PDA

View Full Version : Thin see through ends to cut it not

Manda12345678
November 20th, 2017, 04:03 AM
To begging last October a hairstylist chopped my hair just below shoulder length and gave me a fringe and silly layers , not what I asked for (they never listen) now today the longest part of my hair is an inch below bra strap maby a little more and the layers are below shoulder now , my problem is I had a major hair shed a few weeks ago it has slowed down now thankfully but still loose a bit , now the ends of my hair are very thin and see through look in and quite fluffy , I don't want to loose my length but hate the ends I don't know weather to cut or not. Also all of my hair is very brittle dry and breaking of it's awful even the new growth looks unhealthy and extremely dry
i don't colour my hair anymore it's been 2 and a half years since I last coloured
i wash twice a week most
i have a filtered shower head
take biotin zinc and vitamin d
i don't use heated tools
i have had my bloods done and all ok
i started using a cleansing cream shampoo sulphate free
and I use Pantene conditioner without that my hair is so unmanageable
oils make my hair shed like crazy so I stopped that
sorry about the long post just looking for a bit of advise as doctors are useless so was my dermatologist
thanks in advance

enting
November 20th, 2017, 04:25 AM
How are your diet and stress levels? Those can also contribute to dryness and brittleness, even if nothing shows up wrong on blood tests. Did they just order a general blood count and vitamins/minerals, or did they also order blood tests of various hormones? I ask because an imbalance in thyroid hormones is quite common and can easily affect hair quality, but it's not always ordered.

I wouldn't cut just yet. It sounds like you would have the same problem with hair in not great condition, but then it'll be shorter, too. Benign neglect outside of actually washing and conditioning it might be in order. If there's a way you can style it during the day that is gentle and hides your ends away from sight, that may be good for both your ends and your peace of mind. There's always those fake-bob hairstyling tools. That would protect your actual thin ends and make your "ends" look thicker while you figure out what's going on without actually having to cut anything off. A bunmaker might also be a good way to protect your ends while keeping them out of view. I'm thinking of this sort of thing: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Womens-Bow-Hair-Styling-Clip-Stick-Bun-Maker-Braid-Tool-Hair-Accessories-IA/132282186778?hash=item1ecca1fc1a:m:mdLojWNb8K1wE6k nR6PZw_g I've never tried it myself but it looks gentle enough.

Is there anything that could be sucking moisture from your hair? Are you using anything that is a humectant in dry weather? Do you have a satin sleep cap or pillowcase? I'm just tossing out ideas here of things that might help you troubleshoot. If oils are bad for your scalp, what about teas or aloe? Are your skin and scalp also dry, or do you have scalp oils, they're just not helping your hair?

Manda12345678
November 20th, 2017, 04:37 AM
How are your diet and stress levels? Those can also contribute to dryness and brittleness, even if nothing shows up wrong on blood tests. Did they just order a general blood count and vitamins/minerals, or did they also order blood tests of various hormones? I ask because an imbalance in thyroid hormones is quite common and can easily affect hair quality, but it's not always ordered.

I wouldn't cut just yet. It sounds like you would have the same problem with hair in not great condition, but then it'll be shorter, too. Benign neglect outside of actually washing and conditioning it might be in order. If there's a way you can style it during the day that is gentle and hides your ends away from sight, that may be good for both your ends and your peace of mind. There's always those fake-bob hairstyling tools. That would protect your actual thin ends and make your "ends" look thicker while you figure out what's going on without actually having to cut anything off. A bunmaker might also be a good way to protect your ends while keeping them out of view. I'm thinking of this sort of thing: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Womens-Bow-Hair-Styling-Clip-Stick-Bun-Maker-Braid-Tool-Hair-Accessories-IA/132282186778?hash=item1ecca1fc1a:m:mdLojWNb8K1wE6k nR6PZw_g I've never tried it myself but it looks gentle enough.

