PDA

View Full Version : I went for a big chop (pictures)

wispe
November 20th, 2017, 09:39 AM
I've been sad and frustrated with the bleach damage throughout my ends for ages and ages. I've seriously thought about just starting fresh for months now, and I haven't enjoyed my hair much lately. Wednesday another wave of "I need to cut it now" hit me and I know I said I'd give it two weeks, but... it's been months. I'm tired.

So I went to an actual salon on Saturday and had them chop my hair from just brushing hip to above shoulder. Yep. It's not all the damage, but it's most of it. I no longer have gaps in my hem that I have to carefully comb into place for pictures. In another year or less, with trims, I should be free of all my breakage. I could not be happier with the thick (for me), blunt hem. I'm sad for the length gone but it will grow back - healthier this time. I will be growing it back out. I will probably still play with pink dyes. I'm looking forward to learning how to style and braid my hair at shorter lengths, since that's something I didn't do the last time my hair was this length (in ~2012!). I'm looking forward to the day when I can wear my hair sticks/forks/toys again (too short now!). My hair was about 32" before the chop. It's about 15" now.

I'm also back to the flippy stage. Whoo boy.

https://i.imgur.com/ITYsNUC.jpg?3 https://i.imgur.com/HnLyf3s.jpg?3 https://i.imgur.com/VVh8nUo.jpg?2

Beeboo123
November 20th, 2017, 09:42 AM
All the colors are gone! But i love how thick your hemline is

Groovy Granny
November 20th, 2017, 09:43 AM
It looks very pretty and thick; I am happy you are happy with it :)

Arciela
November 20th, 2017, 09:45 AM
Your hair looks great!! Very healthy and what a beautiful color :) It must feel like such a relief :flower:

wispe
November 20th, 2017, 09:46 AM
I'll probably still be putting pink over the ends as it grows out, I used to dye pink over my hair before I bleached and the color was very pretty then! I'm definitely getting used to the pink being nearly gone though, I've had it for years.

edit: Cesil, it is relieving! I loved it being long and I loved the pink but I've not loved the care and handling of damaged ends. At hip they were becoming more of a hassle than I could deal with anymore.

Kitke
November 20th, 2017, 09:52 AM
Is the colour you're growing out your virgin colour? It's so lovely!
And such a clean hemline. Looking good! :flowers:

Sarahlabyrinth
November 20th, 2017, 09:59 AM
Wow, a big change - but it looks good!

wispe
November 20th, 2017, 10:01 AM
Is the colour you're growing out your virgin colour? It's so lovely!
And such a clean hemline. Looking good! :flowers:

Almost! I'm strawberry blonde naturally but I've done a henna/cassia gloss to punch up the color/make it a tiny bit warmer. It's close enough to my actual color that even with some roots going on my hairdresser couldn't tell it wasn't natural.

Thank you!

Wow, a big change - but it looks good!
It's a huge change for me, but I'm happy. Thank you!

Jas
November 20th, 2017, 10:08 AM
Oh wow definitely huge change but it looks gorgeous, gives you a chance to start fresh and really baby those ends :D I can see it looks a lot thicker too.

wispe
November 20th, 2017, 10:12 AM
Oh wow definitely huge change but it looks gorgeous, gives you a chance to start fresh and really baby those ends :D I can see it looks a lot thicker too.

That's the plan! Yeah, when I first joined LHC to recently, my ponytail thickened up from ~2.25" to 2.75+". That's a pretty big jump just going from all bleached to virgin hair (and that's not even accounting for the layers/tapering)

butterfly_dream
November 20th, 2017, 10:36 AM
Your hair looks gorgeous! I would sell my soul to have this color. :crush:

Lisa Long4Life
November 20th, 2017, 11:12 AM
ooh lovely :heartbeat

Dendra
November 20th, 2017, 11:13 AM
It looks awesome wispe! Considering you thought about it for so long I think it was the right choice. It just feels so good to start fresh sometimes, and you'll save yourself such a headache from trying to rehab ends that are too far gone. It'll grow in healthier this time!

