PDA

View Full Version : i still feel new to this, and have some questions ♥

peach.sodaaa
November 22nd, 2017, 03:19 AM
hey~ nice to meet you all~ this is my first post here but ive been using this site since i first started trying to grow my hair out (after killing it a few years back with bleach and then chopping it all off)
i absolutely love love lovvee this site~

my natural color is brown, and i was planning to just get rid of the last of my blonde, but i actually really like the blonde ends look! (ombre? daggy ombre. lol) i dream of having super long and healthy hair like i see here and i never ever everrrrrr want to take my hair for granted like i did back then.. ;____;

so thats kinda my intro~ my question is, can i make my golden blond ends color more, uhm, ashy?
i know nothing about hair coloring and i really would love ashy blonde instead of this goldeny yellow, but i dont wanna do anything to damage my hair anymore.

i look forward to any guidence i can find here, since searching on the internet i get so so lost.

here are some pictures of my hair how it is right now i apologise about the photo quality <3
https://imgur.com/a/pqxLv
its very messy since i hadnt brushed it yet, and i dont know what to do about that messy look. it was layered when it was shorter and i guess its still growing out?
im very sure it looks so damaged here so im not sure whether to just chop it all off at the shortest layer and start again or to keep caring for it and growing it out and trimming.
it was at chin legth and now comes to APL so you can imagine how hesitant i am when i think about getting rid of it all again!

again, i know not much about hair im still learning <3

tldr: can i make my golden blonde ends more ashy and if yes how?
and/or should i just cut this blonde off or grow and trim?
im a little conflicted right now~
thankyou for taking the time to read this if you have <3

love erii

Rhoward
November 22nd, 2017, 03:29 AM
You could just using toning conditioner, its easy enough to make your own, just use a teaspoon of direct dye (like manic panic or directions) in the appropriate colour and mix it with about 2 cups of conditioner, use it instead of your normal conditioner, it will help keep the brassiness away.

If you hair is yellow use purple, its its more orange or really strong gold use blue. Looking at your picture I'd probably use the blue. Leave it in for only 5 minutes the first time, you can always adjust and use it longer if your not happy.

It will wash out so you will need to use it a couple of times a week to keep the brass at bay. It wont damage your hair at all :)

peach.sodaaa
November 22nd, 2017, 03:46 AM
thankyou so much for your response! hehe im in queensland too <3

ive been reading about toner online and i tried a purple toner once, it did nothing!
but i gave up and didnt try again. its good to know this wont damage my hair, ill try blue this time, i didnt know it needs to be used a few times so will see how i go ^.^

Suze
November 22nd, 2017, 03:57 AM
Welcome here! It might be helpfull to take a picture of your hair from behind so we can help you decide weather to chop (a bit) , maintain for a while at this length or just keep growing. From this picture it is hard to judge (for me at least).

lapushka
November 22nd, 2017, 04:50 AM
Can I just say it is really unnoticeable and that it really, really blends well together, I mean you almost can't ask for a deliberate balayage to turn out that great.

I would leave it as is, but that is almost always my "standard" answer. ;)

But really... it's very pretty!

Welcome!

OhSuzi
November 22nd, 2017, 05:48 AM
When my hair was bleached blonde I took out any brassyness with violet shampoo & conditioner 'Provoke - Touch of Silver'
Could use this in between toners to keep it topped up.
also there's a violet hair mousse that I used - I think it was in the Live range by Schwarzkopf - but I cant find it now -it also helped to take the brassy ness out & lasted til it washed out same as ordinary mousse.
There's other violet / silver mousses though, but I've not tried any others.

browneyedsusan
November 22nd, 2017, 10:31 AM
I popped in to say: "I still feel new, too! You're not alone in it. :) "

Long hair is just starting to feel normal, but it's been 3 years since I hit WL, so I suppose that helps. You'll find lots of help here!

Happy growing!

Rebeccalaurenxx
November 22nd, 2017, 11:33 AM
i personally would leave it as is, and then micro trim the blonde bits out as you grow (though i need to see a length shot to give a true opinion)
you could also use a toning shampoo, but personally for me those were even a bit drying, and once you do it you wont ever have your original color back, even though its temporary and washes out the color will never exactly be the same. and its a lot of upkeep, aka expensive. it washes out usually in about 2-3 washes. so depending on how often you wash your hair, you may notice you go through a bottle within 2 - 3 weeks. which to me is no good.

Sarahlabyrinth
November 22nd, 2017, 11:38 AM
Oh, I think that is so pretty! I would leave it the way it is :)

Jo Ann
November 22nd, 2017, 11:52 AM
Your hair looks awesome, but if you really want to turn the dyed blonde ashy, there are LOADS of videos on Youtube showing how to use purple or blue shampoo to do so. I would highly recommend doing a SMT ( link here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=128) ) afterwards, as the videos suggest leaving the shampoo on from 5-60+ minutes.

