PDA

View Full Version : Three (or four!) monthly photo thread

Jas
November 17th, 2017, 02:22 PM
I thought I'd create this - I looked at the seasonal thread but that didn't seem quite right and I've not been paying attention to seasons and taking pics then.

I looked at the monthly photo thread but I thought that might drive me a bit crazy, I felt three monthly photos would be good so that I can see growth and know I'm progressing without worrying about doing it monthly and trying to figure out if it looks longer then!

Feel free to post images that are 3-4 months apart from past pics, would be good to see how different people's growth looks in this time period :)

Rule is only to have a marker somewhere to see how length has changed (like hands on hips or a line through the picture). Try to take the pictures on a certain date every third (or fourth) month or within a few days.

https://i.imgur.com/r2GeZ7O.jpg

Here is my three monthly picture from August-November. Finally inching close to BCL! Ends don't look nearly as bad as I thought they would either so I'm happy.

Dendra
November 17th, 2017, 02:40 PM
Good progress Jas! Your hair's looking really shiny and healthy :)

This is a good idea for a thread, I like pictures where you can see a good chunk of growth. This is pretty basic, but how do you post pictures side by side like that?

Jas
November 17th, 2017, 02:54 PM
Oh, I just edit in paint :P and play around with cropping them next to each other.

So pic --> Right click --> edit and do the same for the other pic you want to edit, then copy the second pic to the first paint image (make sure you have enough of the white page to put it next to the other pic). Hope that makes sense!

and thank you :D I am quite happy with it, I expected my ends to be a lot worse.. guess wearing hair up really does make a massive difference!

Get your pics up when you get the cropping working!

Suze
November 17th, 2017, 02:58 PM
Good idea for a thread Jas! I'm doing this anyway, taking lengthshots every three months. Otherwise it would drive me nuts and my hair doesn't grow fast so there is not much to see.

Your hair looks really good, happy and healthy! I might post pictures later but I already posted these in the BSL 2 waist thread, hmmm.

ShilvaA
November 17th, 2017, 03:00 PM
Heres my 4 month progress... had a bit of a trim last month but there is still some growth :)

No more trimming until late next year now!! Hoping for Hip or close-to for my wedding in Jan 2019. Cant afford to lose anymore length!

https://s19.postimg.org/bgufbgt1v/B824_C17_A-88_AD-4380-88_F7-_F690_C1_AFEBDA.jpg

Corvana
November 17th, 2017, 03:27 PM
Oh ho a length shot thread I can be in! I was struggling really hard with monthly length shots, both in remembering to do them the right day and in not seeing much progress in them. So I decided 4 times a year on a cycle starting January 1st (so I can have a fresh picture for the new year, and I get the "full" year's growth for the last lol), then wrote down in my hair spreadsheet (shhhhhh lol) the days for photos and the days for measuring (which I decided on every 4 weeks exactly, but will likely stop actually measuring after APL because it feels like milestones will be easier to go by then).

So for now I'll just post my October 1st length shot, as it's the only one that "counts" now lol. I have it also paired with my first length/typing photo, but that was from May before my trim and is basically the same length as October's anyway.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=28784&d=1506989142

Next up: January 1st!

Andthetalltrees
November 17th, 2017, 03:40 PM
These aren't super "traditional" length photos since they're from the side, but it's one of the ways I keep track.

July vs November

https://preview.ibb.co/m7mFTR/WIN_20170702_14_37_08_Pro.jpg (https://ibb.co/khufv6)
https://preview.ibb.co/e8BUNm/WIN_20171114_16_59_27_Pro.jpg (https://ibb.co/cTtyF6)

Jas
November 17th, 2017, 03:46 PM
Thanks Suze! Yeah those were my thoughts. I was considering making this a pictures only thread and having a separate comments one but didn't because making your own thread is a bit intimidating :P Do post your pics later though!

ShilvaA there's definitely some good growth there, I reckon you'll easily make it to hip by 2019 (just don't trim too much!).

Corvana - I was thinking about doing it in January too for the full year one. I figured I'll take pics then anyway as it'll be my LHC anniversary in January and just have a yearly one separately :D I also use a hair spreadsheet, it's soo good. I love having the visual of when you're likely to reach length goals, no shame (Well, on this site anyway) :P. Looks like you've got a great start, your hair looks really healthy and thick.

Andthetalltrees - Interesting way to keep track, you can see there's been growth though =D

Dendra
November 17th, 2017, 05:21 PM
Oh, I just edit in paint :P and play around with cropping them next to each other.

So pic --> Right click --> edit and do the same for the other pic you want to edit, then copy the second pic to the first paint image (make sure you have enough of the white page to put it next to the other pic). Hope that makes sense!

and thank you :D I am quite happy with it, I expected my ends to be a lot worse.. guess wearing hair up really does make a massive difference!

Get your pics up when you get the cropping working!

Thank you Jas, I had no idea it was that simple! I have a mac so I can't use paint but thanks to google I've found a whole new world of (extremely basic) photo editing joy built in to mac's photo preview. So now I can draw a line to indicate waist etc, but still trying to figure out how to align two pictures.

ShilvaA your hair is just lovely. Looking good everyone.

ShilvaA
November 18th, 2017, 02:59 AM
Thank you Dendra! It’s been a long time coming as my hair was horrendously bleach-damaged the other year.

Everyones hair looks great! Happy growing everyone! <3

Stray_mind
November 18th, 2017, 03:29 AM
Nice thread idea!

This is my 3 month and 5 day progress. Forgive the bad photo quality. I don't really have a good spot with good lighting.
The first pic i took on the day i rejoined the LHC and the second one is today.

https://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn256/angel_corpse_album/2017-11-18_122530_zpsd8wuju0n.jpg

Corvana
November 18th, 2017, 01:04 PM
Corvana - I was thinking about doing it in January too for the full year one. I figured I'll take pics then anyway as it'll be my LHC anniversary in January and just have a yearly one separately :D I also use a hair spreadsheet, it's soo good. I love having the visual of when you're likely to reach length goals, no shame (Well, on this site anyway) :P. Looks like you've got a great start, your hair looks really healthy and thick.

Heheh I picked the dates in late August I think? So I'd just missed July's! But I figured I'd just wait anyway, because heck it! It wasn't too much of a pain to just wait lol. But I am glad I figured it out in time so that I could start 2018's photos on January 1st!

And I'll likely take photos of milestones, if I notice I hit them. I feel like those would be outliers anyway, and I'm one who would want to have it immortalized when I hit it, instead of waiting for the length shot day.

Yeah it's great! Not 100% accurate, considering variable growth, but nice to get an idea from! Like, I think I'll probably hit APL before next summer, and should definitely hit BSL before fall. And I could maybe hit waist next year if I get a couple good growth spurts! But my spreadsheet says APL in February, BSL in June, and WL in November! While I'd love that, I'm trying really hard to not see those dates as a near-guarantee (it's so hard, though! I want super long hair NOW!).

And thank you! It's starting to get a little velcro-y on the ends, though and that makes me sad! I have a hard time trimming at this length, so I'm gonna have to just deal I guess? I really need to see about getting some more deep conditioner, because I'm out!

Corvana
November 18th, 2017, 01:12 PM
And since I keep forgetting to do so:

Jas your hair is so lovely! It actually reminds me of my son's, and his hair is so soft.

ShilvaA your color is incredible, and I love your waves! I think your hair is basically exactly what I think of when I think of my "perfect hair". I think I'm still not over my texture being 1b even though it's been this way for ALMOST THIRTY YEARS :laugh:

Andthetalltrees that's still some good and noticeable growth! And your hair is so shiny!

