PDA

View Full Version : Impatient? *Hair photos comparison*

StartingFrom0
November 20th, 2017, 11:47 AM
Hello everyone ! :) Okay now dreaming of rapunzel hair when you are starting from short or medium lenght hair...Seems impossible, and thinkin about it everyday will make it be impossible. But thinking about appereance all the time will just make you depressed. It's so dumb. Last year my hair was just hideous. It has gone through so much pain lol. It was fried. Embarassing and I hated it. Plus, it was so short, I couldn't even tie it up. I wanted to change. I found out about this community. Waiting for such a drastic change when you can do nothing about it makes time go by extremely slowly. Forgetting about it and doing stuff is key. Keep yourself occupied! After all life is so short! Waiting for it to grow and checking myself in the mirror all the time has been almost painful and you get me especially if your hair is really short now, or makes you feel embarassed / insecure/ is WAYY too far from what you would want its lenght to be at. But this mindset is useless. Leave it alone and time will give you the lenght you desire.
We can make our hair soft, moistured, shiny and healthy but patience is all you have for it to grow out of your scalp. In the end, 1 year was nothing, for me at least. Looking back I wish I had spent time on other things, I wish I had read more books , have had more fun, and spent less time hiding indoors and thinking about my appereance. Guys, forget about it honestly. Time flies so fast thinking about hair all day is almost a crime! I know it is hard but...No point at it...
This is my one year hair tranformation

http://i66.tinypic.com/16m54hy.png

http://i67.tinypic.com/xm94ck.jpg
Happy hair growth!!!

Beeboo123
November 20th, 2017, 12:05 PM
That’s a lot of growth. Shiny shiny

Dendra
November 20th, 2017, 12:16 PM
What that is one year's progress????? That is incredible. Very wise words as well, you are right - life is shockingly short it is almost a crime to to wish away the time in exchange for longer hair. Well said.

MoonRabbit
November 20th, 2017, 12:24 PM
Stunning!

I just had another one year anniversary and I must agree that these thoughts crossed my mind as well. I can't believe how fast that year went by. Though I am excited about where my hair will be for my next anniversary, I have learned to enjoy the journey because wishing for that time to fly just for longer hair is exchanging a year of enjoying, learning and experimenting with life. Luckily we have this beautiful community with beautiful people to keep us grounded and sane.

MoonRabbit
November 20th, 2017, 12:26 PM
Stunning!

I just had another one year anniversary and I must agree that these thoughts crossed my mind as well. I can't believe how fast that year went by. Though I am excited about where my hair will be for my next anniversary, I have learned to enjoy the journey because wishing for that time to fly just for longer hair is exchanging a year of enjoying, learning and experimenting with life. Luckily we have this beautiful community with beautiful people to keep us grounded and sane.

marvel-lover
November 20th, 2017, 02:12 PM
How beautiful! It looks so sleek, shiny, and healthy now. Very wise words; I've often found that my hair grows faster (or so it seems) when I put it up every day and forget about it. Lovely!

Jo Ann
November 20th, 2017, 03:06 PM
Truly amazing, StartingFrom0! I can't believe that is one year's growth! :shocked:

lapushka
November 20th, 2017, 03:10 PM
Is that just one year difference? Are you sure? Then that is an amazing transformation. :) :applause

Rebeccalaurenxx
November 20th, 2017, 03:22 PM
Wow thats a year? took me two to get anywhere remotely close to that...

Corvana
November 20th, 2017, 06:17 PM
Wow a year! That looks like a little above SL to MBL, and on me that's a full foot or more! You must be getting at least an inch a month, and if you cut any at all then it'd have to be a ton more! That's incredible!

LadyCelestina
November 21st, 2017, 06:36 AM
I think the 1st photo the OP's hair is put in a ponytail, you guys :) or am I wrong? :D

Anyway love your hair now and before, and you are absolutely right. Focusing on hairgrowth and wishing time flies so you get longer is just counterintuitive.