Is there anything that could be sucking moisture from your hair? Are you using anything that is a humectant in dry weather? Do you have a satin sleep cap or pillowcase? I'm just tossing out ideas here of things that might help you troubleshoot. If oils are bad for your scalp, what about teas or aloe? Are your skin and scalp also dry, or do you have scalp oils, they're just not helping your hair?

thank you for replying my stress levels are good now I was bit stressed I think that's what caused the shed but okay now.
i have a silk pillowcase I don't dind it's made a difrence
my diet isn't the best as I had a eating disorder for 13 years and still struggle a lot better now though it's only been the last 3 years my hair has changed ,
i had blood work done for certain , thyroids etc and was all good
i usually just twist my hair n cup it back low so I don't use any bobbles either
I have aloe heat but never used it what can I do by using that ? Will it help scalp or hair the one I have in little squeeze tub. And it's pure aloe
i feel really depressed as since I stopped all the bad hair habits like colouring heat etc my hair has gotten worse
thanks for replying so fast

Sarahlabyrinth
November 20th, 2017, 04:48 AM
I have long see through ends too from losing hair some years ago. I am about to begin doing micro trims every month to gradually eliminate them without losing noticeable hair length, it works well, you could try doing that. There is a micro trimming and maintaining thread here, you could do some reading up on it.

enting
November 20th, 2017, 05:08 AM
Microtrims are a great way to slowly thicken the ends, I agree. As long as it doesn't call your attention more to how thin they are and make you remember your dissatisfaction with them, you could give it a go.

Some people find that massaging their scalp with aloe helps the way oil does for others, but because it's not an oil it doesn't cause shedding for those who are oil sensitive. You may wish to try gentle scalp massages even with just your hands and no added gel/cream. For myself I find that aloe on my lengths makes it feel softer, less brittle. I mix mine with oil, but there's a chance it could help your hair all by itself. It's one of those YMMV things that helps some, doesn't help others, but I think/hope there isn't much risk in trying it.

lapushka
November 20th, 2017, 05:25 AM
Bra strap is quite a bit of length already, so congrats on that!

Do you know why you shed that much? My first recommendation was to see your doctor and have some bloodwork done, but you did that and it's fine.

Maybe the cleanser you're using is not agreeing with your scalp. Sometimes people can shed bucket loads when not only oiling, but also when CO-washing (conditioner on the scalp). Why? Nobody knows, but it happens. It can also happen when you wash sulfate-free. So I'd take a look at that new cleanser and maybe go back to what you were using before.

Good luck!

Manda12345678
November 20th, 2017, 05:45 AM
By microriming do you go to the salon or do it at home your self ?
i only recently changed to a cleansing shampoo without sls so I don't think that what caused the problem with the shedding I don't find my hair as dry as soon as I've ringed it out ,
i will try the aloe Vera , do you put it in and rinse out ?
ive here's about apple cider vinegar to but unsure on what that does to the hair ?
does anyone else have frizzy thin ends when reaching bra strap ?
i have a gew splits not many it's more dry and frizzy than anything else
I don't know how to post pictures as it would probly help
I was thinking about just feathering the front to tidy up and maby a tiny bit of the length
All In all my hair has thinned by 40% but I'm more concerned about the health where it isn't growing healthy atall
thank you all for your advice

CindyOfTheOaks
November 20th, 2017, 05:56 AM
i only recently changed to a cleansing shampoo without sls so I don't think that what caused the problem with the shedding I don't find my hair as dry as soon as I've ringed it out ,
ive here's about apple cider vinegar to but unsure on what that does to the hair ?
I was thinking about just feathering the front to tidy up and maby a tiny bit of the length
All In all my hair has thinned by 40% but I'm more concerned about the health where it isn't growing healthy atall

please? You aren't twisting it like a wet cloth to remove water are you ?

enting
November 20th, 2017, 06:09 AM
I microtrim at home by myself. There's a whole thread about microtrimming and maintaining here: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=75468

There are probably threads on how people use aloe, as well. You may want to do a search for it. When I use it on my length I leave it in until the next wash, but you may find that you want to use it differently. Play around with it if you want to, try it before washing, after washing, sometime in the middle... you are definitely not obligated to try it in any fashion.

Apple cider vinegar is a mild acid which helps close the cuticle of the hair. This makes the hair less grabby or velcro-ey for those that use it and like it. Not everyone's hair likes it. I find that for me it makes my hair less tangly and it helps bring the oils from my scalp farther down my hair. The first few weeks that I used it, my hair was so greasy! and my hair was usually pretty dry and brittle. It balanced out after that initial period of time. Most people use it as a diluted rinse after washing their hair. Some rinse it out, some use it as the final rinse and let it dry in their hair. There are definitely a number of threads on this topic as well.