Stray_mind wow! That's a lot of growth! And of course your hair is amazing as always.

I love the gap for these photos, because it really drives home the length gains!

Andthetalltrees
November 18th, 2017, 02:06 PM

Jas your hair is so lovely! It actually reminds me of my son's, and his hair is so soft.

ShilvaA your color is incredible, and I love your waves! I think your hair is basically exactly what I think of when I think of my "perfect hair". I think I'm still not over my texture being 1b even though it's been this way for ALMOST THIRTY YEARS :laugh:

Andthetalltrees that's still some good and noticeable growth! And your hair is so shiny!

Stray_mind wow! That's a lot of growth! And of course your hair is amazing as always.

I love the gap for these photos, because it really drives home the length gains!

I never thought of my hair as shiny before posting pictures here haha, But many people have gave me that compliment, so I guess it is!

ShilvaA
November 18th, 2017, 03:19 PM

You are really kind! I have always wished for straighter hair, even now, especially as I have always wanted a really full hemline (like yours!) it’s crazy how we always wish for what we dont have! 1b is a wonderful texture, very good for noticing length increases too. :D

lapushka
November 18th, 2017, 03:27 PM
Nice thread idea!

This is my 3 month and 5 day progress. Forgive the bad photo quality. I don't really have a good spot with good lighting.
The first pic i took on the day i rejoined the LHC and the second one is today.

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn256/angel_corpse_album/2017-11-18_122530_zpsd8wuju0n.jpg

That is quite a bit of growth for just 3 months! You're well on your way. :D :flower:

Corvana
November 18th, 2017, 04:08 PM
You are really kind! I have always wished for straighter hair, even now, especially as I have always wanted a really full hemline (like yours!) it’s crazy how we always wish for what we dont have! 1b is a wonderful texture, very good for noticing length increases too. :D

Let's swap! :laugh:

Dendra
November 18th, 2017, 04:19 PM

It really does! As in Stray_mind's photos - hello supergrowth :cool:

And ShilvaA that's good to know that your brought your hair back to such lovely condition after bleach damage, that goes to show there's always hope :)

Jas
November 18th, 2017, 04:34 PM
Stray_mind, that's great progress - you can really see the difference.

Corvana, I know what you mean with the spreadsheet dates - it tells me I'll have classic by next October and I'm not totally convinced about that (but hoping!). Thank you for the compliment :D Yeah that is one thing I really like about my hair, it is really soft. Your hair looks really lovely and thick, can't wait to see your growth progress in January!

Edit: Oh, I thought you lot just used bold <b> to bold names but it doesn't work for me, how do you do it?

Corvana
November 18th, 2017, 05:14 PM

Corvana, I know what you mean with the spreadsheet dates - it tells me I'll have classic by next October and I'm not totally convinced about that (but hoping!). Thank you for the compliment :D Yeah that is one thing I really like about my hair, it is really soft. Your hair looks really lovely and thick, can't wait to see your growth progress in January!

Edit: Oh, I thought you lot just used bold <b> to bold names but it doesn't work for me, how do you do it?

You use [b]! Or if you're on the computer you can do ctrl+b!

Yeah I'm super hopeful about it, but now that I'm more calm about my growth spurt that I thought was my normal growth rate not being my normal growth rate, I'm taking everything with a grain of salt lol.

You're welcome! I'm a little jealous of how soft his hair is, and he literally only needs to brush it for it to be so soft. I'm over here like "I need a deep conditioner, oil, and a leave-in to get near that softness a little bit, how rude." :laugh: But on the other hand, his hair tangles way more easily than mine! Pros and cons lol.

And thanks! I can't wait either ehehe. I think January's is gonna be with a towel, too, to really mark off APL.

Stray_mind
November 19th, 2017, 12:34 AM

Thank you so much. It's nice to compare the difference in a time span of a few months, the progress is more visible then. But i think growing out a pixie or bob always makes the difference more striking heh. I still can't wait to reach my first milestone-shoulder length. :)

That is quite a bit of growth for just 3 months! You're well on your way. :D :flower:
Thank you! :o :blossom:

It really does! As in Stray_mind's photos - hello supergrowth :cool:

Hahaha, i don't think it's "super growth", but it does grow pretty fast. My friend has super growth though. Her hair went from pixie to almost shoulder length in only 4 months!

Thank you :flower:

Everyone has a very decent growth rate here. I think being on LHC adds to it. :)
My hair has never grown so fast before i joined this community.

Jas
January 24th, 2018, 03:54 PM
Soo, I'm cheating on this one a bit because I wanted to start my 3 monthly photos from scratch for the new year. Soo.. August, November and January:

http://i66.tinypic.com/313ghp1.png

Corvana
January 24th, 2018, 04:39 PM
LOL WHOOPS I forgot to post in here in January!!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29694&d=1514792494

It includes May when I joined, even though I basically only regained what I'd cut and a smidge more by October.

Corvana
January 24th, 2018, 04:40 PM
Soo, I'm cheating on this one a bit because I wanted to start my 3 monthly photos from scratch for the new year. Soo.. August, November and January:

Looking at your roots it looks like you've gained quite a bit since November!

Jas
January 24th, 2018, 04:57 PM
Ooh you've had some nice growth over the last three months actually, looking pretty (and really thick!).

I didn't realise how much I gained with the roots actually, I'm always looking at the other end of my hair! Next photo is in April.. I really need to try and just forget about it until then.

Corvana
January 24th, 2018, 08:38 PM
Ooh you've had some nice growth over the last three months actually, looking pretty (and really thick!).

I didn't realise how much I gained with the roots actually, I'm always looking at the other end of my hair! Next photo is in April.. I really need to try and just forget about it until then.

Mine is too! April 1st. But I'm creeping up on APL and so I just keep checking and checking and checking! :rolleyes: Stop it, self! :slap:

And thank you!! I love how shiny and smooth your hair looks. It reminds me of my roommates, and I think you two might be close to hair twins! While I got her to post like one time here, she's like "but what if they haaaaaaaate me and how I treat my hair :wail:" so she's been avoiding lol.

Jas
January 25th, 2018, 05:42 AM
I know, it's so hard not to check! Pulling right at the weaker ends for me probably isn't a good idea xD

Thank you! Really? Ahh she should post a pic of her hair so I can see! :D

Stray_mind
January 25th, 2018, 09:10 AM
LOL WHOOPS I forgot to post in here in January!!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29694&d=1514792494

It includes May when I joined, even though I basically only regained what I'd cut and a smidge more by October.

Great progress! Loving your texture. :)

Corvana
January 25th, 2018, 03:20 PM
I know, it's so hard not to check! Pulling right at the weaker ends for me probably isn't a good idea xD

Thank you! Really? Ahh she should post a pic of her hair so I can see! :D

Gosh I'd have to find one tbh. It's been bleached white and still has some pink and purple left in it so it looks less similar now lol. But gosh I think even her roots are about the same color??

Corvana
January 25th, 2018, 03:21 PM
Great progress! Loving your texture. :)

:o thank you! It's been really fun discovering how it wants to be, and I'm wondering if it will get even more wavy as time goes on. I love looking at October next to January because you can see that frizz in October, making my hair look rough, but in January it's mostly gone. Tells me I'm doing the right things!