Suze
November 20th, 2017, 11:23 AM
I'm happt that your happy Wispe, your hair probably looks good at any length because it is so pretty. Look at that THICK hemline though! Looks really good. Where you nervous going to the hairstylist? Hope you enjoy all the milestones again but this time with damage free ends! :heart:

Khristopher
November 20th, 2017, 11:42 AM
It looks great wispe! Now you can grow long with strong hair, it will be much easier and enjoyable. And your color is so lovely :crush: I love your shower curtain too lol

wispe
November 20th, 2017, 12:11 PM
Thanks all!

Dendra I kept talking myself out of it because I really did enjoy the length, but the fresh start is exactly what I needed, I think.
Suze <33 The hem being so thick is out of this world for me, I haven't had that in years. I was so nervous sitting in my car before going into the salon, I had to sit and shake for a minute while I found my nerve. But once I got into the chair I wasn't nervous anymore. My stylist asked me what I wanted, and she gave me exactly the cut I asked for. (in my head, it looked longer, but it's the length and shape I asked for. LOL) I joined LHC at BSL so this time I get to experience a couple new milestones, too (:
Khristopher I sure hope it'll be easier - but it should definitely be more enjoyable. Thank you!

Mirabele
November 20th, 2017, 12:13 PM
Sometimes you just need a big change. To care and maintain hair that is bleach damaged is a lot of constant work. Your hair looks very lovely now, and what a thick nice hemline! I believe it will be much easier to care for hair that is already healthy. Especially now that you know all the LHC tricks!

AspenSong
November 20th, 2017, 12:28 PM
Just enjoy that length while you have it and the healthy ends! It's always hard to lose length, but it does look great. I had to chop about 8" of bleach at one point too while I was growing. Just comes with the territory if it's really really damaged I think.
I'd totally just live it up with the shorter length and do stuff that'll be harder, with longer hair! I wish I'd done that now at times. :)

yahirwaO.o
November 20th, 2017, 12:44 PM
Yeah big chops are sometimes a sacrifice but it is also a nice fresh start from nightmare struggles to keep lenght.

I also want to reach your lenght in the next months cause mine was a short boy chop and having a longer shoulder lenght flipppy bob is all I want for now:P

The color and the thick hem you have is preciously georgeous too!!!!!!

lucid
November 20th, 2017, 12:49 PM
Looks great!

Kake
November 20th, 2017, 12:51 PM
Looks great wispe. The little pink ends are so cute :)

StartingFrom0
November 20th, 2017, 01:24 PM
Your natural hair colour is gorgeous. Real ginger! As a girl from Southern Europe seeing a natural ginger is very uncommon. You did the right thing for chopping off the hair lady ! You would be frustrated if you continued growing out the damaged hair, we always cut it off sooner or later. Your hair will grow in NO time, trust me on this one.

wo
November 20th, 2017, 01:26 PM
I think it's a really fun change when lhc-ers get a haircut! I agree that your natural color is beautiful. Thick ends are so nice at any length.

CindyOfTheOaks
November 20th, 2017, 01:44 PM
You look adorable !!

lithostoic
November 20th, 2017, 01:47 PM
Looks great! I've been thinking about chopping for months.

Corvana
November 20th, 2017, 02:01 PM
Oh it's so lovely!!

And now you can be in the SL to APL thread eheheheheheh

cailinbee
November 20th, 2017, 02:20 PM
Wow wispe! It looks great. I was right where you're at back in March and April, when I had two cuts done to be done with the large part of the damage. It is bittersweet for sure; losing length stinks but those fresh-cut ends with minimal dye left feel so good!

The bits of pink at the end look great, too. Congrats on your new do and happy growing!

Jo Ann
November 20th, 2017, 03:03 PM
A huge chop, for sure, but the important part is to be HAPPY with your hair! You weren't, and you weighed the pros and cons before going to the salon. You sound like you're relieved to be rid of the damage and you don't regret your decision.

