.

thank you!yes you are right but what increased the problem of varying lengths is that i suffer from hair pulling disorder it used to be severe but now i don't do it as before.

amiraaah
November 23rd, 2017, 10:51 AM
Mega Moose,thank you!:flower:

amiraaah
November 23rd, 2017, 10:53 AM
lapushka,for me you are an expert and your opinion really makes me feel better:flower:
:

amiraaah
November 23rd, 2017, 11:00 AM
When my hair was thisclose to BCL, I took off about 2-1/2", then about another 1/2" to get rid of the "racers" (the hairs that were much longer than the overall length--you'll see what I mean if you check out my sig pic). After that, I've been trimming about 1/8" off the ends to keep the splits under control.

To bring out the curls and waves better, I started using the LOC method (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=118167), and that's helped make the curls and waves look much better!

thank you for your advice :flower:,i think i may take off an inch or 2 on the full moon day to feel better then start microtrimming in 2018.

wispe
November 23rd, 2017, 12:47 PM
If your hair feels healthy enough and it's just the thickness at the ends that worries you, and you're attached to the length, then I say smaller trims would probably be your best route! Maybe all of your growth every month or two for awhile, rather than half the growth (you'll see the thickness travel down sooner that way, I believe). I love my big chop (and thank you, by the way) but I'd gotten to a point where the ends were so damaged and unwearable I wasn't at all sad to see them go, just relieved. Sounds like your hair isn't nearly as problematic or frustrating, and you'd probably miss the length if you trim too much all at once. But if you try regular trimming for awhile and aren't seeing enough progress, you can always do a large chop at that point too. If you big chop now you have no choice but to start from shorter. I had done a couple smaller trims earlier in the year and last month I took an inch and a half off before deciding I just wanted to start fresh. So evaluate all your options and listen to your gut, since you know how you'll feel about it best!

lapushka
November 23rd, 2017, 03:32 PM
lapushka,for me you are an expert and your opinion really makes me feel better:flower:
:

That is very nice of you to say, but I'm just another LHC'er, just like anybody and everybody on here, at least that's how I feel. Your hair really looks pretty to me (wish I had those curls), and so I wouldn't change a thing about it and just let it grow. But that's what I would do. If you feel better microtrimming, then maybe that's what you should do. :flower:

Arciela
November 23rd, 2017, 03:44 PM
I would microtrim too instead of chop :) You hair looks very pretty! I am doing the same to mine atm, hehe WIP :flower:

amiraaah
November 23rd, 2017, 03:54 PM
If your hair feels healthy enough and it's just the thickness at the ends that worries you, and you're attached to the length, then I say smaller trims would probably be your best route! Maybe all of your growth every month or two for awhile, rather than half the growth (you'll see the thickness travel down sooner that way, I believe). I love my big chop (and thank you, by the way) but I'd gotten to a point where the ends were so damaged and unwearable I wasn't at all sad to see them go, just relieved. Sounds like your hair isn't nearly as problematic or frustrating, and you'd probably miss the length if you trim too much all at once. But if you try regular trimming for awhile and aren't seeing enough progress, you can always do a large chop at that point too. If you big chop now you have no choice but to start from shorter. I had done a couple smaller trims earlier in the year and last month I took an inch and a half off before deciding I just wanted to start fresh. So evaluate all your options and listen to your gut, since you know how you'll feel about it best!

thank you!i think i will just microtrim frequently,this will make me feel better because i love the feeling of fresh ends.

amiraaah
November 23rd, 2017, 03:58 PM
That is very nice of you to say, but I'm just another LHC'er, just like anybody and everybody on here, at least that's how I feel. Your hair really looks pretty to me (wish I had those curls), and so I wouldn't change a thing about it and just let it grow. But that's what I would do. If you feel better microtrimming, then maybe that's what you should do. :flower:

thank you!i really appreciate your reponse,you are supportive and whenever i post i know that you will respond and advise me as you do with all of us:love:

amiraaah
November 23rd, 2017, 04:00 PM
I would microtrim too instead of chop :) You hair looks very pretty! I am doing the same to mine atm, hehe WIP :flower:

thank you!your hair looks amazing,the ends look thick and healty:flower:

littlestarface
November 23rd, 2017, 04:54 PM
I love your hair its so pretty,no way it doesn't look thin at the ends. I say no cut is needed.