Stray_mind
January 26th, 2018, 04:12 AM
:o thank you! It's been really fun discovering how it wants to be, and I'm wondering if it will get even more wavy as time goes on. I love looking at October next to January because you can see that frizz in October, making my hair look rough, but in January it's mostly gone. Tells me I'm doing the right things!

I hope so too, though it is known that length weighs down the waves and makes hair a bit straighter.
I really want to have lose but big waves so my hair would look luscious and voluminous hahaha!

Corvana
January 26th, 2018, 02:05 PM
I hope so too, though it is known that length weighs down the waves and makes hair a bit straighter.
I really want to have lose but big waves so my hair would look luscious and voluminous hahaha!

I know they still exist at BSL, as I've spotted them when going through old photos with the view of "that's not messy hair that's wavy hair", and that's without taking care of it properly! They generally looked like my avatar, which is after brushing and I don't think I used LOC that day either. Sometimes I'm very lazy about it because my hair takes a billion years to dry and I find it's so hard to not touch it :laugh: So, I'm mostly curious!

valkyrie90
March 14th, 2018, 10:04 AM
Long time no taking length pic . My mom was away and she's so bad at taking hair pics but she's all I have so here is my 4 month length pic . Idk how to align 2 pics side by side properly but my hair does grow judge by the lines on my dress . On my way to hip .

http://i63.tinypic.com/16ibafm.jpg

Jas
March 14th, 2018, 12:10 PM
Oh that's definitely grown a good bit - in the second one your ends are flippy too so you've probably got a bit more length than we see. Really lovely hair, it looks so glossy!

My 3 monthly pic is coming up in April, I doubt it'll be very noticeable growth though as I did trim it half an inch last month and it's been growing slowly recently.

Jas
March 28th, 2018, 08:15 AM
Posting my pics slightly earlier as I'm going away to my mums today so won't be home for the 1st April.

August 2017, November, January 2018 and "April" 2018 (close enough) :D Not had a lot of growth but at least the dye is going down a bit.

http://i65.tinypic.com/15miic6.png

Corvana
April 1st, 2018, 04:06 PM
Long time no taking length pic . My mom was away and she's so bad at taking hair pics but she's all I have so here is my 4 month length pic . Idk how to align 2 pics side by side properly but my hair does grow judge by the lines on my dress . On my way to hip .

Definitely can see growth!!

Posting my pics slightly earlier as I'm going away to my mums today so won't be home for the 1st April.

August 2017, November, January 2018 and "April" 2018 (close enough) :D Not had a lot of growth but at least the dye is going down a bit.

I can def see more of your roots! And your ends are very wavy, so they could definitely be hiding some growth.

Corvana
April 1st, 2018, 04:07 PM
Official Pictures Day was today! Woohoo!!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=31046&d=1522614709

Left is the most recent! I should really go and flip all these around buuuuuut... so much effort...

I love seeing my hair go from "frizzy mess" to "frizzy but straight" to "not frizzy and full on body wave" to "a lil frizz but HOT DOG LOOKIT THOSE WAVES". :inlove: Even if my hair grows no longer, I would still be so incredibly happy with it!

Doesn't look like too much growth, side by side with January, but the bra and my freckles really help as markers! And I keep reminding myself about the shrinkage!

Corvana
July 2nd, 2018, 05:02 PM
Another picture day!! Uploaded on imgur today because I had to redo them but LHC is still showing the old versions.

https://i.imgur.com/ePviMaW.png

I've dropped the May photo from my updates, but once it's uploading properly it'll still be viewable in my LHC album! Next photo will start the second row, I'm so excited :joy:

Fun fact about today's waves: 0 product in there. I was feeling... So so lazy. Plus I was a little curious to see how my hair looks to people who aren't me when I don't feel like putting product in. I know that I can see the waves, especially up front, but they don't always show in photos.

Stray_mind
July 2nd, 2018, 11:55 PM
Another picture day!! Uploaded on imgur today because I had to redo them but LHC is still showing the old versions.

https://i.imgur.com/ePviMaW.png

I've dropped the May photo from my updates, but once it's uploading properly it'll still be viewable in my LHC album! Next photo will start the second row, I'm so excited :joy:

Fun fact about today's waves: 0 product in there. I was feeling... So so lazy. Plus I was a little curious to see how my hair looks to people who aren't me when I don't feel like putting product in. I know that I can see the waves, especially up front, but they don't always show in photos.
That's some massive growth! You're so close to BSL, yeeey!
Your waves are also very nice. :flower:

Lady Stardust
July 3rd, 2018, 12:20 AM
Corvana your hair is gorgeous! I’ve only recently discovered that my hair has waves and isn’t just badly behaved, so I’m very impressed to see how your hair has come along since your discovery. Gorgeous waves!

Corvana
July 3rd, 2018, 01:41 AM
Corvana your hair is gorgeous! I’ve only recently discovered that my hair has waves and isn’t just badly behaved, so I’m very impressed to see how your hair has come along since your discovery. Gorgeous waves!

Oh gosh thank you so much! I'm so happy with my hair, I honestly never thought I could truly love it. I used to be so baffled when people would say they loved their hair, but now I know what they mean!

Corvana
July 3rd, 2018, 01:44 AM
That's some massive growth! You're so close to BSL, yeeey!
Your waves are also very nice. :flower:

Thank you!! I'm calling where the third picture (or my avatar) is cropped! I think I'm actually almost there stretched, but clearly my waves disagree :laugh: My spreadsheet says that my next measurement (the 17th) will actually be when I can call BSL (stretched). So I've got... somewhere between an inch and an inch and a half of shrinkage, I guess!

Corvana
September 30th, 2018, 05:17 PM
Well I accidentally shot past mid-BSL :laugh: But it's October again (almost, but close enough!), and that means length shot time!

https://i.imgur.com/ajxYmfK.png

It's so so humid today, and my waves only want to be frizz no matter what I try, and I'm not about to coat my head in oil or something :laugh: FINE! Be that way!

Jas
October 1st, 2018, 01:23 AM
I forgot about this thread! Might upload my pics soon :D Corvana your hair is looking amazing, those waves look so dreamy!!

Corvana
October 1st, 2018, 10:51 AM
I forgot about this thread! Might upload my pics soon :D Corvana your hair is looking amazing, those waves look so dreamy!!

Thank you! I'm so excited to watch it grow lol.

And please do!! I saw your root progress the other day!

lapushka
October 1st, 2018, 11:24 AM
Corvana, you are making so much progress! :) That is awesome! :D

Corvana
October 1st, 2018, 12:53 PM
Corvana, you are making so much progress! :) That is awesome! :D

Thanks! I sort of had it in my head that my hair wasn't this long still, so seeing it was a bit of a (pleasant) shock! I expected it to be mid-BSL (where I was going to call it anyway), but it's actually a bit past the bottom, if only by .5cm :laugh: That's still a full cm more than I was expecting!

Ravenne
December 26th, 2018, 06:38 PM
Finally decided to start tracking my growth with photos! One month seems like too quick for me to see a noticeable difference and I don't want to encourage myself obsessing over it. I'm happy in the benign neglect camp (for the most part). But here's a 3 month (ish) progress pic! I'm so excited that I can see definite growth! Yessss!! There was also a small trim (~1/2" off of the fairytailing ends) right after the first pic to try to even up the hemline a bit. I'm thinking I'm going to go no-trim until I hit my goal of classic.