Now you and your hair will be *ahem!* in the pink :p Enjoy, Wispe!

lapushka
November 20th, 2017, 03:14 PM
It *is* nice and thick; and it will grow back!!! Happy growing, wispe. :flower:

Nyrak
November 20th, 2017, 04:51 PM
Looks so pretty!

wispe
November 20th, 2017, 04:54 PM
Sometimes you just need a big change. To care and maintain hair that is bleach damaged is a lot of constant work. Your hair looks very lovely now, and what a thick nice hemline! I believe it will be much easier to care for hair that is already healthy. Especially now that you know all the LHC tricks!
I am definitely happy not to have to care for the damaged ends anymore; it was wearing on me. All my natural hair is LHC-cared for from the start; soon I'll have a whole head of LHC grown locks (:

Just enjoy that length while you have it and the healthy ends! It's always hard to lose length, but it does look great. I had to chop about 8" of bleach at one point too while I was growing. Just comes with the territory if it's really really damaged I think.
I'd totally just live it up with the shorter length and do stuff that'll be harder, with longer hair! I wish I'd done that now at times. :)
Definitely part of the decision was knowing I'd get to have fun with short hair this time around; I literally never styled my hair until it was already BSL and I'd signed up here. Gonna enjoy this length while I've it, and all the ones here on out (:

Yeah big chops are sometimes a sacrifice but it is also a nice fresh start from nightmare struggles to keep lenght.

I also want to reach your lenght in the next months cause mine was a short boy chop and having a longer shoulder lenght flipppy bob is all I want for now:P

The color and the thick hem you have is preciously georgeous too!!!!!!
I was admiring your bob in the thread you posted a few days back! I think we're probably pretty close in length now? Except mine might be more angled/longer near my face. This length looks good on you, I was glad to see you had been growing it out and enjoying it again!

Looks great!
Thank you! <3

Looks great wispe. The little pink ends are so cute :)
They're really fun still! If I pull my hair into a half up all the pink is up top, I think it looks pretty neat (:

Your natural hair colour is gorgeous. Real ginger! As a girl from Southern Europe seeing a natural ginger is very uncommon. You did the right thing for chopping off the hair lady ! You would be frustrated if you continued growing out the damaged hair, we always cut it off sooner or later. Your hair will grow in NO time, trust me on this one.
Thank you, I believe I would have stayed frustrated until I'd chopped the hair, and microtrimming would have meant years before I was happy again. Best to get it done right away (:

I think it's a really fun change when lhc-ers get a haircut! I agree that your natural color is beautiful. Thick ends are so nice at any length.
Yes, as nice as microtrimming and growing nonstop are, changes happen so gradually that way its easy not to notice them. Its a bit more of a shock with the bigger cuts.
Thank you!

You look adorable !!
Thank you! I feel very cute with the shorter length.

Looks great! I've been thinking about chopping for months.
Girl, same. I wanted to wait for the virgin hair to travel further down but I just hit my breaking point I guess. Bigger, regulsr trims probably could have done the trick over the next year or two but it does feel good to just go for it. Whatever you decide, your hair is beautiful!

Oh it's so lovely!!

And now you can be in the SL to APL thread eheheheheheh TY! (:

He he I've had the SL-APL thread opened in a new tab just waiting for me to drop in since Saturday.

Wow wispe! It looks great. I was right where you're at back in March and April, when I had two cuts done to be done with the large part of the damage. It is bittersweet for sure; losing length stinks but those fresh-cut ends with minimal dye left feel so good!

The bits of pink at the end look great, too. Congrats on your new do and happy growing!
Yep, it feels amazing! I'm not as sad about the length as I thought I'd be; it was just too damaged to enjoy, I don't miss that. I'm happy with where I ended up and it'll be more enjoyable to grow out from here (:

A huge chop, for sure, but the important part is to be HAPPY with your hair! You weren't, and you weighed the pros and cons before going to the salon. You sound like you're relieved to be rid of the damage and you don't regret your decision.

Now you and your hair will be *ahem!* in the pink :p Enjoy, Wispe!
You hit the nail on the head- I'm pretty relieved and much happier now. Haha, thank you!

It *is* nice and thick; and it will grow back!!! Happy growing, wispe. :flower:
Yep, it'll grow back! Thank you, lapushka (:

Looks so pretty!