Good luck and welcome aboard!

peach.sodaaa
November 22nd, 2017, 03:42 PM
Wow thankyou so much <3
That is why I kinda don't wanna do anything to it hehe I do like the look a lot <3

peach.sodaaa
November 22nd, 2017, 03:45 PM
Okay here is as best I can do of a "length shot"
I can get my partner to take a photo for me later with his camera because my iPhone camera is very poor quality, and the room has low light but hopefully you can see a bit better than that last picture :) https://imgur.com/a/2VSAu

peach.sodaaa
November 22nd, 2017, 03:49 PM
When my hair was bleached blonde I took out any brassyness with violet shampoo & conditioner 'Provoke - Touch of Silver'
Could use this in between toners to keep it topped up.
also there's a violet hair mousse that I used - I think it was in the Live range by Schwarzkopf - but I cant find it now -it also helped to take the brassy ness out & lasted til it washed out same as ordinary mousse.
There's other violet / silver mousses though, but I've not tried any others.

Thankyou heaps, I'll keep and eye out for those ones too :)

peach.sodaaa
November 22nd, 2017, 03:53 PM
Welcome here! It might be helpfull to take a picture of your hair from behind so we can help you decide weather to chop (a bit) , maintain for a while at this length or just keep growing. From this picture it is hard to judge (for me at least).

Thankyou! <3 I've posted a picture as a reply to this thread
I'm still super new to using forum so I get lost :)

<3

peach.sodaaa
November 22nd, 2017, 03:57 PM
i personally would leave it as is, and then micro trim the blonde bits out as you grow (though i need to see a length shot to give a true opinion)
you could also use a toning shampoo, but personally for me those were even a bit drying, and once you do it you wont ever have your original color back, even though its temporary and washes out the color will never exactly be the same. and its a lot of upkeep, aka expensive. it washes out usually in about 2-3 washes. so depending on how often you wash your hair, you may notice you go through a bottle within 2 - 3 weeks. which to me is no good.

Thankyou so much for this response :)
That makes me have a bit more of a think through before going ahead :)

peach.sodaaa
November 22nd, 2017, 04:01 PM
Oh, I think that is so pretty! I would leave it the way it is :)

Aw thankyou so much! <3 I might just leave it like this :)

Jo Ann
November 22nd, 2017, 04:11 PM
It looks like you're a solid APL length--and whoever did your hair did a nice job!

If you're looking to grow, try the "APL to BSL thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=170)"!

Crystawni
November 22nd, 2017, 04:19 PM
Hiya and welcome to LHC, fellow Banana Bender! :hollie: I love the look of your hair--the grow out looks naturally sunkissed and barely brassy at all. On top of other products mentioned here, I would've suggested a lotion for grey hair (similar to Grecian 2000 as that isn't sold in Qld due to our laws) to blend to your natural colour, but really I don't think it would improve what already looks great.

peach.sodaaa
November 22nd, 2017, 05:41 PM
It looks like you're a solid APL length--and whoever did your hair did a nice job!

If you're looking to grow, try the "APL to BSL thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=170)"!

yay finally apl! <3 yes i am definitely hoping to grow~ ill check it out ^.^

i do my own hair hehe <3
i had cut my hair to chin length when i bleached it and it turned into noodles a few years ago.
heres a picture of when i started growing compared to now, it makes me happy putting pictures side by side <3
https://imgur.com/a/hjPab
i had brown dye over it in the first pic, i think it faded out and went back to blonde

peach.sodaaa
November 22nd, 2017, 05:45 PM
Hiya and welcome to LHC, fellow Banana Bender! :hollie: I love the look of your hair--the grow out looks naturally sunkissed and barely brassy at all. On top of other products mentioned here, I would've suggested a lotion for grey hair (similar to Grecian 2000 as that isn't sold in Qld due to our laws) to blend to your natural colour, but really I don't think it would improve what already looks great.

thankyou for the kind welcome hehe <3 and thankyou! maybe i dont need to do anything to itafter all! and rather i should embrace it by the sounds of all these comments ^.^ <3
funny how some things arent sold here !

i actually seriously adore your hair!! i look up to you !

peach.sodaaa
November 22nd, 2017, 06:20 PM
I popped in to say: "I still feel new, too! You're not alone in it. :) "

Long hair is just starting to feel normal, but it's been 3 years since I hit WL, so I suppose that helps. You'll find lots of help here!

Happy growing!

aw yay i always feel more comfortable when im not the only one :)
oh wow WL! i can only dream of that day!

Dark40
November 22nd, 2017, 07:41 PM
Hi and welcome to the board! I second everyone. Your hair color is so pretty. I would leave it as is.

Deborah
November 22nd, 2017, 08:57 PM
I agree. Leave it alone. It will be healthier if you leave the color alone. Just trim whenever you want to get rid of the bleached part. It does not look fried like so many of the bleached ends on here. Those really need cutting, but not yours.

peach.sodaaa
November 22nd, 2017, 10:20 PM
I agree. Leave it alone. It will be healthier if you leave the color alone. Just trim whenever you want to get rid of the bleached part. It does not look fried like so many of the bleached ends on here. Those really need cutting, but not yours.

thankyou very much :O
i think its decided then :) <3