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=34770&d=1545874406

Jas
January 1st, 2019, 09:28 AM
Oh I missed this! Yeah three monthly is definitely easier to see growth - I reckon you can make no trim until classic ;D Go for it! It's looking nice at the ends, that trim made a difference

I'll upload my photos a bit later ~

Natalia_A00
January 1st, 2019, 04:14 PM
My hair in August

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-dnHj7EtKlBc/W3N1MM626vI/AAAAAAAAdbA/xFyGsc15Im8Gx11zEj9YVaKUGutrVz8pACLcBGAs/s640/IMG_20180804_000325.jpg

My hair in December

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ASMsXC1LbEw/XCjGKLklSxI/AAAAAAAAozw/qm0IzcplaD8vQMA_YdpfLdDj5G8e6-CEwCLcBGAs/s640/IMG-20181208-WA0004.jpg
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-oC-DM7lSIWI/XCjGONIryWI/AAAAAAAAoz0/waAt7Yi6kxof6hAnaRR3hu1vRqKIgF8bgCLcBGAs/s640/IMG-20181208-WA0005.jpg
The angles are different but I can notice growth. Now I have waist length hair more or less

Corvana
January 1st, 2019, 05:12 PM
It's that time again!! I needed a second row this time around lol.

https://i.imgur.com/AxRjiof.png

Natalia_A00 gorgeous! You've made a lot of progress!

Corvana
March 31st, 2019, 04:11 PM
Waiting on my hair to dry! I'm so excited for my update picture even if I don't think there's gonna be much difference :laugh:

Corvana
March 31st, 2019, 05:45 PM
Ha HA!

https://i.imgur.com/hjvxYsr.png

Still got a bit to go until hip, of course, but I'm glad to see some progress! It never feels like there's any :laugh:

Aunt Rapunzel
March 31st, 2019, 06:42 PM
Your hair is gorgeous, Corvana!

milosmomma
March 31st, 2019, 06:46 PM
It's awesome to see your progress line up corvana! It looks like waist in this photo too :)

Aunt Rapunzel
March 31st, 2019, 06:47 PM
Jan 2: https://i.imgur.com/IjviVH9.jpg Mar. 30: https://i.imgur.com/e0gkLiJ.jpg

Natalia, looking back through photos, your hair is stunning!

Ravenne, you have lovely hair!

Corvana
March 31st, 2019, 08:37 PM
Your hair is gorgeous, Corvana!

Thank you!

It's awesome to see your progress line up corvana! It looks like waist in this photo too :)

Thanks! It's nice to see it because sometimes I think my hair is still as long as it was in July 2018.

It's actually past waist now! The upper bit of the waistband is my natural waist, and it's reached the part where the actual skirt starts (hard to see in the lineup, but the full size is in the "Put your hair photos here" thread) now. And my hands are at hip!

Jan 2: Mar. 30:

That's some really great growth!

Corvana
July 3rd, 2019, 07:42 PM
Heyo it's that time again!

https://i.imgur.com/TiOrmPx.png

I'm about to start the third row! Aaaah! Exciting!!

LongHairM
July 5th, 2019, 07:48 AM
Heyo it's that time again!

https://i.imgur.com/TiOrmPx.png

I'm about to start the third row! Aaaah! Exciting!!

I love seeing your photos! Thanks for sharing! Did you trim at all in those (almost) 2 years?

Corvana
July 11th, 2019, 09:40 PM
I love seeing your photos! Thanks for sharing! Did you trim at all in those (almost) 2 years?

I did! I trimmed on the first of the year, about an inch-ish? Not a whole lot and it barely looked like I did anything to it :laugh:

Stray_mind
July 14th, 2019, 05:57 AM
I think i am going to join this thread.. My last pic was at the end of june and my next one will be at the end of september. Hoping to see some good progress.

Corvana
July 14th, 2019, 06:11 PM
I think i am going to join this thread.. My last pic was at the end of june and my next one will be at the end of september. Hoping to see some good progress.

Ooooh yes! More in the quarterly pile! Hehe

Stray_mind
July 15th, 2019, 02:00 AM
Ooooh yes! More in the quarterly pile! Hehe

Yep :D

Here is my starting pic:

https://i.imgur.com/hue3MOX.jpg

Kat-Rinnè Naido
August 9th, 2019, 10:42 AM
Looking through these photos and length gain is amazing.

elfynity
August 10th, 2019, 07:15 AM
I am started a new trim cycle where I will be trimming my hair about 1" every 4th month, starting from 1 Aug 2019 - so next trim is 1 Dec 2019; and will post a compare photo here. My first compare:

1 April 2019 - 1 Aug 2019
Not alot of length growth due to 2" of trim over this period.

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=38020&d=1565442812

S&S
August 13th, 2019, 03:25 PM
3 month progress ~ 2.25"

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=38071&d=1565731256

~.75" average during this time... I'm happy with that :D I'll post back shot with the measuring tape at the 6 month mark I think.

Jas
September 6th, 2019, 02:46 PM
Oh wow, it's been a while since I've been on here and I'm loving seeing photos! Corvana your growth is amazing, and your hair looks SO good!!

Elfyfinity it's definitely getting closer to waist!

I'll be posting here again 1st October ;D Looks like I keep forgetting so I'm writing it in the diary lol.

In the meantime, my 3 monthly progress up until now (Last one was near end of June but it counted as my July one).

https://i.ibb.co/7SJMscm/65-Aug-17-July-2019-Notes.png (https://ibb.co/GdvYzwS)

OUKess
September 6th, 2019, 03:39 PM
Jas you have beautiful hair!!

Corvana
September 6th, 2019, 03:46 PM
Oh wow, it's been a while since I've been on here and I'm loving seeing photos! Corvana your growth is amazing, and your hair looks SO good!!

Elfyfinity it's definitely getting closer to waist!

I'll be posting here again 1st October ;D Looks like I keep forgetting so I'm writing it in the diary lol.

In the meantime, my 3 monthly progress up until now (Last one was near end of June but it counted as my July one).

https://i.ibb.co/7SJMscm/65-Aug-17-July-2019-Notes.png (https://ibb.co/GdvYzwS)

Jas!! Look at all that growth!! Looking sooo good and so long!

And thanks! It feels super long lol. I can't wait until the first when I can do another length shot and update my signature!

Jas
September 6th, 2019, 04:05 PM
Aww thank you OUKess! I'd love to see your hair :D

Corvana it's actually feeling long now too!! This is why I like three monthly photos, you can see a good bit of difference each time and the yearly comparisons make me happy :P I do wish I had a bit of wave in my hair like yours though, it looked like it might go that way from the first photo but I think it was bleach damage that made it a different texture. Oh well, grass always greener and all that.

Omg it'll be your two year shot in October!! That's so exciting! Are you going for FTL as your final goal? I don't even know what my goal is any more...

Corvana
September 7th, 2019, 07:13 PM
Aww thank you OUKess! I'd love to see your hair :D

Corvana it's actually feeling long now too!! This is why I like three monthly photos, you can see a good bit of difference each time and the yearly comparisons make me happy :P I do wish I had a bit of wave in my hair like yours though, it looked like it might go that way from the first photo but I think it was bleach damage that made it a different texture. Oh well, grass always greener and all that.

Omg it'll be your two year shot in October!! That's so exciting! Are you going for FTL as your final goal? I don't even know what my goal is any more...

I don't even know :laugh: It's for sure my main growth goal, whether I want to stay there or not. I'll either want to go longer (this feels unlikely, to be honest, but who knows how I'll feel in a couple years lol), or want to maintain there, or want to cut back to somewhere! So my main goal right now is to just grow that long to say I've done it, and then figure out what I want from there!