My ends are always dry and frizzy and tangly no matter what length I have, it seems. The last 4-6 inches were unhappy back when I was BSL, they continued to be so at TBL. I just trimmed back to somewhere between BCL and TBL because it was so thin and tangly. I am probably doing something wrong to make it so, but above that point my hair seems pretty happy. I am very prone to splits in addition, but I have a lot of territory that is just dry and crunchy. Microtrimming has helped me get to this point and not just chop off those 4 inches every year only to stay at the same false terminal year after year. When I trimmed tiny bits more frequently my ends were happier. I hadn't trimmed in many months and finally realized this week that I had to do it or the yucky bits would take over more of my length. Keeping my hair covered with soft scarves and hats has also helped protect it and I credit a lot of my newfound ability to gain length to keeping it covered and protected from sun, wind, dust, and contact with other things.

If frizz is very much a problem, it's possible that your hair is curlier than you think. Do you know about the curly girl method? Even if it's just wavier/wurlier than you think and not curly at all, the CG method may help it be its best.

The only things I can think of to help hair from the inside when one is otherwise healthy is to increase protein intake and increase circulation to the scalp. Circulation can be aided with getting exercise, massage, or warmth.

Edited to add: Bra strap length is a length that is prone to damage by being rubbed against things. Many people have difficulty with their ends at this length.

Manda12345678
November 20th, 2017, 06:24 AM
please? You aren't twisting it like a wet cloth to remove water are you ?

It was meant to say rinsed silly autocorrect

Manda12345678
November 20th, 2017, 06:29 AM
Thanks for all of that it is defiantly worth a try :)
No never geared of curly girl method what is that ?
It sucks that the ends are like that isn't it and the thaught of cutting it of is horrible I love long hair always has it until last year ,
My hair was nice then once I had highlights and the man fried all of my hair it was waist length and ever since then it's got worse and worse , that's why I worry going to a salon they never listen

lapushka
November 20th, 2017, 06:41 AM
Thanks for all of that it is defiantly worth a try :)
No never geared of curly girl method what is that ?
It sucks that the ends are like that isn't it and the thaught of cutting it of is horrible I love long hair always has it until last year ,
My hair was nice then once I had highlights and the man fried all of my hair it was waist length and ever since then it's got worse and worse , that's why I worry going to a salon they never listen

Did you have bleach recently? How long ago?

Try Googling the curly girl method, on top of that, this page might help (do research it yourself, though):
https://www.wikihow.com/Follow-the-Curly-Girl-Method-for-Curly-Hair

enting
November 20th, 2017, 06:42 AM
There is a whole book out there just for curly hair care, I'm not sure if I can summarize it all. I suggest searching around on google and here on the LHC for more information. Part of it is never brushing or combing when the hair is dry, scrunching/plopping the hair gently when wet to help the hair stay wurly/curly and hydrated, using lots of moisture, there's a ton of ideas out there.

You've definitely come to the right place when it comes to learning how to deal with your hair yourself rather than go back to a salon. Plenty of people here still do go to salons, but we talk a lot about how to do things ourselves.

spidermom
November 20th, 2017, 06:45 AM
If it were me, I'd get those thin, dry ends cut off, but I'm not at all sentimental about length. I've grown my hair out to the top of my legs and cut it back to barely shoulder length. Now it's about an inch past collarbone length, and I love this length. It's much more versatile than my long hair was.

I didn't see that anybody answered your question about aloe vera. You don't rinse it out. You use it just like a styling gel. A little goes a long way. However, if you live in a dry climate, it might make your dry hair problem worse. It can draw moisture from the atmosphere toward your hair, but it can also draw moisture out of your hair toward a dry environment.

Also, I was skimming, so excuse me if this is a repeat. Sometimes we need to clarify our hair by washing it with a clarifying shampoo. Ingredients from conditioners, oils, etc can build up on hair, and it is the buildup that is dried out, not the hair itself. If you haven't tried that, do. Sometimes it can take more than one washing to get the buildup off. Follow up clarifying with a moisture treatment. You can buy an over the counter masque or mix 1 part conditioner with 1/2 part aloe vera gel and 1/2 part honey. Leave it on the hair for at least 10 minutes. I usually do treatments while I'm soaking in a warm bath. You can keep this away from your scalp if you need to.

Manda12345678
November 20th, 2017, 06:49 AM
Did you have bleach recently? How long ago?