Thank you! <3

Dendra
November 20th, 2017, 05:06 PM

Not to derail the thread, but it might actually be relevant to you now wispe. What kind of stuff can you easily do at shorter lengths that you can't when it's longer? I'd like to know so I can enjoy middle length BSL hair before it goes into long territory...

hobbitlocks
November 20th, 2017, 05:08 PM
It looks great -- and it sounds like you're happy with it, which is the most important thing! I LOVE the pink ends you have -- it looks really fashionable too! :)

Crystawni
November 20th, 2017, 05:24 PM
Oh, wispe. You goober. You did GOOD! :smooch: It now looks schmexy/sassy, and flickyhappy (but neat) like your personality. :D "Dealing" with hair kinda sounds sad to me, so releasing the stress of this "shows" in more ways than you'd realise. The thickness you've gained now pops! Yay! Enjoy the new do, and have fun with the grow out. I look forward to all the new styles you'll come up with!

Ligeia Noire
November 20th, 2017, 08:08 PM
WOW that is quite the change but you know what? You were courageous, imagine just how healthy it will be from now on. Exciting! Maybe the texture will even change a bit. Congratulations it looks awesome! It must be a relieve not having to brush away the feelings of wanting to cut it every time you saw damage. And on we go as my folks say.

spidermom
November 20th, 2017, 09:35 PM
Oh my goodness; your new cut is so pretty. I love it!

Bambi
November 21st, 2017, 12:27 AM
It looks amazing! I totally empathize with you..caring for damaged hair is so stressful, much better to pamper it when it’s already healthy.
:)

Monsterkitti
November 21st, 2017, 03:26 AM
Love it! Really nice cut and perfect place to start growing out from :)

Suze
November 21st, 2017, 04:21 AM
Suze <33 The hem being so thick is out of this world for me, I haven't had that in years. I was so nervous sitting in my car before going into the salon, I had to sit and shake for a minute while I found my nerve. But once I got into the chair I wasn't nervous anymore. My stylist asked me what I wanted, and she gave me exactly the cut I asked for. (in my head, it looked longer, but it's the length and shape I asked for. LOL) I joined LHC at BSL so this time I get to experience a couple new milestones, too (:
You where so brave! Great that you exactly got what you wanted and I get what you mean, it being longer in your head. Oh and it is great that you get to enjoy some new milestones too. I bet you'll try out all sorts of new hairstyles too, with your creativity that should be no problem at all.

wispe
November 21st, 2017, 10:40 AM
Not to derail the thread, but it might actually be relevant to you now wispe. What kind of stuff can you easily do at shorter lengths that you can't when it's longer? I'd like to know so I can enjoy middle length BSL hair before it goes into long territory...
These are things I need to know too! Right now I'm enjoying getting to wear my hair down or in half-ups again (I felt like I couldn't do that at longer lengths, especially with the ends so fragile).

It looks great -- and it sounds like you're happy with it, which is the most important thing! I LOVE the pink ends you have -- it looks really fashionable too! :)
Yes, I'm very happy with it. My mom has been calling my pink ends 'flame tips' now, which I think is awesome.

Oh, wispe. You goober. You did GOOD! :smooch: It now looks schmexy/sassy, and flickyhappy (but neat) like your personality. :D "Dealing" with hair kinda sounds sad to me, so releasing the stress of this "shows" in more ways than you'd realise. The thickness you've gained now pops! Yay! Enjoy the new do, and have fun with the grow out. I look forward to all the new styles you'll come up with!
Ahaha, yeah I'd much rather enjoy my hair shorter than "deal" with it just for the length. I feel much better now, and I have a feeling I'm going to really enjoy it as I grow it back out this time. Thank you!

WOW that is quite the change but you know what? You were courageous, imagine just how healthy it will be from now on. Exciting! Maybe the texture will even change a bit. Congratulations it looks awesome! It must be a relieve not having to brush away the feelings of wanting to cut it every time you saw damage. And on we go as my folks say.
Thank you, LN. I wonder too if my texture will change a little now - before the ends were much straighter than the midlengths, and I think that may have been due to the damage. I know in the past I sometimes got spirals around my face when I air-dried it, probably at around APL. I'm keeping an eye out for those in the future (:

Oh my goodness; your new cut is so pretty. I love it!
Thank you! It feels great (:

It looks amazing! I totally empathize with you..caring for damaged hair is so stressful, much better to pamper it when it’s already healthy.
:)
That's the conclusion I came to, yeah. Thanks !