And I know!! I'm super super excited. I can't wait to put this October's photo next to two years ago! I'm like an inch-ish from BCL now, so it'll be quite the difference!

And your hair is so beautiful! Like a gorgeous and shiny waterfall. It's funny you say that about the grass being greener because I've always wanted either curls or sleek straight hair (and waves when my hair was A Mess lol). I still do want that, too, sometimes!

Stray_mind
September 30th, 2019, 04:40 AM
Well, my (non)impressive three month growth pic... I actually feel rather disappointed since it basically looks the same length.

https://i.imgur.com/0TWAiV8.jpg

Corvana
October 1st, 2019, 05:59 PM
Stray_mind a little growth! But I know how you feel. My Jan/Apr photos from 2018 were practically the same. But from full APL on I was seeing more growth in my shots!

Speaking of... It's October first! Which means length shot day! I'm about half an inch from BCL stretched, and roughly an inch and a half wavy. Today was one of those days where my waves fell almost immediately :laugh:

https://i.imgur.com/EE6VAL2l.png

And look who has a new signature photo :cool:

Stray_mind
October 1st, 2019, 11:41 PM
Stray_mind a little growth! But I know how you feel. My Jan/Apr photos from 2018 were practically the same. But from full APL on I was seeing more growth in my shots!

Speaking of... It's October first! Which means length shot day! I'm about half an inch from BCL stretched, and roughly an inch and a half wavy. Today was one of those days where my waves fell almost immediately :laugh:

https://i.imgur.com/EE6VAL2l.png

And look who has a new signature photo :cool:

Your hair looks fantastic waves or no waves. :)

My hair feels longer if i bring it to the front. My waves and the general poofyness of my hair makes it hard to see progress, but i know it's growing. :)

Longlegs
October 2nd, 2019, 02:27 AM
I love looking at all those photo's Corvana Thanks for posting them.

Corvana
October 2nd, 2019, 09:59 PM
Your hair looks fantastic waves or no waves. :)

My hair feels longer if i bring it to the front. My waves and the general poofyness of my hair makes it hard to see progress, but i know it's growing. :)

:o Thank you! It's definitely growing, and getting more lovely by the day, too!

I love looking at all those photo's Corvana Thanks for posting them.

You're very welcome! I love looking at them, too. It's fun to see how far I've come, and to watch me get further and further from the camera :laugh:

Jas
October 3rd, 2019, 04:18 PM
Amazing progress Corvana! Your hair is looking so beautiful, your waves are to die for! Haha the camera getting further away was the one thing I luckily thought of when I started taking pics hence full body in the camera every time :P

You're so close to BCL!! Catching up to me ;o

Stray_mind - your hair is looking lovely and dye is growing out really well! I've had some months there barely looks a difference, think sometimes it is the angle of the photo - and sometimes a mini stall. You'll probably see a good bit of difference with 6 months :D

Taking my 3 monthly length shot tomorrow, watch this space

lapushka
October 3rd, 2019, 05:00 PM
Well, my (non)impressive three month growth pic... I actually feel rather disappointed since it basically looks the same length.

https://i.imgur.com/0TWAiV8.jpg

Just look at the junction on your arms, then you'll see the growth. I hope so. :flower:

gin
October 6th, 2019, 02:13 PM
Just look at the junction on your arms, then you'll see the growth. I hope so. :flower:

Stray_mind, I see it! There's definitely growth. :)

Here's a side-by-side of my head from July 7 to today, October 6:

https://i.imgur.com/xflXZ9E.png?1

It's kind of nice to see the difference, I was skeptical it would be noticeable based on other photos. This shirt is actually really good for these types of phots, it has the horizontal lines and the neck is super narrow so it's pretty much always in the same place and impossible to pull the shirt down or up to get a different angle or placement.

I think I have about 4 or so more inches before my goal length. Growing hair takes so much patience, haha.

Stray_mind
October 6th, 2019, 02:40 PM
Amazing progress Corvana! Your hair is looking so beautiful, your waves are to die for! Haha the camera getting further away was the one thing I luckily thought of when I started taking pics hence full body in the camera every time :P

You're so close to BCL!! Catching up to me ;o

Stray_mind - your hair is looking lovely and dye is growing out really well! I've had some months there barely looks a difference, think sometimes it is the angle of the photo - and sometimes a mini stall. You'll probably see a good bit of difference with 6 months :D

Taking my 3 monthly length shot tomorrow, watch this space
Thank you! I guess i just am impatient. :)

Stray_mind, I see it! There's definitely growth. :)

Here's a side-by-side of my head from July 7 to today, October 6:

https://i.imgur.com/xflXZ9E.png?1

It's kind of nice to see the difference, I was skeptical it would be noticeable based on other photos. This shirt is actually really good for these types of phots, it has the horizontal lines and the neck is super narrow so it's pretty much always in the same place and impossible to pull the shirt down or up to get a different angle or placement.

I think I have about 4 or so more inches before my goal length. Growing hair takes so much patience, haha.
Thank you. Your hair lookd so pretty!

Well maybe the distance to the junction Is a little smaller. My hair just used to grow way faster in the past, so i am a bit upset. I just need to be patient. :flower: Thanks for the encouragement.

Waveurly
December 6th, 2019, 08:22 AM
I'm going to join this thread for a while as I think it will be fun seeing a bit more progress. I'll use my end of November photo as starter over here:

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=39116&d=1574250961

I loved seeing everyone's progress in this thread!

Corvana
January 18th, 2020, 04:42 PM
I'm going to join this thread for a while as I think it will be fun seeing a bit more progress. I'll use my end of November photo as starter over here:

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=39116&d=1574250961

I loved seeing everyone's progress in this thread!

Welcome to the thread!! I really love the big jumps in progress I see when I take my quarterly photos, it's really reaffirming that I am in fact growing still.

Corvana
January 18th, 2020, 04:44 PM
A little late this month, but better late than never!! My trim pulled me back from BCL wavy again, but I'm still BCL stretched. I cropped my photo from this month at TBL to show just how long I have to go until my next milestone :laugh: It's gonna be a while!!

https://i.imgur.com/1dNRXQ9.png

gin
January 19th, 2020, 11:52 PM
Well, it's been a few months since my last photo, so I finally got around to taking one for an update!

https://i.imgur.com/gNSk1KD.png?2

I've been doing the absolute bare minimum to care for my hair the past few months (i.e. wash it when I have the time/energy and braid or bun it when going out) since my pregnancy is pretty much taking over everything. Good to know my hair is still growing! I measured the lines on the shirt and it's maybe 3.5-4 inches in 6 months, which I guess is close to or slightly above "average" growth. I think the ROO method has helped a lot with the longevity of my ends too. I haven't done any S&D at all in forever and they actually look the same, maybe even better, than before. :)

Tinyponies
January 20th, 2020, 12:49 AM
Wonderful progress, gin! Looking stunning, and long. Best wishes for the remainder of your pregnancy, enjoy! :inlove:

Waveurly
January 20th, 2020, 11:09 AM
Welcome to the thread!! I really love the big jumps in progress I see when I take my quarterly photos, it's really reaffirming that I am in fact growing still.

Yes it's very nice to see lots of progress I agree!

Love the progress Corvana and gin!

Both of you are reaching long lengths.that I'm still dreaming of! The hair of both of you is looking gorgeous!
And I can totally relate to feeling too tired to do much with my hair during pregnancy as well, since I've felt the same way during pregnancy (and after birth too.. ;)) Wishing you a great pregnancy and a healthy baby!

lapushka
January 20th, 2020, 04:48 PM
Corvana & gin, awesome! :D

Waveurly
February 18th, 2020, 12:03 AM
So here my first 3 month comparison, first one from November:

And then February

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=40301&d=1582009296

It grew, even though I feel like it has been growing quite slow lately. But it's nice to see progress this way!