Try Googling the curly girl method, on top of that, this page might help (do research it yourself, though):
https://www.wikihow.com/Follow-the-Curly-Girl-Method-for-Curly-Hair

The bleach was 2 and a half years ago now that's why I'm concerned my virgin hair is very unhealthy

Manda12345678
November 20th, 2017, 06:52 AM
Thank you everyone for your kind replies and good advice I will try the aloe
Yes I clarified my hair Friday I do it once a month or twice depending on buildup
I will try the moisture treatment To on wash day
I find the longer without washing my hair is slight oily it it looks more dry and crunchy brittle looking with lots of short hairs everywhere some are not smooth they are crinkly feel bumpy and frizz everywhere

lapushka
November 20th, 2017, 07:12 AM

The switch to the other cleanser could definitely be an issue. Don't just discard it. It is a thing! It exists. Some people need sulfates to wash and cleanse.

enting
November 20th, 2017, 07:15 AM
I just wanted to comment on your mentioning that the short hairs are crinkly and feel bumpy - this does not necessarily mean they are damaged! Your hair texture might be changing. Crinkly hairs can be more delicate, but they are a completely normal, healthy hair texture variant.

Jo Ann
November 20th, 2017, 07:30 AM
To find out more about SMT, go here: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=128

I'm curious about your wash/condition routine. I had some problems with just shampoo and conditioner. Thanks to a suggestion by Lapushka, I added another conditioner to my routine (Hello Hydration) and it did wonders! Also, when I use my second conditoner, I only apply it from the ears down. Another trick (also suggested by Lapushka :) ) is using mineral oil (I'm currently using up a bottle of baby oil this way) as a rinse-out oil (ROO--link here: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=129191 ) between my first and second conditioner--that also adds moisture to my hair!

I second Spidermom's suggestion to clarify. How's your water? If you have hard water, maybe a vinegar rinse (either apple cider or white distilled vinegar) can help you out,

I also third LOC/LCO after you wash your hair ( http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=118167 ). My hair is dry and this helps it out tremendously! Between washes, I also use an argan oil serum ( https://www.walmart.com/ip/Spring-Valley-Organic-Morroccan-Argan-Oil-Serum-2-Oz/46342028 ) between washes if my hair needs it. With oils, a little goes a long way, so don't be discouraged if you find you used too much. As dry as your hair appears to be right now, that might not be a bad thing, because your hair should drink it up.

How often do you wash your hair? Maybe substitute washing with conditioner only instead of shampoo might help you out.

Manda12345678
November 20th, 2017, 07:44 AM
To find out more about SMT, go here: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=128

I'm curious about your wash/condition routine. I had some problems with just shampoo and conditioner. Thanks to a suggestion by Lapushka, I added another conditioner to my routine (Hello Hydration) and it did wonders! Also, when I use my second conditoner, I only apply it from the ears down. Another trick (also suggested by Lapushka :) ) is using mineral oil (I'm currently using up a bottle of baby oil this way) as a rinse-out oil (ROO--link here: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=129191 ) between my first and second conditioner--that also adds moisture to my hair!

I second Spidermom's suggestion to clarify. How's your water? If you have hard water, maybe a vinegar rinse (either apple cider or white distilled vinegar) can help you out,

I also third LOC/LCO after you wash your hair ( http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=118167 ). My hair is dry and this helps it out tremendously! Between washes, I also use an argan oil serum ( https://www.walmart.com/ip/Spring-Valley-Organic-Morroccan-Argan-Oil-Serum-2-Oz/46342028 ) between washes if my hair needs it. With oils, a little goes a long way, so don't be discouraged if you find you used too much. As dry as your hair appears to be right now, that might not be a bad thing, because your hair should drink it up.

How often do you wash your hair? Maybe substitute washing with conditioner only instead of shampoo might help you out.

i usually wet hair thoroughly and apply conditioner to the bottom half and then either use a cleansing sulphate free shampoo and massage only the scalp and rings of or if I clarify I add some conditioner to the bottom clarify the scalp and then dunce then I apply Pantene conditioner all over the smooth sleek one and rinse I then comb the front and use a microfibres towel and leave it in my hair until basically dry I then loosely braid my hair in two pig tails each side from the ears down and leave it until the next day
I just bayght a shower head filter to see if it helps I'm not sure if I have hard water

lapushka
November 20th, 2017, 07:52 AM

I used to use the rinse-out oil (ROO) before my conditioners, but now I also do it between both conditioners (I forgot at one point, and still wanted to ROO, so did this). It's much better this way, somehow it keeps more moisture locked in.