Love it! Really nice cut and perfect place to start growing out from :)
Shoulder length is a surprisingly (or is it just surprising to me?) versatile length. I'm glad I went for this length! I dunno if I would want to grow out a pixie again, once was enough. This way I don't have to wait for a bunch of layers to catch up to the hem before growing onward (:

You where so brave! Great that you exactly got what you wanted and I get what you mean, it being longer in your head. Oh and it is great that you get to enjoy some new milestones too. I bet you'll try out all sorts of new hairstyles too, with your creativity that should be no problem at all.
Definitely looking forward to thinking up some new styles. I never styled my hair before when it was this length, so it's all new to me (:

Serimel
November 21st, 2017, 11:01 AM
That's a bold move wispe! It looks so healthy, thick and super cute. Your own colour is bomb as well.

DarkChocolate
November 21st, 2017, 11:12 AM
Wow! I am waiting for the growth pictures in the coming months with the blunt ends:)

wispe
November 21st, 2017, 12:01 PM
That's a bold move wispe! It looks so healthy, thick and super cute. Your own colour is bomb as well.
Thanks!

Wow! I am waiting for the growth pictures in the coming months with the blunt ends:)
Yeah I'm looking forward to seeing how it grows out with the ends blunt too! I've literally always had layers past chin length.

abribun
November 21st, 2017, 01:33 PM
It looks so pretty! You cut off a lot of length, but once you grow it out more it will look a lot nicer. Such a cute length on you!

C_Bookworm
November 21st, 2017, 01:41 PM
It looks so lovely and thick. I’m glad you’re at a place where you can enjoy growing it and not feel like the damage is a hassle. And by the time you’re back in your hair toys again, I bet they feel brand new (like the outfit you find at the back of your closet). Good on ya for being brave! Wishing you many happy travels on your new growth journey.

hopefulred
November 21st, 2017, 01:52 PM
Wow it looks fab Wispe!!! And you have some awesome virgin growth there! Hardly any of it is bleach now whoop whoop! I’m right there with you, lagging behind abit but definatly there with you!! It’s a beautiful colour and looks so thick and healthy! Total hair goals! Can’t wait til I’m at this point in afew months time. You have defo made the right decision! Have fun with your new do!!

PixieP
November 21st, 2017, 02:30 PM
Wooooooah! It looks great! Imagine when you have that hemline down at hip!

browneyedsusan
November 21st, 2017, 03:37 PM
It's really cute! You'll have it grown out again in no time!
FWIW: In 2012, I was growing a pixie. I've trimmed about 6 or 8" off in the meantime, and think the hemline is better for it.
With less damage, you'll make good progress. :)

amiraaah
November 21st, 2017, 03:37 PM
It looks so pretty and thick,i am looking forward to seeing it grow healthier and with that amazing hemline :love:

marvel-lover
November 21st, 2017, 05:23 PM
I'm so glad you are happy with your hair! It looks so good! All the damage is gone and your hair is so pretty (as it always was) but I love love love the flippy hair you have now!!

ReadingRenee
November 21st, 2017, 07:09 PM
Hi Wispe! I have been following the growth of your hair progress since I also have bleach damaged ends. I have also chopped short in the past due to getting rid of henna and damage so I know how liberating it can feel. Your hair looks soooooo good! I love your haircut! I have been contemplating getting a very similar cut for a while now. I love how it looks on you! I hope you enjoy your wonderful healthy grow out from here on out. :)

Beckstar
November 21st, 2017, 08:32 PM
You're at a good length because you can do ponytails, braids, and updos. Beautiful and happy growing.

Milady_DeWinter
November 22nd, 2017, 01:27 AM
You look lovely!!! The hemline looks thick and healthy, and that's a great lenght to start growing again, and with much better hair. Anyway that cut suits you very well! :D

adrenaline
November 22nd, 2017, 01:38 AM
I've been sad and frustrated with the bleach damage throughout my ends for ages and ages. I've seriously thought about just starting fresh for months now, and I haven't enjoyed my hair much lately. Wednesday another wave of "I need to cut it now" hit me and I know I said I'd give it two weeks, but... it's been months. I'm tired.