Edit: Thinking about it, actually the sides grew quite a lot while the middle part has not obtained as much length. Interesting!

desisparkles
February 18th, 2020, 11:32 AM
A weekish shy of 3 months apart.

https://i.imgur.com/6hBGePO.jpg

Waveurly
February 21st, 2020, 02:13 AM
A weekish shy of 3 months apart.

https://i.imgur.com/6hBGePO.jpg

Amazing progress!! Your hair is looking great!

CalystaStarr
February 21st, 2020, 07:07 PM
This is 5 months but I wasn't sure where to post. I didn't realize how long my hair has gotten prior to this collage.

September-February

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=40358&d=1582336852

Waveurly
February 23rd, 2020, 02:26 AM
This is 5 months but I wasn't sure where to post. I didn't realize how long my hair has gotten prior to this collage.

September-February

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=40358&d=1582336852

It did grow a lot! Very nice progress! :)

Jas
February 23rd, 2020, 07:38 AM
Oh wow, it's lovely to see this thread still moving!

Waveurly - I love how you're put the chair there, so easy to see the difference in progress with chair milestones lol. Your hair looks so sleek and silky!

Desisparkles great progress - and it's looking thicker towards the ends too from those pics? Lovely curls..

Calystastarr - Definitely different in the photos. Lovely :D

I'll be doing my next photo 1st April!

Waveurly
February 24th, 2020, 07:41 AM
Thanks Jas! Yes the chair was actually more because I didn't want to stand but I'm getting a consistent angle like this haha!! Yay to chair progress!

gin
April 19th, 2020, 11:14 PM
Finally got around to take my 3-month photo. I only wash my hair every 1-2 weeks now due to pregnancy laziness and I can really only take these photos on wash day since all the other days it's all wavy/curly from being braided or bunned.

Here's the photo, left to right is July 2019, Oct 2019, Jan 2020, April 2020:

https://i.imgur.com/ThZte5H.png?1

Unfortunately you can't strictly go off the shirt lines anymore because pregnancy belly doesn't allow the shirt to lay exactly the same anymore. But I tried to line up my body as accurately as possible!

I learned today that I'm actually super close to BCL right now! Maybe a half inch? Had no idea I was that close!

Waveurly
May 23rd, 2020, 12:30 AM
Your hair is looking stunning gin!. Can relate to pregnancy laziness as I've been there. Wishing you a healthy pregnancy!

So I don't know how to align these photos in a better manner but here's my progress so far:

November:

February
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=40301&d=1582009296

And now May:
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=41430&d=1590214957

Hair color looks totally dark in gloomy weather and poor lighting haha

Lady_Eowyn
May 23rd, 2020, 01:27 AM
gin, Waveurly great hair growth. And I just love how thick and healthy your hair looks!

Jas
May 23rd, 2020, 03:09 AM
Absolutely gorgeous, waveurly and gin! It's definitely growing!

I've got my next 3 monthly photo coming up end of June/beginning of July so I'll make sure to post it here ^.^

Waveurly
May 23rd, 2020, 04:36 AM
gin, Waveurly great hair growth. And I just love how thick and healthy your hair looks!

Thank you! :D

Absolutely gorgeous, waveurly and gin! It's definitely growing!

I've got my next 3 monthly photo coming up end of June/beginning of July so I'll make sure to post it here ^.^

Yes, growing for sure :) it's easier to see progress with 3 months in between! I'm curious to see your update!

Jools69
July 13th, 2020, 03:06 AM
Here’s mine without any trimming:

9th March 2020
https://i.imgur.com/vlm7jAo.jpg

7th July 2020
https://i.imgur.com/VPwtnWk.jpg

I’ve definitely grown a couple of inches. :happydance: The first picture, I think my head was slight raised up and the hair had been straightened the day before. So should be on the bottom edge of BSL. The second picture is definitely MBL which still has some curls/waves from curling the night before, is 3 inches from the waistband on my denim skirt.

gin
July 18th, 2020, 01:07 PM
Here is my latest 3-month update! April to July 2020:

https://i.imgur.com/NA6kg5V.jpg

Also finally made it a full year's worth of growth photos! July 2019 - July 2020:

https://i.imgur.com/na9zTbd.jpg

Jas
July 19th, 2020, 04:05 AM
It's lovely to see this thread still active! Jools that is definitely quite a bit longer, great progress.

Gin, your hair is absolutely gorgeous - I love your hemline too, do you trim?

It's been a while since I've posted (busy year) however here are my updated three monthly pics from August 2017 to present!

https://i.ibb.co/JpYjvL9/87-3-Monthly-Aug-17-Jul-2020-Notes.png (https://ibb.co/5jQhrDP)

Jools69
July 19th, 2020, 10:48 AM
It's lovely to see this thread still active! Jools that is definitely quite a bit longer, great progress.

Gin, your hair is absolutely gorgeous - I love your hemline too, do you trim?

It's been a while since I've posted (busy year) however here are my updated three monthly pics from August 2017 to present!

https://i.ibb.co/JpYjvL9/87-3-Monthly-Aug-17-Jul-2020-Notes.png (https://ibb.co/5jQhrDP)

Thanks Jas. What great progress you’ve made, too!

CuteCrow
July 19th, 2020, 12:17 PM
Jools Wow, that's a lot of growth! It looks like WL to me :D

gin Your hair is always so shiny and beautiful! That's some nice growth too

Jas Look at that growth! Looking at your roots it seems like in less than two years you grew a crazy amount of hair!

Bat
July 21st, 2020, 09:37 AM
Wow great growth everyone!

elfynity
July 30th, 2020, 08:05 AM
I trimmed my hair in April, it was meant to be a microtrim which I can never get right, and landed up trimming off way more than I should have and cut it horribly skew. No more of trimming! I have now been S&D'ing exclusively since that cut and as you can see from the pic below, I have grown back to where I was before ...

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=42140&d=1596117512

Waveurly
August 25th, 2020, 11:42 AM
Well since I thought about this thread again I'm going to post a progress photo, this is now in August:

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=42394&d=1598376607

And this was in May:

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=41430&d=1590214957

So yeah.. the hair grew! Even though I have trimmed at least 2 times so in my opinion it's not as much growth as could be. Anyway, hopefully it will be much longer again in 3 more months!

jane_marie
October 6th, 2020, 04:02 PM
I think I'm going to start posting in this thread. Sometimes it's hard for me to see the difference between monthly length checks.

Here is June 7th to October 6th.

https://i.imgur.com/XeSI8K7.png

Waveurly
October 8th, 2020, 03:58 AM
I think I'm going to start posting in this thread. Sometimes it's hard for me to see the difference between monthly length checks.

Here is June 7th to October 6th.

https://i.imgur.com/XeSI8K7.png

Beautiful!! Lots of progress :)

jane_marie
October 10th, 2020, 06:18 AM
Beautiful!! Lots of progress :)

Thank you :o. I love this idea. It's nice to be able to see it more clearly.

Waveurly
November 4th, 2020, 11:41 AM
So here a small update.. I guess this page has not a lot of entries these days haha but anyways this is from August to November. To be fair it was from about the 20 of August to 1 November so it are not 3 full months buuut... I remembered and I had time so here it is!