leayellena
November 23rd, 2017, 11:58 PM
so the last time i trimmed my hair was on 16 september,before i cut about 2.25 inches from my hair on june and now i retained that length.when i take any photos i notice that my ends are too wispy and thin i can't decide whether to cut my thin ends (i am motivated to do so after seeing wispe and lothi hairs and their new perfect hemline,congratulations!girls :cheer: )but i also feel like i should microtrim to get rid of it gradually ,still i don't want to lose my length:confused:
here's a photo of my hair i took it now after brushing my curls
https://s7.postimg.org/v2mc6tix3/Full_Size_Render_3.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/v2mc6tix3/)

it's not thin at the ends, your 3a curls clump together at the end. maybe scrunching when conditioning may help enhance your curls.my hair does that too but I still have stupid layers, otherwise it'd be quite a bit more wavy than curly at the ends. for instance, it's quite difficult to make my hair behave for a photo session :p

amiraaah
November 24th, 2017, 02:52 AM
Littlestarface,Oh my god,thank You! :flower:i thought my ends look terrible this way and also my friend always say just cut your hair to shoulder length because it's wispy.

amiraaah
November 24th, 2017, 02:56 AM
it's not thin at the ends, your 3a curls clump together at the end. maybe scrunching when conditioner may help enhance your curls.my hair does that too but I still have stupid layers, otherwise it'd be quite a bit more wavy than curly at the ends. for instance, it's quite difficult to make my hair behave for a photo session :p

Thank you! :flower:i will try scrunching and see if that works.I have layers too and I will microtrim to even my hair.

lapushka
November 24th, 2017, 07:37 AM
thank you!i really appreciate your reponse,you are supportive and whenever i post i know that you will respond and advise me as you do with all of us:love:

You're a doll! :hifive: :smooch:

amiraaah
November 24th, 2017, 08:18 AM
You're a doll! :hifive: :smooch:

you are so sweet:smooch:

littlestarface
November 24th, 2017, 03:28 PM
Littlestarface,Oh my god,thank You! :flower:i thought my ends look terrible this way and also my friend always say just cut your hair to shoulder length because it's wispy.

No way is it wispy lol not even close, trust me. You hair is very lovely :flowers: i'd be so sad if you cut to shoulders thats so short!

amiraaah
November 24th, 2017, 04:16 PM
No way is it wispy lol not even close, trust me. You hair is very lovely :flowers: i'd be so sad if you cut to shoulders thats so short!

i won't cut it :love:i hope one day i will be able to grow my hair like yours,you are an idol.

ravenheather
November 25th, 2017, 07:14 AM
I think your hair is lovely. No need to trim at all. If you want a different hemline ok, but don't feel like it is "necessary". Fairytale ends are the prettiest on curly hair. IMHO.

lapushka
November 25th, 2017, 08:34 AM
I think your hair is lovely. No need to trim at all. If you want a different hemline ok, but don't feel like it is "necessary". Fairytale ends are the prettiest on curly hair. IMHO.

Yes I think so too. I mean I love fairytale lengths on just about any hairtype, but it does something special to curly hair, IMMHO. :flower:

amiraaah
November 25th, 2017, 09:10 AM
Yes I think so too. I mean I love fairytale lengths on just about any hairtype, but it does something special to curly hair, IMMHO. :flower:
thank you!i will just microtrim to even my hair and have all my hair in one length which will thicken my ends a bit,other than that i have no problem with fairytale ends:flower:

amiraaah
November 25th, 2017, 09:12 AM

thank you!:flowers:i agree with you,i cannot imagine a blunt curly hair:laugh:

Jo Ann
November 25th, 2017, 12:26 PM
thank you!i will just microtrim to even my hair and have all my hair in one length which will thicken my ends a bit,other than that i have no problem with fairytale ends:flower:
Atta girl!

Sometimes, all one can do is make peace with the Beast--the less damage done, the better :)

amiraaah
November 25th, 2017, 12:38 PM
Atta girl!

Sometimes, all one can do is make peace with the Beast--the less damage done, the better :)

Yes that's right:)