PDA

View Full Version : My man bought the wrong hair type shampoo - will it matter?

Lisa Long4Life
November 17th, 2017, 01:35 PM
He went out and bought me shampoo and conditioner. I recently started buying Noughty and it was on offer at Superdrug.
Bless him. he thought he was doing the right thing but he bought "To the Rescue- Moisture Boost for Dry or Frizzy hair" whereas last time I bought "Rise and Shine for normal or dry hair"
I would say my hair is more the oily side of normal, it is oily/greasy after 2 days.
Will the moisturising shampoo make it worse?

lapushka
November 17th, 2017, 02:26 PM
A tad, maybe. I don't know with sulfate-free shampoos, but with sulfate shampoos it matters a *tiny* bit. I can go a day less with a very moisturizing shampoo formula (especially when it's from the Garnier Ultra Doux / Whole Blends line), which is why I buy shampoo for oily hair. But, I have been faring well with the Pantene Aqua Light which is kind of a weightless formula but no skin type is indicated. Still it's the same as my other shampoos for oily hair.

You're just going to have to try it out and see. It can be different range per range as well!

Lisa Long4Life
November 17th, 2017, 03:01 PM
Yes, it can't hurt to try. At least until I can buy some more or order some online. Thanks :)

Lady Stardust
November 21st, 2017, 12:41 PM
He went out and bought me shampoo and conditioner. I recently started buying Noughty and it was on offer at Superdrug.
Bless him. he thought he was doing the right thing but he bought "To the Rescue- Moisture Boost for Dry or Frizzy hair" whereas last time I bought "Rise and Shine for normal or dry hair"
I would say my hair is more the oily side of normal, it is oily/greasy after 2 days.
Will the moisturising shampoo make it worse?

I bought two different deep treatments when they were the Naked range, and didn't notice a massive difference between the two, but I suppose it's possible that the difference would be more noticeable with shampoo and conditioner. I'll be interested to see how you get on!

One thing I've noticed is that I have to shampoo twice with the Noughty Shine shampoo because it's so gentle (I wash every other day). At first I thought it was too heavy for me but we're getting along famously now.

Lisa Long4Life
November 21st, 2017, 01:05 PM
I wash every other day too but I've always shampooed twice. I did notice that the first wash hardly felt like it washed at all.
The moisturising one smells nice, used it last night. It feels ok so far, I've worn my hair up all day so I should be ok for another day.

sapphire-o
November 26th, 2017, 07:46 PM
I've used the wrong shampoo for years. :D I use a volumizing shampoo for flat hair, even though my hair is pretty wavy and big. I just like the way it made my scalp feel, so clean. I don't have very good luck with moisture shampoo, they coat my hair and made it tangle up. Maybe yours won't be like that.

Lisa Long4Life
November 27th, 2017, 03:41 PM
I still manage to last 2 days but it does feel a bit different. The moisture rich one has shea butter and olive oil in the conditioner so I think the conditioner might be a bit rich. He complained because I've just gone from <£1 per 500ml to £4/5 per 250ml for the Noughty stuff.