So I went to an actual salon on Saturday and had them chop my hair from just brushing hip to above shoulder. Yep. It's not all the damage, but it's most of it. I no longer have gaps in my hem that I have to carefully comb into place for pictures. In another year or less, with trims, I should be free of all my breakage. I could not be happier with the thick (for me), blunt hem. I'm sad for the length gone but it will grow back - healthier this time. I will be growing it back out. I will probably still play with pink dyes. I'm looking forward to learning how to style and braid my hair at shorter lengths, since that's something I didn't do the last time my hair was this length (in ~2012!). I'm looking forward to the day when I can wear my hair sticks/forks/toys again (too short now!). My hair was about 32" before the chop. It's about 15" now.

I'm also back to the flippy stage. Whoo boy.

Your hair looks great! No need for regrets. Yes, the hair will grow back, quicker than you think :o I love the pink dye, it looks great combined with your virgin hair.

lucid
November 22nd, 2017, 01:41 AM
Also, please continue posting pics of your hair and the different hair styles you do! :D

Suze
November 22nd, 2017, 03:34 AM
Also, please continue posting pics of your hair and the different hair styles you do! :D

Hear, hear! :toast:

Rhoward
November 22nd, 2017, 03:38 AM
It's so thick and healthy and it's a really pretty colour

lapushka
November 22nd, 2017, 09:12 AM

Yes it's a very unique color, IMO. Very pretty!

ShilvaA
November 22nd, 2017, 11:25 AM
Very jealous of that thick hemline wispe!! Also love the ‘flametips’... looks wonderful. So glad you are happy with your cut. :)

wispe
November 22nd, 2017, 12:40 PM
It looks so pretty! You cut off a lot of length, but once you grow it out more it will look a lot nicer. Such a cute length on you!
Thanks!

It looks so lovely and thick. I’m glad you’re at a place where you can enjoy growing it and not feel like the damage is a hassle. And by the time you’re back in your hair toys again, I bet they feel brand new (like the outfit you find at the back of your closet). Good on ya for being brave! Wishing you many happy travels on your new growth journey.
I'm definitely going to miss my sticks and forks (I just got a new fork, too). It'll definitely feel special to fit back into those toys again!

Wow it looks fab Wispe!!! And you have some awesome virgin growth there! Hardly any of it is bleach now whoop whoop! I’m right there with you, lagging behind abit but definatly there with you!! It’s a beautiful colour and looks so thick and healthy! Total hair goals! Can’t wait til I’m at this point in afew months time. You have defo made the right decision! Have fun with your new do!!
Yeah it's nearly all ginger now (most of the pink is face-framing now). Yours is going to look so good too, when you go for your new do (you were planning a bob cut when it was long enough to have all-virgin hair, right?). Won't be long now. We'll be able to grow out together at similar lengths soon <33 It feels great to cut off so much damage, you're going to feel amazing when you reach that milestone!

Wooooooah! It looks great! Imagine when you have that hemline down at hip!
I'm looking forward to it! In a few years anyway, haha.

It's really cute! You'll have it grown out again in no time!
FWIW: In 2012, I was growing a pixie. I've trimmed about 6 or 8" off in the meantime, and think the hemline is better for it.
With less damage, you'll make good progress. :)
I had a pixie in 2010 and grew that out; once the hem reached one length I remember it being pretty easy to grow out after that. Especially once it reached the length I am now. I feel like it'll definitely be easier to keep the ends healthy starting without layers and taper. If I'd never bleached my ends to go pastel pink (which, okay, I don't regret really) I would probably have been able to keep a much thicker hem all the way to hip, and have reached it sooner (since I was trimming way more after bleaching). I have only good feelings about the grow-out this time around!

It looks so pretty and thick,i am looking forward to seeing it grow healthier and with that amazing hemline :love:
Me too! Just imagine the 1-year progress photos I'll get next November :0

I'm so glad you are happy with your hair! It looks so good! All the damage is gone and your hair is so pretty (as it always was) but I love love love the flippy hair you have now!!
Thank you! Luckily this length is good for the flip in my hair - if I air dry it almost looks like I've curled/styled it intentionally. Last time I was at chin length it used to flip unflatteringly about, but shoulder length is good for my sorta-waves! Now I just gotta figure out how to properly style/encourage them again (plopping and heatless curls are much different techniques at hip than shoulder, it seems. Time to experiement!)