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=43255&d=1604515164

Jas
November 8th, 2020, 04:18 AM
Nice waveurly - you grew past the circle!

Jane_marie there's definitely a difference there, not bad going :D

Bat
November 9th, 2020, 01:29 AM
4 months ish give or take growing out side shave I got it trimmed twice.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/754621585465540641/775274619917697034/Screenshot_2020-11-09-18-24-15-99.jpg

Lucy McLucyFace
November 10th, 2020, 02:48 PM
This is much more pleasant than looking at my slow monthly progress :whistle:
So crazy to look back at how far I've come this year

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=43332&d=1605044738

Bat
January 19th, 2021, 05:03 AM
I had to go through many many pages to find this topic but here we go!

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/754621585465540641/801046075736588288/IMG_20210119_210036.jpg it doesn't look this long when I take photos lol mum took today's one.

I'm thinking I have my camera too high up or something when I usually take them. And to think I almost shaved it all off!

lapushka
January 19th, 2021, 06:22 AM
Ooh Bat, progress! It seems to grow quite fast for you! In 2 months that's quite a bit and it goes from not to almost covering your neck (that's a lot of growth for 2 months). And get this, it's been since November that you trimmed, awesomeness! I love that. :D

BuddhaBelle
January 19th, 2021, 07:13 AM
I know the first post says post photos where you used something you can use as a marker... do two mirror photos count?

Hair from plaits in Octobers (my last trim) vs plaits in January!

https://i.imgur.com/SiDXxXw.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/J3acSjB.jpg

Bat
January 19th, 2021, 01:48 PM
Ooh Bat, progress! It seems to grow quite fast for you! In 2 months that's quite a bit and it goes from not to almost covering your neck (that's a lot of growth for 2 months). And get this, it's been since November that you trimmed, awesomeness! I love that. :D

I did have a tiny trim Jan 7 but it was mainly to take off dead ends and cut out some of the thickness, isn't it 3 months? Or I can't count lol, I've been using Waterman's growth serum every day too that might be helping

Bat
January 19th, 2021, 01:49 PM
I know the first post says post photos where you used something you can use as a marker... do two mirror photos count?

Hair from plaits in Octobers (my last trim) vs plaits in January!

https://i.imgur.com/SiDXxXw.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/J3acSjB.jpg

Oooh nice you grew a lot too

BuddhaBelle
January 19th, 2021, 02:12 PM
Oooh nice you grew a lot too

thank you :D

lapushka
January 19th, 2021, 04:37 PM
I did have a tiny trim Jan 7 but it was mainly to take off dead ends and cut out some of the thickness, isn't it 3 months? Or I can't count lol, I've been using Waterman's growth serum every day too that might be helping

19 November to 19 Dec = 1 month, to 19 Jan = 2 months. ;)

Bat
January 19th, 2021, 08:11 PM
19 November to 19 Dec = 1 month, to 19 Jan = 2 months. ;)

Well damn I over shot and shouldn't have posted in here xD oh well

draysmir
February 2nd, 2021, 01:55 PM
BuddhaBelle Your hair looks like it grew quite a bit between the two photos. :) Are you wearing braid waves? I like how the waves look.

I don't take photos every month usually anymore, so I thought I could join this thread. :)

https://i.imgur.com/OAa98yV.jpg

It doesn't look like I gained that much length, but I did have a trim.

Bat
February 2nd, 2021, 02:06 PM
BuddhaBelle Your hair looks like it grew quite a bit between the two photos. :) Are you wearing braid waves? I like how the waves look.

I don't take photos every month usually anymore, so I thought I could join this thread. :)

It looked like you had some length traveling down from the left side especially, I love your hair

BuddhaBelle
February 2nd, 2021, 02:09 PM

I think i went from past APL to BSL! But yes braid waves! Your hair is so beautiful I bet it’s like a nice blanket

oldrocker
February 2nd, 2021, 04:44 PM

UHHHH....Oh, my goodness.....

O.R.

Jane99
February 2nd, 2021, 07:05 PM
Draysmir your hair is so flowy and pretty!

draysmir
February 2nd, 2021, 07:45 PM
It looked like you had some length traveling down from the left side especially, I love your hair

Thank you Bat. I'm hoping the sides of my hair will travel down to my hemline eventually, I am not too hopeful though... :p

I think i went from past APL to BSL! But yes braid waves! Your hair is so beautiful I bet it’s like a nice blanket

Haha yes it does feel like a blanket! It is a fun feeling. I say that wearing my hair down keeps me as warm as putting a sweater on. ;)

UHHHH....Oh, my goodness.....

O.R.

Draysmir your hair is so flowy and pretty!

Thank you. :)

Bat
February 2nd, 2021, 11:39 PM
Thank you Bat. I'm hoping the sides of my hair will travel down to my hemline eventually, I am not too hopeful though... :p

Haha yes it does feel like a blanket! It is a fun feeling. I say that wearing my hair down keeps me as warm as putting a sweater on. ;)

Thank you. :)

I say it will!, also how do you get it looking so straight if you are 2a? I always thought your hair was 1a/b

Ylva
February 3rd, 2021, 05:08 AM
I say it will!, also how do you get it looking so straight if you are 2a? I always thought your hair was 1a/b

If I brush my 2a hair, it will also be like draysmir's. Look here (https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=32990&d=1534022862).

Bat
February 3rd, 2021, 05:11 AM
If I brush my 2a hair, it will also be like draysmir's. Look here (https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=32990&d=1534022862).

I wish lol, I brush mine and it's still curly like at the ends, my current avatar was after I brushed it I could handle 2a but I don't know how I'll feel if I'm 2b/C D: but I'm trying to not be to be bothered about it until I see how it is past APL

draysmir
February 3rd, 2021, 08:05 AM

I brushed my hair out in this photo, so I lose a lot of my texture when I do that (like Ylva does as well). I'd say my hair is close to 1c once it is brushed out. Also it is second day waves so they are less prominent than day one.

Another thing that affects my texture is my length. I have lost some of my "waviness" since my hair has been about TBL. The weight of the length stretches out my waves. As well, I have fine hair, so it is easily weighed down by products and its own weight. My waves look quite "shallow" now. Honestly I think my hair barely qualifies as 2a, but I like wavy hair lol so I say its 2a. Maybe it is more 1c/2a. :p

I wish lol, I brush mine and it's still curly like at the ends, my current avatar was after I brushed it I could handle 2a but I don't know how I'll feel if I'm 2b/C D: but I'm trying to not be to be bothered about it until I see how it is past APL

Hang in there Bat! My hair had the most texture when I had shoulder length hair with layers. That is a good idea to wait until APL to see how your texture will look then. Once I had more length, my waves stretched out and became more loose.

Even if your hair does end up being 2b/c, remember this is the MOST your hair can be textured. Often people's waves will straighten out more after wash day and after brushing it. And as you can see with me, while my hair has the potential to be 2a, it actually rarely looks that wavy. :)

Here is a photo where my hair is more wavy:

https://i.imgur.com/3FcAfYf.jpg

I have photos since growing from MBL in my albums if you were curious how my waves have changed as my hair has gotten longer. :) Most of my monthly photos are brushed out, there's a couple that's not though I believe.

Bat
February 4th, 2021, 04:29 AM
I brushed my hair out in this photo, so I lose a lot of my texture when I do that (like Ylva does as well). I'd say my hair is close to 1c once it is brushed out. Also it is second day waves so they are less prominent than day one.