The links to ROO & LOC/LCO are in my signature, should you be interested. Just FYI!

yahirwaO.o
November 20th, 2017, 12:49 PM
If it were me, I'd get those thin, dry ends cut off, but I'm not at all sentimental about length. I've grown my hair out to the top of my legs and cut it back to barely shoulder length. Now it's about an inch past collarbone length, and I love this length. It's much more versatile than my long hair was.

I didn't see that anybody answered your question about aloe vera. You don't rinse it out. You use it just like a styling gel. A little goes a long way. However, if you live in a dry climate, it might make your dry hair problem worse. It can draw moisture from the atmosphere toward your hair, but it can also draw moisture out of your hair toward a dry environment.

Also, I was skimming, so excuse me if this is a repeat. Sometimes we need to clarify our hair by washing it with a clarifying shampoo. Ingredients from conditioners, oils, etc can build up on hair, and it is the buildup that is dried out, not the hair itself. If you haven't tried that, do. Sometimes it can take more than one washing to get the buildup off. Follow up clarifying with a moisture treatment. You can buy an over the counter masque or mix 1 part conditioner with 1/2 part aloe vera gel and 1/2 part honey. Leave it on the hair for at least 10 minutes. I usually do treatments while I'm soaking in a warm bath. You can keep this away from your scalp if you need to.

Yes to everything spidemom has said. Clarifying does make a huge difference. If it does help I would also chop sme of that lenght that it is becoming annoying (im so against unhappy thin ends)

Try to check your vitamins and go to a doctor in case yu have a defficency. Healthy hair grows from a happy scalp :)

Beeboo123
November 20th, 2017, 01:40 PM
I would do a chop... I feel that damage begets damage, knots and split ends cause more tangles in my hair, which stresses the neighbouring strands and causes them to split too

Corvana
November 20th, 2017, 02:11 PM
i usually wet hair thoroughly and apply conditioner to the bottom half and then either use a cleansing sulphate free shampoo and massage only the scalp and rings of or if I clarify I add some conditioner to the bottom clarify the scalp and then dunce then I apply Pantene conditioner all over the smooth sleek one and rinse I then comb the front and use a microfibres towel and leave it in my hair until basically dry I then loosely braid my hair in two pig tails each side from the ears down and leave it until the next day
I just bayght a shower head filter to see if it helps I'm not sure if I have hard water

So you're only clarifying your scalp? When you clarify, you need to clarify your whole length. Buildup doesn't just happen on your scalp!

Deborah
November 20th, 2017, 05:37 PM
I'd cut off those thin ends. Having a nice even, thicker hemline will make your hair look a lot better. It's worth it.

Jo Ann
November 20th, 2017, 07:48 PM
Try clarifying ALL of your hair. I use a non-SLS shampoo three weeks out of four, then clarify my entire hair length on the fourth week (I wash weekly). I would do that and see how your hair behaves after you wash and deep-condition (I do a SMT after I clarify to put back in the moisture the clarifying shampoo removes). You probably have build-up on your lengths, especially if you use a coney conditioner (not that they're "bad," but build-up does occur).

Jo Ann
November 20th, 2017, 07:49 PM
I blame you for a lot of my bad habits, don't I, Lapushka :p

lapushka
November 21st, 2017, 01:20 AM
I blame you for a lot of my bad habits, don't I, Lapushka :p

Who better to blame. :p ;) :lol: And who said they were bad habits. ;) Right? :)

Manda12345678
November 21st, 2017, 02:29 AM
I will try and clarify my whole lengths on wash day and see what happens :)
its weird it's more of my top layer that's all broken frizzy and feels rough the underneath new growth is more smooth it's just a pain as I middle part and that's all the hair you can see :(
does putting braids in damp hair cause breakage I wear them all the time unless I go out

enting
November 21st, 2017, 03:19 AM
On some hair types damp braiding does cause damage, but it sounds like you're mostly unhappy with your canopy (the top layer of hair). That sounds to me that it's less how you're styling it and more that something else is making your canopy sad.

Do you wash your hair with it parted in the middle also? Do you apply shampoo/conditioner straight on top of your hair? If so, it could totally be buildup or overdrying of the canopy specifically. Washing with your head upside down if you don't already could switch it up and give you a chance to see if that's the culprit.