Hi Wispe! I have been following the growth of your hair progress since I also have bleach damaged ends. I have also chopped short in the past due to getting rid of henna and damage so I know how liberating it can feel. Your hair looks soooooo good! I love your haircut! I have been contemplating getting a very similar cut for a while now. I love how it looks on you! I hope you enjoy your wonderful healthy grow out from here on out. :)
Thank you! I bet yours looked real cute shorter too - but it's also beautiful at the length you're at now. You've got no wrong decision imo - just whatever will make you happiest. I'm definitely planning to enjoy my grow out <3

You're at a good length because you can do ponytails, braids, and updos. Beautiful and happy growing.
Just about everything but buns right now I think! Well, maybe half-up or space buns still. I'm glad it's still long enough to do so much with it (:

You look lovely!!! The hemline looks thick and healthy, and that's a great lenght to start growing again, and with much better hair. Anyway that cut suits you very well! :D
Thank you!

Your hair looks great! No need for regrets. Yes, the hair will grow back, quicker than you think :o I love the pink dye, it looks great combined with your virgin hair.
Thanks! I always thought the pink suited me pretty well, and I've always felt the pink was the fashion-color-equivalent of my natural one.

Oh I definitely will! Styling it while it's short is going to be a whole new adventure for me, I'll be sure to keep sharing when I can!

Hear, hear! :toast:
<3

It's so thick and healthy and it's a really pretty colour
Thank you!

Yes it's a very unique color, IMO. Very pretty!

Very jealous of that thick hemline wispe!! Also love the ‘flametips’... looks wonderful. So glad you are happy with your cut. :)
Thanks so much, I've been surprised by how much I love it right now. Feels good.

Beckstar
November 22nd, 2017, 04:03 PM
You should be able to do a sock bun.

wispe
November 22nd, 2017, 05:28 PM
Oh, maybe! I totally forgot, but I've got a bunform around here somewhere I can try to use!

Aredhel
November 22nd, 2017, 05:58 PM
It looks so good Wispe... you can seriously rock short hair. I honestly love it on you!!! The pink tips are a perfect touch. :)

gustavonut
November 23rd, 2017, 12:28 AM
If you can manage to braid a normal 3 stand and then roll it and use a fork or stick as a sort of “bun” that’s what I was able to do with my hair when it was short. Or a claw clip of some kind works too.

wispe
November 23rd, 2017, 12:27 PM
Thanks, Aredhel! I'm loving this length too for now!

Gustavonut, I can braid it to the base of my neck but the ponytail nub is only an inch or so at the longest point, with some hair only a cm past the elastic. Not really long enough to tuck yet, though I may have luck making two tails and pinning them sideways next to each other in a sort of faux bun. If not now, probably in the next few months. I can't really get a peacock twist to stay yet either, I've tried with a couple different sizes/types of clips (an assortment of small claws, my small ficcare maximus, etc) and I think I'm just a teeny bit too short for it yet. I'll have to drop into the mini-milestone thread the first time I get these styles to work for me again!

gustavonut
November 23rd, 2017, 12:41 PM
Have you tried spin pins perhaps? Try whatever you can and I wish you luck in your endeavors! :cool: Be sure to take plenty of pics to keep us updated on the growth and what-not. Also, I am loving your natural hair color, very fitting in my opinion. ;)

wispe
November 23rd, 2017, 01:07 PM
Have you tried spin pins perhaps? Try whatever you can and I wish you luck in your endeavors! :cool: Be sure to take plenty of pics to keep us updated on the growth and what-not. Also, I am loving your natural hair color, very fitting in my opinion. ;)

Oooh, no, not yet. I do have a set but I always forget about them because they're the big size and I was more into stick buns before.. but if I can find where I left them I definitely need to pull them out and give them another 'spin' lol

Reyn127
November 24th, 2017, 03:57 PM
That is a big chop! It looks good. I bet it feels great to have those nice sleek ends, and the salon trip was probably a nice little treat :)

Pumpkin3826
December 27th, 2017, 08:54 AM
It looks so great! It must feel amazing to just chop and start fresh, and this time around you know so much more to grow it out healthier then last time! I loved wearing a regular pony tail when I had shorter hair, back when the pony tail was actually perky and didn't droop from heaviness. Lol. I admire your courage and good luck on your growing!