Another thing that affects my texture is my length. I have lost some of my "waviness" since my hair has been about TBL. The weight of the length stretches out my waves. As well, I have fine hair, so it is easily weighed down by products and its own weight. My waves look quite "shallow" now. Honestly I think my hair barely qualifies as 2a, but I like wavy hair lol so I say its 2a. Maybe it is more 1c/2a. :p

Hang in there Bat! My hair had the most texture when I had shoulder length hair with layers. That is a good idea to wait until APL to see how your texture will look then. Once I had more length, my waves stretched out and became more loose.

Even if your hair does end up being 2b/c, remember this is the MOST your hair can be textured. Often people's waves will straighten out more after wash day and after brushing it. And as you can see with me, while my hair has the potential to be 2a, it actually rarely looks that wavy. :)

I have photos since growing from MBL in my albums if you were curious how my waves have changed as my hair has gotten longer. :) Most of my monthly photos are brushed out, there's a couple that's not though I believe.

Oh that looks great on you too, I'll try to push through to apl. Before deciding if I'm growing longer or not

draysmir
February 4th, 2021, 07:56 AM
Oh that looks great on you too, I'll try to push through to apl. Before deciding if I'm growing longer or not

Thank you. I personally don't like my texture much until my hair is about waist length. I think striving for mini-goals is a good idea, it is easier to stick to smaller goals when you are unsure about what you want long-term. :) It seems less daunting, at least to me.

Bat
February 4th, 2021, 05:56 PM
Thank you. I personally don't like my texture much until my hair is about waist length. I think striving for mini-goals is a good idea, it is easier to stick to smaller goals when you are unsure about what you want long-term. :) It seems less daunting, at least to me.

APL is a good First goal for me, it would be the longest I've ever had it

BuddhaBelle
February 5th, 2021, 02:53 AM

Sooooo pretty! I love your waves

draysmir
February 5th, 2021, 06:47 AM
Sooooo pretty! I love your waves

Thank you :o

wo
March 6th, 2021, 07:02 AM
The new picture is second day hair, but this is a little over 4 months of growth. The old picture was right after my last trim. I was wearing this shirt again and I realized it's pretty good for length comparisons. https://i.postimg.cc/nc9NNm0H/Photo-Grid-1615036560516.jpg (https://postimg.cc/Whj9khBK)

Eastbound&Down
March 6th, 2021, 08:19 AM
The new picture is second day hair, but this is a little over 4 months of growth. The old picture was right after my last trim. I was wearing this shirt again and I realized it's pretty good for length comparisons. https://i.postimg.cc/nc9NNm0H/Photo-Grid-1615036560516.jpg (https://postimg.cc/Whj9khBK)

That's some good progress!

lapushka
March 9th, 2021, 03:34 PM
That's some good progress!

Yes, from above waist, to below waist! :)

oldrocker
March 9th, 2021, 03:52 PM

Ha Draysmir, Your hair looks like it has its own attitude in this pic.... don't feed it after midnight!!! :)

O.R.

lapushka
March 9th, 2021, 04:18 PM
Ha Draysmir, Your hair looks like it has its own attitude in this pic.... don't feed it after midnight!!! :)

O.R.

Why I'm laughing has nothing to do with draysmir's hair, but... :spitting: Oh those movies from way back when. :p

draysmir
March 9th, 2021, 06:12 PM

O.R.

:lol: Thank you for the laugh! I love Gremlins.

lapushka
March 9th, 2021, 06:26 PM
:lol: Thank you for the laugh! I love Gremlins.

That and John Hughes movies? Those were the days!

draysmir
March 10th, 2021, 06:50 AM
That and John Hughes movies? Those were the days!

:D Indeed. I used to watch those types of movies a lot with my late nana when I was a kid.

JasminxCat
March 31st, 2021, 05:00 PM
12-13-20
https://i.postimg.cc/76D7H1sT/Screenshot-20210331-143008-Gallery.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

3-31-21
https://i.postimg.cc/sxWv5vNR/Screenshot-20210331-144240-Gallery.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Grew a little, maybe 2 or so inches and got softer since joining LHC

Bat
April 1st, 2021, 05:35 AM
It looks beautiful! Nice growth!

Eastbound&Down
April 1st, 2021, 07:02 AM
12-13-20
https://i.postimg.cc/76D7H1sT/Screenshot-20210331-143008-Gallery.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

3-31-21
https://i.postimg.cc/sxWv5vNR/Screenshot-20210331-144240-Gallery.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Grew a little, maybe 2 or so inches and got softer since joining LHC

Is that your natural color? Beautiful as always!

JasminxCat
April 1st, 2021, 11:12 AM
Thanks guys. And yes it's my natural color but I hate it on me :D

Bri-Chan
April 1st, 2021, 12:54 PM
It looks very close to WL!

Bat
December 26th, 2021, 06:33 AM
Bumpi this up so I can't find it again in a few days

Bat
December 31st, 2021, 11:10 PM
Here we go 3 months since my skin shave
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/892306370991390780/926719547250196480/IMG_2022-1-1-161230.jpg

Jools69
January 1st, 2022, 10:12 AM
02 October 2021:
https://i.imgur.com/pBIYAtU.jpg

01 October 2022: 34.75
https://i.imgur.com/FlQbzzM.jpg

draysmir
January 3rd, 2022, 08:26 PM
Here we go 3 months since my skin shave
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/892306370991390780/926719547250196480/IMG_2022-1-1-161230.jpg

Awesome growth! :D

01 October 2022: 34.75
https://i.imgur.com/FlQbzzM.jpg

I love your texture and hemline. :crush:

Bat
January 3rd, 2022, 11:24 PM
Awesome growth! :D

thank you! that random curly bit at the bottom right though D:

draysmir
January 4th, 2022, 08:43 AM
thank you! that random curly bit at the bottom right though D:

I like it your hair type Bat, you naturally have some nice volume! :D I love how defiant some curls can be. :lol:

Bat
January 4th, 2022, 01:57 PM
I like it your hair type Bat, you naturally have some nice volume! :D I love how defiant some curls can be. :lol:

I used to have 1b hair and I loved it, but when I went on HRT for my transition it gradually started going more textured I'm hoping they fall out with more length

DropStitches
January 19th, 2022, 06:15 AM
I am procrastinating at work, and made this! Four months between the first and the last pics:

https://i.imgur.com/Tjofwz9l.jpg

APL is at the turquoise line - I'm there stretched, and bits of it are now there wavy, but I'm going to wait a bit to call it so it looks more APL-ish overall! This photo was a nice surprise - I often feel like it's not growing at all, but looking at it here, it clearly is!

Ylva
January 19th, 2022, 06:25 AM
That's some mad growth, DropStitches! :thud:

DropStitches
January 19th, 2022, 08:44 AM
That's some mad growth, DropStitches! :thud:

Haha, thanks, Ylva! Nowhere near your dreamy lengths yet - maybe one day!

Bat
January 22nd, 2022, 09:00 AM
I am procrastinating at work, and made this! Four months between the first and the last pics:

https://i.imgur.com/Tjofwz9l.jpg

APL is at the turquoise line - I'm there stretched, and bits of it are now there wavy, but I'm going to wait a bit to call it so it looks more APL-ish overall! This photo was a nice surprise - I often feel like it's not growing at all, but looking at it here, it clearly is!

It looks beautiful!

DropStitches
January 23rd, 2022, 01:23 AM
It looks beautiful!

Thanks so much, Bat! It doesn’t always look like this (at the least hint of humidity, I get a little halo of frizz), but it has its moments!