Does your head often brush against things like a hood/hat, roof of the car, do you live in a sunny or windy area? There could be damage and drying caused by any of those.

You may simply need to baby your canopy more than the rest of your hair. Some of us around here need to treat different sections of our hair completely differently in order to get it all to behave. This layer of hair is what anything is going to touch and affect first. It sounds like it's doing a great job of protecting the hair underneath, but that top layer needs something protecting it, too. If it's any consolation, having difficulty with the canopy layer is a really common issue. This also means there's a lot of discussion about how to make it better, which means more ideas are out there for you to try.

Manda12345678
November 21st, 2017, 04:38 AM
On some hair types damp braiding does cause damage, but it sounds like you're mostly unhappy with your canopy (the top layer of hair). That sounds to me that it's less how you're styling it and more that something else is making your canopy sad.

Do you wash your hair with it parted in the middle also? Do you apply shampoo/conditioner straight on top of your hair? If so, it could totally be buildup or overdrying of the canopy specifically. Washing with your head upside down if you don't already could switch it up and give you a chance to see if that's the culprit.

Does your head often brush against things like a hood/hat, roof of the car, do you live in a sunny or windy area? There could be damage and drying caused by any of those.

You may simply need to baby your canopy more than the rest of your hair. Some of us around here need to treat different sections of our hair completely differently in order to get it all to behave. This layer of hair is what anything is going to touch and affect first. It sounds like it's doing a great job of protecting the hair underneath, but that top layer needs something protecting it, too. If it's any consolation, having difficulty with the canopy layer is a really common issue. This also means there's a lot of discussion about how to make it better, which means more ideas are out there for you to try.
hi yes I do wash it while parted , I also tried before washing head over for a while and no difrence
maby I should clarify the length as you mentioned
yes I apply on the top of hair aswell not shampoo and conditioner. It I spread shampoo over scalpand gently massage scalp

No hats or anything either
its just puzzled me as I used to have thick shiny healthy hair when I used to colour it a few years back it's just got worse since being better to my hair

Manda12345678
November 21st, 2017, 04:40 AM
I meant both shampoo and conditioner

Jo Ann
November 21st, 2017, 05:04 AM
Other than dying your hair, what else changed in the last few years? I see you purchased a shower filter, in case hard water is the culprit, as well as changed to a non-SLS shampoo.

Manda12345678
November 21st, 2017, 06:46 AM
Other than dying your hair, what else changed in the last few years? I see you purchased a shower filter, in case hard water is the culprit, as well as changed to a non-SLS shampoo.

Yes I only just this week changed he shower head to a filter and about a week ago switched to sls free shampoo
i can't think of anything else I do fifteenth

Manda12345678
November 21st, 2017, 06:46 AM
I do difrent I mean

Jo Ann
November 21st, 2017, 11:25 AM
Yes I only just this week changed he shower head to a filter and about a week ago switched to sls free shampoo
i can't think of anything else I do fifteenth
I made the switch to a non-SLS shampoo three months ago. It took me a little experimenting to realize, in my case, first I do the scalp, then I do the lengths, and finally everything together. Also, a little bit of water after I apply the shampoo helps me work up a decent foam. Yes, I use a wee bit more shampoo (I'm on track to use up the shampoo before I use up the conditioner), but I'm pretty happy with the results overall.

Let us know how it goes when you clarify your scalp and lengths! You might be pleasantly surprised :)

Manda12345678
November 23rd, 2017, 07:07 AM
I made the switch to a non-SLS shampoo three months ago. It took me a little experimenting to realize, in my case, first I do the scalp, then I do the lengths, and finally everything together. Also, a little bit of water after I apply the shampoo helps me work up a decent foam. Yes, I use a wee bit more shampoo (I'm on track to use up the shampoo before I use up the conditioner), but I'm pretty happy with the results overall.
Ju
Let us know how it goes when you clarify your scalp and lengths! You might be pleasantly surprised :)

Just clarified all my hair now i found I shed more hairs when clarifying. But I haven't washed in a week as was I'll so maby that's why
I'm also booked in for a cut tomorrow I mite just get a inch taken of the ends
I will let u know how it is when dried

Jo Ann
November 23rd, 2017, 10:48 AM
Just to make clear how I wash my hair with non-SLS shampoo:

First I wash my scalp, then I add a bit more shampoo to wash the lengths, then I add a little water to work up a nice foam--this is all ONE washing. I do not wash more than once.